Breaking Bad Spoilers

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

993 replies to this topic

Chained Melody

Chained Melody

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 20, 2012 @ 12:27 PM

From EOnline Watch with Kristin

Neal: I will take anything, and I mean anything, on the new season of Breaking Bad.

You're in luck, because we have something a little better than just anything. Breaking Bad is looking for a new series regular to join the show! Described as "brittle, smart, yet going through a challenging time." Isn't everyone going through a challenging time on Breaking Bad? The kicker for this role is this new character is supposed to be an "Amy Ryan/Jodie Foster" type. Awesome.

Wow, the first new series regular since season 2! Any guesses on who the new character might be? I'm thinking either Madrigal Electromotive executive, or a DEA agent.

ETA: More info from TV Line - the character has a name (Lydia) and is also described as a business woman and mother.

TV Line

Question: Do we have to wait until July 2012 for Breaking Bad‘s fifth season? —Hannah

Ausiello: You sure do, but here’s something to tide you over: The show is introducing a major new character named Lydia. She’s described as a brittle, smart businesswoman and mother who is going through a challenging time. Producers are looking for an “Amy Ryan/Jodie Foster” type for the series regular role. Ooooh, I know the perfect actress for the part: Amy Ryan! Genius idea, right?

Edited by Chained Melody, Mar 20, 2012 @ 6:57 PM.

Bosleysock

Bosleysock

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 30, 2012 @ 7:28 PM

These are characters that are being cast for the new season. Lots of German characters...I guess we're getting info on the company that owns Los Pollos Hermanos. Yeah.

SECRETARY - FEMALE / 30 TO 69
German. A model of tact. An elegant career secretary, sophisticated. MUST BE ABLE TO SPEAK GERMAN.

DETECTIVE - MALE / 35 TO 50
German. Tall and thin. NEEDS TO BE ABLE TO SPEAK GERMAN.

CORPORATE LAWYER - MALE / 35 TO 60
German. Powerful, neat squared away lawyer type, yuppy. SHOULD BE GOOD WITH A GERMAN ACCENT AND BE ABLE TO SAY A LINE IN GERMAN.

WAITRESS - FEMALE / 40 TO 69 / Any Ethnicity
She has been waitressing all her life. She waits on Elissa and Wes at a mom and pop diner.

DAVE - MALE / 30 TO 59
Dave is a hitman.

NANNY - FEMALE / 35 TO 69 / Latin
Latina.

iggypop123

iggypop123

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 31, 2012 @ 1:49 AM

These are characters that are being cast for the new season. Lots of German characters...I guess we're getting info on the company that owns Los Pollos Hermanos. Yeah.

SECRETARY - FEMALE / 30 TO 69
German. A model of tact. An elegant career secretary, sophisticated. MUST BE ABLE TO SPEAK GERMAN.

DETECTIVE - MALE / 35 TO 50
German. Tall and thin. NEEDS TO BE ABLE TO SPEAK GERMAN.

CORPORATE LAWYER - MALE / 35 TO 60
German. Powerful, neat squared away lawyer type, yuppy. SHOULD BE GOOD WITH A GERMAN ACCENT AND BE ABLE TO SAY A LINE IN GERMAN.

WAITRESS - FEMALE / 40 TO 69 / Any Ethnicity
She has been waitressing all her life. She waits on Elissa and Wes at a mom and pop diner.

DAVE - MALE / 30 TO 59
Dave is a hitman.

NANNY - FEMALE / 35 TO 69 / Latin
Latina.

Fascinating. Good find, where did you get it? Anyways i can make a guess when Gilligan said Mike would not be happy when he found out Gus was dead , my guess its the Germans will have a lot to say about it. Wonder if the nanny is for Skylar or another character? Hitman raises so many interesting ideas. Who is the hitman after!

Chained Melody

Chained Melody

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 31, 2012 @ 2:17 AM

Interesting that there is a German detective, which may mean the scene is actually in Germany and something bad went down there. Cartel retaliation? Power struggle within Madrigal? Did a hitman silence someone within Madrigal?

Xbones

Xbones

Fanatic

Posted Mar 31, 2012 @ 7:48 AM

I think I better stop reading this thread. How did you find out all of this info??

Bosleysock

Bosleysock

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 31, 2012 @ 9:32 AM

I know someone trying out for one of the roles. The list came from a casting director.

iggypop123

iggypop123

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 14, 2012 @ 7:33 PM

Was checking imdb and the first episode lists the actor who plays Max in the cast. Flashback?Gonna do a flashback that gives us background or foreshadow a Jesse Walt relationship theme?

randyrhodes

randyrhodes

Just Tuned In

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 12:49 AM

this germn angle is revealing in that there is a large expat german community in chile with a lot of nazis tht made ther e way to south america via the ratlines

i sense that gus was a boys from brazil type of super intelligent ie selective breeding type

there is a place called Colonia Dignidad that was a closed of city in peru populated by germans very secretive

iggypop123

iggypop123

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 7, 2012 @ 1:18 PM

First 3 episodes names have been revealed, i think it could indicate some things:
Episode 5.01 - Live Free or Die
Episode 5.02 - Madrigal
Episode 5.03 - Hazard Pay

The first one is a phrase that sort of means individuality do it on my own thing, maybe Walt is stayin and Jesse wants out. Madrigal is obviously the Germans wanting to know whats up with their business. Hazard pay, interesting. Maybe the Germans say we'll make you the new Gus pay you to stay or make it so that Walt has no choice to stay. It certainly follows season 3's example with Walt wanting out in NO Mas and then they bring him back in with Mas. My speculation

iggypop123

iggypop123

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 8, 2012 @ 4:10 PM

BREAKING BAD, #508 (Season Finale) Director: Michelle MacLaren Writer: Moira Walley-Beckett Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico Date: o/a 6/15 – 6/26

[GEOFF] 40 to 60, Male. Caucasian. Quietly powerful with an imposing presence. Guest Star/Recurring next season.

Source: imdb

Looks like we have ourselves a villain for season 5 part 2.

Chained Melody

Chained Melody

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 10, 2012 @ 11:24 PM

First season 5 promo

TWoP Pembleton

TWoP Pembleton

TWoP Moderator

Posted Jun 12, 2012 @ 8:24 PM

Since we are on the precipice of a new season, just wanted to reiterate the spoiler policy. Anything provided by the network or reported in mainstream media is not a spoiler. Thus posters, videos, commercials, etc. provided by AMC are not spoilers and can and should be discussed freely in any thread.
Please try to keep this thread for discussion of actual spoilers and PM me if you have a question or concern or just want to check before posting something. Thanks!

cyberpumpkin

cyberpumpkin

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 9, 2012 @ 8:59 PM

Wikipedia now has a list of episode titles, and a vague description of the first episode which reads:
"Walt heads over to see his family, still being kept under guard, while dealing with the aftermath of the explosion at Casa Tranquila. News of the deaths at the senior's center spreads while Walt plots his next moves in order to ensure his family and his secrets are kept safe."
http://en.wikipedia...._Bad_(season_5)

Bosleysock

Bosleysock

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 14, 2012 @ 3:45 AM

There will be bacon banana cookies in an upcoming episode.

cyberpumpkin

cyberpumpkin

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 17, 2012 @ 5:11 PM

Breaking Bad is heading to Germany in the second episode of the new season.

http://www.deadline....-panel-reveals/

Rafafm

Rafafm

Just Tuned In

Posted Jul 21, 2012 @ 12:12 PM

the last name Merkert is German, so Merkert must be the Dirty Cop.

Abstrakt

Abstrakt

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 26, 2012 @ 5:01 PM

The next two episodes descriptions say....
"
Ep. 3

Marie confronts Walt over some of his recent actions.
Meanwhile, Mike, Jesse, and Walt move forward with their newest business operation.

Ep. 4

Skyler considers packing up the kids and leaving.
Walt and Jesse’s ongoing plan may be foiled by a new team member.
"

Looks like both Marie and Skylar are priming the pump for the power crazy new Walt to retaliate.

jalfredprufrock

jalfredprufrock

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 26, 2012 @ 7:52 PM

Marie confronts Walt over some of his recent actions.

Uh oh. I am worried for Marie.

Walt and Jesse’s ongoing plan may be foiled by a new team member.

Lydia?

TWoP Pembleton

TWoP Pembleton

TWoP Moderator

Posted Jul 26, 2012 @ 8:34 PM

Episode descriptions are created by the network and thus are not spoilers. In the future, please post them in the speculation thread. Thanks and send me a PM if you have questions.

Abstrakt

Abstrakt

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 27, 2012 @ 8:59 AM

Yeah it's got to be Lydia. Looks like Walt is going to have a lot of lady problems over the next few weeks.

TVgirl stuff

TVgirl stuff

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 27, 2012 @ 9:26 AM

Or maybe it's the Jesse Plemons character.

Abstrakt

Abstrakt

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 27, 2012 @ 9:38 AM

Good call could be the Jesse Plemons character, I was probably too quick to jump to the obvious which is rarely the way the show goes.

TVgirl stuff

TVgirl stuff

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 27, 2012 @ 10:19 AM

Yeah, there was something hinted at Comic Con about Jesse Plemons's role where Vince said something like "the operation is only as strong as their weakest link", so the character might screw up or foil something. I'm intrigued about that description. It could be Lydia as well, but I don't see her really working with Jesse and Walt, at least this soon, I see her more as a silent, behind the scenes provider.

littlespooge

littlespooge

Loyal Viewer

Posted Aug 3, 2012 @ 4:32 PM

A few little teases for 'Fifty One' on this podcast.

- It's described as an Emmy worthy episode.

- It features a long intense confrontation between two characters (I'm guessing Walt/Skyler)

- It sounds like Walt is going to have another 'Boo! Hiss!' moment.

Conchyliata

Conchyliata

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 4, 2012 @ 1:04 AM

According to Dean Norris, there will be a confrontation between Hank and Walt.

If you wondered if DEA agent Merkert’s lament – that Gus Fring “was somebody else completely … right under my nose” – put a bug in Hank’s ear and might put him back on Heisenberg’s (aka Walt’s) trail, you’d probably be right. As the acclaimed AMC drama unspools its final season, “We are not going to shy away from that confrontation,” Dean Norris, who plays Hank, assures. After all, with Gus gone and Walt and Jesse seemingly free to reign as meth kings, “That’s the only conflict left, and they’ve been setting it up for four years. How that plays out we can’t say,” Norris hedges, “but it’s gonna happen.”

TV Line

Edited by Conchyliata, Aug 4, 2012 @ 1:05 AM.

Irlandesa

Irlandesa

Fanatic

Posted Aug 4, 2012 @ 2:12 AM

But I don't think the confrontation that happens in this next episode is related to the one Dean Norris is talking about.

He had a longer interview in Salon where he goes into a bit more detail than what was in that TVLine quote. He talks about how he wanted to do another series for the upcoming season and asked Gilligan if there was the possibility that he could be written out of the final eight. Vince said the final eight would be focusing on the Hank vs. Walt confrontation that they'd been building to.

littlespooge

littlespooge

Loyal Viewer

Posted Aug 4, 2012 @ 3:12 AM

Well it's nice to know Hank will survive into the final eight episodes. Knowing that the final run will focus on Walt Vs Hank makes me think (again) that Mike will get killed off in the first eight and that Mike's death will be the one that leads Hank to Walt.

serializer

serializer

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 9, 2012 @ 6:20 AM

IMDB lists Jamie McShane playing a "Conductor" in 5x05. My guess is this might involve a train :)

JOnanGoopta

JOnanGoopta

Fanatic

Posted Aug 9, 2012 @ 11:37 AM

I don't know for sure what it means, but his mannerisms are entirely different than they are now. In addition to not looking like Heisenberg, he's not acting like it either. He looks beaten, or at least resigned. Jim Beavers (I forget the character name if there is one) delivering the line "Good luck" almost seems to imply "because you're going to need it." It seems Beavers has some idea what's going on, and unlike the first time he sold Walt a gun, isn't treating him like a newbie. The fact that he asks for assurance that the gun isn't crossing the border seems to indicate he might think whatever is going on is cartel-related.

On another note: IMDB has put up the cast & crew for the remaining eight episodes. Interestingly, Jonathan Banks is listed in all episodes. Also, one Jamie McShane is listed in the next episode, "Dead Freight," as "Conductor," indicating we may be looking at a "Great Train Robbery."

I'm not sure if they try to avoid spoiling with these episode casts, because I know there's been fairly heavy speculation about Mike getting killed. This cast list, if accurate, says not.

JesseSP

JesseSP

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 9, 2012 @ 5:08 PM

I read the following on Twitter from Todd Van Der Werff, who reviews Breaking Bad for the AV Club, talking about the upcoming episode:

The only proper response to this week's Breaking Bad is: Hooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooly shit.