Speculation Without Spoilers

• Please log in to reply

1926 replies to this topic

Xbones

Xbones

Fanatic

Posted Jan 10, 2012 @ 6:09 PM

That's a nice thought AuntiPam, especially if Skye is in prison.

IAmTheLiquor

IAmTheLiquor

Just Tuned In

Posted Jan 12, 2012 @ 10:47 PM

Hello TWoP world, this is my first post. Here's something I think would be a cool development in the final season.
Everyone is asking "what's the significance of Hank's rocks?" Well, besides a symbol of crystal meth and a way for Hank to keep himself occupied, I think there could be one more function for the minerals.
We remember the scene where Hank is telling Walt about his minerals, and Walt is feigning interest so as not to hurt Hank's feelings. I think there was more to this scene that was not shown in last season. As Walt pretends to be more and more interested in Hank's minerals, Hank actually believes that Walt cares. Walt does not care, but Hank's mind is in a state that needs stimulation. Before the accident he would have known that Walt didnt give a damn about the rocks, and Hank wouldnt have cared. Anyways, Hank offers Walt one small mineral that Walt pretended to be interested in. It made Hank feel good giving Walt something and sharing an interest.
Fast forward to final season.
The laundry facility is a mass of ashy ruins. The DEA searches through the debris and concludes that this was the meth lab, but they don't find anything conclusive. In addition, Gus is dead and they don't really care. Hank, however, has all the time in the world to look through all the evidence he has collected until one day he opens a small evidence bag and discovers a golf ball sized rock covered mostly in ash. Wiping off the ash he realizes that this is one of the same minerals that he has collected. It doesnt dawn on him immediately, but after finding out the he is the only person in New Mexico who has purchased this rare mineral and Walt is one of the only people in New Mexico with enough chemistry knowledge to operate the lab, he concludes that Walt is Heisenberg.
This would all happen over 1 or 2 episodes, and what happens next, who knows....
so what do you think? too cheesy for breaking bad or would you guys like to see this in the show?

petriccione

petriccione

Just Tuned In

Posted Jan 12, 2012 @ 11:35 PM

Hmmm I like your theory liquor. Might be a little far fetched but it is better than nothing and anything breaking bad related over the hiatus is good haha. I do not recall if we ever saw what happened to the mineral. Did he give it to Walt? Did Walt keep it? leave it at the lab? I would have to re watch.

thatguy01

thatguy01

Fanatic

Posted Jan 16, 2012 @ 8:13 PM

Unlikely Dialog in S5: "Gus Fring probably operated the biggest meth lab and distribution network in the southwest under our noses? Whadda ya know. But he's dead now, so we can stop investigating him and the businesses that he ran."

The Albuquerque office of the DEA is going to be obsessed with investigating Gus' criminal network. They don't even know that Gus is the head of the network. All they know (can reasonably assume) is that Gus was the proprietor and financier of the lab that Gale Boetticher operated under a commercial laundry that belonged to a third party company. Everyone else who worked in that network the day that Gus got blowed up is still alive (except Tio Hector), and at least one of them had contact with Gus somehow, including someone in the third party company. They can't even explain Gus' involvement in the business. Maybe he and Gale got the idea to go into the drug business a few months ago (introduction of the blue meth) and got killed by the distributors or by rival suppliers.

No one in law enforcement even knows whether Gus built the lab under the laundry on his own or as an employee of the laundry owners.

Rex Hamilton

Rex Hamilton

Just Tuned In

Posted Jan 28, 2012 @ 6:08 PM

Walter White will find out that he's no longer in remission. Hank's medical bills are getting more and more expensive so Walter decides that with Fring out of the way, there's nothing stopping him from making more money by cooking and dealing meth. However, there are a few problems. Walter wants Jesse to come back to work but Jesse isn't motivated to continue after everything that happened.

There's also the distribution problem. Walter knows how to cook meth but he's not a career criminal so he doesn't have many contacts. He will need to convince Mike to come work for him and if he does this he will solve another problem; lack of enforcers. Walter will quickly convince Jesse that they have to keep going and although he will recruit Mike, Walter knows that Mike will never trust him so he will have to keep an eye on him. Since Jesse and Mike have formed somewhat of a bond, Walter needs to find someone he can trust to keep an eye on things. Enter Hank.

Once Hank recovers he will begin asking Walter questions about how he managed to pay his medical expenses. Hank will not buy Walter's gambling story and will continue to press Walter for answers until Walter finally snaps and reveals everything to Hank. Hank is furious at Walter for doing this to his family and threatens to arrest him and Walter responds by telling Hank that if he does this, he will be the one who ruins their family. He explains why he chose this path and reveals how much money he is making.

Although Hank has recovered he has some lingering health issues and the DEA will not give him his old job back. They offer him a desk job which offends him. Walter can sense this and manipulates Hank into joining him. Hank becomes Walter's #1 man and butts heads with Jesse and Mike but Walter is the new boss and he ensures that everyone keeps the peace. Walter's intelligence and knowledge of chemistry, combined with Jesse's street skills, Mike's connections & Hank's inside information about the DEA and other drug dealers and cartels make this group one of the most powerful criminal organizations in the U.S. and they will soon be noticed by other powerful organizations who are willing to find out what this new group is made of.

Fring's reputation kept most of his competition at bay. Walter won't have this luxury.

johnp

johnp

Just Tuned In

Posted Feb 13, 2012 @ 2:32 AM

Hey Breaking Bad fans. I have a very strong opinion on what we will see happen this next season! Here is my list of "clues" that I think fore tells what to and more importantly who to expect. Of course this is just what I am noticing and you might not think this important at all. If anyone can explain all these "coincidences" I would love to hear it. I am open to any criticisms!!

Season One
Ep. 1. How did Walt kill his first victim?
Ep. 7. Making the thermite in kitchen. What was the example of thermites effectiveness did Walt tell Jessie?

Season Two
Ep. 7. DEA office in Texas. What does Hank say you don't wear when trying to catch "somone"?

Season 3.
Ep.5. Gus telling Walt in the lab what a man does. ( Ya, that's a stretch)
Ep.7. Young Hector on the cell phone. Who is the "Big Generalissimo"? What makes
South Americans "dirty,dirty people"?
Ep.9. What is the trademark at the bottom of the TV ad?

Season 4.
Ep. 2. At Jessies house. Badger and Skinny Pete. Their not just zombies their what?
Ep 4. Hank talking to Walt about a case he is working on. Who is the "mystery man" and
what "was" he?
Ep.6. How were the truck guards killed?
Ep.7. Hank in DEA office. Who owns Los Pollos Hermanos?
Why wasn't Madrigal Electrmotive paid for air filter?
Why did Madrigals lawyer ask Hank for his badge number?
Why is there no info on Gus before 1989?
Pinochet ??
Ep. 8. Mike, nothing on Gus before 89.
At Pool. "They don' look like brothers to me" ????
At pool. Don Eladio" I know who you are" Who ? " You're not in Chile" So?
Ep.11. Hank and Walt in car. "Madrigal owns laundry too"
What all does Madrigal own?
What was "3 Days of the Condor" about?
Ep.12. Marie asks Hank why he can't make Walt come to house. His answer?
Maries response to Hanks answer?
Gomez says the laundry is clean. Hank "So he says" ???

tijdetijde tijd

tijdetijde tijd

Just Tuned In

Posted Apr 7, 2012 @ 1:14 AM

Here's an idea: Saul's "clean" money came from Ice Station Zebra, which is also the name of a movie. ISZ has been mentioned several times, so I doubt it's just a throwaway joke. I haven't seen the film yet, but Wiki says its plot involves a hunt for a camera and film, as well as sabotage and a double cross.

So now I'm thinking about two things: the surveillance footage on Gus's Pollos computer, and the fact that Saul's office is also rigged with cameras (as evidenced by his minisode). Could we see an eventual showdown with Saul over damning recorded evidence? Perhaps he gets into a tight spot himself (implicated in Brock's poisoning, maybe?) and winds up working with law enforcement, either in a sting or by turning over secret tapes of Walt, Jesse & co, Which Saul recorded and squirreled away as an insurance policy.

Booji

Booji

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 29, 2012 @ 7:17 PM

OK, I'm going to do my Nostradamus impersonation here and like Nostradamus, if I only get 1% of it right I will come out looking great!

Season 5

Walt and Jesse will take over the lab in Mexico since Jesse has proven that the lab down there can produce just as high quality blue as the laundry lab as long as Walt/Jesse are running it. It is like a lock and a key, they need a lab and there is a lab that needs someone to run it since Gus killed all the heavies in Mexico. It would take too long to set up a lab again in the US and cost too much.

Gus Fring was the son of Che Guevara, that is the reason that the Cartel would not kill him. I see some clues that point to this, Max was a bio-chemist, Guevara had a friend who was a bio-chemist and traveled with him in Chile, the dates would seem to match up with Gus's age(close enough for TV anyway), Gus was going to kill Hector with an injection(like a doctor) Guevara was a doctor. I think Hector killed Max to settle an old score with Guevara, he could not kill Guevara or Gus, so he took his revenge on the next best thing, the lover of the son of Guevara.

Gray Matter and Madrigal Electromotive are related in some way, maybe subsidiaries of a larger company, or maybe one actually owns the other. Walt will find he is working for the same company he was pushed out of.

Skyler/Walt will buy Beneke Fabricators and use it to launder money from the drug business.

Mike will come back and work for Walt/Jesse.

I think that Gus's contact in the DEA will be revealed, I think it may be Hank's boss or Steve Gomez.

I do not think Walt will do meth, the story has gone on too long for that, Walt doing drugs would give his character a moral "out",(well if Walt had stayed off the drugs he would not have done all the evil he did, one could say), I think Walt doing drugs would be a shortcut in his character development. So, no drugs for Walt.

I think Walt/Skyler's daughter will be killed by actions instigated by Walt, maybe not directly, but perhaps like the people on the airplane were killed, indirectly by him.

Jesse and Skyler will hook up for a night of bliss when Walt is busy.

I can't wait for the show to come back on, I hope they do all of season 5 without splitting it up into two seasons.

Booji

Booji

Channel Surfer

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 11:34 AM

I am really going out on a limb here, I think Walt poisoned Brock and he used a new pet as the delivery method. He could have synthesized the poison from the Lilly and then bought a pet from the pet store and coated the fur of the animal with it, the child played with the pet and then put his fingers into his mouth, Walt could have left the pet on the doorstep of their new house as an anonymous house-warming gift. In the final Lilly scene in Face Off, look at the price tag stain on the pot.

If you flip the scene around, part of the stain looks like the head of an animal, it even has an eye in it. A pet rat or maybe a pet cat or dog? It may not mean anything, but the stain on the pot looks like an animal to me, is VG trying to give us a clue here?

ConstableClyde

ConstableClyde

Channel Surfer

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 4:21 PM

I really like the pet delivery method idea. Very clever and could easily work.

thatguy01

thatguy01

Fanatic

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 11:18 AM

I think that Gus's contact in the DEA will be revealed, I think it may be Hank's boss or Steve Gomez.

Do we know that Gus had his own major contact in the DEA? We saw Gus getting information about the DEA from other sources, and Gus was surprised and a bit panicked to be summoned to an interrogation by Gomie and Hank's boss.

Mike called Gus to tell him that Hank was on the outs. Gus would already have that information from his own man.

Tyrus called Gus to tell him that Hector was leaving the DEA office. If Gus had Hank's boss or Gomie in his pocket, he'd know that Hector gave the DEA nothing. Instead, Gus concluded from Tyrus' observation that Hector was spilling to the DEA, which drew Gus into the trap.

If Gomie is Gus' man, so is the dog handler who sniffed the laundry. There's no way that Gomie would have investigated the laundry with an honest dog handler if Gomie knew that drugs might be found. (If Gomie works for Gus, Gomie knows Hank is following the right track, even if Gomie doesn't know the exact location of Gus' lab.) The only person pushing to investigate the laundry is Hank; Gomie can safely shake his head sadly and say that Hank is just obsessed.

Edited by thatguy01, May 4, 2012 @ 11:19 AM.

Booji

Booji

Channel Surfer

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 4:11 PM

I think Gus's contact in the DEA is used to give Gus a more strategic overview of what's going on rather than for a "battlefield" view of day to day happenings. The Juan Bolsa/Hank Schrader attacks seem to me to point to an awareness that Gus had that could not be explained by just Mike and his "operators" alone. I kind of threw in the Steve Gomez/Hanks boss thing to attract attention, but I do think that Gus had a "Deep Throat" sort of person in there somewhere.

thatguy01

thatguy01

Fanatic

Posted May 5, 2012 @ 1:38 AM

The Juan Bolsa attack didn't require any DEA input. Corruption in Mexican law enforcement is infamous. Juan Bolsa is Gus' business associate and Gus knew Juan far better than the DEA would know him.

The attack on Hank was set in motion by Gus when he gave the Cousins permission. The DEA wouldn't be any help at all because they never knew the Cousins. The person who warned Hank knew that the Cousins were in position to kill him, so both Hank and the Cousins had been tailed to that spot. The DEA wouldn't have any reason to tail Hank, and they didn't know about the Cousins.

Booji

Booji

Channel Surfer

Posted May 5, 2012 @ 8:52 AM

I have looked on this thread and you have really not done much speculating about what will happen in season 5, please open your mind to us and tell us of your theories as I have done.

Ep.7. Young Hector on the cell phone. Who is the "Big Generalissimo"? What makes
South Americans "dirty,dirty people"?

He is talking about Gus and making a possible comparison with Gus's father.

He is saying that South Americans will jump into bed with anyone that comes along, such as two guys on motorcycles just passing through, a dig against Gus's mother.

Ep. 2. At Jessies house. Badger and Skinny Pete. Their not just zombies their what?

They are Nazi zombies, I saw that as well and tried to make the connection with Pinochet, I ran it back and forth in my head for quite a while but could not make that piece fit. Could Pinochet have that sort of rep outside of Chile that would have prevented Gus from getting killed? I brainstormed on the question and I came up with Che Guevara as the person whos rep would carry that sort of weight in Latin America. When Guevara was captured in Boliva the men who caught him were ordered to kill him, but they were reluctant, so they drew straws to see which one of them would do the deed. Could the Cartel have the same reluctance in killing the possible son of Guevara? Gus would still want to hide his identity from any right-wing death squads that might bump into him. To kill the son of Guevara would be quite a prize for them.

It could very well be Pinochet though, that story line could work as well too. Gus would still have to hide his identity from any leftists that were out to avenge the crimes of Pinochet. So you could be right.

What was "3 Days of the Condor" about?

It was about a CIA man who became a target after another group of people inside the CIA thought that he had seen information that would have led their operation to be exposed. I assume you are hinting that Hank is making himself a target of an unknown person or people inside the DEA that have a stake in what happens to the drug operation that Gus is managing. Perhaps it is like "3 days" where the people who are really pulling the strings are much higher up and not seen, maybe Gus's arrangement with these people is much like Walt's arrangement with Gus where Gus is simply the manager of the drug franchise and most of the profits go to the higher ups.

thatguy01

thatguy01

Fanatic

Posted May 5, 2012 @ 10:27 AM

I have looked on this thread and you have really not done much speculating about what will happen in season 5, please open your mind to us and tell us of your theories as I have done.

I think what we've seen is more or less what there was to know. I don't think that the characters we know have secret alliances with or against each other that we don't know. As viewers, we know much more than the characters.

For the sake of the story, Gus could have a business partner who will try to put together how Gus got killed and how to restart the business. There must be someone inside Madrigal who knows Gus. I don't think Gus owned Madrigal himself, but IIRC Don Eladio told Gus that he'd be dead if he weren't protected by other people.

Booji

Booji

Channel Surfer

Posted May 5, 2012 @ 11:38 AM

I would agree to that if it were any other show, but within the first few episodes of season one that I watched I started to see references to David Lynch and his films and TV show Twin Peaks, I could see it in the style of certain camera shots, style of music used, and how characters were introduced. I think VG and the writers are in love with David Lynch and they want to include some of the elements that Lynch includes in his works. These elements include unseen relationships between characters, the use of props in scenes to tell a story that is not obvious to casual viewing, the use of unusual music and sounds in scenes to express a mood. This would seem to be confirmed by the fact that VG is very meticulous in how a scene is set up, how certain props are used, the colors used in each scene, even the color of shirts that the actors wear (there is a story from Dean Norris of how VG had him try on a number of gray shirts before he found the "right" one). I think VG does this to tell a mysterious unseen subplot that may offer clues to the story.

I think it is OK for someone to view BB and just enjoy the story for what they see without seeing any of the hidden stuff. For those of us familiar with Lynch and his films we may see more and enjoy the story more in the process. I would not have given BB any more thought about anything being hidden if they had not included all the Lynchesque elements that alerted me to look closer at what I saw.

thatguy01

thatguy01

Fanatic

Posted May 5, 2012 @ 1:06 PM

There can be reveals. But I'm certain that there will not be reveals that are inconsistent with previous information about characters.

And stuff like costuming and set decoration is detailed and considered, but that's shading and highlighting, not plot. Sometimes, a cigar is just a cigar. Costuming and set decoration also are subject to practicality and budget; eg, Walt's Azteks are painted to a special color that comments on Walt, but they couldn't justify painting Marie's Beetle to a perfect purple color for a couple of scenes. Walt's bachelor apartment is Vince's own Albuquerque home, presumably because it's adequate for their purpose and it's available on demand.

But, yeah, I'm the kind of jerk who's gonna squash stuff like "Walt Jr's really a robot!" instead of contributing it.

JOnanGoopta

JOnanGoopta

Fanatic

Posted May 10, 2012 @ 1:44 PM

I think what we've seen is more or less what there was to know. I don't think that the characters we know have secret alliances with or against each other that we don't know.

I think this is mostly true, but that Mike may very well know more than he lets on. In fact, he may be the only character still living who knows the big picture.

LevitateMe

LevitateMe

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 11, 2012 @ 5:31 PM

I would agree to that if it were any other show, but within the first few episodes of season one that I watched I started to see references to David Lynch and his films and TV show Twin Peaks, I could see it in the style of certain camera shots, style of music used, and how characters were introduced. I think VG and the writers are in love with David Lynch and they want to include some of the elements that Lynch includes in his works. These elements include unseen relationships between characters, the use of props in scenes to tell a story that is not obvious to casual viewing, the use of unusual music and sounds in scenes to express a mood. This would seem to be confirmed by the fact that VG is very meticulous in how a scene is set up, how certain props are used, the colors used in each scene, even the color of shirts that the actors wear (there is a story from Dean Norris of how VG had him try on a number of gray shirts before he found the "right" one). I think VG does this to tell a mysterious unseen subplot that may offer clues to the story.

I think it is OK for someone to view BB and just enjoy the story for what they see without seeing any of the hidden stuff. For those of us familiar with Lynch and his films we may see more and enjoy the story more in the process. I would not have given BB any more thought about anything being hidden if they had not included all the Lynchesque elements that alerted me to look closer at what I saw.

Booji my mind is wide open, but BB is not Twin Peaks or Eraserhead and isn't meant to be. Yes of course there is symbolism, through use of colors, objects, songs/sounds, recurring imagery, etc that helps to tell the story. More so than the average show, definitely. You may be right, all these Easter eggs along the way may be leading us to some totally not predictable as per the obvious plotline result. OR- it's possible that VG is a serious movie buff (which we know is true) and a control freak (we also know this is true) and likes to mess with the hardcore fans (I don't know this is true, but assume it is bc he seems to be quite the prankster on set). But I believe the symbolism here is supportive of the story we perceive as going on around us, not to some other hidden meaning, and the idea that in order to truly understand BB you have to be a Lynch fan or familiar with his work is kind of... out there/aggrandized. Which I am BTW (a fan of DL and his work). I don't think the people who make this show are like him or ever thought of writing a show that all the while had a hidden subtext only perceptible to those who are familar with Lynchian style. No offense to Mr. Lynch, but he is an art snob (what other director would collaborate w a fashion designer to make over $2k shoes that cannot actually be worn for anything-- walking included-- other than S&M purposes, truly, bc its art?? that's an art snob) and the guys/gals who are creating BB are the opposite of that. They are down to earth people. I just can't see them wanting to tell one story to a more "informed" audience and a lesser one to the regular folk. And I can't see VG having been through the X-Files and wanting to again embark on telling a very convoluted story-- I think he bottled this show as best he could, in terms of both its duration and # of main characters, precisely to avoid falling into traps like that again.

I agree that there is likely more meaning to things (objects/colors) we have seen so far than we realize at this point-- the painting in Walt's room now that was in the dr's office when he got his cancer diagnosis, the repeated references to Ice Station Zebra Associates, etc - these are examples of clues I think that are layered into the storytelling. There are certainly lots. But I do believe they support the story we perceive not an unknown one, and not every utterance or tv show playing in the background of the shot is meant to be taken as informative to the ultimate plot. And I definitely don't think the Nazi Zombie comments by Badger and Skinny P are meant to in any way somehow clue us in that Gus is related to either Pinochet or Guevera, and that even that idea is a bit facile for this show. That would be the easy easy way out-- make Gus the son of someone infamous/scary/known name to the average viewer thereby explaining the S. American/Chilean connection, and this show does not take the easy way out, or at least hasn't so far. But overall though your premise that there is almost a second story going on a la Twin Peaks I think is flawed, I think VG et al would view that as at worst blatant plagarism, at best completely unoriginal, and that's just not congruent with anything the folks who make this show have put out there in terms of what they want to accomplish with this show. I truly think they are trying to tell a painfully honest, complex original story which completely goes against such a theory.

Booji

Booji

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 12, 2012 @ 2:44 PM

I agree, the symbolism shown on the show supports the existing storyline, it is not telling another story unrelated to Breaking Bad. I think the symbolism is trying to give the viewer clues as to how the story will end, that is what I meant by the hidden meaning. I do not think VG would just throw these elements into the story to just show us that he likes old movies. He has certainly gone to a lot of trouble to add all these images. I would also agree that Lynch can be overindulgent with his work, I do not like some of the stuff he has done either.

As for the Guevara angle, that is the only person I could come up with that would have kept Gus alive, I considered Pinochet, but I thought Guevara had more connections with the clues I saw: the red/yellow theme (communist flag), the raised fist in the back of Jesse's car, the sickle drawn in front of Walt's house, Gus's friend being a bio-chemist, the Guevara laundry connection, the communist collage at the atomic museum. It may not be Guevara, but it has got to be someone important.

Any writer who would put a hidden message in the numbers a bingo caller(Face Off) calls out is definitely not taking the easy way out.

What I really like about all of this is that it will be testable against the plot of Breaking Bad, and if these clues really mean something.

Xbones

Xbones

Fanatic

Posted Jun 12, 2012 @ 6:55 PM

If anyone has listend to VG on the podcast you would know he LOVES old movies, especially westerns. So I'm going to go with what Levit said. Don't think he's like Lynch.

thatguy01

thatguy01

Fanatic

Posted Jun 13, 2012 @ 9:21 AM

Any writer who would put a hidden message in the numbers a bingo caller(Face Off) calls out is definitely not taking the easy way out.

There's hidden messages and then there are gags that the writers do more or less for themselves and the amusement of people who notice stuff like this. The bingo caller needs to be given a script of numbers to read, if only for the sake of continuity, so why not make it fun with an easter egg?

Booji

Booji

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 13, 2012 @ 11:48 AM

The message uses the bingo callers letters/numbers and Hector's board to reveal the ending of the Face Off episode, I think it's cool and interesting, I would rather watch Breaking Bad like this and notice and try to interpret these details than watching it like a video game, that would seem boring.

I did not reveal the message here since it would be a spoiler for that episode.

thatguy01

thatguy01

Fanatic

Posted Jun 13, 2012 @ 12:20 PM

We may be talking in circles, but I wouldn't classify Hector's ouija board as a coded message or symbol (eg, "everyone who ever eats an orange dies"). Just a different, fun way for Hector give his punchlines.

Booji

Booji

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 13, 2012 @ 2:29 PM

This thread is called "Speculation Without Spoilers", I can say what the message is and how I found it, but I think that would violate the rules here, wouldn't it? If a moderator OK's it, I will explain.

thatguy01

thatguy01

Fanatic

Posted Jun 13, 2012 @ 3:10 PM

AFAIK, speculation in this thread based on the content of programs that have been broadcast is okay, whether or not the spoiler community knows the truth about future episodes. If you don't know the real answers, you can safely post your theories in here, whether or not they're known to be true in the spoiler community. Some of the theories in this thread will be shown true in time (eg, lily of the valley) and some not.

If you actually know a real spoiler, you probably shouldn't go back and assemble all the clues (real or imagined) in the eps that have been broadcast and then present it as either theory or fact in this thread.

The spoilers thread probably is the place to discuss known spoilers and how they have been foreshadowed (eg, if you know facts about Season 5 that can be predicted by the bingo scenes in S4, you probably shouldn't bring it up here now).

But I'm not a mod.

Booji

Booji

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 13, 2012 @ 7:33 PM

That's what I thought , the bingo scene only pertains to what happens in Face Off and does not pertain to season 5.

TWoP Pembleton

TWoP Pembleton

TWoP Moderator

Posted Jun 13, 2012 @ 7:36 PM

Yes, if it has already aired in the US, it's not a spoiler on these forums.

LevitateMe

LevitateMe

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 15, 2012 @ 12:11 PM

Spill Booji-- what is it? I don't have FaceOff on DVR anymore and AMC is so crotchety about posting OnDemand in advance of a new season..... and I'm just going to end up buying the DVD for the commentary anyway.

Just to be clear again I do totally agree with you there is a lot going on in this show that is not overt, is highly symbolic, and that the writers are certainly not lazy. I think the famous S. American dictator/rebel angle-- ie Gus was directly related to them-- would be a bit of an easy out for them, so I do kind of expect more when we get a complex explanation of who Gus was (RIP) and why he was allowed to live back by the pool when Max met his end. But I do really love that this show makes you think about stuff like this, and forces you to pay attention if you really want to get it, frankly it's kind of spoiled me from watching shows that spoonfeed you every detail let alone don't add in this additional layer. And I also love that there are others out there as into it as I am, so welcome!

And I totally agree w thatguy01 that whatever this reveal was is an AWESOME way to give Hector a punchline!

marioninnyc

marioninnyc

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 16, 2012 @ 5:34 PM

I'm going back to the 3 Days of the Condor mention as well. The corruption goes sky high. Madrigal is a big multi-national but also involved in Gus's business. I'm betting that Grey Matters is involved as well even if Gretchen and possibly the others have no explicit knowledge of this. I'm sure Gus had someone inside the DEA. I don't think it's Gomez. We still haven't seen Gus's family who have been referred to. They haven't been home at the house when he's had guests. My guess is they probably spent most of their time elsewhere otherwise we would have heard more about them. I'm wondering if the widow Fring will be a character next season. It seems like this is going in the direction of tragedy and Walt will die, but Junior will probably die first, a direct or indirect casualty. On the other hand, this is a show that consistently screws with our expectations.