BB Cast In Other Roles

• Please log in to reply

253 replies to this topic

Chained Melody

Chained Melody

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 4, 2012 @ 3:08 PM

James Ponsoldt discusses Smashed

No film clips, just a film still of Aaron Paul and his co-star, but the director talks about their characters and their struggles with alcohol.

peeayebee

peeayebee

Stalker

Posted Feb 16, 2012 @ 11:41 AM

Giancarlo's going to guest on Community!!!

peeayebee

peeayebee

Stalker

Posted Mar 1, 2012 @ 5:49 PM

I had to do a double-take as I saw Tyrus (Ray Campbell) in a Ace hardware commercial. He's a store clerk who's helping a woman pick the perfect shade of purple.

Chained Melody

Chained Melody

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 1, 2012 @ 7:47 PM

I had to do a double-take as I saw Tyrus (Ray Campbell) in a Ace hardware commercial. He's a store clerk who's helping a woman pick the perfect shade of purple.

Was it Betsy Brandt?

peeayebee

peeayebee

Stalker

Posted Mar 1, 2012 @ 7:55 PM

HA! I didn't even think about that! (Sadly, no, it wasn't.)

Chained Melody

Chained Melody

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 1, 2012 @ 9:58 PM

Aaron Paul and Mary Elisabeth Winstead talk about Smashed - 30 minute video interview from Sundance.

myname2use4now

myname2use4now

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 25, 2012 @ 8:24 AM

Anyone see the add for "Don't Trust the B--- In Apartment 23", a new show staring Krysten Ritter (aka Jane Margolis)? Here's the link...make sure you watch it until the very, very end!

Don't Trust the B In Apartment 23 Promo

Jst

Jst

Channel Surfer

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 12:18 AM

I saw this mentioned once here, but I'll bring it up again. Mike was the villian's right-hand man in Beverly Hills Cop. He looked way different--much younger and no facial hair. He would always call Eddie Murphy 'Cuz', was beat up by EM once or twice, and finally his torso was perforated by multiple bullets toward the end of the film.

shapeshifter

shapeshifter

Fanatic

Posted May 5, 2012 @ 12:36 AM

Apartment 23", a new show staring Krysten Ritter

She was on David Letterman this past week. She was so vibrant and witty, totally the opposite of Jane, which made it clear that she's a great actress and not just a pretty face who lucked into a role where she could play herself.

jbethea

jbethea

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 22, 2012 @ 7:56 AM

did no one else see Giancarlo Esposito on Community the other night? so awesome!

Myndela

Myndela

Fanatic

Posted May 26, 2012 @ 12:47 PM

Me the the missus were watching "Trading Places" with Dan Akroyd and Eddie Murphy last night, and she noticed that a very, very, very young Giancarlo Esposito was in the jail cell with Eddie Murphy after he gets arrested at the beginning of the movie.

birdythurs

birdythurs

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 2, 2012 @ 9:57 PM

Esposito's currently on Broadway in a play called Storefront Church. AMC's blog posted a link to an interview that touches on his own background and a little bit of his other roles.

Also, Esposito plays the head of the militia in the new NBC series Revolution, something about what happens when we lose all forms of electric power. I find it amusing that he's highlighted in every every review and writeup. All of them say something along the lines of "blah-blah-apocalyptic-blah-blah GUS!!!" Hee. I'll try to watch the first few episodes at least, but I just hope the show doesn't go the route of Terra Nova of an interesting setup doomed by cliches that even good actors can't save.

Edited by birdythurs, Jun 12, 2012 @ 7:47 PM.

Amester0120

Amester0120

Fanatic

Posted Jun 6, 2012 @ 9:31 PM

Just watched Darren Aronofsky's film Pi and Mark Margolis (Tio Salamanca) has a very prominent role. Then I checked his IMDb and he's been in EVERY Aronofsky movie: Requiem for a Dream, The Fountain, The Wrestler and Black Swan. I'll have to get around to rewatching those and see if I can spot him!

peeayebee

peeayebee

Stalker

Posted Jun 8, 2012 @ 8:39 AM

Here's Aaron Paul in an old Corn Pops commercial.

BTW, has anyone watched Don't Trust the B*** in Apartment 23? I love that show. Krysten Ritter is hysterical. I never knew she was such a fantastic comedic actress.

Chained Melody

Chained Melody

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 13, 2012 @ 7:52 PM

Aaron Paul in talks to play lead in HBO spy drama, The Missionary

I was hoping he'd be approached for an HBO series! I really hope this series sees the light of day, especially if they film on location in Europe. Paul would play a missionary stationed in Berlin who gets involved with the CIA during the late 1960's Cold War era.

Millamant

Millamant

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 5, 2012 @ 12:41 PM

So, in Magic Mike, Channing Tatum goes to try to get a loan with his stripper cash. I recognized the loan officer from her voice before they showed her: Betsy Brandt!

Don't think she was wearing purple, but she had her usual flustered quality.

shriekingeel

shriekingeel

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 8, 2012 @ 4:35 PM

Saw Giancarlo as a Bubbles-type street informant on one of the burnoff episodes of NYC-22 CBS was showing the other day.

peeayebee

peeayebee

Stalker

Posted Jul 8, 2012 @ 10:42 PM

I just finished watching Flight of the Conchords -- great show -- and so I finally got to see David Costabile (Gale) as the poor husband of the fanatical fan Mel. He was so sweet. He reminded me of Gale in a way, but I know Costabile is fully capable of playing someone very UNnice, like in Damages.

MissPrism

MissPrism

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 12, 2012 @ 3:54 PM

DJ Qualls, the "go get a juice box" cop who arrested Badger, was in a Law and Order: Criminal Intent episode Scared Crazy back in 2005. I had seen it several times, so I recognized Qualls right away in BB.

peeayebee

peeayebee

Stalker

Posted Jul 17, 2012 @ 9:31 AM

Here are some clips of Giancarlo's appearances on Sesame Street when he was 24. He looks a lot younger to me. And short-shorts!

Cotton Eye Joan

Cotton Eye Joan

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 23, 2012 @ 1:09 PM

Every time I see Jonathan Banks on the screen, I think about how great he would be playing Spencer Tracy in a biopic. There are very few actors who could pull it off, between the "look" and the acting chops, but Banks could knock it out of the park.

peeayebee

peeayebee

Stalker

Posted Jul 23, 2012 @ 4:43 PM

Here is Bryan Cranston's first role, on a show called Crisis Counselor. It's a hoot and a half. (I think he's pretty bad, but the woman who plays his wife is rather good.)

Espy

Espy

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 24, 2012 @ 4:17 AM

That's pretty hilarious to watch, peeayebee. (He's handsome too!)

Spartan Girl

Spartan Girl

Fanatic

Posted Aug 2, 2012 @ 3:28 PM

I just found out Giancarlo Esposito appeared in Trading Places as one of Billy Ray Valentine's (Eddie Murphy) cellmates.

My mind. is. blown.

Chained Melody

Chained Melody

Video Archivist

Posted Aug 13, 2012 @ 12:23 PM

Aaron Paul set to star in the film adaptation of Nick Hornby's novel, A Long Way Down

The film is set to begin production next month, so he'll probably be filming right up until production of the last eight episodes of BB resumes in November. I haven't read the book, but I think it is by the same author who wrote High Fidelity. The book is about four depressed people contemplating suicide who meet on top of a skyscraper. It sounds like Aaron Paul will play the part of an American musician whose career took a nosedive and he's reduced to delivering pizzas.

peeayebee

peeayebee

Stalker

Posted Aug 13, 2012 @ 3:54 PM

I read that book! I'm looking forward to the movie.

Xbones

Xbones

Fanatic

Posted Aug 13, 2012 @ 4:04 PM

This might have been posted, but I could have sworn I saw "Badger" on old "Sex and The City" over the weekend.

louguzzo

louguzzo

Just Tuned In

Posted Aug 15, 2012 @ 10:12 AM

Watched "Reign Over Me" the other night - Jane's dad AND Mike are in that movie!

birdythurs

birdythurs

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 15, 2012 @ 2:05 PM

Apparently this week AMC's doing reruns of CSI: MIami with the theme "Before They Were Stars," showing current AMC actors in guest spots. In the promo I caught Giancarlo Esposito and Aaron Paul (as well as Jon Hamm from Mad Men) but I haven't been that motivated to sit through the eps. Just FYI.

peeayebee

peeayebee

Stalker

Posted Aug 15, 2012 @ 6:36 PM

Yeah, I love all three of those actors, but... CSI Miami? No thanks.