jumper sage

Fanatic

Posted Sep 6, 2010 @ 1:49 AM

Who won the sauce contest?

blubld43

blubld43

Fanatic

Posted Sep 6, 2010 @ 5:29 AM

I wouldn't let that so-called "Glam Fairy" near me with a ten foot makeup brush. There is nothing about her that would inspire me to pay two cents for her "expertise". I watch a couple of these Jersey shows; really, is this "style" in the Northeast? And I don't believe for two seconds that Alexa is still in her twenties; she looks closer to late thirties to me

lola212005

lola212005

Fanatic

Posted Sep 6, 2010 @ 5:46 AM

really, is this "style" in the Northeast?

No way, I live in the northeast (New England) and this is certainly not the "style" that I typically see. Perhaps in Jersey/New York.

kacesq

kacesq

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 6, 2010 @ 9:38 AM

Perhaps in Jersey/New York.

No. The producers of all these "Jersey" shows specifically seek out participants who embody the Jersey stereotype - the animal prints, big hair, heavily-accented speech. While there ARE NJ women who do find this to be the height of style, it's not representative of NJ women as a whole. As we speak, this NJ native does not have black liner ringed around her eyes, long fake nails or a single item of animal print clothing on. :)

Scarlet39

Scarlet39

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 6, 2010 @ 9:44 AM

I'm glad to see that Olivia and Tracy really took salon superstar Edward Tricomi's advice to heart and have toned down their style. /sarc

LemonSoda

LemonSoda

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 6, 2010 @ 6:48 PM

I love Tracy's new hair color. It really brings out her eyes.

ohnoyoudident

ohnoyoudident

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 6, 2010 @ 10:30 PM

If anyone is interested, "Jerseylicious" is looking for 6 - 8 year old girls who want to get their hair and makeup done.

Ok, so the "First Communion" was contrived - just to a set up so that Olivia would be late and create drama between Gayle and Alexa.

Well, one thing I learned: there IS a Harvard of Beauty Schools in Jersey!

Countess123

Countess123

Fanatic

Posted Sep 7, 2010 @ 4:21 PM

I wouldn't let that so-called "Glam Fairy" near me with a ten foot makeup brush. There is nothing about her that would inspire me to pay two cents for her "expertise". I watch a couple of these Jersey shows; really, is this "style" in the Northeast? And I don't believe for two seconds that Alexa is still in her twenties; she looks closer to late thirties to me

Me either. She & Olivia look like their make up was applied by a blind person who had the shakes. And Alexa is so rude in front of clients that I find it hard to believe she is the #1 make up artist in New Jersey & New York.

Gayle is a wimp. No way would I tolerate the way Tracy starts screaming fights all of the time. I would never go back to a salon that had employees screaming at each other. I want to relax when I get my hair done.

All that said, I got hooked on this show & am glad it is back.

Elle34DD

Elle34DD

Fanatic

Posted Sep 7, 2010 @ 4:35 PM

I liked Tracy's mushroom 2 tone hairdo better. The new color looks better on her but the other one suited her personality better.

Loved Olivia's comment calling her an old buoy in the Hudson. Serious pudge going on in that striped dress that was way too short. Girl has some meaty thighs.

Gigi is looking good this season. Much less hard.

Fairlily26

Fairlily26

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 7, 2010 @ 4:35 PM

Gayle is a wimp. No way would I tolerate the way Tracy starts screaming fights all of the time. I would never go back to a salon that had employees screaming at each other. I want to relax when I get my hair done.

ICAM, when Gayle when outside, I was like "Oooh its on, Tracy is about to get dealt with!" Negative, and I agree with the poster upthread that said something about Alexa is off. WTF is wrong with her??

Elle34DD

Elle34DD

Fanatic

Posted Sep 7, 2010 @ 5:12 PM

and I agree with the poster upthread that said something about Alexa is off. WTF is wrong with her??

Too much glam fairy dust?

Can the continuity editors do a better job? When Tracy and Lorenzo are at the "Harvard of beauty schools", she takes the camera back when she dismisses him. But then when she goes outside to talk to him, he's holding the camera looking at the photos.

Fionas2

Fionas2

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 8, 2010 @ 10:32 AM

Having not seen this show for a while, I could hardly tell Olivia and Tracy apart at first. I turned it on during one of Tracy's talking heads and I thought "wow, what happened to Olivia, she used to be so cute and had such a cute personality". It wasn't until they showed Olivia in another scene that I realized that I had been seeing Tracy, not Olivia. Needless to say, I'm not liking T's new hair. At all.

Still love GiGi! Still hate the glam fairy. I know this show is scripted, but seriously, sex slave?

Can the continuity editors do a better job? When Tracy and Lorenzo are at the "Harvard of beauty schools", she takes the camera back when she dismisses him. But then when she goes outside to talk to him, he's holding the camera looking at the photos.

I caught that, too! Sloppy work, editors.

Edited by Fionas2, Sep 8, 2010 @ 10:33 AM.

spankydoll

spankydoll

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 8, 2010 @ 7:21 PM

What is Alexa drinking? I am thinking that the red solo cup is full of wine spritzer...

LemonSoda

LemonSoda

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 9, 2010 @ 1:07 AM

I am thinking that the red solo cup is full of wine spritzer...

LOL! With too much glam fairy glitter fizz in it.

Elle34DD

Elle34DD

Fanatic

Posted Sep 12, 2010 @ 8:39 PM

Alexa's foobs look so distorted and the partial tan thing is tacky. And what's with her bad choppy hair in the back?

ohnoyoudident

ohnoyoudident

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 12, 2010 @ 9:33 PM

I loved Olivia's Mussolini and Ipecac comments!

Edited by ohnoyoudident, Sep 12, 2010 @ 10:17 PM.

Countess123

Countess123

Fanatic

Posted Sep 12, 2010 @ 9:51 PM

Who won the sauce contest?

Anthony won.

Alexa is a nightmare. I can't imagine the sex with her being good enough to put up with her nasty attitude all of the time.

Gigi looks fab with her lighter hair color and new style.

IMOutrippin

IMOutrippin

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 12, 2010 @ 10:01 PM

Gigi looks fab with her lighter hair color and new style.

Her body is hot too. She's not really pretty but with her sweet personality, she's attractive.

bahamarita

bahamarita

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 13, 2010 @ 7:58 AM

Tracy does't quite get the difference between managing and micro-managing. I don't think that Gayle and Christy wanted someone to stand on the floor and scrutinize every single employee, specifically Olivia, and give them tips. Christy doesn't do that. If Gayle and Christy hired them, then obviously they know what they're doing, so let them do it. And why would Tracy think she could fire Olivia, just because she became interim manager? That girl needs help. She is so nasty. All I can think of is the line from the Kate Nash song that says, "you tell me I must eat so many lemons, because I am so bitter."

Gigi and her "management" style? Better suited to a pre-school. She is darling but she needs to stick with what she knows.

Philly is cute, but God, what a dope. Really? He thought he could run a salon? And how rude and obnoxious was he about Veronica. I thought he was going to hump her leg or something.

I love Olivia. She was seriously deluded if she thought she could manage the salon and do both her jobs, but she's so cute and sincere, I can forgive her a lot.

On to Alexa, who, seriously? WTF?! The faces she makes? Does she have a clue how demented she looks? And does she get dressed in the dark? She's a walking nightmare. And her thinking that Christy and Gayle have to run management changes by her is ridiculous. She's not a partner in the salon proper. OMG, that dinner party? With the yapping dog and the sniping at Carmen? Wow. AWKWARD and awful. I'd have been out of there. Alexa is so in love with herself she has no idea other people think she's a maniac. OY!

Chuckity

Chuckity

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 13, 2010 @ 8:26 AM

Glad this show is back! Now as soon as Jersey Couture comes back, I'll be 100% happy.

Oh, Alexa. Ugh.

I'm guessing that she thought she was too glammy-fied in the first season ... because where did her makeup go? I actually think she looked better with the heavier makeup - it distracted from her horrible personality. She grates.

But her dog? Grates even more.

smart rabbit

smart rabbit

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 13, 2010 @ 1:56 PM

I wonder if she realizes how horrible she comes off...no, of course not. She probably revels in it. Don't like her.

Oh, she's quite aware and she's getting paid very well for acting like a villian.

My husband works with Tracy's neighbor, and apparently nearly all of her personality and plotlines are faked. The apartment they show Tracy in on the show isn't her real place - she actually lives with her mother (parents?) and the producers got Tracy her own place for the filming because it better suited their needs.

Lorenzo was never Tracy's boyfriend. They were - at most - good friends, but the triangle aspect was picked out as a plotline. Tracy only works at The Gatsby while the cameras are rolling. She isn't a regular stylist there and she has a normal day job at another salon. All of the animosity between her and Olivia is a complete fabrication. I don't know if there's an actual script or if they just get vague directions from the producers. "Okay, now act like total bitches to each other... and now we want you to get along in this scene."

I wouldn't be surprised to find out that Tracy isn't really dating Olivia's ex, and that the guy is played by an actor, and it's just a phony storyline.

You win a prize! I don't know if he's an actor or not, and he may actually be Olivia's ex, but Tracy definitely never dated him. If anyone would like, I'll see if my husband can get more information from his coworker.

What I found even more stupid and scripted was the absolutely ridiculous "Godfather" scenerio with Anthony and his "special" client who could only get her haircut on a Sunday, the same day as the christening.

That was also set up ahead of time, and totally fake. That woman may have appreciated a Sunday morning cut/blowout, but Tracy didn't spontaneously offer to help Anthony out or anything.

I caught a couple of last season's episodes, and the thing that seemed to be the most real to me was everyone bragging about who made the best Sunday gravy. The cook-off was ridiculously contrived, but the moment before that where they were boasting was just great. I grew up in NE Jersey and I've been in the middle of one of those conversations before.

I have heard of gravy before, but not from anyone living in New Jersey. They're from New York and Massachusetts. Gravy is not necessarily a New Jersey thing.

I've always heard tomato sauce made with meat referred to as "gravy." Without meat it's just marinara. I can't say about NY or Mass, but in Bergen county you hear (or heard, I haven't lived there in 15 years and things may have changed) gravy a lot.

For fictional fluff, this is enjoyable.

DedicatedFan

DedicatedFan

Fanatic

Posted Sep 13, 2010 @ 4:47 PM

As we speak, this NJ native does not have black liner ringed around her eyes, long fake nails or a single item of animal print clothing on.

Me neither. Athough I'm not exactly a NJ native, but I have lived in NJ for the past 53 years.

You win a prize!

Not really. I'm the one who posted a link to a newspaper article on the first page of this discussion that said that none of the people on this show, with the exception of Gayle and Christy, of course, actually work at the salon, that the show is filmed after all of the genuine employees and their clients have left. So if they're going to pretend that a bunch of loonies work at Gatsby, I wouldn't be surprised to find out that Lorenzo was a fake. I already suspected that the waiter who flirted with Gigi was a fake. And now I find out that Tracy's apartment is a fake. What next - maybe Alexa doesn't really own a dog. I have no idea why she didn't put the dog in another room and close the door.

I thought that manager for a day thing was stupid. Tracy was told at the start of the day that it was going to be her day to be manager for a day. What happened to all of the clients who had booked with her for that day? Who was supposed to take care of them while Tracy was learning the computer and the phones and inventory and ordering Olivia to fold towels? And she never brought the subject up, and no one else did either.

I did laugh when she told Anthony's client that Anthony was working on someone else because she was a half hour late. I guess it wasn't the most tactful thing she could have done, and Anthony seemed plenty upset about it, and he insisted that he could fit Ms. Tardypants in, but I hate salons that bend over backwards to take care of the Tardypants family while giving short shrift to the clients who are on time.

ohnoyoudident

ohnoyoudident

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 20, 2010 @ 12:40 AM

I really hope this show is fake. If it isn't, then Tracy is making Gayle look like a fool for keeping an employee that says all of those nasty things behind her back. IMO Tracy is still capable of doing all those underhanded things (like calling to cancel the model) with or without a script!

Edited by ohnoyoudident, Sep 20, 2010 @ 12:51 AM.

bahamarita

bahamarita

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 20, 2010 @ 8:58 AM

Are Gayle and Christy somehow under the impression that this show is good promotion for their business? Because this show makes me want to avoid that place at all costs, regardless of who is working.

Fionas2

Fionas2

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 20, 2010 @ 10:11 AM

I really enjoyed watching this show last season, fake as it obviously was, but it's gotten ridiculous this season. Way too unbelievable and beyond stupid plot lines. I'm going to free up some room on my DVR now.

Edited by Fionas2, Sep 20, 2010 @ 10:12 AM.

Ilovefall

Ilovefall

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 20, 2010 @ 5:34 PM

I am glad this show is fake-it would terrify me to go to a salon where the stylists are fighting and talking amongst themselves while they are styling my hair.

I don't know that is up with Frankie's facial hair in the shots where he is speaking to the camera-at first I thought he was drooling chocolate milk out of the sides of his mouth. I will give him credit though for stating the chocolate/diaper game at the baby shower was disgusting.

Is it me or has Olivia's accent gotten thicker? And why is she supposed to be broke? She works at the Gatsby and with the Glam Fairy. I guess fingernails and bronzer don't come cheap.

Finally, Gayle, please, dress trendy but not cheap. There is nothing worse than a woman trying to look about 25 years younger through her clothes.

Elle34DD

Elle34DD

Fanatic

Posted Sep 20, 2010 @ 9:01 PM

I am glad this show is fake-it would terrify me to go to a salon where the stylists are fighting and talking amongst themselves while they are styling my hair.

The show is fake but the stylists aren't.... while I might enjoy GiGi as my manicurist, I don't think I'd let any of these self absorbed fame whores near my hair.

And Filly (Philly?) giving the 'breast friend' as a gift? How creepy and how producer set up is that? Between that and him hinting that he was Gayle's cub... ughhhhhhhh. Not cute. Just Skeevy.

bahamarita

bahamarita

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 21, 2010 @ 10:18 AM

Is it me or has Olivia's accent gotten thicker? And why is she supposed to be broke? She works at the Gatsby and with the Glam Fairy. I guess fingernails and bronzer don't come cheap.

Someone famous (I think it was Dolly Parton? correct me if I'm wrong) once said, "It costs a lot to look this cheap."

DedicatedFan

DedicatedFan

Fanatic

Posted Sep 27, 2010 @ 7:56 PM

Are Gayle and Christy somehow under the impression that this show is good promotion for their business?

Maybe yes, or maybe they're just laughing all the way to the bank, and they laugh with their genuine employees and clients about the show. Maybe they laugh just thinking about the people out there who believe that everything they see on the show really happened.

Sunday's episode was just as stupid as all the other ones. In a sitcom, it wouldn't be a surprise if two co-workers (Anthony and Filly) went to the shore with a co-worker's boyfriend (Frankie) and another co-worker's ex-boyfriend (Lorenzo), because some sitcom characters seem to hang around together all the time, but why on earth would these guys go away together for real? How many guys want to go away with a co-worker's ex-boyfriend? Don't they have other friends? It was so obviously set up.

Was Tracy the one who emailed the photos to Lorenzo? She must have known that it would cause trouble between Gigi and Frankie. The whole thing was such a set up. I'm beginning to wonder if Gigi and Frankie really were a couple in the first place.

Maybe Olivia is broke because she has to pay for her apartment, unlike Tracy.