Pretty Little Liars

• Please log in to reply

19186 replies to this topic

TWoP Pembleton

TWoP Pembleton

TWoP Moderator

Posted Mar 19, 2014 @ 8:29 PM

Just a quick note because it seems to be an ongoing problem with this thread and I'd rather just post once and address it instead of giving out warnings here and there:

Please spell out curse words. Don't use asterisks to mask them. Everyone knows what word you mean. If you're grown up enough to post here, you're grown up enough to read the word fuck. PM me if you have questions.

Maxbird

Maxbird

Fanatic

Posted Feb 20, 2012 @ 10:28 PM

Did I miss something? Are we speculating Maya's dead because her phone is cut off?

I love DrunkSpencer and Wren - that said, isn't Wren ever older than the rest of the pedos? I is he done with med school which would make him way into his 20's?

I can't even speculate about Melissa and Creepy Garrett - other than they were obviously in the mud together back in the day.

Interesting comment above that Mona may be blackmailing herself to avoid suspicion. It hadn't occurred to me, although Mona does appear to be somewhat sketchy and certainly has reasons to hate Ali (everyone does) and resent the Liars, even having made peace with them. I do agree that A has obviously been blackmailing all sorts of people other than our girls - I'm certain when Mike was acting so strange it was at his/her/its bequest.

Poor Hanna - A seems to be in overdrive with her, the girl never gets a break, nor does Ashley.

Completely on board about Ezzzria. I think Lucy Hale is acting the hell out of this silly mess, but it's just so dopey and boring on so many levels. Ezra is a boring little nothing but educated and old enough he should have no interest in Aria other than physical or patronly. I guess the same could be said for Wren and Spencer though, despite Spencer's awesomeness.

I'm happy to see Paige back. But Paige, you don't mack on a person who is broken hearted about a relationship - it just never ends well.

Danie84

Danie84

Fanatic

Posted Feb 20, 2012 @ 10:29 PM

Mona deserved a razzie for that performance. I didn't believe one word or action from her. Since I'm sticking with Mya as a A, I believe Mona's motive is that she wants to sit at the PLL table and be part of the crew.

Am I dead wrong to wish Wren wasn't a gentleman and took advantage of drunk Spence advances.

Ella's new age of parenting suck. I don't care how loud a teen girl is sobbing; no mother should be willing to sit down, and listen out to said teen girl older teacher explain their relationship.

kariyaki

kariyaki

Stalker

Posted Feb 20, 2012 @ 10:53 PM

When Wren was discussing his flaws, the first thought in my head was that his biggest one at the moment was having an underage drunk girl in his apartment. And as much as I love Spencer and Toby as a couple, I reeeeeeeally wanted her to bang Wren. Damn Troian, the woman could have chemistry with a pair of socks. Drunk Spencer was so awesome. More!

I also laughed at Hanna and the gate. See? Sometimes she's smart!

Nightmare Logic

Nightmare Logic

Fanatic

Posted Feb 20, 2012 @ 11:01 PM

When Wren was discussing his flaws, the first thought in my head was that his biggest one at the moment was having an underage drunk girl in his apartment

Well technically dating underage girls isn't a flaw on this show...its a perk.

MartinisNShoes

MartinisNShoes

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 20, 2012 @ 11:04 PM

Spencer/Wren were made of awesome tonight. Troian/Spencer was pretty hot in those scenes, my girl crush was in full effect. I like Toby but I can't help but love Wren too. I loved him using his British words for drunk and not going any further because she was drunk. I know he's Ezra's age but as far as men in their 20's dating teenagers at least these two have chem and are interesting, something Ezria know nothing about.

Lucy did well with the Ezria stuff but my gawd these two get more boring and annoying as time goes on. Aria was pretty irritating and unbearable tonight. That scene in Spencer's room reminded me a lot of the scene in Hanna's hospital room, right down to the "I wanted to tell you guys but I couldn't stuff." Here's a crazy idea, if you have to keep lying to everyone about who you're dating maybe you shouldn't be dating them.

Paige. Ugh. Shut up and take your annoying, boring, manly self back to wherever the hell you came from and never return. She sucks. I don't get why they brought her back.

I'm not sure what to make of Mona. I do feel for her cause she has been the odd woman out and basically lost her best friend since the girls reunited. (And I get that they were in the middle of an important convo but the girls were pretty cold and unfriendly with their extremely unenthusiastic hi's when Mona came over and said hi to them at the lockers.) I like her, she's definitely one of the better secondary characters, and I like the actress and her relationship with Hanna. I don't want her to be A but I'm not sure whether or not I believed her tonight. It's like I want to believe her but the ploy is just too good. They'd never suspect her as A now, plus she gets in good with her bestie again and she got to sit at their lunch table which I can easily believe that she's been dying to do.

Melissa being involved with A or NAT or Ali's death would be so twisted and crazy and fantastic!!! *Deep sigh* to Spencer leaving her computer and phone out on the kitchen table when she left. When will these guys learn to keep their cells and laptops under lock and key?

Edited by MartinisNShoes, Feb 20, 2012 @ 11:12 PM.

LaraHazel

LaraHazel

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 20, 2012 @ 11:16 PM

I thought when Hanna was forced to work at the dentist's office something would turn up with dental records, either proving or disproving that the body found was Ali's. It's almost like a teaser from the writers that was later abandoned. My knowledge on corpses is miniscule, however I don't think anyone rotting away in an empty house for a year would be recognizable w/out dental records or DNA or something.

Oo this would have been good. We can't forget the possibility of Ali having a twin and that that could have been the girl that bit the dust. I'm on the side that Ali is still alive.

I think we are due and Maya is connected enough to be interesting and "A" has been targeting Emily pretty heavily as of late so......yeah I can see it. Plus with Paige back yeah...ok. Maya's a goner.

If Maya's dead I don't think it was A that did it. A wouldn't just kill someone unless they were threatening her/him, and Maya wasn't as far as we know. The A-tag right there after the cop does make it seem like A shot Maya but ehh I just don't think that's what happened.

I loved this episode. I was also suspicious that Mona was faking but I hope she's not A I really like her. I thought it was sweet when Hanna told her to come sit with them at lunch. It really brings it back to that time when she came up to their table and Ali said to ignore her. Troian is sooo great so on top of her game that scene where they see Melissa storm into Ali's room on the video (which I was actually screaming)(and then I was gasping all over the place in the last five minutes) and Spencer is lone woman against going to the cops with the video she was so electric.

JessicaLovejoy

JessicaLovejoy

Fanatic

Posted Feb 20, 2012 @ 11:19 PM

Drunk Spencer: Destroying what you thought you knew about your sexual orientation since 2012!

She took me in. She's amazing.

Yes, Emily, Ashley is amazing. Which is why you should thank her. With your body. (I WILL GO DOWN WITH THIS SHIP!)

So Aria wears cheetah print leggings to an evidence gathering mission? Of course she does.

Edited by JessicaLovejoy, Feb 20, 2012 @ 11:20 PM.

Betsyb

Betsyb

Fanatic

Posted Feb 20, 2012 @ 11:30 PM

It is weird to address the Ashley/Wilden thing now. I am glad they are. But the Ashley in the first few episodes of the show is like a completely different person. This Ashley would never have done that. That Ashley did it to save Hanna's reputation not for Hanna, herself. This Ashley would make her swallow her medicine and not care what the kids at school thought. I get that losing their money and the robbery was just a real wake up call as to the priorities of life. But it really is like the actions of a different person.

I loved when Emily said her mom would drive her down and take the mug shot. It is so true but that is why she is also awesome. (Seriously, the moms on this show are pretty great except for Mariska Hargitay and even she has her moments.)

I love Paige. So, that was awesome.

I doubt Maya is dead. I think her parents probably reported her missing because she skipped town to San Francisco without leaving a note.

I was so fucking pissed when Melissa had Spencer follow her and then the show cut to Aria/Ezra. I don't care about Aria/Ezra and I am dying to know what Melissa has to say. I will tolerate Aria/Ezra, normally, but when the show is getting good I just resent it being thrown in there. I hate you show.

And, yes, this is the most boring taboo relationship ever, I agree (I am on an ancient computer and I am having trouble copying and pasting). I honestly don't understand how anyone can like it. He is so damn boring. He does nothing. He made a stand once. Just once. And there was push back and he ran away like a little girl. Aria is the one who makes anything happen in that relationship and now he is staying because Ella said so. He is a weak pathetic little man. Who is attracted to this person? Why is this tame lame relationship where the sixteen year old is the adult and has to take all of the proactive steps attractive to people? I honestly don't get it. I am not anti-taboo. I would cheer Ashley/Emily for sure. I just think they are so boring and he is so weak that I don't get the appeal.

Edited by Betsyb, Feb 20, 2012 @ 11:44 PM.

kariyaki

kariyaki

Stalker

Posted Feb 20, 2012 @ 11:58 PM

I know I shouldn't be surprised that Spencer's parents apparently didn't notice that she stayed out all night and slept til 10:30am in a drunken stupor on some guy's couch. Not surprised, but I still noticed the lack of attention in this department. Emily gets more parental attention and hers live 2000 miles away.

*Deep sigh* to Spencer leaving her computer and phone out on the kitchen table when she left. When will these guys learn to keep their cells and laptops under lock and key?

The hell with that, I'm worried about phoneless Spencer not being able to call for help when Melissa goes psycho on her and shoots her. ...or maybe I'm just projecting Torrey's Vampire Diaries character... I just can't help but think "psycho" when I look at her now, especially now that we know for sure that she's involved in this Ian/Garrett/Jenna NAT mess.

Drunk Spencer: Destroying what you thought you knew about your sexual orientation since 2012!

Love this. It's so so true!

Edited by kariyaki, Feb 20, 2012 @ 11:59 PM.

larapu2000

larapu2000

Fanatic

Posted Feb 21, 2012 @ 12:19 AM

Garrett chomping on M&M's (or whatever he was eating) as he watched Spencer and Aria meet the phone guy-close to rivaling Ian's Milk of Doom.

What was up with the number of stickers on Ezra's windshield? Was there a city sticker, a parking sticker, and a registered pedophile sticker, too? Lucy Hale nailed it during the breakup scene so much that I actually cared a teeny tiny little bitty bit. On the other hand, Ella is too dumb to live, but at least that explains where Aria's birdbrain comes from.

Wren and Spencer were brutally hot. I would have had sex with Spencer, and I'm straight.

Didn't Spencer already suspect Melissa of being associated with Alison's murder a few seasons ago?

I'm not afraid to say it, Detective Wilden is hot. At least he's engaging in creepy sexual behaviors with women his own age.

gotta love it

gotta love it

Fanatic

Posted Feb 21, 2012 @ 12:25 AM

Garrett chomping on M&M's (or whatever he was eating) as he watched Spencer and Aria meet the phone guy-close to rivaling Ian's Milk of Doom.

That creep. I saw him and all I could do was roll my eyes and say, "Oh, Garry."

I definitely ship Spencer and Wren. Can't wait to see more of that yummy Brit.

I love Piper, but I just want her to let Ezra go to New Orleans.

I think Maya's just gonna end up being missing (she did say she wanted to run away). Nice to see Paige back. But Emily's hat can just leave.

And it was nice to see Melissa again. With the evil spawn in her belly. And mystery surrounding her.

I like Mona being included with the girls. I feel really bad for her because Hanna's obviously her only close friend and she's been ditching her. But I'm suspicious of Mona because it feels like she was too honest about her threats from A with Hanna. Maybe because I'm used to the girls hiding everything to do with A (sometimes even from each other).

Can't wait for more! This show is so damn addicting.

DigiKing

DigiKing

Fanatic

Posted Feb 21, 2012 @ 12:46 AM

At least he's engaging in creepy sexual behaviors with women his own age.

Seriously? What is with all these dudes on this show, hot to trot for freaking teenagers!

(Although I don't know if it was his haircut or Spencer's drunkenness, but when Wren was getting seduced, he looked so boyish next to her, it was like he was the inappropriately young target. Maybe it's just TB's overwhelming femininity, but yikes.)

For that acting job, Mona, you get an A+.

Seriously. I can't believe how much of an A Mona is. Mona could not be more A if she was a sister at Alpha Alpha Alpha planting apple trees on Avery Avenue while listening to Angels and Airwaves. It's perfect, right out of the Light Yagami school of villainy. Step one, get close to your enemy. Step two, make yourself look like a target. Step three, stop your enemy from figuring out anything incriminating. Notice how everything Hanna learned related to the stakes came through Mona?

I love how the parents are closing in too. Darren might actually be useful. Although come next week I might be super pissed when everything starts coming to a head and then BAM! Holding pattern. I'd really like the A reveal at the end of the season, or at least something a little more substantial.

I also want Melissa to be the killer. I feel that this was set up at the end of last season, when Ian claimed to be killing Spencer because he loved Melissa. At the very least, Ian believed Melissa to be the killer, and was looking to pin the blame on Spencer.

Aria...was unbearable, but Lucy did incredibly well. That scene in the car was great from her perspective. Not so much from Ezra's, though again it was the writing rather than the acting's fault. Dang, man, your underage girlfriend is crying and you just coldly walk off, get into the car, then stare at her intensely before driving away? You can be late to class, just comfort her for a second, maybe? Although I can't get too annoyed.

Why am I miffed on Byron's behalf? Because Aria and Ezra basically told Ella they had been carrying on a giant charade and vindicated Byron's suspicion, and yet Ella said Byron was pretty much wrong to take his position. The right thing doesn't somehow become wrong due to a hypocrite's endorsement of it.

Spencer is always excellent, and I appreciated Hanna growing a brain. Not much to say about Emily's storyline, although good on her for growing a spine regarding everything except Maya. Bad on her for, well, growing a spine regarding everything except Maya.

RachelKM

RachelKM

Fanatic

Posted Feb 21, 2012 @ 12:50 AM

For reals. And as hypocritical as it is, while being totally grossed out by the other pedos in town I love Wren and I've always preferred Spencer and Wren to Spencer and Toby. Of course, like everyone else it seems, I will ship Spencer with pretty much anyone she shows the least interest.

I also adore Mona. She was sorta awesome tonight and has been pretty awesome all season. I used to think she might be A, and even with the notes, she could be if she's acting. But I kinda want her to be the hero now.

3rd awesome of the evening, Ella with her flat "No" to Ezzzzzra's question about her tea.

Uhg, this show. You give me the awesome that is Spencer, Drunk!Spencer, and Mona all in one episode but then inflict the coma inducing stupid that is Ezzzzria on me. What do I do you?

ETA:

(Although I don't know if it was his haircut or Spencer's drunkenness, but when Wren was getting seduced, he looked so boyish next to her, it was like he was the inappropriately young target. Maybe it's just TB's overwhelming femininity, but yikes.)

Hah! True. Spencer just has a very substantial presence that seems older without really appearing older. Conversely, Wren has a very youthful presence while still seeming like he might be a mature adult otherwise.

Edited by RachelKM, Feb 21, 2012 @ 12:56 AM.

Mia Nina

Mia Nina

Fanatic

Posted Feb 21, 2012 @ 12:53 AM

Gosh, Ezra/Aria sucks. Can't they wait? If they love each other so much can't they wait until she graduates? How am I supposed to believe they're both so bright when they can't even understand why Byron and Ella are against their ridiculous relationship? Ezra is what, 23? 24? I hate the way he shrinks and pees his pants whenever Arias's parents, friends or random strangers show up. If I were Aria I'd be so humiliated and embarrassed for him I wouldn't be able to take him seriously. I'd pity him.

It's not even the moral issue (at the end of the day they're all adults in real life) anymore, it's how the relationship is portrayed. I can't stand how the show pretends their thing is so deep and transcendent when all they do is whine. I mean, I can totally understand why Spencer is attracted to Wren or why Aria was briefly attracted to Jason but I can't for the life of me understand Ezra's appeal and why Aria would even think of running away to be with him. I just can't. Plus Jason and Wren weren't their teachers. But again, I just don't get what Aria sees in Ezra. I guess he's supposed to play mature and smart but all I see juvenile intellectual wannabe.

The rest of the episode was great (well, except for Paige). A has her inside man/girl now that Mona is in with the Liars. I wanted everything with Mona to be legitimate but everything about it appeared to be staged for Hanna's benefit. We'll see.

Edited by Mia Nina, Feb 21, 2012 @ 12:55 AM.

kariyaki

kariyaki

Stalker

Posted Feb 21, 2012 @ 1:59 AM

"Everyone at that law firm is over 30." Aha! Maya is A!

rhythmmm

rhythmmm

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 21, 2012 @ 3:21 AM

Plot heavy, but eye-candyless episode with no Toby or Caleb....

Aria- I was completely engrossed by the break up scene, only because I was ready to pop up off my couch and do a happy dance if Ezra has said that he was definitively going to move to New Orleans. Of course, like everything with Ezra all we got was a milquetoast half intention to MAYBE take the job. This couple just sucks. And is it just me or does the actor who plays Ezra always have awkward pauses before he says his lines. As if he is desperately searching to remember them. And now Ella, who i love, is actually listening to the whys of this relationship??? We've been watching them for 2 years and I don't even get the whys of this boring relationship.

Which brings us to the changing of the Pedo-Guard over to....

Spencer- At least Wren and her have some chemistry. But is seems like this attraction only manifests when Spencer is feeling alone and desperate. I have to say I prefer Toby for her and the side of Spencer he brings out. But like everyone else has said, Spencer is amazing with anyone. Love her. Love, love love...she could make me straight.....

Emily- And now Paige is NOT straight any more and back into Emily. In a crazy way they are kind of cut. I like the half crazy way Lindsey Shaw plays Paige. Will be interesting to see where this goes.

Hanna- Loved her level headed moment where she opened the fence and walked in while everyone was clusterF#$king around with the lock. For some reason I am a sucker for Hanna/Mona moments, but I too worry about a hidden Mona agenda. The texts from A seemed too perfectly timed in a way to make Mona seem like a victim. If Mona isn't A she did a better job outsmarting A than any of the Liars have thus far.

Parents- It seems like both Ashley and Ella are starting to come to some conclusions around A's harassment of the girls. Hopefully neither for them will end up dead. Love those actresses! Hopefully the parents will continue cluing in!

Good cliffhanger this week! I'm sure Maya just ran away but can't wait to see where the Melissa thing goes. The A-Tag was pretty lame... who cares if A is a good shot. Although it made me think of either Garrett or Wilton as it seemed to be at a police shooting range...Can't wait for next week!

KissedByARose

KissedByARose

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 21, 2012 @ 7:21 AM

At this point, I'm wondering how this whole "we're not going by the books" is going to play out because I don't believe the writers at this point.

What bothers me about Aria and Ezra is that this isn't the show for their crap! Seriously, their relationship belongs on a different teen show. Why isn't Aria allowed to date like the other girls, show?!

ElectricBoogalo

ElectricBoogalo

Stalker

Posted Feb 21, 2012 @ 7:27 AM

isn't Wren ever older than the rest of the pedos? I is he done with med school which would make him way into his 20's?

Wren was a med student in the pilot (and he mentions that he did his undergrad at Oxford). When he returned to Rosewood, he said that he was doing his residency (2.4 Blind Dates). Normally med students go to med school for four years and then do their residencies. If he went to med school immediately after finishing his undergrad (I'm assuming the UK's school system is similar to the American school system, meaning students finish high school at 18 then finish their undergrad degree around 22), being a first year resident would make him 27.

Somehow Ian made milk drinking super creepy, but Garrett just looked silly chewing away. Maybe it's due solely to the fact that nothing can ever come close to Ian's creepy milk drinking. The bar has been set, Garrett. You're going to have to try a lot harder than that!

What was up with the number of stickers on Ezra's windshield? Was there a city sticker, a parking sticker, and a registered pedophile sticker, too?

The city where I used to live just outside of Chicago had those so I noticed Ezra's right away. Some people love piling them up like that, but I don't recall seeing them on any of the other Rosewood windshields (and I'm assuming Ezra is new to Rosewood since Aria didn't know he was a teacher before the summer) so they must be from wherever he lived before.

Didn't Spencer already suspect Melissa of being associated with Alison's murder a few seasons ago?

I'm pretty sure she did, but apparently now that Spencer knows Melissa made out with her own half brother, she must be innocent. I wonder how much of Spencer telling Melissa about Jason was because she felt Melissa deserved to know and how much of it was just to spite her parents for keeping it a secret from them.

"Everyone at that law firm is over 30." Aha! Maya is A!

A+!

Hanna opening the gate was AWESOME. I know Spencer sometimes makes cracks because Hanna isn't as book smart, but Hanna totally earned her keep right there.

Edited by ElectricBoogalo, Feb 21, 2012 @ 7:28 AM.

Sakura12

Sakura12

Fanatic

Posted Feb 21, 2012 @ 8:27 AM

Wren was a med student in the pilot (and he mentions that he did his undergrad at Oxford). When he returned to Rosewood, he said that he was doing his residency (2.4 Blind Dates). Normally med students go to med school for four years and then do their residencies. If he went to med school immediately after finishing his undergrad (I'm assuming the UK's school system is similar to the American school system, meaning students finish high school at 18 then finish their undergrad degree around 22), being a first year resident would make him 27.

Actually in the UK they can start Med school at 18 (they don't need a bachelor's degree like we do in the US) it takes about 5 years, 2 years of preclinical training and three years of clinical training at a teaching hospital. So Wren can around the same age as Ezra 23/24 if he completed all his training in the UK.

I like Wren and Spencer better than Aria and Ezra, because Wren is charming, witty and has a sense of humor, where Ezra is piece of card board. If Ezra had an actual personality I might like him better.

I don't know how Wren resisted seductive drunk Spencer. I really don't want Spencer to get back with Toby, he's as dull as Ezra. Spencer needs someone more at her level and for Spencer that would be an older guy.

holeybubushka

holeybubushka

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 21, 2012 @ 8:29 AM

Garrett chomping on M&M's (or whatever he was eating) as he watched Spencer and Aria meet the phone guy-close to rivaling Ian's Milk of Doom

Garrett WISHES he could be half as intimidating as Ian. I think of Garrett as a gnat, burrowed in the fur of all the ACTUAL creepy people in this show. I wish the Liars would laugh at him and his psuedo tough guy schtick.

On the other hand, Ian was genuinely frightening. The thought of him and Melissa collborating in Ali's murder is delicious. Of course, it'll drive Spencer into the loony bin but at least it'll make good television.

I don't think Melissa is A, but she's connected in Ali's murder. As another poster pointed out, Ian said he wanted to protect Melissa when he was trying to kill Spencer, who we know was investigating Ali's murder. Hmmm.

Seriously. I can't believe how much of an A Mona is. Mona could not be more A if she was a sister at Alpha Alpha Alpha planting apple trees on Avery Avenue while listening to Angels and Airwaves. It's perfect, right out of the Light Yagami school of villainy. Step one, get close to your enemy. Step two, make yourself look like a target. Step three, stop your enemy from figuring out anything incriminating. Notice how everything Hanna learned related to the stakes came through Mona?

I'm torn because I love Janel Parish and want her to stick around indefinitely but Mona being A plus makes so much sense. A knows the Liars is onto them so she positions herself so she can also get information DIRECTLY from the Liars while also making her seem like an innocent victim. Perfect. Plus I'm not entirely sure why Mona would go for the community service thing when Hanna's been such a lousy friend to her. The other Liars are cold as well. I'm not sure I buy that Hanna and Mona are really close, so it's hard to reconcile that Mona would make some huge sacrfice...unless the whole thing was a ruse to draw out info from the Liars. I dunno. We know Mona is very intelligent and has an axe to grind with the Liars and Ali. Plus A always had a special love of torturing Hanna...so...yeah. Mona is definitely my number one suspect for the Big Bad and I hope I'm right cause the emotional fall out would be AWESOME.

Plus I thought something was a little off about Mona tonight and if it's all because JP knows she's A and acting a double game then I will stand up and applaud for a good ten minutes.

He is so damn boring. He does nothing. He made a stand once. Just once. And there was push back and he ran away like a little girl. Aria is the one who makes anything happen in that relationship and now he is staying because Ella said so. He is a weak pathetic little man. Who is attracted to this person? Why is this tame lame relationship where the sixteen year old is the adult and has to take all of the proactive steps attractive to people?

Ezra is an insipid man. The show knows how fucked up the teacher student thing is, but since they want to position this as star crossed lovers nonsense they've neutured Ezra and turned him into a cardboard cut out. He's so gentle and timid and never fights back and is never demanding and ugh! Just act like a human being for once.

Poor Lucy Hale gives it her all every week but the material is just not doing her justice.

I thought my biggest objection was the teacher student thing but it turns out i object to Ezria because they are dull. Spencer/Wren is just as wrong, because he really is old, but DAMN that was the hottest scene of the entire show. I'm not usually a Spencer fan but I would have been reluctant to turn drunk!Spencer down. Hell, I probs would have jumped Wren too. And I'm a lesbian. Pretty Littles Liars: making everybody question their sexuality, all the time.

I enjoyed seeing Lindsey Shaw again. Good to see Paige is still intense and still emotionally stupid. Going for the kiss right after Emily just poured her heart out to you was dumb. I doubt it's the end of LS's run on the show so I hope Crazy Paige can be crazy in Emily's near vicinity soon.

As for Fucking Maya.

The spoilers for next week say she's missing. Like...forever? GAH! Where's a ghost ninja when you need one

This was another stellar ep in an excellent season. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time but there was some comedy to lighten the mood as well. I love this show.

waving feather

waving feather

Fanatic

Posted Feb 21, 2012 @ 8:35 AM

I don't know how Wren resisted seductive drunk Spencer. I really don't want Spencer to get back with Toby, he's as dull as Ezra. Spencer needs someone more at her level and for Spencer that would be an older guy.

When Spencer was seducing Wren, it was so hot that I couldn't believe it's PLL. At times like this, how I wish this is on HBO. And Wren has adorable curly hair.

Why do the writers always shy away from showing Ezzzria in intimate scenes but have no problem giving those to Spencer? Deep down even they must know how little chemistry Ezzzria has, right? Right???! Kudos to Lucy Hale for the crying scene though. I would have loved the scene if it was any other guy besides Ezra.

Ew at Spoby fans on tumblr calling Spencer a slut. LOLz. To that I say, slut away, Spencer!

Edited by waving feather, Feb 21, 2012 @ 8:47 AM.

Writer13

Writer13

Fanatic

Posted Feb 21, 2012 @ 8:43 AM

Nooooooooo! I was hoping (although I knew it was unrealistic) that Ezzzzria would be over forever! Tweens may love them, but the adults who watch this show don't!

Wren is a cutie...but does everyone in Rosewood have to be a pedo?

I bet Garrett erases the video from Spencer's computer after she left with Melissa.

Cherith

Cherith

Fanatic

Posted Feb 21, 2012 @ 9:37 AM

Not really. She thought Melissa was covering for Ian but just out of love not because she was in on the murder.

I loved Spencer saying to Hanna that she had given her mom the benefit of the doubt so they should her sister. No, Spencer, Ashley has been mostly awesome. Your sister is evil 100% of the time.

Mona is so A.

Why do the writers always shy away from showing Ezzzria in intimate scenes but have no problem giving those to Spencer? Deep down even they must know how little chemistry Ezzzria has, right? Right???! Kudos to Lucy Hale for the crying scene though. I would have loved the scene if it was any other guy besides Ezra.

I know, right? I know the executive producer claims to be pro-Aria/Fitz on twitter but on the show it is written so lamely and everything else is so fun that I have to think they really are trying to pour water over whatever fire people see.

Both Caleb and Toby are deeply involved with A and the underlying mystery, in some way. Both know something is happening with the girls although Toby doesn't have as deep information as Caleb and he thinks it is all about the mystery around who killed Ali. But he knows there is something dark and wrong in Spencer's life and Emily's too. Emily's girls come and go so they wouldn't have the chance to get involved. Ezra has been with Aria for longer than any other love interest on this show and he doesn't even suspect. He is so out of touch with his girlfriend's life he doesn't even know there is something so deeply wrong here. How is that OK? Why is this supposed to be an interesting couple?

The fact that the writers intentionally distance Ezra from the real action makes me think they really aren't that into it. The fact that they don't get the hot scenes they love writing for Spencer or the sweet first time as password Caleb/Hanna stuff makes me think they aren't that into it.

Edited by Cherith, Feb 21, 2012 @ 9:41 AM.

Raid Maze

Raid Maze

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 21, 2012 @ 9:38 AM

Ezra is an insipid man. The show knows how fucked up the teacher student thing is, but since they want to position this as star crossed lovers nonsense they've neutured Ezra and turned him into a cardboard cut out. He's so gentle and timid and never fights back and is never demanding and ugh! Just act like a human being for once.

I actually think the show made a mistake removing him as the girls' English teacher. I get that the powers that be were trying to make it a little less creepy, but all it did was emasculate the Ezra character. Besides, the school is always where the central action is. Now that's all removed and it's her sneaking around, throwing fits, him being a dead fish and more scenes in that annoying apartment of his, one of the worst energy sucking sets on the show.

In any case, I find Ezra, how guarded he always seems, he does come off as a closeted gay man.

Loverly Emma

Loverly Emma

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 21, 2012 @ 9:42 AM

I will cheer with happiness if the killer is Byron (cause he knocked up Ali)

If anyone knocked up Ali and then filled her with dirt, it's Peter Hastings. I mean, we already know he is everyone's father. He probably knocked her out with Spencer's field hockey stick, then buried it, then made it look like it was that random ass shovel, then buried his maybe-half-daughter-slash-baby-momma.
Which is why, when Spencer found said hockey stick, he was like "brb, just throwing this in the fire."

ETA: Maya is maybe-dead? YUSS. The moment we've all been waiting for.
After her fight with Emily, she probably went off and did drugs, then ended up in a ditch or taking The Swim That Needs No Towel.

Edited by Loverly Emma, Feb 21, 2012 @ 9:44 AM.

ElectricBoogalo

ElectricBoogalo

Stalker

Posted Feb 21, 2012 @ 10:11 AM

I just assumed that she tripped over the curb while crossing the street and broke a hip.

I loved Spencer saying to Hanna that she had given her mom the benefit of the doubt so they should her sister. No, Spencer, Ashley has been mostly awesome. Your sister is evil 100% of the time.

Ha, I know! There is no reason to give Ashley Marin the benefit of the doubt. She is OBVIOUSLY made of awesome and is not off doing sketchy things with pedos. Melissa, on the other hand, is nothing BUT sketchy.

Besides, what did Spencer think would happen? "Hey, Melissa, I happen to have this secret video of you and the other creepers in Ali's bedroom the night before she died. You have a perfectly logical explanation for this, right? Oh, you do? Well, never mind then. Please go back to being a total biatch to me and reminding me of the various ways I've ruined your life. By the way, Wren got me totally drunk and it was AWESOME."

larapu2000

larapu2000

Fanatic

Posted Feb 21, 2012 @ 10:30 AM

Besides, what did Spencer think would happen? "Hey, Melissa, I happen to have this secret video of you and the other creepers in Ali's bedroom the night before she died. You have a perfectly logical explanation for this, right? Oh, you do? Well, never mind then. Please go back to being a total biatch to me and reminding me of the various ways I've ruined your life. By the way, Wren got me totally drunk and it was AWESOME."

"Also, why do you not seem so grossed out about making out with your own brother?"

Danie84

Danie84

Fanatic

Posted Feb 21, 2012 @ 10:32 AM

I was hoping for an anvil to drop on Ezra car, as Aria cried her pretty eyes out. That would have put us all out of Ezzzria misery. So boring!

I don't get why the Liars were so shock to see Melissa barge in Ali's bedroom when Spencer already suspected her and Ian as the ones behind Ali's death. Or did I imagine that? That was so un-Spencer-like to leave her phone and laptop behind. You know Spence is always thinking four feet ahead of everyone.

Sakura12

Sakura12

Fanatic

Posted Feb 21, 2012 @ 10:51 AM

I don't think Spencer ever suspected Melissa. She suspected everyone else except her. We've suspected Melissa. Spencer would always chalk it up to a coincidence if Melissa was brought up. Like when the found the reciept and Aria said "Doesn't your sister live around here?" Spencer ignored her and left to follow blind people around town.

I'm still going with my theory that Spencer witnessed Melissa killing Alison and blocked it out. She came back to the barn in a daze, talking about hearing a scream. So her mind was erasing what she saw to protect her sanity. Because poor Spencer doesn't want to think her family is not only insane but murderers as well.

Edited by Sakura12, Feb 21, 2012 @ 10:53 AM.

MahoganyBonics

MahoganyBonics

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 21, 2012 @ 10:53 AM

3rd awesome of the evening, Ella with her flat "No" to Ezzzzzra's question about her tea.

I giggled at that as well. Her whole bit I read as "Let me make myself very clear. I don't condone this relationship. But I do condone this relationship, as long as I can act like a prissy bitch about it."
Oy. And I was getting excited about Ella and Byron getting closer to the truth. Now we get sidetracked with even more of the Ezria circus. I'm so sick of them. At least it looks like the unlikely pair of Ashley and Wilden ARE looking for A now... I'm adding Ashley to my mental list of people who might die at the end of this season. Because that would cause enough conflict to get Hanna through another season.

I don't think Mona is A... or at least A+. As I said before I think she might be working the inside because she's getting blackmailed by A to do so, but I don't think she's the mastermind. Another suspicious activity: we can chalk this up, perhaps, to Ian Harding's stiffness or the Ezria writing but I found how cold he was to Aria in the car suspicious. As if he was being... threatened to leave?
Do I hope Maya's dead? Sort of. Is she dead? Probably not. But I'm guessing she won't be back for Season 3, as they might just keep it at 10 star roles (then again, if Ashley dies) and Caleb is filling one of them.

I have to admit, I'm not a huge fan of creepy Paige. I agree that she has more chemistry with Emily than Maya or Samara but I wish there could be, like, a SANE lesbian to pair Emily with. On the other hand, HUGE fan of Melissa, and of Wren. I almost threw my computer at the TV when the episode ended without us hearing what Melissa had to say. Add me to the list of people who think she killed Ali. As much as I would love for her to be A, I find it more likely that she'll have a moment where she regrets all of her actions and checks into a mental hospital. She's not mentally stable enough to be A. And Wren was HOT, especially with ultra-chemist Spencer... especially drunk ultra-chemist Spencer. PLEASE, writers, keep Spencer with totally-not-pedophile Wren instead of somehow-even-more-boring-than-Ian-Harding Toby.

Moment I loved: Emily running up to the girl and saying "MAYA IS THAT YOU?" only for her and her friend to give her a "you smell like garbage" look.