Pretty Little Liars

• Please log in to reply

19184 replies to this topic

TWoP Pembleton

TWoP Pembleton

TWoP Moderator

Posted Mar 19, 2014 @ 8:29 PM

Just a quick note because it seems to be an ongoing problem with this thread and I'd rather just post once and address it instead of giving out warnings here and there:

Please spell out curse words. Don't use asterisks to mask them. Everyone knows what word you mean. If you're grown up enough to post here, you're grown up enough to read the word fuck. PM me if you have questions.

gotta love it

gotta love it

Fanatic

Posted Feb 29, 2012 @ 1:42 PM

I think Spencer would have been the better choice for who got to lie to Ashley, but it could have been worse. It could have been Emily, who has morals and wouldn't be able to lie to the woman housing her.

morakot

morakot

Fanatic

Posted Feb 29, 2012 @ 2:08 PM

Good point about Ella referring to last year as in autumn and not as one-year-ago. I'm glad I wasn't the only one bugged by that, because it has definitely only been a few months.

Did anyone catch the date on A's newspaper?

I've decided that Ian is really not dead and is A. (It makes as much sense as anything else!)

DigiKing

DigiKing

Fanatic

Posted Feb 29, 2012 @ 2:27 PM

Zombie A for the win.

Like Jacob, I also caught the Hanna-Mona = Aria-Ali thing in this episode. As soon as Hanna and Mona came out of the store I was waiting for them to catch Ashley in the car. The best part is that Darren and Ashley were in a sexual relationship, similarly to Byron and Meredith.

Also, what was with Mona's expression when Hanna asked about any more A messages? I guess it was because of the apple and she was obviously lying? The thing is, it was pretty subtle, so we know that not only is Mona good at lying, she was lying about being bad at lying based on this episode alone. (BTW, lol at Spencer's face after Mona says that)

Mona Vanderwaal is A. I can't see this going any other way. It's at the point where, when someone else is revealed as A in the finale, I'm gonna need this to be a two-hour finale where the writers spend the second hour explaining all the shadiness surrounding that girl and all the moments where she was CLEARLY A.

The Hastings family is screwed up beyond belief. And when it's revealed that Veronica killed Ali, I'll be sad, but not surprised. Of course, then the question becomes why she didn't kill Jason, but it could be because at the time he was so high it gave him superpowers.

EDIT: Are we to assume that the call from "Maya" was actually A fitzing with Emily?

Edited by DigiKing, Feb 29, 2012 @ 2:31 PM.

Jack Shaftoe

Jack Shaftoe

Fanatic

Posted Feb 29, 2012 @ 5:01 PM

I thought Melissa's story was reasonably believable. She didn't sign the messages because she assumed the sender was obvious. Plausibility aside, had Melissa wanted to simply go for the "I didn't do it, you don't know that it's me." deniability, why sign them with "A" instead of just leaving the messages not signed? Unless Melissa thought signing with A could have pointed the blame at someone else - but who? (*) So I believed her - assuming she hadn't lied about the content of the messages and they weren't about Ian so there was no way for Ali to be certain it was Melissa.

It's not that I find it strange that Melissa didn't sign the texts, it's more of a question why Alison would think the texts from Melissa and the texts from A were sent by the same person. Signature aside, Melissa, like all the other Hastings, isn't exactly subtle. I can't imagine Alison not figuring out who sent the "stay away from Ian!" messages. Melissa even said that Alison must have known who sent those texts.

blackbird325

blackbird325

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 29, 2012 @ 8:46 PM

Well, it was probably pretty safe to assume you aren't getting violent messages being sent by two different anonymous people. And getting a blocked number to hide it is a little extreme, even if it was "harassing, stay away from Ian" messages.

I know a lot of clues are pointing to Mona right now, I just really hope its not her.

deadlikegeorge

deadlikegeorge

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 29, 2012 @ 10:35 PM

Sneak peak 6 for episode 23-
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=lD5I8B2zfRQ

I would just like to say When everyone was speculating about what Maya and Jason were talking about, I completely called it by pointing out Maya said she found some of Ali's stuff and probably wanted to give it to Jason. That is exactly the kind of stupid suspicious red herring thing this show does, only for it to be a really boring explanation.

rhythmmm

rhythmmm

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 29, 2012 @ 11:02 PM

Good episode, but I still miss the PLL boy eye candy brigade of Toby and Caleb. Fitz just doesn't do it for me.

As addressed by other posters, a father-daughter dance in Rosewood had me expecting all shades of creepy. Other than the dress selections and the slow dancing, It wasn't as strange as I had thought. There were some nice moments(other than Hanna's father douching out and Aria assing out at Byron).

My favorite part of the episode was the Ashley/Ella team-up. I'm glad that the writers are addressing that the parents find something amiss. It would just be too unrealistic otherwise. Plus it will be fun to see those two awesome actresses get in on the action. Ashley is one of the most interesting non teenage girl characters on the show. I'm glad they are doing more with her. Her and Hanna have by far the best parent/daughter relationship on the show.

Aria was tolerable in this episode since there was minimal Fitz. I actually love this actress every other moment except for when she is whining about their cardboard romance. I felt like Mikey spoke for TWOP viewers in asking her the relationship was more trouble than it was worth. BTW- Mike is setting off my gaydar more and more these days.

I could watch Spencer drinking a 7/11 Slurpee and be entertained. I loved that she went straight to her father with those Hanna pictures rather than perseverating on them for 3 episodes. That was totally in character. I also had to chuckle when the police showed up, Peter sent her upstairs rather than risk a Spencer/ Rosewood PD interaction. Speaking of the Rosewood PD, they seem to have more corruption than The Wire.

I love Emily's father. Definitely the coolest dad. I guess shipping him out of Rosewood makes sense as other than Ashley he is the most competent parent. I get the sense that if he knew what was happening he would shut it down fast.

Can't wait until next week! 2 more weeks until we find out who A is??

brunax5

brunax5

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 29, 2012 @ 11:05 PM

Just saw a video of Lucy Hale talking about Ezria on an upcoming episode. She's so sweet and earnest, for a moment I actually felt bad about hating this couple as much as I do when clearly she genuinely loves it. Then the moment passed and I was left filled with dread because all my hopes of someday being rid of Ezria were shot through the window...on another note, couldn't they return Aria, and just use Lucy Hale playing herself on the show?

Edited by brunax5, Feb 29, 2012 @ 11:08 PM.

kimberlymich

kimberlymich

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 29, 2012 @ 11:43 PM

Mona Vanderwaal is A.

i'm thinking this too-- because back to the episode with anne the therapist - remember she knew who A was b/c of a previous therapy session? it has to be someone who goes to their school ..

ElleTell00

ElleTell00

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 29, 2012 @ 11:57 PM

If Ezra isn't A I am going to be pissed. I've read a lot of theories on why Ezra is A tonight (I have a cold okay), and now I am thoroughly convinced. No other character being A will satisfy me now.

So there has been rumors that Ezra and Aria finally sleep together by the end of the season. If this is true I can see it totally playing out with them having sex, he goes to take a shower and she gets up to barrow a shirt and finds A's phone (or something less obvious). It would be totally tragic for her. Since Aria is the only one who hasn't really been personally hurt by A (ran over, drugged, framed for murder) this could be the sick thing that A/Ezra does.

There are a million theories on what Ezra motives could be, but I think he could have been involved with NAT. Didn't Garrett show up at Ezra's apartment at the end of season one? Ezra said it had something to do with Spencer, but now I'm not so sure. Plus he has been shown with Jenna in the past. Ezra also showed up at Alison's funeral, which was completely strange.

I think Ezra being A is the only character that would be truly shocking. Mona? A from the book is the same A from the show. Jenna? The person they thought was A is A? Oh. Melissa? Crazy Nanny Carrie is crazy... I guess that's why they hired her. Boring.

I guess it would be okay if it turns out A is Alison's crazy twin though. But that means more of Ezria and their tru wuv story, damn.

Crim

Crim

Fanatic

Posted Mar 1, 2012 @ 7:37 AM

It's not that I find it strange that Melissa didn't sign the texts, it's more of a question why Alison would think the texts from Melissa and the texts from A were sent by the same person.

We have no indication that she did think this. If she was getting messages from 2 people and knew one was Melissa, she was still motivated to track down the other one. In fact, maybe the reason she didn't pay the guy was that she realized the address was Melissa's, which was a dead end for her, and the second info was pretty vague. I keep thinking about TPTB saying that A is not who it was in the books and wonder if it means that there is a different A as Ali's A (Jenna? She was suspicious as the new girl in the flashbacks, plus Jenna as a new comer is a change the show made for some reason.), even if everything else is pretty much the same.

Alternatively, Ali could indeed have believed the texts were sent by the same person because she, unlike Melissa, knew she had a stalker. Maybe she got anonymous hate texts/mails from various other people too (Lucas, Mona, Jenna?). She could have believed these texts were still A taunting/confuzzling her, like the Liars later falsely attributed some actions to A. But Melissa had no way of knowing that, so her reasoning still makes sense.

Mona Vanderwaal is A.

She'd better be after they built her up this much. It was ok when they were throwing hints, but this is way over the top for misdirection.

If they reveal Ezra as A they will not only break Ezra and Aria up in a messy, horrible way but pretty much negate all the twu wuv aspect of it, which would alienate the tween Ezzria audience. Or TPTB can keep Ezzria and play "Ezra was A!" off as no big deal in the light of the epic love, which will... kill the show, really. I mean how does the show move on from that?

[Lucy Hale]'s so sweet and earnest, for a moment I actually felt bad about hating this couple as much as I do when clearly she genuinely loves it. Then the moment passed and I was left filled with dread because all my hopes of someday being rid of Ezria were shot through the window...

She is an actress doing an official interview. What could she do/say? lol. See also Lea Michele doing Glee interviews with full showface on. I also don't think that Ezzria will go away, at least not until a popular love interest is introduced (Holden doesn't seem to be it, tho I guess TPTB might milk the doomed love angle with his "I'm fine, I just could fall dead at any moment" disease.) for the tweens to latch onto as they are weened off Ezzria.

Sneak Peek 1: LOL at Toby's actor trying to keep up with Troian.

Edited by Crim, Mar 1, 2012 @ 8:00 AM.

Alkja

Alkja

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 1, 2012 @ 8:01 AM

OMG. Sneak Peak 3: what the hell is Hanna wearing?!

Sneak Peak 1: I'm so going to hell for this, but I'm very intrigued by Jenna apparently pulling Toby back into her orbit. It's wrong and screwed up, but Toby is rarely as interesting as when he's interacting with her. He's cute with Spencer, but with Jenna - and I'm not going to a shipping place here - there are just so many layers... it's like a chinese box of fucked-upness. Not to mention the infinite possible angles: has she gotten to him again? Terrified and/or blackmailed him? Is he playing her in the hope of getting some leverage? Has he gotten a bad case of Stockholm Syndrome?

Man, I can't wait for this ep.

Edited by Alkja, Mar 1, 2012 @ 8:21 AM.

Sakura12

Sakura12

Fanatic

Posted Mar 1, 2012 @ 9:17 AM

Ezra won't be A because I Marlene King loves them way too much and she won't piss of the Ezaria fans. So we will be stuck with Ezaria until the end of time, they will out survive cockaroaches during the apocalypse.

Jenna and Toby are definitely the most interesting pairing on this show. Keegan's stilted acting works when he's with Jenna. And I'm still hoping that their relationship wasn't as one sided as Toby led everyone to believe.

The most recent sneak peak has the girls watching as Toby and Jenna are talking to the police (that aren't Wilden or Garrett, so big shocker there). So I wonder what that's about. Maybe about someone trying to blow up Jenna again?

It would be kind of awesome if we meet the PI Peter Hastings hired and she's played by Kristen Bell. They already mentioned Veronica Mars and A is basically a psychopathic version of Gossip Girl.

Scrapper

Scrapper

Fanatic

Posted Mar 1, 2012 @ 11:21 AM

I think Garrett get's suspended or fired in the next two episodes. I also assume they were talking about explosion. That was such a Desperate Housewives scene it made me crack up. I was like uhh if Hanna ran into the house why is SHE not talking to police? Unless they told Hanna and Spencer to run.

I like the actor who plays Toby but, yeah he really needs to step-up his game if he's gonna stick around. Look at how much better Shay is and than look at how much better Keegan is..meaning not much.

Edited by Scrapper, Mar 1, 2012 @ 11:23 AM.

Sakura12

Sakura12

Fanatic

Posted Mar 1, 2012 @ 11:30 AM

Which is why that makes me think its about something else. Like they found their invisable parents murdered in the basement. lol If the house blew up with Jenna and Hanna inside wouldn't they be at at the hospital?

Edited by Sakura12, Mar 1, 2012 @ 12:06 PM.

Cherith

Cherith

Fanatic

Posted Mar 1, 2012 @ 12:41 PM

I like the actor who plays Toby but, yeah he really needs to step-up his game if he's gonna stick around. Look at how much better Shay is and than look at how much better Keegan is..meaning not much.

I feel like he has gotten worse. I logically understand that it is because he has most of his scenes with a stronger actor and has more screen time rather than just being cool and mysterious. But I can't stand him anymore and I used to like him.

I think Shay Mitchell has noticably improved.

mac123x

mac123x

Fanatic

Posted Mar 1, 2012 @ 1:17 PM

It's not that I find it strange that Melissa didn't sign the texts, it's more of a question why Alison would think the texts from Melissa and the texts from A were sent by the same person.

We don’t really know that Alison thought that the texts were from the same person. When she was in her Vivian disguise, she probably gave as little info to Jonah as she thought was necessary to for him to do a trace. It might have gone something like this:

1. Ali gets texts from A (signed) and from Melissa (unsigned).
2. As Vivian, she tell Jonah that her friend Alison is getting harassing texts (no context though) and gets him to find out who is sending them.
3. Jonah gives her the address of the law-firm.
4. Ali realizes those are the Melissa texts (which she doesn’t really care about) and gets him to keep digging.
5. Jonah finds the doll-hospital address, and (maybe) passes it to Alison, though we don’t know for sure.
6. Ali dies, without paying Jonah
7. A year later, Jonah sells the info to Aria and Spencer. Since he’s feeling burned, he gives them the useless law-firm address.
8. (This stretches credibility) After feeling some remorse for misleading the PLL’s, Jonah comes clean with the important address of the doll hospital.

taanja

taanja

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 1, 2012 @ 1:27 PM

Hanna: I can't live without a phone what if I have an emergency?
Ash: If there is an emergency I'm sure Emily will let you use HER phone.
Emily: Of course Mrs. Marin. (Sheepish)
(Hanna shoots her dirty look)
Hanna: But, Emily only has one class with me.
Ash (rolls eyes):Your not getting a new phone till you start telling me what's going on. I'll see you BOTH at dinner.

Hanna looks edgy Emily looks guilty and scene. lol

LOL! ;-)
I like it. Don't get me wrong. But you don't have/or have had teenage daughters? because you think Ashley has a hard time keeping track of what Hanna does and where she is now? Believe me even if the little brat broke her phone on purpose you---as a parent---you get them another---maybe with some sort of tracking device and maybe down-grade ---in a vain attempt to try to keep track of the little darling. You can't count on your child's friends having a phone.

brunax5

brunax5

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 1, 2012 @ 1:29 PM

I feel like he has gotten worse. I logically understand that it is because he has most of his scenes with a stronger actor and has more screen time rather than just being cool and mysterious. But I can't stand him anymore and I used to like him.

This! I really liked season 1 Toby and Spoby, but season 2 has made me slowly but surely grow to dislike him and this pairing. Where before he seemed interesting, sort of creepy and possibly dangerous, now he's just this boring tortured boy and I'm more than ready for Spencer to move on from him. I understood their inicial connection because she was being framed and he had been framed as well, and the fact that he helped balance out Spencer's crazy was sweet for a while, but they just seem to have become this really generic couple on season 2.

I really like his interactions with Jenna and I briefly shipped them in season 1 (yep, going straight to hell), so hopefully he won't be as bad during this episode.

T Scrumptious

T Scrumptious

Fanatic

Posted Mar 1, 2012 @ 1:42 PM

Believe me even if the little brat broke her phone on purpose you---as a parent---you get them another---maybe with some sort of tracking device and maybe down-grade ---in a vain attempt to try to keep track of the little darling

HEE! I think it's funny that phones are considered a necessity when only a decade ago it wasn't the norm.

How many episodes left until we find out who [fake] A is? I still think they'll give us an A only to take it back in the first episode of next season.

Sakura12

Sakura12

Fanatic

Posted Mar 1, 2012 @ 1:54 PM

I really like his interactions with Jenna and I briefly shipped them in season 1 (yep, going straight to hell), so hopefully he won't be as bad during this episode.

I didn't ship them but I wanted their relationship to be less one-sided. Like it's something they were both into, Toby saying "we shouldn't" and Jenna saying she'll tell their parents, turns them on. Because they are into creepy stepsest kink like that. lol With that I'm also going with the girls only received half the video so it would make Jenna look bad. But the rest shows Toby really into it.

Then Toby wanted to stop, Jenna didn't, but having to live together makes the break up much more difficult. And that's why they are always so hostile towards each other. Or anything like that would make Toby more interesting then he is currently.

Edited by Sakura12, Mar 1, 2012 @ 3:11 PM.

Jack Shaftoe

Jack Shaftoe

Fanatic

Posted Mar 1, 2012 @ 3:56 PM

This! I really liked season 1 Toby and Spoby, but season 2 has made me slowly but surely grow to dislike him and this pairing. Where before he seemed interesting, sort of creepy and possibly dangerous, now he's just this boring tortured boy and I'm more than ready for Spencer to move on from him. I understood their inicial connection because she was being framed and he had been framed as well, and the fact that he helped balance out Spencer's crazy was sweet for a while, but they just seem to have become this really generic couple on season 2.

Personally I really don't need Toby (or whoever else Spencer decides to date) to be dangerous, mysterious or dramatic. Spencer is dramatic and intense enough for the two of them, as long as Toby is balancing her crazy impulses and makes her happy that's good enough for me. There are already like a hundred other characters in the show who are mysterious and dangerous.

She'd better be after they built her up this much. It was ok when they were throwing hints, but this is way over the top for misdirection.

I don't know, they have already dedicated a huge amount of screen time to misdirections - Lucas is A! No, Jason is A! No, Noel Khan is A! Toby killed Alison! Jenna is A! And so on. What makes Mona so different?

brunax5

brunax5

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 1, 2012 @ 4:01 PM

I didn't ship them but I wanted their relationship to be less one-sided. Like it's something they were both into, Toby saying "we shouldn't" and Jenna saying she'll tell their parents, turns them on. Because they are into creepy stepsest kink like that. lol With that I'm also going with the girls only received half the video so it would make Jenna look bad. But the rest shows Toby really into it.

Then Toby wanted to stop, Jenna didn't, but having to live together makes the break up much more difficult. And that's why they are always so hostile towards each other. Or anything like that would make Toby more interesting then he is currently.

I'd love to watch something like that!

Cherith

Cherith

Fanatic

Posted Mar 1, 2012 @ 4:19 PM

Personally I really don't need Toby (or whoever else Spencer decides to date) to be dangerous, mysterious or dramatic. Spencer is dramatic and intense enough for the two of them, as long as Toby is balancing her crazy impulses and makes her happy that's good enough for me. There are already like a hundred other characters in the show who are mysterious and dangerous.

The problem is that when Toby isn't quiet and mysterious he is a wooden actor and a fucking terrible character. So, I can't ship them. If it was someone like Alex from Season 1 I would agree.

Edited by Cherith, Mar 1, 2012 @ 4:19 PM.

Sakura12

Sakura12

Fanatic

Posted Mar 1, 2012 @ 5:13 PM

I'd love to watch something like that!

And that could explain the weird acting choices the actor who plays Toby chooses when it's about Jenna. He looked almost jealous when he saw Jenna and Garrett or when he talked about them. Yes it could be he's just that terrible at acting but it would make it much more interesting if they actually dated and broke up. Spencer and Jenna are practically different sides of the same coin. So Toby has a type.

Sporkette

Sporkette

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 2, 2012 @ 4:52 AM

Please don't die, Papa Fields! Or Mama Marin!

Also, if Ezra is A, I will officially declare this my favorite show of all time.

peachmangosteen

peachmangosteen

Stalker

Posted Mar 2, 2012 @ 10:48 AM

If Ezra isn't A I am going to be pissed.

IKR! I have created such an amazing show in my head around Ezra being revealed as A. It's beautiful. I WANT IT SO BAD!

mac123x

mac123x

Fanatic

Posted Mar 2, 2012 @ 11:52 AM

I’m trying to reconcile the “Ezra is A” theory with all the A-tags. Was he still a teacher at Rosewood High when the dance happened and Ella handed A a jacket from the coat-check room?

The other A-tag that seems out of place is when A met Therapy-Anne at the diner and the waitress said, “hi, pretty eyes” because, no. If she’d said “beady eyes” or “ferret face” I could buy it.

Plus, the meta-reason, that the producers won’t screw up the Epic Romance, because it’s Epic! And Romantic! It’s Romantically Epic! [vomit a little in my mouth]

taanja

taanja

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 2, 2012 @ 1:34 PM

The other A-tag that seems out of place is when A met Therapy-Anne at the diner and the waitress said, “hi, pretty eyes” because, no. If she’d said “beady eyes” or “ferret face” I could buy it.

Disagree! That little Ian Harding is adorable! No beady eyes. No ferret face. I would reserve those statements to the man who plays Toby. IMO.
Ezra as A would be epic! because then his character becomes immensely more interesting. Again just my opinion ;-)

T Scrumptious

T Scrumptious

Fanatic

Posted Mar 2, 2012 @ 3:39 PM

I don't want Ezra to be A for the sole reason that I hate the character and want him to go away. If he's A, then he gets to be important. Also, A is kind of awesome (in a psychotic kind of way) and Ezra just sucks the big one. He sucks it so hard (and yet so badly) and I hate him so much that I don't want him to be important or interesting. I just want him to move to whereveritwas and never come back.