Pretty Little Liars

• Please log in to reply

19188 replies to this topic

TWoP Pembleton

TWoP Pembleton

TWoP Moderator

Posted Mar 19, 2014 @ 8:29 PM

Just a quick note because it seems to be an ongoing problem with this thread and I'd rather just post once and address it instead of giving out warnings here and there:

Please spell out curse words. Don't use asterisks to mask them. Everyone knows what word you mean. If you're grown up enough to post here, you're grown up enough to read the word fuck. PM me if you have questions.

My Way

My Way

Stalker

Posted Jan 16, 2013 @ 10:15 AM

God help us all if Aria is pregnant.

God help me I didn’t even think of that! For the first time, I really was enjoying Meredith and Aria’s camaraderie. Although Meredith spying on Aria ‘gasp shock’ talking to her mom at school was kind of ridiculous. She is her mother, Mer! They could have been talking about anything. Way to think it’s all about you. The scary factor on Byron was definitely upped this episode. I’m actually sad that it’s probably a red herring, as far as his killing Ali is concerned. I’m not sure what to think about Meredith long term, is she secretly evil and trying to act like a decent person to get Aria on her side? Did she really kill Alison?

Ella needs to take custody of her kids.

Seriously. The second her dad told that creeper story about her hiding things in her boots I would have been gone.

Accusing your daughter of arson with intent to injure with no proof is bad enough Byron but RUINING THE ENDING OF A MOVIE ON PURPOSE?

I totally forgot about that part! Didn’t he say the guy had heads in his freezer or something. What the hell was Aria watching?

Emily is a badass but why does she still drive to remote places after dark ffs?

Yeah, Emily is crazy. And then when Paige tells you she’s scared of being murdered all the time – for good reason - you think a nice walk through the dark woods alone is a grand plan. I loved her chasing Toby, though.

Oh, new decathalon guy is adorable! Especially with glasses. I felt like the show was trying to give him ‘nerd’ glasses that he could later take off and show that he was actually a cute boy underneath but that really wasn’t necessary because the glasses make him cuter!

The kid next to Spencer seemed to be a bit hesitant to raise his hand so I'm thinking Mona did something behind the scenes to persuade them.

I think that’s likely but it was also funny that all the girls sided against Spencer.

Go Hanna for talking to Lucas and telling off Mona, boo to Hanna for ratting Lucas out. Fingers crossed he doesn’t get murdered!

ElectricBoogalo

ElectricBoogalo

Stalker

Posted Jan 16, 2013 @ 10:18 AM

What the hell was Aria watching?

For some reason, I thought they were watching Gilda but I don't remember any frozen heads from that movie so I could be totally wrong. I'd have to watch that scene again more carefully to be sure.

Featherhat

Featherhat

Fanatic

Posted Jan 16, 2013 @ 10:30 AM

start carrying pepper spray or other self defense instruments

Didn't Spencer mention Macing Mona this ep, you'd think they would carry it around in case of random A attacks and/or the chance to fire before TobAy/MonA runs off.

After Emily's Shoulder Cream Incident, you'd think the PLL would be running everything they eat and drink through a mass spectrometer before ingesting it, which is why I couldn't believe that Aria drank that tea.

Especially since it's only been a few weeks since she was roofied by a Jester, shut in a box with a dead body and almost thrown off a moving train.

I agree with whoever said they're disappointed that Emily has so far shown no reaction to Cousin Nate's death. I know she said she doesn't get frightened she gets mad about how this stufff shouldn't be happening but I expected some kind of accknowledgement.

Similarly what's up with still no one mentioning the body bag in the drinks cooler yet?

dubbel zout

dubbel zout

Stalker

Posted Jan 16, 2013 @ 10:32 AM

- tell wtf is going on to some sane, trustworthy adult (Ashley, Ella, Mr Fields)

Can you imagine if Emily's dad knew what was going on? He'd have 99 percent of the male population over the age of 10 in Rosewood arrested, and the town would be under curfew until he'd rounded up A+ and the rest of the group. Of course, this all would take about fifteen minutes, so people would barely realize what was going on. There's no way Mr. Fields is going to know anything. Hee.

ME Again

ME Again

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 16, 2013 @ 10:45 AM

I have a couple of questions about this episode:

I missed the first 10 minutes - did they reveal who set the fire that burned Meredith?

Also, what do you guys think this A tag means?

Edited by ME Again, Jan 16, 2013 @ 11:16 AM.

DigiKing

DigiKing

Fanatic

Posted Jan 16, 2013 @ 11:22 AM

Ella has far more self control than I do. I can't believe that Meredith had the nerve to tell her she noticed Ella and Aria talking. OMG, a mother and daughter having a conversation? Stop the presses. I would have told her that any conversation I have with my daughter is none of her fucking business and to kindly fuck off.

Holy mackerel, THIS. I found it hilarious that she assumed it was about the blowing up incident when it had nothing to do with her and she had no reason to believe it had anything to do with her. That's the other thing; she seems to be sliding herself into the family in the hopes that she'll grow on them...like a fungus. You're not Aria's mother, you're not her big sister, you're not even her friend. You're just the hot young tail Byron destroyed his family in pursuit of.

Also, that head nerd was freaking hilarious. Glasses don't hide the fact that you're 6'5" and broader than a barn door. Hard to believe that this is the same show that cast Lucas. I guess that since Lucas was never intended to be a love interest he can look suitably nerdy, but "Clark" (can't remember his actual name) couldn't have been more telegraphed as Spencer's new love interest after the TobiAs reveal if he had been wearing a sign.

Byron's little speech about Aria's hiding places was more freaky than anything I've ever seen on television. I have to hand it to Mr. Lowe. He played that marvelously. I've said from the beginning that Byron should be the killer, and even though Meredith seems a possible suspect as well, Byron would just be so satisfying as the culprit, on the level of the Season 3A culprit in Veronica Mars.

There are more things I want to respond to but that'll have to come later.

EDIT: The firestarter was Lucas; he was trying to strike back against Mona and Meredith was an unintended casualty.

Edited by DigiKing, Jan 16, 2013 @ 11:22 AM.

emma675

emma675

Fanatic

Posted Jan 16, 2013 @ 11:43 AM

I'm gonna guess that half the team bought Lucas's test answers which Mona used to blackmail them for votes. Her pointed "I had time to do some campaigning" and the one kid very reluctantly raising his hand were a give-away imo.

Oooohhh, I like this theory! It pulls everything together and explains the reluctant hand raiser and maybe also the weird look between the two girls when Mona first showed up. It also ties nicely into Lucas' story.

They are pushing Byron as the murderer so hard now it's doing a 180 in my mind and now I'm convinced he's being set up (although he is definitely still a creeper). And I'm convinced Meredith is absolutely up to no good.

What I can't figure out is why Aria and Mike (I'm assuming, since he's been totally MIA) are living with Byron and why Byron got the house and Ella moved out. In my mind, Byron is the one who cheated, lied, and broke up his family--he should be the one alone in an apartment somewhere, not Ella. It makes no sense!

Gah, I love Emily, but I swear she is too stupid to live sometimes. Drag your panicking, PTSD girlfriend who knows all about A, out for a walk in the creepy woods at night with no flashlight or weapon. Great idea, moron.

I think Lucas or Mona is dead by the end of the season.

Edited by emma675, Jan 16, 2013 @ 11:44 AM.

My Way

My Way

Stalker

Posted Jan 16, 2013 @ 12:23 PM

What I can't figure out is why Aria and Mike (I'm assuming, since he's been totally MIA) are living with Byron and why Byron got the house and Ella moved out

I think what happened is that after Ella found out the truth and was understandably pissed at Byron, he was all 'well I'm not leaving this family; I still want this to work' so Ella said 'fine, I'm out'. He was digging his heels in and Ella did feel like dealing with it.

That doesn't explain why he's still living there now that they are officially (??) divorced because that's bullshit.

Sakura12

Sakura12

Fanatic

Posted Jan 16, 2013 @ 12:53 PM

If and when Spencer finds out I wonder if we'll finally see the behind the scenes of the A Team.

I missed the first 10 minutes - did they reveal who set the fire that burned Meredith?

It was Lucas, trying to scare Mona. But the creepy janitor/lost woods guy is being blamed for it.

ME Again

ME Again

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 16, 2013 @ 12:56 PM

I think Lucas or Mona is dead by the end of the season.

Agree. Unfortunately, I think it will be Lucas since he started the fire last episode to get back at Mona and has been spilling information to Hannah. A+ will probably think that he has now become a liability. With the scene at Byron's office, it looks like Mona is still all-in as a member of the A team.

I guess the liars still think that Mona is head A and that is why they are ostracizing her and lashing out at her. If they knew she was just part of the team, I would hope that they, especially Hannah, would be trying to get her to talk.

mac123x

mac123x

Fanatic

Posted Jan 16, 2013 @ 1:12 PM

use only food, drink and assorted items in sealed packages

I’m afraid that isn’t even good enough. Remember Emily’s “A”lphabet cereal box? I think they need to hire a couple of freshman as food tasters.

tell wtf is going on to some sane, trustworthy adult

Spencer should have shown that A-text to the (unseen) faculty advisor. And her (unseen) parents. And everyone on that academic team. And announced it over the PA system at school. “Hey, everyone, I just got a threatening text from ‘A’ as soon as I wound up in a competition with Mona. She sent a bunch of texts under that pseudonym before she went to the loony bin; I’m sure some of you received them. Draw your own conclusions.”

Cherith

Cherith

Fanatic

Posted Jan 16, 2013 @ 1:18 PM

After Emily's Shoulder Cream Incident, you'd think the PLL would be running everything they eat and drink through a mass spectrometer before ingesting it, which is why I couldn't believe that Aria drank that tea.

When Hanna went to the Church Dance with Toby he offered to get her punch and she said she doesn't drink anything that hasn't been shrink wrapped. So it isn't that the girls don't learn it is just that Aria is a moron. Hanna knows better.

I still say that Hanna has become the smartest of the bunch.

Toby's reveal will be deveastating emotionally, obviously, but knowing something that big will surely be a win for the Liars.

I think it was weird that Emily didn't mention that she also had a complete meltdown about everything, didn't sleep, had panic attacks and had to go to see Dr. Sullivan to confess it all (which led to a demented scavanger hunt so maybe don't send her to Dr. Sullivan). I mean she was perfectly good to Paige. But with Paige admitting that she didn't want to say anything because Em likes strong women and how brave she is and all of that you would think Emily would throw in a word or two about that period.

I thought her admitting that she tries to pretend to be strong to fit with what she thinks Emily wants was very sweet but also really sad. I don't know that they will ever be on level playing fields. It all seems pretty doomed to fail. Also, I don't remember Maya being all that strong. Even in Season 1 when I liked her she seemed more like a typical boho self-absorbed teen (like Aria).

Edited by Cherith, Jan 16, 2013 @ 1:41 PM.

ME Again

ME Again

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 16, 2013 @ 1:20 PM

The Liars need to score victory and soon.

Totally agree. I would love for them to find out some critical piece of information that the A team doesn't know they have so they could have some kind of ammunition. Maybe after TobAy is discovered and Spencer stops sharing everything with him, this can happen.

AzraelKay

AzraelKay

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 16, 2013 @ 1:38 PM

For some reason, I thought they were watching Gilda but I don't remember any frozen heads from that movie so I could be totally wrong. I'd have to watch that scene again more carefully to be sure.

Don't know what she was watching but def not "Gilda" - that is one of my all time favorite movies and that was not a scene from it.

ETA: I just did some quick googling and it appears to be "Night Must Fall"

Edited by AzraelKay, Jan 16, 2013 @ 1:41 PM.

plltvshow

plltvshow

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 16, 2013 @ 3:27 PM

I am glad Hanna tell Mona off she deserve everything she gets. Emily had no reaction when Paige had a meltdown i was expecting a reaction after Emily had to kill Nate. Toby could been the person in queen of hearts costumes if he got the balls to try to kill his girlfriend. I glad Lucas and Hanna are getting they friendship back on track. I think Meredith is trying to poison Aria with that tea by making her more sick then she already is. I think Aria just got the flu i dont think she's pregnant dont she got enough to worry about A and Ezra secret kid? I love the Spencer and Mona showdown i think Spencer should have won because Mona cheated. Toby true colors came out trying to ran Lucas down flatten Emily's girlfriend tire and lying to Spencer. Toby getting more evil by the second cant wait for him to get exposed going to be epic.

Edited by plltvshow, Jan 16, 2013 @ 3:30 PM.

notJaneAustin

notJaneAustin

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 16, 2013 @ 3:31 PM

Apologies if this has been posted, but that was a very interesting quote on the blackboard behind Ella. I'm not sure how much of it was on the board, but it was from this paragraph in Orwell's 1984 after the characters have betrayed each other:

'Sometimes,' she said, 'they threaten you with something -- something you can't stand up to, can't even think about. And then you say, "Don't do it to me, do it to somebody else, do it to So-and-so." And perhaps you might pretend, afterwards, that it was only a trick and that you just said it to make them stop and didn't really mean it. But that isn't true. At the time when it happens you do mean it. You think there's no other way of saving yourself, and you're quite ready to save yourself that way. You want it to happen to the other person. You don't give a damn what they suffer. All you care about is yourself.'

I wonder whose motivation this could be. (Surely not Ella?) Lucas? Byron? Just about everyone?

Cherith

Cherith

Fanatic

Posted Jan 16, 2013 @ 3:36 PM

I am pretty sure that paragraph is about the four girls and how they let Toby take the fall becuase the idea of jail, of their parents knowing they blinded a girl, they idea of other students knowing etc. was all too horrible for them. And they tried to justify it a million ways "it was Alison", "he was peeping in our window anyway", "he might be a killer", "he was better off away from Jenna". But, in the end, they were scared and all they cared about was not getting in trouble so they let Ali put all of it on innocent (of that crime) Toby.

Edited by Cherith, Jan 16, 2013 @ 4:03 PM.

brunax5

brunax5

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 16, 2013 @ 3:38 PM

How does this show keep getting better? How?!!

Now, that we're actually getting some information and also getting to see Mona and Toby's faces as they work as A, I think everything is twice as creepy.

Paige was great and I thought her freak out was very realistic. She kind of reminded me of how, for a long ass time, the girls behaved like victims, absolutely terrified, waiting for the next A attack but also contributing to their own misery by creating scenarios that A could exploit. It made me see how far they've come-- how self-aware and strong they've become. That was cool!

We had so many interesting bits! Lucas' story, Ella's, Meredith's, Mona's. I'm not sure I buy any of them, tbh. Mona's was obviously a lie and it cracked me up when the girls stared at her blankly. Also, I just can't seem to trust Lucas, no matter how much I try. It's probably because the stories he tells us -- poker problem, selling test answers-- are just that: stories. We never actually see evidence of him doing any of those things.

I never suspected of Ella before, but she seemed very weird during her conversation with Aria.

While I deeply appreciate the show didn't go the cliche route and stretched the Meredith vs. Aria thing, this new Meredith kind of gave me a whiplash. I can buy that when faced with something as extreme as a murder it would bring out a decent side of hers, because some people work like that. And that she would want to bond with Aria because she's scared and Aria is the only one in almost the same boat as her hence the tea but if it ends up being revealed she's as vile as we're previously shown, I won't be surprised.

The Spencer vs Mona competition has been a long time coming and I think it was just an instant classic. Andrew is cute and he seems interesting to boot!

Hanna telling off Mona was just spetacular. I get why this has been hard on her, but about time.

I thought her admitting that she tries to pretend to be strong to fit with what she thinks Emily wants was very sweet but also really sad. I don't know that they will ever be on level playing fields. It all seems pretty doomed to fail. Also, I don't remember Maya being all that strong. Even in Season 1 when I liked her she seemed more like a typical boho self-absorbed teen (like Aria).

I think Maya would look strong to someone with Paige's insecurities. She was confident if not downright cocky. Scratch that, she was cocky and she clearly hid a lot from Emily. She never let Emily see the cracks like Paige does. Strangely enough, I have the opposite gut instinct and I think that makes Paige and Emily's relationship stronger.

Edited by brunax5, Jan 16, 2013 @ 3:56 PM.

Cherith

Cherith

Fanatic

Posted Jan 16, 2013 @ 4:06 PM

I think Maya would look strong to someone with Paige's insecurities. She was confident if not downright cocky. Scratch that, she was cocky and she clearly hid a lot from Emily. She never let Emily see the cracks like Paige does. Strangely enough, I have the opposite gut instinct and I think that makes Paige and Emily's relationship stronger.

I can see that. I mean I don't think Maya was a coward but I think she was just a normal teenager who mostly just cared about what immediately impacted her (which is normal and healthy). Paige seems to take the whole world on her shoulders and then keeps crumbling under the pressure. Not different strengths just different mental burdens.

I just think that if Paige is always coming at this thing from a place where she isn't good enough, as herself, to ever be with someone like Emily then this isn't going to work. I like Paige/Emily more than anyother Emily couple. But it doesn't feel solid to me.

It made me see how far they've come-- how self-aware and strong they've become. That was cool!

I would say sometimes strong other times just walking around in a constant state of shock.

Edited by Cherith, Jan 16, 2013 @ 4:14 PM.

brunax5

brunax5

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 16, 2013 @ 4:17 PM

I just think that if Paige is always coming at this thing from a place where she isn't good enough, as herself, to ever be with someone like Emily then this isn't going to work. I like Paige/Emily more than anyother Emily couple. But it doesn't feel solid to me.

I get what you're saying. Ironically enough, I think Emily is the one who's getting most out of this relationship because she's getting to be the strong one for a change. But yeah, if Paige continues to put herself in an inferior place than this is indeed doomed, but only if TPTB want it so. They could easily do an arc where Paige growns more empowered much like the liars have. I thought Emily did a good thing by suggesting therapy.

Also, there's a part of me that can't help but see Hannily endgame hints from time to time so unless the writers want to go that route, I personally don't see the point of ending Pemily just so they can take a gamble with another love interest.

I would say sometimes strong other times just walking around in a constant state of shock.

lol I wouldn't disagree! A lot of the time, they seem like soldiers in a warzone to me. It's the only thing that explains Emily's lack of reaction to killing a dude. And it almost works for me, tbh.

Edited by brunax5, Jan 16, 2013 @ 4:20 PM.

sbell7

sbell7

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 16, 2013 @ 4:19 PM

And while I'm on the crack-theory-train, A+ is Ezra, because Alison killed his (not yet mentioned) sister - the girl who 'fell' down the stairs at the flash back party - and want to punish the girls for being part of that. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it - at least till next week ;)

I'll join you on the "crack-theory-train" with Ezra as A+. What if instead of the girl at the party being Ezra's sister she was the real Jackie Molina and the Jackie Molina we know is really her sister and she is in on this with Ezra to get back at Alison for killing her sister/his fiance and also punish the girls. And then we find out Ezra is also a half-Hastings.

Anyways, I'm still not clear why Toby slashed Paige's tire. Or what the meaning of the A-Tag was. Was Toby (I am going to assume it was him) just trying to hide those masks?

And poor pretty pretty Lucas. Assuming he was telling the truth. I don't think being home schooled will help you escape crazy Mona. I hope we at some point find out who and why Mona is so "protected."

Cherith

Cherith

Fanatic

Posted Jan 16, 2013 @ 4:25 PM

Ironically enough, I think Emily is the one who's getting most out of this relationship because she's getting to be the strong one for a change. But yeah, if Paige continues to put herself in an inferior place than this is indeed doomed, but only if TPTB want it so. They could easily do an arc where Paige growns more empowered much like the liars have. I thought Emily did a good thing by suggesting therapy.

Oh there isn't a freaking doubt in my mind Emily gets more out of this. It satisfies every need she has in a relationship. Crazy-town? Check. But still there to hold her and comfort her? Check. Lets her be the strong one, which is important to her this season? Check. But still there to try to rescue her? Check. I mean she gets a crazy girlfriend (which she feeds off of she was never as invested in Maya until Maya lost it) but also someone who will be around for her. But I don't think either of them see it that way.

On practical terms, Lindsey Shaw works a lot. All of the writers go out of their way to praise her and I am sure they genuinely like her but I am not sure how availble she is on the regular.

If she gets another love interest I hope she is a girl. And hot.

Also, there's a part of me that can't help but see Hannily endgame hints from time to time so unless the writers want to go that route

Hanna and Emily seem too much like sisters to me. Great chemistry but very family like (which I guess works for this show). Spencer and Emily? Yes, please! Spencer is totally Em's type, too! Crazy, intense, pretty.

Anyways, I'm still not clear why Toby slashed Paige's tire.

I believe the As just want Paige out of the picture. She is losing it and so targeting her a bit is a good plan. Thye just want her to break up with Emily or have her parents force a break up. I don't think he set out that day to slash her tire but just to do something to unnerve her and this oppurtonity presented itself (and you can see he almost got caught because it was off the cuff).

Emily having a girlfriend who is going to say "fuck it we are going to the cops" if things get too bad isn't going to help A. Hanna has Caleb in the know. And they hate that (and tried to stop it) but with Caleb he will never suggest going to the cops or a parent. Because he hates authority. At some point, Paige will.

Edited by Cherith, Jan 16, 2013 @ 4:34 PM.

Houddy

Houddy

Stalker

Posted Jan 16, 2013 @ 4:36 PM

Re: the A tag. They very specifically had those train sounds in the background so I think it was more of a planting evidence thing than a hiding the masks thing. If A wanted to hid the masks he would have done a better job burying them and also would have buried them away from the train tracks Why and who A would be trying to frame, and how exactly remain to be seen.

Have they mentioned where Ashley has gone to? Her absence worries me.

Aria needs to get out of that damned house Her father is terrifying. Between the Halloween candy talk ando his shutting her bedroom door in her face, I just don't think Aria is safe there anymore

Featherhat

Featherhat

Fanatic

Posted Jan 16, 2013 @ 4:48 PM

lol I wouldn't disagree! A lot of the time, they seem like soldiers in a warzone to me. It's the only thing that explains Emily's lack of reaction to killing a dude. And it almost works for me, tbh.

Yeah I think that's what Emily was getting at. They've been under attack for so long they basically are in a warzone and she doesn't even think about little things like chasing the creepster in the bushes anymore. If A Team has to have the equipment and budget of an entire intelligence agency then the girls are a small special forces team by now.

Re: the A tag. They very specifically had those train sounds in the background so I think it was more of a planting evidence thing than a hiding the masks thing. If A wanted to hid the masks he would have done a better job burying them and also would have buried them away from the train tracks Why and who A would be trying to frame, and how exactly remain to be seen.

Have they mentioned where Ashley has gone to? Her absence worries me.

Aria needs to get out of that damned house Her father is terrifying. Between the Halloween candy talk ando his shutting her bedroom door in her face, I just don't think Aria is safe there anymore

I seriously don't get why she was ever staying their in the first place. OK I know it was the family home but she's never been on great terms with Byron since the divorce and she and Ella completely get each other. I know they probably don't want to build Ella's apartment but they could have had her be the one to get the house.

If she gets another love interest I hope she is a girl. And hot.

I don't see why it wouldn't be a girl. Cousin Nate momentary WTF notwithstanding (explained as "you were thinking about Maya") unlike the books show Emily has been portrayed as gay not bisexual. It would be the PLL equivalent of making a character gay in season 4 or 5 because you can't think of anything else to do.

Cherith

Cherith

Fanatic

Posted Jan 16, 2013 @ 4:56 PM

It would be the PLL equivalent of making a character gay in season 4 or 5 because you can't think of anything else to do

Oh, sure, I agree. I just don't think PLL is above those kinds of jump the shark moments.

I really don't care if Emily is gay or bi that much except I like to see lesbian storylines. Like it isn't a political thing for me. I think the show handled both Emily and Paige's coming out very well and they deserve GLAAD awards far more than Glee (but they were snubbed). But if Em dated a guy I wouldn't be offended just selfishly miffed.

Edited by Cherith, Jan 16, 2013 @ 4:57 PM.

Crim

Crim

Fanatic

Posted Jan 16, 2013 @ 5:16 PM

While Meredith was suspicious as all Hell, and I agree with the poster that wondered why she got scared now, because none of the information is new to her, I think there might be an explanation for that. Maybe Byron said he never met Alison, that she didn't show up, whatever, but now she sees proof of him stealing things from his own daughter to cover his tracks. Then there is the fact that she got blown up and she doesn't know exactly why. Maybe Byron has been more on edge lately; his creepiness seems to come out when he is worried/cornered.

The tea thing was so obvious (what with Aria stating she felt sick as she held the cup) that it might be a red herring. Plus, the only agenda I can see Meredith having is if she is not working with Byron (why would she return the pages? she could have just said she saw Byron looting stuff and then the bit about That Night, and Aria would have been hooked line and sinker), but with the A-Team. She could have been the adult that was looking for houses to rent.

Re: the A tag. They very specifically had those train sounds in the background so I think it was more of a planting evidence thing than a hiding the masks thing.

I wonder if Mona and Toby - and possibly Meredith - are trying to frame Byron. In the A-tag, there was no point for Mona to be in the hall way, as opposed to outside the building in a car, if she meant to follow Byron. I think she plans to go inside and take something to plant while Toby plants the masks. It would be weird though, framing Byron as part of the A-team... as if he were working with Mona? Would Mona expect the Liars to believe that?

Second option, Lucas. Mona knows Lucas flipped, knows Spencer is now aware of Lucas having done some things (and Lucas did do something on the train - Jenna saw his camera left on a table or something), this might be her counter-move. Hanna might believe Lucas if he said he wasn't one of the masked people, but he would still be Spencer's next A-of-the-month.

Re: Lucas being out at night in the A!hoodie while he knew he was in danger. I could see that happening if he was trying to "find something", like in the janitor's room (Why didn't Hanna ask more questions about that though? WTF?) But I think he is lying about the time when he stopped doing things for Mona. I think he was the A who sabotaged the kid's bike; I doubt Mona or Toby would have flinched like that when the kid fell.

The quote on the blackboard was a nice touch, and so was the final question on the quiz being the question we saw Spencer answer when she was with Toby.

My Way

My Way

Stalker

Posted Jan 16, 2013 @ 5:16 PM

I think the show handled both Emily and Paige's coming out very well and they deserve GLAAD awards far more than Glee (but they were snubbed).

Yeah, I like how the show has treated these relationships so much better than Glee...aside from Paige's crazy ass dad for two seconds is pretty much like everyone else's. It was scary for Emily at first (and Paige) but the other characters are just like, ok. Sounds good. Even A is kind of ho hum about the whole thing.

I don't necessarily want them to break up Emily and Paige (although I wouldn't mind Samara coming back) but Paige is not going to be helped in getting back to normal by hanging out with Emily and her necklaces of teeth and running around in the woods for fun lifestyle.

The tea thing was so obvious (what with Aria stating she felt sick as she held the cup) that it might be a red herring.

I thought nothing of Meredith making tea until I heard it was her own very special herbal concoction...who does that? I wouldn't drink that even under normal circumstances. Just give me a regular tea bag that comes pre packaged, please.

Edited by My Way, Jan 16, 2013 @ 5:18 PM.

Houddy

Houddy

Stalker

Posted Jan 16, 2013 @ 5:38 PM

The thing with the tea being poisoned though, unless I am loosing it, Aria mentioned at leastone time before the tea that she wansn't feeling well. So if she is being poisoned it is not by Meredith...or at least not only by Meredith, though I could beleive that she and Byron are working together to poison her. I wouldn't put anything past Byron at this point. Otherwise it could be flu which Aria mistakes for a pregnancy scare..which finally makes.her.do something about Ezra's other kid.

blackbird325

blackbird325

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 16, 2013 @ 6:07 PM

Yea, I was under the impression that Aria was sick, and Meredith was giving her something for it.

Also, because it appears she is sick, I don't think she's pregnant. (She had a temperature)

My guess is it's just how Aria is going to see Alison.

ardentshine

ardentshine

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 16, 2013 @ 10:36 PM

I think that’s likely but it was also funny that all the girls sided against Spencer.

Spencer's the kind of person that I couldn't help but to love and adore while simultaneously hate her for being smarter and lovelier and crazier than I could ever be. When those girls raised their hands, I was all, "Heh, of course."

I'm gonna guess that half the team bought Lucas's test answers which Mona used to blackmail them for votes.

But this makes sense. I hope Mona was wearing pearls to complement her new good girl wardrobe because she's just the type to clutch her pearls and make vote-grabbing perfectly, subtly threatening.

Nice to see that the girls still haven’t learned from getting files erased off their computers, twice. Have you ever heard of a photocopier Aria? Or a scanner? Make some backups of the incriminating diary pages, stat!

At the very least, she could have taken some artsy B&Ws of the pages set against some faded rose petals and torn lace.

I think my favorite part of this episode was Mona offering Hanna a cupcake. Bitch, that was cold.