3-10: "Who Will Prove to be Shear Genius?" 2010.04.07

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

151 replies to this topic

TWoP Tennison

TWoP Tennison

Fanatic

• Interests:Moderating

Posted Apr 7, 2010 @ 4:49 AM

The final three must each style six models for a fashion show.

snippysnarker

snippysnarker

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 7, 2010 @ 10:01 PM

Someone shoot me. I cannot believe the urine-haired girl actually won. Most importantly, I cannot believe that a 'stylist' who rarely actually worked with her model's given hair won this competition.

HotToddy

HotToddy

Channel Surfer

Well, that was a crock. She hasn't styled real hair in weeks and she wins? I call bullshit.

ownedby4cats

ownedby4cats

Channel Surfer

You have got to be kidding me

Bravo is dead to me now!

LetsGoPens

LetsGoPens

Loyal Viewer

...This is a joke, right?

That didn't make any sense at all. Matthew's work was BEAUTIFUL. Brig's was awful (as she was through the whole competition) and didn't even use the models hair. I didn't realize this was a hair accessories competition.

Rozzie

Rozzie

Fanatic

Posted Apr 7, 2010 @ 10:02 PM

Shenanigans! Shear Genius is full of them!

CrumbyButtons

CrumbyButtons

Stalker

• Interests:Gardening

Posted Apr 7, 2010 @ 10:03 PM

Which is worse, giant bow or tiny hat? Where does one even buy such things?

Henry Duarte has such stupid hair, it's even worse than Gene Simmons. That's bad.

Brig doesn't do hair, she does craft projects with extensions. In a real runway show, that idea could have been cool if executed better. But for a hairstyling competition, let's just say I totally agreed with Jonathan Antin.

Janine. Zzzzzzzz. Agreed with Camilla, nothing new.

Matthew's was cool, but I think he needed some editing. IMO, the zippers didn't add much, except to say "hey! zippers!"

This show is so lame. They praised Matthew and Brig and were "meh" on Janine. And yet they eliminate Matthew first! The judging made it so obvious that between Brig and Janine they judges liked Brig's better. A little suspense would have been nice.

So what did I learn? Hair is important. And this show is stupid.

Mothmonster Man

Mothmonster Man

Loyal Viewer

Brig, hmm, I wish I could feel happy for her, but she was obnoxious. I can usually like people other people can't stand-but there is something about Brig that annoyed even me. I can really see why people wouldn't like her. I also feel like she struggled a lot during the competition or was just, meh. I felt the guy was better overall. I'm surprised he didn't make it to at least the final two. But, I've never liked the winner they have picked.

tintom

tintom

Loyal Viewer

Let's see, Brig basically puts all her models in a bun and puts fake hair wrapped in tape on their heads and wins? Wow, I thought the point of this show was to see actual hair styled, guess not.

isiscloud

isiscloud

Stalker

I cannot believe that bitch won. With that crap.

Unf***ingbelievable.

BullSh"".

Matthew or Janine should have won. I wish Janine had done more with her hair, but it was impeccable.

I didn't like Matthew's bald caps, but I get it and like that he just took out all the stops.

Brig did not do hair. She colored some extensions and slapped them on the models' head and that's it.

ETA:

So what did I learn? Hair is important. And this show is stupid.

It isn't even important. Extensions are important.

Edited by isiscloud, Apr 7, 2010 @ 10:05 PM.

Tunia

Tunia

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 7, 2010 @ 10:05 PM

Are these judges on crack?

missbonnie

missbonnie

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 7, 2010 @ 10:06 PM

What the fuck? Seriously? Brig? That's the last time I waste my life watching this crap. My sixteen year old can paste hair onto plastic and stick it in her hair better than that shit. UNREAL.

Studentpilot

Studentpilot

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 7, 2010 @ 10:07 PM

I am very grateful for this site. Came home, logged on, read the forum, found out that no-talent bitch won and immediately deleted the episode from the DVR playlist. Thanks for saving me wasting an hour of my life.

nichelle

nichelle

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 7, 2010 @ 10:08 PM

Really? REALLY?

I missed the first half of the show and was going to wait until the later broadcast to watch the entire episode. I'm glad I decided to just tune in half way through. That's 30 fewer minutes than I would have wasted if I'd waited.

isiscloud

isiscloud

Stalker

Posted Apr 7, 2010 @ 10:08 PM

Wish I could say the same thing, Studentpilot. Unfortunately, that's an hour I'll never have back.

Also, you can find the tiny hats quite a few places. Claires, and probably Hot Topic. Very Gothy these days.

CrumbyButtons

CrumbyButtons

Stalker

• Interests:Gardening

Posted Apr 7, 2010 @ 10:11 PM

It isn't even important. Extensions are important.

Ah, yes! I stand corrected!

Also, you can find the tiny hats quite a few places. Claires, and probably Hot Topic. Very Gothy these days

I didn't know that! I guess because, like Janine, I'm a grown up and have no business dressing Hot Topic-y and Gothy.

Edited by CrumbyButtons, Apr 7, 2010 @ 10:14 PM.

jamikohn

jamikohn

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 7, 2010 @ 10:12 PM

More important than hair is that I now have at least an hour a week of my life back, as I will never watch this travesty of a show again. And this is from someone that watches Jerseylicious...and its reruns.

Although, I would be willing to watch Brig on my tv again - if she was on What Not To Wear.

Edited by jamikohn, Apr 7, 2010 @ 10:13 PM.

Mad Menopause

Mad Menopause

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 7, 2010 @ 10:13 PM

The way I felt when Brig won was the same as when OJ won.

AnonymissViewer

AnonymissViewer

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 7, 2010 @ 10:15 PM

Urrrggh! There are no words, other than dirty ones, to express how pissed off I am that Brig won!!! Am actually hair stylist (albeit new to the industry) and her win is just a disgusting insult. Ugh, never watching show again. Clearly they were more seduced by the bullshit concept of "fashion forward" over actual talent.

(I knew when I saw Johnathan's face when they brought the stylists back. He looked like he'd just swallowed a big bag of shit.)

LivenLetLive

LivenLetLive

Fanatic

Posted Apr 7, 2010 @ 10:15 PM

Henry Duarte has such stupid hair

Hair? Surely that was a wig. What a hideous little troll. As for Brig--no Brig I will never see Simi Fucking Valley as a center of chic or hipness so save your breath sister.

Denna5

Denna5

Just Tuned In

Posted Apr 7, 2010 @ 10:23 PM

This is my first time posting because I might explode otherwise.
I know most of this was producer meddling but it was still just plain silly and not in a fun way.
And the poster who said they would watch brig on what not to wear she was already on it. He sister was the one with no style however. She looked normal which is why I feel much of what she did on the show was a game.

iri

iri

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 7, 2010 @ 10:24 PM

Boy, everyone's collections were awful. The clotted skullcaps, the matted clumpy straight hair ending in afro puffs, the "fun with scotch tape"? That's all they could come up with? When I saw that Janine was sending the bikini hair down the runway a bunch of times, I knew it wasn't going to be a good day. It's as if they all had one good idea and then failed trying to come up with 5 other ones.

Is it me, or did Henry Duarte look like the Latino Ricky Gervais (wig included)??

pinky5

pinky5

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 7, 2010 @ 10:24 PM

Really? REALLY?

I missed the first half of the show and was going to wait until the later broadcast to watch the entire episode. I'm glad I decided to just tune in half way through. That's 30 fewer minutes than I would have wasted if I'd waited.

DITTO

I seriously thought they were joking or someone was dreaming...No way did that freakazoid who has done a shitty job from day one win. When I realized it was real, I screamed out "No fucking way!"

Deleted and done with this show. I can't believe I wasted any moments of my life watching puke haired woman and inarticulate, speech impaired idiotic Camilla (or however the fuck you spell her name).

Cyranetta

Cyranetta

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 7, 2010 @ 10:26 PM

Gag.

For all the frenzied "work" it took to get the supposed winning looks, it reminded me of nothing so much as grabbing the last sad bouquets on sale at a major grocery chain because you're running short of time for a dinner party.

iri

iri

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 7, 2010 @ 10:28 PM

I actually liked Camilla. She had an opinion during judging and it made sense most of the time. Compared to some of the heads on a stick you see on other reality competition shows, she did great. English isn't her first language, obviously, but she did not come off as uneducated or stupid.

LivenLetLive

LivenLetLive

Fanatic

Posted Apr 7, 2010 @ 10:30 PM

BTW that tired get-up that Brig was sporting reminded me of that old Cheech Marin character, "Alice Bowie" from "Up in Smoke" the first Cheech and Chong Movie made in the 1970's---which just goes to how how unoriginal Brig really is, and how hard she tries to fly the Freak Flag.

breathespink

breathespink

Couch Potato

• Interests:writing, baking, shopping, volunteering, feeding my addiction to Vh1 "reality" shows

Posted Apr 7, 2010 @ 10:32 PM

And the poster who said they would watch brig on what not to wear she was already on it.

As a hairstylist.

We want to see her on WNTW as a contestant going through her horrible clothes and getting her hair color normal.

mtnrunner

mtnrunner

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 7, 2010 @ 10:33 PM

Wow! That was unbelievable. The person who never really did hair won. Why did Bravo bring this show back just to kill it like that?!?

Miss Mia

Miss Mia

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 7, 2010 @ 10:49 PM

Brig wins and with that, the sharks finish off the last crumbs of flesh, bone, and blood that make up this show. A show so bad that it couldn't even clear the shark when it jumped over it.

Edited by Miss Mia, Apr 8, 2010 @ 11:17 PM.

Eluvre

Eluvre

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 7, 2010 @ 10:55 PM

Say, What?!

I can't believe this! Wow! Matthew should have won. He gave Henry Duarte exactly what he wanted. Matthew's hairstyles looked funky chic, futuristic and complimented the designer's line of clothing.

Janine's hairstyles bored me.

Brig's 'hairstyles?' reminded me of a shower cap. I just didn't see anything appealing with her work.

I'm done. Shear Genius is SO over for me.