Breaking Bad Spoilers

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

993 replies to this topic

iggypop123

iggypop123

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 17, 2013 @ 12:16 AM

Episode descriptions for every episode are up online. Quite unusual since in years past they held them back at the last second. I think they may be doing it this way since they are vague, but not in a Mad Men paranoid Matt Weiner way.

Episode 510 -- "Buried": While Skyler's (Anna Gunn) past catches up with her, Walt covers his tracks. Jesse continues to struggle with his guilt.

Episode 511 -- "Confessions": Jesse decides to make a change, while Walt and Skyler try to deal with an unexpected demand.

Episode 512 -- "Rabid Dog": An unusual strategy starts to bear fruit, while plans are set in motion that could change everything. (Note: Every season of "Breaking Bad" has featured an episode whose title contains an animal name.)

Episode 513 -- "To'hajiilee": Things heat up for Walt in unexpected ways. (The title is the name of a Navajo reservation in New Mexico.)

Episode 514 -- "Ozymandias": Everyone copes with radically changed circumstances. (Named after the Shelley poem about the inevitable fall of kings and empires.)

Episode 515 -- "Granite State": Events set in motion long ago move toward a conclusion. (The Granite State is New Hampshire. Is this when we catch up to the events seen in "Live Free or Die"?)

Episode 516 -- "Felina": The series finale. ("Felina" is an anagram for "finale" and also is related to the word feline.)

Should be interesting what can be extracted from this information. Certainly the word Confessions catches my attention.

beaugard

beaugard

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 17, 2013 @ 12:56 AM

That's great- thanks so much!!!

JOnanGoopta

JOnanGoopta

Fanatic

Posted Jul 17, 2013 @ 2:11 AM

Well, you've omitted a couple other possibilities, such as:

-  Walt has done something even more vile between now and then.

beaugard

beaugard

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 17, 2013 @ 10:46 AM

Those episode descriptions are so interesting.  "Jesse continues to struggle with his guilt."  Jesse, obviously, must have given Hank the info he needed.  I think maybe Walt, Skyler, with the kids, Jesse, and Saul will all flee together when the cops come after them.

ezbliss

ezbliss

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 17, 2013 @ 11:56 AM

Well, you've omitted a couple other possibilities, such as:

-  Walt has done something even more vile between now and then.

Oh, I think that's very likely.  But I still want Hank to find out that Walt was in the RV with Jesse and was behind that fake phone call (sure, Saul's secy actually made the call but Walt called Saul and gave him the information (Hank's cell #, Marie's name).  The rage Hank felt towards Jesse will be nothing compared to what he feels for Walt if those dots are connected.

Edited by ezbliss, Jul 17, 2013 @ 11:57 AM.

Hinkypunk

Hinkypunk

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 17, 2013 @ 12:21 PM

Those episode descriptions are so interesting.  "Jesse continues to struggle with his guilt."  Jesse, obviously, must have given Hank the info he needed.  I think maybe Walt, Skyler, with the kids, Jesse, and Saul will all flee together when the cops come after them.

I took that very differently. I assumed his guilt was about what he had done, what he is part of and who he has become. Then in the next episode, it says that Jesse makes a change, which might mean that Jesse decides to work with Hank to bring Walt down.

Lots of lovely, new photos here:

http://www.huffingto...l#slide=2703907

Most of the promotional photos have the characters on their own, but Walt and Hank, Walt and Skyler, Walt and Jesse and Hank and Jesse share photos. I might be looking into things too much, but I think the characters who share photos will interact significantly with each other. If this is true, it makes me think that my theory of Hank and Jesse working together is more likely (or then again, maybe I am hoping too much). I also find it interesting that in one photo Jesse is holding a gun with Walt in the background. I think this is a promotional photo and not a screenshot from an episode. It shows that Jesse's view of Walt has not changed from the mid-season finale and I doubt that Walt and Jesse's relationship will ever be as it once was, which makes me kind of sad.

JOnanGoopta

JOnanGoopta

Fanatic

Posted Jul 17, 2013 @ 1:05 PM

It makes me kind of sad, too, but Walt hasn't deserved to have a friend like Jesse for a long time now.  While everyone sympathizes with Jesse, a lot of this is his own fault.  He had numerous opportunities to get out of this game.  But still, since he started working with "Mr. White," he has lost everything decent in his life, become a murderer, and has basically no future outside of Witness Protection.

While Walt got away with a lot, an incredibly sophisticated, synchronized mass murder inside federal facilities is not going to pass without notice.  Walt would be in deep shit even if Hank hadn't figured out who he is.  The fact that Jesse at least wasn't involved in that one at all is going to help him, but still, his only way to have any chance at a life is to turn on Walt at this point.

I'd actually also kind of like to see Skyler and Hank realize he's something more than the worthless druggie creep they think he is.

beaugard

beaugard

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 17, 2013 @ 1:42 PM

Interesting pics!  thanks!  They do seem to indicate that Jesse and Hank are in on something together, or at least Jesse is pretending to be in on something with him.  I was surprised at the Lydia and Todd pictures.  I guess they are going to be a focus, I love Lydia, so that makes me happy but it looks weird she is in that picture- both she and Todd seem to have aged a bit.  That shovel between Walt and Skyler, it looks like they took the money with them wherever they go, some people think that is a body but I don't see Skyler participating in that sort of thing no matter what.  Although I'm still convinced that neighbor gets offed.

There is a spoiler going around that I am not sure I believe but it says Lydia asks Jesse to cook with Todd and for some reason, he does it and that is part of maybe the first episode.  It's so hard to believe because it doesn't seem like Jesse would do that.  But then I think without Walt in Jesse's life, he could become very unfocused again- 5 million isn't even that hard to go through when you have a housefull of friends mooching off you and everyone is into expensive drugs and taste.  It could get stolen, who knows, he might find himself broke again and have to go back to cooking.  For most of the last two seasons, we've been used to Jesse being the rational one, even the responsible (!) one and we assume he is going to go forward with that, but you know, it looks like he just sank back into drug addiction. It's so hard to try to pinpoint what Jesse's role is going to be in the next 8 episodes.  That gun in his hand, though, it looks like he will try to kill Walt at some point, that is what it seems to be suggesting.

jalfredprufrock

jalfredprufrock

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 17, 2013 @ 2:16 PM

I don't know if that's a body with Walt and Skylar, but I absolutely believe she would participate in something like that - Skylar became an interesting character when she revealed her true colors and willingness to go all-in on the criminal enterprises with both Walt and Ted. Also, don't forget how she menaced Ted at his bedside after his "accident" - Skylar isn't as ruthless as Walt, and she is certainly terrified by him, but IMO she is willing to do just about anything to save herself.

beaugard

beaugard

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 17, 2013 @ 3:58 PM

http://www.spoilersg...peechless-hank/

On the August 11th premiere, here are the spoilers you better watch out for:

The first episode back continues the flash-forward from the Season 5 opener — and Walt will use a tool from his trunk for a very specific mission. As for the Hank of it all, I’d encourage a little patience. The usually loquacious blowhard is rendered pretty much speechless through a lot of the episode — which makes it all the more important when he finally has something to say.

Hmmm. this seems to confirm the Breaking Bad Wiki information- Walt walking around the empty house after coming back from being on the run and the police tape and all around- this will be the season 6 opening segment.

It seems Hank will just not speak after being in the bathroom.  If you remember, this was also something Skyler did after she realized Walt was lying to her about the cell phone and wouldn't tell her, she just basically stopped talking to him.

Edited by beaugard, Jul 17, 2013 @ 3:59 PM.

ezbliss

ezbliss

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 17, 2013 @ 9:04 PM

Also, don't forget how she menaced Ted at his bedside after his "accident" -

Menaced?  How did Skyler menance Ted at his hospital bedside?  She was truly horrified about what had happened, and it WAS an acident.

beaugard

beaugard

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 17, 2013 @ 11:13 PM

I don't know if that's a body with Walt and Skylar, but I absolutely believe she would participate in something like that - Skylar became an interesting character when she revealed her true colors and willingness to go all-in on the criminal enterprises with both Walt and Ted. Also, don't forget how she menaced Ted at his bedside after his "accident" - Skylar isn't as ruthless as Walt, and she is certainly terrified by him, but IMO she is willing to do just about anything to save herself.

But those were basically paperwork crimes- the sending of Kuby and Huell was by Saul though we can safely conclude she knew what was going on, but I don't think she felt violence was going to occur.  I don't see her condoning violence or participating in it- unless of course she is at her wit's end.

It's interesting but Gilligan implied he went through the entire cast and gave them an end story, so that would mean even Huell and Badger will get an end story- all the ones still alive should get one- although some say not all of it might make it on the screen, some might get cut, but that is what they had hoped to do..

ezbliss

ezbliss

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 18, 2013 @ 10:39 AM

Skyler said to Saul "I don't want anyone hurt; I just want him to write the check" (to the IRS).

As Kuby and Huell reported back to Saul (and Saul was getting ready to call Skyler), Walt burst in and there was all the chaos about Gus threatening to kill his family.  Skyler didn’t find out about Ted until much later.

(We never knew if Kuby and Huell called an ambulance or what happened to get help for Ted after he slipped and fell.)

jalfredprufrock

jalfredprufrock

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 18, 2013 @ 10:42 AM

It was clear to me that when Ted promised to remain silent about his "accident," he was terrified - and Skyler certainly seemed intimidating to me when she left him in that hospital bed. Obviously, YMMV.

As for Sklyer's propensity for violence - I think she's selfish, and in too deep, and willing to do whatever she needs to in order to save herself. I think this is one thing she and Walt have in common - again, YMMV.

JOnanGoopta

JOnanGoopta

Fanatic

Posted Jul 18, 2013 @ 11:49 AM

That was, to me, an incredibly well-acted moment.  With great subtlety, Skyler showed that when she realized Ted was terrified of her, she actually enjoyed this.  That was chilling.  I wouldn't be surprised if she does worse than she has done so far to get herself out of the situation Walt has created.  I don't think she has any more limits than Walt does at this point.

beaugard

beaugard

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 18, 2013 @ 4:57 PM

I had to go back to that scene to look at it again- Skyler only says one word after he talks to her, which is "good," It's hard for me to know exactly how she meant it.  That's a problem with the season, we don't get to see the other characters explored so much except in their relation to Walter.  I would have liked to have seen more of how Skyler viewed the situation with Ted.  It's the same with Jesse, what did Jesse have in mind when he went to Walter to talk about the "snitches."  There's almost a silent approval of what Walter did just by the fact that Jesse didn't go anywhere- and him realizing something must have happened to Mike- it would have been nice to see those scenes- but there's not enough time.  But that is interesting about Skyler at Ted's beside, I didn't really catch it because it was short and not explored.  But there did seem to be animosity in that "good"- was it because of the pathetic groveling?  It's interesting.  I'm still not seeing Ma Barker here, but it was a fascinating response from her.

ezbliss

ezbliss

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 18, 2013 @ 8:00 PM

Skyler only says one word after he talks to her, which is "good," It's hard for me to know exactly how she meant it.

IIRC as soon as Skyler sees Ted she says "Ted, I never meant for....." Ted then interrupts and tells her he's not going to say anything.  He reminds her they both have cildren.  Yes, she does say "Good" but I didn't see any gloating ot menacing whatsoever - none.

JOnanGoopta

JOnanGoopta

Fanatic

Posted Jul 18, 2013 @ 8:28 PM

Look at her face.  Look at her as she is walking away.

beaugard

beaugard

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 18, 2013 @ 9:07 PM

Yes, but the "good" could have been a mixture of relief and frustration- after all, it was his idiocy that got them into it and him agreeing not say anything saves them all perhaps a prison term since it would also be to his detriment, so he is doing himself a favor as well, it could have been "good (you idiot, you finally 'get' it) instead of "good" (you just better or you're sleeping with the fishes)- it's hard to know because there was no follow-up.

JOnanGoopta

JOnanGoopta

Fanatic

Posted Jul 18, 2013 @ 9:09 PM

This is actually why I think it was such a great job of acting.  We can't agree on what it meant, and whatever it meant, it was disturbing.

EDIT:  And my "read" on the scene was that she both enjoyed terrorizing Ted, realized she was enjoying it, and was at the same time horrified by the fact she enjoyed it.  I think it had a lot to do with why she decided she had to get out of the situation Walt put the family in.  She realized just how far down the moral black hole it was possible to go.  And she wants out.

Edited by JOnanGoopta, Jul 18, 2013 @ 9:11 PM.

ezbliss

ezbliss

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 18, 2013 @ 9:50 PM

Idiocy for sure.  Ted's stupidity created the IRS mess, which he did nothing about until the last minute when he told Skyler, and his stupidity (trying to run) caused him to trip on the rug, fall, and hit his head.  Kuby & Huell just gave each other a WTF? look.

Edited by ezbliss, Jul 18, 2013 @ 9:51 PM.

beaugard

beaugard

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 18, 2013 @ 10:10 PM

On the August 11th premiere, here are the spoilers you better watch out for:

The first episode back continues the flash-forward from the Season 5 opener — and Walt will use a tool from his trunk for a very specific mission. As for the Hank of it all, I’d encourage a little patience. The usually loquacious blowhard is rendered pretty much speechless through a lot of the episode — which makes it all the more important when he finally has something to say.

I have a feeling the "tool' used will be a boxcutter and I think he will be going in the house to retrieve the ricin cigarette.  This is just me guessing.

iggypop123

iggypop123

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 22, 2013 @ 2:39 AM

I have a feeling the "tool' used will be a boxcutter and I think he will be going in the house to retrieve the ricin cigarette.  This is just me guessing.

That would be correct. The San Diego Comic Con clip or part of the show they showed was exactly that. Walt returns in the flash fowards beard and jacket to his ravaged abbandoned home which has Heisenberg graffitti in it( interesting) , retreives the ricin and then bumps into his neighbor who is in shock.

JOnanGoopta

JOnanGoopta

Fanatic

Posted Jul 22, 2013 @ 4:20 AM

That's interesting.  Would pretty much mean at least the local drug scene now knows who he is.  Presumably, everyone else does too, including the DEA.  That would put the exposure some time before the Live Free or Die episode.  And for some reason he wants the ricin again.  Surprised he didn't take it with him when he left, but perhaps he had to abandon the home hastily.  Interesting it would still be there, though.  No DEA search?

rocketman909

rocketman909

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 22, 2013 @ 7:30 AM

Maybe we can be sure that Walt going into Witness Protection is NOT going to happen. At a Breaking Bad panel at Comic-Con, Aaron Paul said that some fans have posited that Walter White goes into Witness Protection at the end of the series (and then, jokingly, goes on to star on Malcolm in the Middle.)

Everyone laughed and Vince Gilligan said something about how they'll have to reshoot a lot of the final episodes since that's not how it ends. So can we take this to mean — Malcolm joke aside — that Witness Protection isn't part of Walt's fate? Can the way Gilligan immediately denied that that's how it ended justifiably support that?

From an article in The Hollywood Reporter:

Creator Vince Gilligan ... unveiled the opener of the season premiere, which sees Walter White -- dressed and bearded as he was in last year’s season premiere “Live Free or Die” (Remember the breakfast diner scene with the bacon on his 52nd birthday?) -- returning to his suburban Albuquerque home, which is vandalized and gated.

Walt is shown entering the abandoned home, which is dirty, empty and messy with flies (Skateboarders are seen skating in the White family’s backyard pool, which has been drained of water.) He removes an outlet cover on the wall to reveal the small tube of ricin he (and, presumably at one point, viewers thought) used to poison young Brock in season four (though the first episode of season five saw Walt disposing of the Lily of the Valley plant in his backyard – a clue that he may have used poisonous berries instead to harm the child.)

Written on the walls of the White family living room is one word in graffiti scrawl: HEISENBERG. Walt leaves the house and says, casually, to a shocked neighbor who sees him opening and closing a car trunk filled with firearms: “Hello, Carol.”

doriteman

doriteman

Just Tuned In

Posted Jul 22, 2013 @ 9:13 AM

I don't see any way Walt would be offered witness protection, which would mean he informed on someone higher up.  He is the kingpin now.  Skyler or Jesse could be offered witness protection for testifying against Walt. More likely Walt will use Saul's contact to create a new identity.

JOnanGoopta

JOnanGoopta

Fanatic

Posted Jul 22, 2013 @ 1:04 PM

Interesting.  I wonder if this is a flash-forward again, or if we actually pick up the action at this point.  The gun thing struck me as so desperate I had always thought it looked like something for the very last episode.  Gathering an array of things looks more like he has some time for planning.

beaugard

beaugard

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 22, 2013 @ 1:43 PM

It is definitely a fast-forward, because we see Hank leaving after he sat on the toilet in the few seconds promotion clip- also we see Walt in front of the house in his promotion.  The big gun is around the last episode.

Interesting things here.  The first is the graffiti scrawled Heisenberg.  Heisenberg seemed to only be known to the DEA and the drug scene, this makes it seem like he has branched out to be some sort of cultural figure by the time he comes back to the house- I mean, you have to have attained a level of fame at that point for that to happen, I think.  He most likely fled the house before he could get the ricin, I think it would be easily missed by the DEA, I don't see them taking out every electric plug to check, they would have to tear down the walls at some point.  Ricin is not something they would even be looking for- for one thing, it has yet to be used on anyone.

I just assumed that Walt used Saul's contact to "disappear" but the Lambert license is troubling- a professional disappear-er using an alias for his client that was so easily connected to him- that doesn't sound right, especially if you are paying them three-quarters of a million dollars for them to make you disappear- it seems like sloppy work, but I guess we will find out what happens.

I wonder about the ricin.  If he has a huge gun, why would he even want that ricin?  I think it's possible he might end up taking it himself.

Edited by beaugard, Jul 22, 2013 @ 1:47 PM.

jalfredprufrock

jalfredprufrock

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 22, 2013 @ 8:16 PM

I agree that Walter might use the ricin on himself. And I still think his sad bacon 52 breakfast - alone - means that Skyler is dead.

JOnanGoopta

JOnanGoopta

Fanatic

Posted Jul 22, 2013 @ 8:54 PM

The DEA is pretty notoriously thorough, and for a major kingpin, they'd rip that house apart I'd think.  I can't imagine them not checking a typical druggie hiding place like behind a lighting fixture.