Pretty Little Liars

• Please log in to reply

19183 replies to this topic

TWoP Pembleton

TWoP Pembleton

TWoP Moderator

Posted Mar 19, 2014 @ 8:29 PM

Just a quick note because it seems to be an ongoing problem with this thread and I'd rather just post once and address it instead of giving out warnings here and there:

Please spell out curse words. Don't use asterisks to mask them. Everyone knows what word you mean. If you're grown up enough to post here, you're grown up enough to read the word fuck. PM me if you have questions.

zuisa

zuisa

Loyal Viewer

Posted Aug 30, 2011 @ 9:54 PM

I think the other Liars got Emily out, no? Didn't Hanna get a text with an address after she so brilliantly and seemingly nonchalantly ruined the wedding? I assumed that address was Emily's location.

Hanna did get a text with the address, but Emily was convinced that Ali pulled her out, right? And one of the other girls told her that she must have just forgotten getting the door open before she passed out. So someone else got her out, I think. Maybe A just wanted her scared, and not dead? Or just wanted to get all the Liars out there to give them the shovel.

ashbash

ashbash

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 30, 2011 @ 9:59 PM

And Mike cannot be A, or at least, he cannot be the person Dr. Sullivan initially thought was A, because she refused to see him as a patient.

I think A is Maya, but this only really applies if A was the one to drag Emily's body. She has pretty eyes (check), most likely saw a therapist initially before she got sent away, has the similar skin tone and smallish hands (Maya has light coloring & the hands looked like a females) and early on in the episode the camera panned in on her boots. I remember someone buying A buying a pair of boots a couple episodes back. On the other hand, it looked like A was wearing the same boots Allison had on in that illusion/dream/"in between"/heading towards the light scene. I didn't get a clear view of Maya's boots when they panned in, were they the same?

I think Jason is Spencer's dad kid, not Allison (or maybe both) because I got the impression that he was referring to covering up things related to the murder because he thought Jason would get implicated had he not. That's all I really have though.

I'm still processing the rest so I'll be back later, but I am now openly thinking about the twin option....and looking over my shoulder every time I walk into my garage to smoke.

Also random question - how is it in this day and age that they can not find a way to get any "blocked" number that calls their cell phones revealed. I could name a bunch of different names right now that would do that including *69 and some apps. Also, I do not believe you can send a text message from a blocked number, call maybe, but definitely not text. Are we supposed to overlook this? I have been since the first season but it's starting to bother me.

Edited by ashbash, Aug 30, 2011 @ 10:01 PM.

Belley

Belley

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 30, 2011 @ 10:06 PM

Maybe A just wanted her scared, and not dead?

Yeah, I think A dragged Emily out of the barn when she was passed out. Otherwise, A trying to kill Emily doesn't really make sense. The only time A has tried to kill any of them was running Hanna over, and that was clearly some kind of breakdown. This was cold and calculated.

I would love to know what the police's theory is at that point. Yes, the Liars look incredibly sketchy, with offering up phony murder weapons and trying to bury real ones. But what do they make of all the other information? Like Emily being trapped in that barn or the hole having boots and a mask in it?

I hope Hanna's douchebag father doesn't try to blame this whole thing on Hanna 'cause if he wasn't a wishy-washy cheating asshole, none of this would've happened.

Seriously. Hanna may not have had the right to tell, but it's his own fault. Also, haha Kate! Fucking hate you!

Edited by Belley, Aug 30, 2011 @ 10:07 PM.

Betsyb

Betsyb

Fanatic

Posted Aug 30, 2011 @ 10:08 PM

I think the other Liars got Emily out, no? Didn't Hanna get a text with an address after she so brilliantly and seemingly nonchalantly ruined the wedding? I assumed that address was Emily's location.

By the time they got there Emily was unconscious but outside. That was not at all obvious from the edit of the scene (so it was easy to miss) but Spencer had some passing dialogue where she asked if Emily opened the door before she passed out. So, obviously they saw her there outside and unconscious.

Seriously. Hanna may not have had the right to tell, but it's his own fault. Also, haha Kate! Fucking hate you!

Yeah! I totally agree. He is a cheater who messed with his daughter's head by being in the house when he didn't really know if that would be permanent. And potentially messed with his ex-wife's heart. Now Hanna and Ashley are both very strong forgiving people so they got over it pretty quickly and decided to be happy for him. But it is all is own damn fault. Fuck him Hanna. He didn't even visit her in the hospital.

I think Jason is Spencer's dad kid, not Allison (or maybe both) because I got the impression that he was referring to covering up things related to the murder because he thought Jason would get implicated had he not. That's all I really have though.

I agree. Although it is not impossible that Peter fathered both. But, like others have said, when Jason said his sister would want him there he probably meant Spencer. Which means that in the 24 hours he has officially been Spencer's brother he is already a better sibling than Melissa will ever be.

ETA: I am really worried that many of us spend way too much time talking about how awesome Spencer is and not nearly enough time objectifying her. She looked beautiful in this episode.

Edited by Betsyb, Aug 30, 2011 @ 10:25 PM.

jenistar

jenistar

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 30, 2011 @ 10:11 PM

Heh, like if the envelope contained proof of past transgressions A wouldn't have it copied in 50 locations to torture her again.

Given the fact that Garrett made such a point of telling Jenna to burn the piece of paper he gave her (Jenna: "Is that page 5?"), noting that then there would be nothing to link them to that night, I'm inclined to believe that the envelope A slid over to Dr. Sullivan has another copy of the elusive page 5, which will somehow, in fact, link G&J to that night. If J&G are the mini-A, and are being manipulated by the Big A, it would explain the split personality A seems to have, punishing the PLL in one minute and helping them move toward finding Ali's killer the next.

None of which sheds any light on who the Big A is.

kariyaki

kariyaki

Stalker

Posted Aug 30, 2011 @ 10:38 PM

But, like others have said, when Jason said his sister would want him there he probably meant Spencer. Which means that in the 24 hours he has officially been Spencer's brother he is already a better sibling than Melissa will ever be.

How sad is that for Spencer? Not that I don't like Jason but Melissa's had their whole lives to be a good sister and Jason's already managed to show more concern for Spencer in his five seconds of screentime than Melissa ever has.

I am really worried that many of us spend way too much time talking about how awesome Spencer is and not nearly enough time objectifying her. She looked beautiful in this episode.

That she did, though Spencer always looks beautiful. Except that weird horse sweater she was wearing today, that was bizarre. I feel we need a drinking game for every time Spencer wears something with barn animals on it.

jeromehans

jeromehans

Just Tuned In

Posted Aug 30, 2011 @ 11:02 PM

From what someone posted in the previous thread or so, the girls do need a win. I mean After the whole season 1 with the (A) investigation and than to Hanna getting hit, and the whole tower situation 30+ episodes later, not really a win. It is getting ridiculous because I bet 4 more seasons later they won't even have a comeuppance, it is like LOST, a total mind f*ck, but yes I agree it is getting ridiculous.

Lionne

Lionne

Video Archivist

Posted Aug 30, 2011 @ 11:59 PM

One hot clue from this evening is that Garrett said to Jenna something along the lines of, "I've been dying to get into that storage shed." And then they had the whole conversation about him finally leaving the police department and getting out of that uniform. It gave me the impression that they had done the work necessary to get a reward that would let them skip town, like there's a storage shed with a hell of a lot of money in it in their near future? Perhaps that will pay for Jenna's operation and then she and Garrett will skip town?

The whole conversation brings up a lot of questions - such as, if there's something that Jason doesn't know, why are they hiding things from him in particular? If they are doing "A's" work, and Jenna is so glad that Alison is dead but Jenna wasn't there at the time of the murder, then did "A" tell Jenna something about how she was blinded that fuels her hatred for Alison and the other Liars? Have Garrett and Jenna been willingly working under "A" all this time, for both the motives of greed and revenge? Is there something about "A's" identity that they have to keep secret from Jason above all else?

And what storage shed?

Hum. I kinda wonder if Garrett and Jenna will be the first to end up dead next season.

larapu2000

larapu2000

Fanatic

Posted Aug 31, 2011 @ 12:02 AM

Pretty eyes? Noel is A?

Sigh. Noel Kahn. No Noel sighting in the finale, so epic fail for me.

I like how Aria is too wishy-washy to even blackmail someone properly. Is it THAT hard, Aria? Really? To have a 15 minute + attention span?

I'm down with the Hanna daddy hate. Super glad that it didn't turn into Isabelle yelling at Hanna, too.

Woot! Spencer broke up with Toby, The Most Boring Boy In The World. Now let her loose on the men of Rosewood.

Betsyb

Betsyb

Fanatic

Posted Aug 31, 2011 @ 12:06 AM

Hum. I kinda wonder if Garrett and Jenna will be the first to end up dead next season.

I really want Garrett to die. I hope Jenna lives forever but I want Garrett to die. Ian was wonderfully creepy in an awesome way. And he had this chemistry with Spencer that made their interactions really tense. You could tell he and Troian liked working together. Garrett is so boring and dumb, which I think is the point he is just a meat head being manipulated by Jenna. But he sucks energy out of all of his screen time. I hope he bites it.

One hot clue from this evening is that Garrett said to Jenna something along the lines of, "I've been dying to get into that storage shed."

I think they were talking about the storage facility that Alison had the key to. Which she gave to Emily via the globe. Jenna collects snow globes and she had Caleb looking for that specific key. Everyone assumed it was to get to the videos but in retrospect how would Jenna know Alison put it in a storage facility that had a key (again Jenna was specific about wanting the key). When the girls went there the storage facility was empty except for one lunch box. So my guess is Alison removed whatever cash was originally in there and hid it somewhere else and when Garrett gets to that storage facility he will be very angry.

At the time, a lot of people thought it was weird that Alison had a whole storage facility for that one flash drive especially since she could have just put that small flash drive in the globe. But it makes sense if it was the NAT club or something that rented it or there was cash in there.

I like how Aria is too wishy-washy to even blackmail someone properly. Is it THAT hard, Aria? Really? To have a 15 minute + attention span?

I actually really did like that. I thought it was nice. Aria isn't perfect but she isn't that kind of girl. Don't get me wrong if Spencer or Hanna were in that situation they would put the bitch down without flinching (we have basically seen Hanna do this to the foster mother). I think even Emily would have done a better job. And I would love that too. But I also like that Aria is self-absorbed and kind of pretentious and flighty but she isn't a bitch and will could never fill that role. I kind of love that these girls have to be blackmailed into to doing the kind of bitchy stuff the people on Gossip Girl or similar shows just do for fun on a daily basis. They aren't really bitches, not even Spencer or Hanna. And they don't think it's ok to just ruin someone's life or blackmail them because they deserve it.

In the end, this is a teen show where the girls don't sleep with each other's boyfriends. And they don't back stab (unless they are black mailed). And they all think their friends are more important than anything else (even Aria she just forgets that occasionally but she always comes through in the end). That is the thing I really like about it. They have their bitchy moments but they aren't bitches.

Edited by Betsyb, Aug 31, 2011 @ 12:36 AM.

Niuxita

Niuxita

Fanatic

Posted Aug 31, 2011 @ 12:11 AM

There was a shovel that lead them to a hole filled with things we've previously seen in A tags (although not necessarily A.)

Can someone remind me of what these things from previous A tags were? I only remember the Thory Burch boots, but I'm drawing a total blank on the mask.

Wow. Just, wow. As a veteran Lost watcher who never much minded being mindfucked on a weekly basis and almost NEVER getting answers to anything, it amuses me greatly that the closest replacement for it that I've found was a freaking TEEN SHOW. I love this show so fucking much.

Something about the Emily/Alison scene really got to me. It had such genuine warmth and emotion and feeling between both characters, and the ethereal lighting was a lovely touch. Now I REALLY want Alison to be alive and her twin to be the one murdered.

Ransom demands by doll. Oh, A. Never change. The girls' reactions in that scene were spot-on, though. They looked and sounded SO freaked out and disgusted, I totally bought that, creepy as A usually is, they never thought he/she would go THAT far.

Didn't A show up at the station at some point, too (as per that shaky POV shot)? Where did he/she go? I wonder if we could try and spot them in the background on rewatch. Heh.

Lastly, "Is there a creepier word than 'creepy'?" should be the show's new tagline.

Edited by TWoP Howard, Aug 31, 2011 @ 9:30 AM.
Added spoiler tags

deadlikegeorge

deadlikegeorge

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 31, 2011 @ 12:19 AM

I am running with a new theory that Toby is A.

Fact number one: Toby has some gorgeous eyes, and they are basically the only thing going for him in the face department, which makes them even more noticeable.

Fact number two: Toby can't really act that well, so why would they cast him? Duh, because of fact number one. They needed someone with some killer eyes (get it, it's a pun).

Fact number three: I have read some theories from you guys that Jenna and Garret are a "little A" being manipulated by a "Big A". So, Toby has some reasons to be angry at all of these people. First of all the liars were complicit in him being sent off and hated for blinding his sister, and he knows this, hence he is angry at them, and would want revenge. He is also angry at said sister though for forcing him into a sexual relationship that he knew was wrong, and because she is the one who started shit with the liars in the first place. So, he takes the most revenge on her by using her to get revenge on the liars, and then bringing her down when she thinks she is at her most triumphant. Leaving Toby winning on all fronts, up to and including the fact that he got to make out with super hot Spencer a lot.

Probably it's not Toby though.

ETA:
Oh also, the doll thing. Isn't it weird that in an episode where A found dolls, BABY dolls, that looked like the girls, the Tobesters would randomly be like "Oh what would a baby of us look like, I wonder."

Edited by deadlikegeorge, Aug 31, 2011 @ 12:27 AM.

OptimisticCynic

OptimisticCynic

Stalker

Posted Aug 31, 2011 @ 12:22 AM

The girls just need to band together with some cash and hire a private investigator to figure out who the A(s) are.

Betsyb

Betsyb

Fanatic

Posted Aug 31, 2011 @ 1:07 AM

I am running with a new theory that Toby is A.

I don't think Toby is A BUT I also think it could be considered suspicious that he went after two Liars romantically, Emily and Spencer. It could be because he wanted to ingratiate himself in their lives anyway he could. And then made Spencer break up with him because he realized that Spencer would be too much in his grill at all times if this kept up. And now he has achieved his ultimate purpose. Spencer even at her most Spencery will never suspect him of being A or the murderer. He is the victim she is protecting not the creepy tormentor. That is the exact perfect way to neutralize Spencer. Who, for all of her flaws, really only wants to protect the people she loves.

We also just have his word for it that his break line was cut.

Similarly, in the early first season his bike was completely totaled but he was absolutely fine, not even a scratch when he showed up a few days later. He could have staged the bike crash for sympathy.

It's strange that Jenna knew so much about this creepy NAT club but Toby who is living with her and spent most of his time with her had no clue.

Also, Alison thought Toby was spying on them and it turns out that it was true that someone was spying on them. She was half right so maybe she was 100% right and he was involved in this video thing.

He was under house arrest for a chunk of last season and couldn't do most A things. But if he has mini-As like Jenna and Garrett working for him it wouldn't be an issue.

So, yeah, Toby is probably not A but I don't think it is the most insane theory in the world. More plausible than Ezra.

Didn't A show up at the station at some point, too (as per that shaky POV shot)? Where did he/she go? I wonder if we could try and spot them in the background on rewatch. Heh.

Well there was a weird A POV type thing and Garrett asked what they were doing there and then it turned out to be Jenna (he pulled her into the interrogation room). So, either an A fake out or proof she is an A.

I loved that Spencer knew the painter that Jackie was doing her paper on. But also that the paper Jackie plagiarized was all in French and Spencer not only knew it but A totally knew she would know it and didn't include any more information. Spencer is probably my ultimate television crush. Which I don't think is too Rosewood since the actor is pretty close to my age.

Edited by Betsyb, Aug 31, 2011 @ 1:30 AM.

Belley

Belley

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 31, 2011 @ 1:19 AM

Ha, nice eyes is exactly as helpful on this show as "what nice hair you have" would be.

Even if Rosewood wasn't filled with models, the term "pretty eyes" is still useless. Most eyes are pretty. They have neat colours, they're round. Eyes are pretty great. The only thing "pretty eyes" tells me is that it's not Jenna. I don't think you'd ever say that to a blind girl. "Hey, you know those fucking useless things stuck in your head? They're pretty. Thought you should know." Even if Jenna isn't blind (she has to be, right?) she is horribly scarred around her eyes. Seems like the classy thing to do would be to not call attention to that.

I like the idea that A is using Jenna and Garrett to get vengeance on the PLL. Jenna and Garrett are way to obvious and have been since the beginning, but they're clearly up to something. I also like the idea that A is using people's hate or secrets for her own purpose. But then that begs the question, what the fuck is wrong with A?

Good on Hanna for not just screaming out "My dad cheated on you" in front of the entire church. That's what I was expecting/would've done. And how sad is Isabelle's life that she has no adult female friends to stand up with her?

I dread to think of the sexual acts Ashley is going to have to perform to get out daughter out of this one.

Edited by Belley, Aug 31, 2011 @ 1:31 AM.

Paperboating

Paperboating

Loyal Viewer

Posted Aug 31, 2011 @ 2:21 AM

Even if Rosewood wasn't filled with models, the term "pretty eyes" is still useless.

I totally agree. The line was a waste, especially it being the last line of the mid season finale.

Finally Spencer has gotten rid of the ball and chain that is Toby (or at least I hope). I agree with the posters that say that Toby seems so wooden. I felt nothing when he was "trying" to profess his love for Spencer. I feel as if Troian is acting against a piece of dried out play-dough. Sadly, I believe they will probably get back together because the tweens are a big fan of them.

Oh Wren, you are such a creep but so charming with that British accent and smile. Why am I so shallow at times? I see through the facade but I can't help but want them together. They have such an easy chemistry with one another.

I loved when Ella confronted Ezra. Anyone else kinda want to see Spencer and Ezra happen? That would be pretty sizzling. I would like to see more character development with Jackie though. I'm not a fan of this one dimensional, evil bitch ex trying to reclaim her old love by bulldozing one of our protagonists. Seen it and it's kind of a bore.

On another note, I hope Spencer's hats gets revived after this break. Been missing those.

/Well there was a weird A POV type thing and Garrett asked what they were doing there and then it turned out to be Jenna (he pulled her into the interrogation room). So, either an A fake out or proof she is an A.

I wonder if there is a mirror in that room, like the one the PLL was in. Wouldn't it be neat if the Detective saw what was going on with them two?

BoobTubeJunkie

BoobTubeJunkie

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 31, 2011 @ 2:41 AM

At the end of that last scene with Jenna and Garrett, was Garrett looking at something behind Jenna? I donít have it recorded, but I think she was delivering her last line, and he seemed to be looking behind her Ė I was so sure the camera was going to circle around and reveal someone sitting there, like maybe Jason. But then Garrett pulled his eyes back to her face and the scene ended. Maybe he was just pensively staring off into the distance while mulling over their success, but it got me Spencering for seemingly no good reason.

oddlittlesmurf

oddlittlesmurf

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 31, 2011 @ 5:33 AM

Maya has very pretty eyes, and had potential access to whatever info on the girls Alison may have hidden around her house when she moved in. After she was gone for such a long time I thought that she was ruled out as an 'A' suspect, but now she's baaaack.

Back fat comment made my night. Class.

bobbyjoe

bobbyjoe

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 31, 2011 @ 7:05 AM

At this point, the show has become so convoluted that even if they revealed once-and-for-all who A is in the first five minutes of next season, it would take about eight episodes of uninterrupted flashback exposition to even begin to explain how it answered all the questions the show has raised.

The comparisons to LOST are spot on. The only thing missing is a Smoke Monster. Maybe next season?

Edited by bobbyjoe, Aug 31, 2011 @ 7:15 AM.

waving feather

waving feather

Fanatic

Posted Aug 31, 2011 @ 7:38 AM

Heck yes, Spencer is free of Toby! Please, writers, never put them together ever again. I felt so bad for Troian during their car scene. She was acting her face off, but Toby was a cardboard as usual. I never thought I'd see a regular working actor as cardboard as Mike from Desperate Housewives but Toby got him beat. Now Spencer can get her freak on with other men. I don't think a steady relationship is the way to go for her character.

I also love how psychotic Spencer looked in the police holding room. Bitch was gonna cut somebody, esp. the creepy Detective. If we had to keep a creepy cop, I hope it's the Detective. Garrett is unbelievably boring and went to the same acting school as Toby.

Color me surprised by how much I am loving Aria this season. My heart broke when she broke down during the one phonecall. Aria and Spencer are my favorite liars now. They are having the best storylines this season. I find myself tuning out during Emily or Hanna's scenes. Especially Emily. At least Hanna brings the comic relief. Emily is quite the downer. And bringing back Maya doesn't help. Never thought I'd see the day when I like Aria more than Emily.

I hope Hanna doesn't beat herself up over her dickish dad's failure. He did cheat on Isabelle and she deserved to know. You can't have your cake and eat it too, buddy! Caleb is learning. I loved his back fat comment. How deliciously bitchy.

Edited by waving feather, Aug 31, 2011 @ 9:06 AM.

kariyaki

kariyaki

Stalker

Posted Aug 31, 2011 @ 7:57 AM

Now Spencer can get her freak on with other men.

I think that's definitely what they were setting up with Wren: heartbroken Spencer on the rebound. Wren had better watch out, Spencer's gonna tear through him like Kleenex. I like Spencer and Toby together but don't mind this little diversion.

sonk

sonk

Loyal Viewer

Posted Aug 31, 2011 @ 8:11 AM

Is Ezra going to admit that he's dating Aria instead of Spencer?

Well, I feel like an idiot...I totally forgot that Ella thinks Spencer has a thing with Ezra, and so the whole time I was thinking "Wow, she's really taking the news of her daughter's inappropriate relationship well." Oops.

Aria was so good in this episode. The part when she was on the phone with Ezra was so well-acted, I was really impressed. Plus, she looked gorgeous for the whole episode! Actually, they all looked awesome. Except for Emily's seriously fugly dress (and, who wears white to a wedding? Even though Isabel's dress wasn't actually white, it's still weird).

Speaking of Emily...she was so cute when Maya said that she didn't know this Emily and Emily was like "I think you'll really like her!" with such an eager look on her face. I love Emily.

And Caleb's back fat comment was awesome.

starfires

starfires

Video Archivist

Posted Aug 31, 2011 @ 8:29 AM

Eyes were mentioned before, in the bracelet shop, to A: the shop owner mentioning the person had interesting eyes.

Maya also looks even older to me than she did earlier this year. I know the actress is way older than high school age, but in the last couple episodes it was really obvious with the makeup how mature she was age-wise.

tip and fall

tip and fall

Stalker

Posted Aug 31, 2011 @ 8:43 AM

Question - Did we ever see the epic Hanna freakout that someone posted a screencap of a while back? I was looking for that but don't remember seeing it. Sad.

And Spencer would totally win any bitchface contests, hands down. Her eyes were practically shooting lasers in the interrogation room.

AmaiaIsabella

AmaiaIsabella

Loyal Viewer

Posted Aug 31, 2011 @ 9:00 AM

Question for the original book readers: When I read the synopses online, I understood that who the girls thought was Ali was really Courtney the whole time, and the original Ali came back to torture them- they never knew her as Ali at all. When Ali in the dream sequence (or whatever that was) with Emily gave the clue that she was still alive, it seemed like she was the twin the girls originally knew. So did the writers change up the details, or was the twin that was killed was Courtney and nobody ever bothered to check? I'm confused.

Where did the cops think the girls were hiding that shovel the entire year plus however many weeks has been since then? That seemed weird, that supposedly they knew the whole time that the shovel was the muder weapon, unless the Columbo wannabe cop was dramatizing. I guess that information wasn't part of the physical evidence page that was missing. Wonder what's on that, as I think the sweater that damned Toby in Season 1 would have been detailed on that page. When did that page goes missing?

monimala

monimala

Loyal Viewer

Posted Aug 31, 2011 @ 9:11 AM

Couldn't help it, I felt heartbroken for Spencer and Toby. Pretty much from the moment A's doll told Spencer to keep Toby safe, I was in, "Oh, Spencer, NO!" mode. Keegan Allen may not be the strongest actor in the world, but I buy Toby as the strong, silent type and really enjoy him as the calming agent to crazy!intense!Spencer. His police station "I love you!" worked for me, but I was more affected by the truck scene, when he thought Spencer didn't trust him. I thought Keegan did a great job, in that split second, of summing up their entire dynamic and how important it was for him to have a safe place. Particularly since he's someone who had his trust broken by someone he was supposed to love (Jenna).

Wren just doesn't do it for me, and his kissing Spencer last night was just as inappropriate as the first time he planted one on her. Wren is grown-ass man, and a doctor, and him creeping on Spence right after she's been bawling her eyes out over her boyfriend was six shades of icky.

It's funny, but I used to love romances with a significant age gap when I was younger — I thought they were wildly romantic — but watching the PLL version of them, with Aria/Ezra, Jenna/Garrett and Spencer/anything that moves, I've turned into a complete pearl clutcher who wants to constantly yell "Stranger danger!"

Unrelated, except for the Spencer-ness, but did anyone else think Troian looked scarily like Annabeth Gish when she was doing her "I could cut a bitch!" death glare in the interrogation room? Troian looked gorgeous and badass, but it was downright chilling for a few moments there.

Edited by monimala, Aug 31, 2011 @ 9:14 AM.

alexias75

alexias75

Video Archivist

Posted Aug 31, 2011 @ 9:12 AM

So, since there would be no show if the girls were all in prison, one would assume that someone (A probably) will take action to, if not completely exonerate them, make it so there's not enough evidence to convict them and they will be released.

Ok.

Once that happens, how do they explain to their parents the fact that they were in the woods, digging up a mask and boots, in their formal dresses, at night, with a shovel that may or may not have been used as a murder weapon?

I mean how do they explain that all away without mentioning Dr. Sullivan and A?

waving feather

waving feather

Fanatic

Posted Aug 31, 2011 @ 9:28 AM

Wren just doesn't do it for me, and his kissing Spencer last night was just as inappropriate as the first time he planted one on her. Wren is grown-ass man, and a doctor, and him creeping on Spence right after she's been bawling her eyes out over her boyfriend was six shades of icky.

As much as I think they have a ton of chemistry, I too think it was icky that he was hitting on her so soon after her break-up. I knew he was itching to get with her forever, but shut it down for the moment, dude. So uncool. It might be the writers trying to make us root for Spencer/Toby instead of Spencer/Wren.

No wonder Detective Holden thinks the liars killed Ali. He saw Spencer's death glare through the glass. I would have thought Spencer dunnit too.

I hate how stupid Emily is these days. She takes no care to protect herself. Why would she go to the barn alone when she knew it's an A trap. Argh, I wanted to shake her!

Please please please make Jason Spencer's brother! It would be the best inappropriate sibling chemistry since Michael/Gob. I notice that Jason's hairstyle has improved. Phew, I was just bitching about that a few posts ago. Hey, Jase also has a cleft chin...

Bec

Bec

Fanatic

Posted Aug 31, 2011 @ 9:31 AM

Emily's dress wasn't white, it was more of a very light blue-gray with white polka dots. It sure did look white on screen for much of the episode, though.

Myrrhine

Myrrhine

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 31, 2011 @ 9:38 AM

Emily's dress wasn't white, it was more of a very light blue-gray with white polka dots. It sure did look white on screen for much of the episode, though.

You are right. It was still really ugly though.