Breaking Bad in the Media

• Please log in to reply

1500 replies to this topic

tijdetijde tijd

tijdetijde tijd

Just Tuned In

Posted Apr 4, 2012 @ 10:58 PM

Wasn't sure where to put this, but does anyone know if the Madrigal Electromotive sites are legit (like Saul's & the Save Walter White sites, I mean) or if they're fan creations? I'm guessing they're legit. As much as I want to, I'm nervous about combing them too closely--spoiler-paranoid, I guess. :) If you haven't seen them yet, they're at madrigalelectromotive.com and madrigalelectromotive.blogspot.com

lurk3000

lurk3000

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 29, 2012 @ 10:07 PM

Damn. Check out these custom made Walter White action figures! Apparently they sent Vince Gilligan the figures.

peeayebee

peeayebee

Stalker

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 7:56 AM

WOW! Those are amazing. I wonder how long it took him.

lurk3000

lurk3000

Couch Potato

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 1:52 AM

EW has a brief behind the scenes look at season 5. No spoilers, but Bryan Cranston does tease a bit.

Edited by lurk3000, May 3, 2012 @ 1:52 AM.

Xbones

Xbones

Fanatic

Posted May 22, 2012 @ 2:18 PM

Vince is in a article of the June issue of "GQ" called "Pay Close Attention To The Men Behind The Curtain". An interview with Vince Gilliagan, Matthew Weiner and David Milch. I know I'm pregidous, but VG comes off sounding the best. Its worth the read.

peeayebee

peeayebee

Stalker

Posted May 23, 2012 @ 1:42 PM

I just posted the link in the Mad Men thread and came here to find you'd beaten me to the punch.

Each man sounds very different. Vince sounds exactly like he does in the podcasts: self-effacing, generous, and kind. I know Weiner egotism can be off-putting, but he admits to it, so I really don't mind.

Xbones

Xbones

Fanatic

Posted May 23, 2012 @ 7:20 PM

You're so right Pat, I think Weiner has made MM into a phenomena and does not worry about money (his contract with AMC was crazy good) where BB is still fighting for an audience & money. I'm glad Weiner admitted to putting his name on everything having to do with MM, with not much respect for his writers. It was interesting since I had never seen him admit this. VG is so different in his idea of making a series and gives the credit & respect to everyone that has anything to do with the success of BB.

Amester0120

Amester0120

Fanatic

Posted Jun 4, 2012 @ 11:55 AM

New poster for Season 5: All Hail the King

Xbones

Xbones

Fanatic

Posted Jun 4, 2012 @ 1:41 PM

There is also an article in "Entertainment Weekly" this week on BB - don't know details, as I have not been able to fine the magazine where I am. I think Bryan Cranston is interveiwed??

Chained Melody

Chained Melody

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 4, 2012 @ 4:57 PM

Chris Hardwick at TheNerdist.com has a couple of Breaking Bad related updates this week - The Nerdist vs. Breaking Bad celebrity bowling game is available on their YouTube channel (featuring Bryan Cranston, Betsy Brandt, RJ Mitte and Aaron Paul) and he also uploaded a podcast interview with Aaron Paul, which was recorded the same day as the bowling game. The podcast is also available for free on iTunes. No real spoilers for Breaking Bad, so safe to listen to even if you've only watched a season or two.

Xbones

Xbones

Fanatic

Posted Jun 4, 2012 @ 6:48 PM

I was just sent this and its very funny!!!

LevitateMe

LevitateMe

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 6, 2012 @ 2:52 PM

Have people seen this? I didn't think I could like this guy more but now I do! Click here to read more about the man behind Jesse as well as some VG and BC quotes/small details on S5.

NY Magazine Interview w Aaron Paul

peeayebee

peeayebee

Stalker

Posted Jun 6, 2012 @ 6:28 PM

I haven't been here for a few days, and what great things you all have left for me. Thanks! :D

LOVE that poster. Awesome awesome awesome.

I'll have to check out the Nerdist bowling game. I saw another one, and it was a lot of fun. And I'm going to read that Aaron Paul interview as soon as I get a few minutes.

ETA

I just finished watching a http://www.hollywood...g-dead-332460#4 '>showrunners roundtable that the Hollywood Reporter did. Vince Gilligan, Terrence Winter, Veena Sud, Shonda Rimes, the guy from The Walking Dead, and the guy from Homeland. Very well done. It's an hour long.

Edited by peeayebee, Jun 7, 2012 @ 4:04 PM.

Fisher King

Fisher King

Fanatic

Posted Jun 15, 2012 @ 1:18 AM

Giancarlo Esposito speaks about healing from his personal experiences, mentions his upcoming NBC TV series and talks about playing Gus and the Breaking Bad episode he submitted for his (certain) Emmy nomination.

peeayebee

peeayebee

Stalker

Posted Jun 15, 2012 @ 1:27 PM

Good interview. What a scary experience with those police, but he has a great attitude not many people can hold onto.

Here's another interview with him, as well as Gilligan and Cranston.

ikar

ikar

Fanatic

Posted Jun 15, 2012 @ 9:23 PM

S5 promo, saw the link on Deadline. Classic Walt.

shapeshifter

shapeshifter

Fanatic

Posted Jun 17, 2012 @ 6:11 PM

June 15 LA Times interview says:

When AMC and "Breaking Bad" creator Vince Gilligan reached an agreement earlier this year to extend and eventually end the addictive drama with two eight-episode seasons, Gilligan told Cranston that he "couldn't imagine having enough story to fill 16 more episodes."...

"Vince feels that now we have too much story," Cranston says, laughing. "We could actually go beyond those 16 episodes."...

-Very slight spoilers in the rest of the article.
The article is titled, "A 'Breaking Bad' movie? Bryan Cranston doesn't rule it out," but there is no actual quote referring to a movie.

Edited by shapeshifter, Jun 17, 2012 @ 6:14 PM.

vipertodd

vipertodd

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 17, 2012 @ 6:15 PM

Another short season 5 promo.

jr352

jr352

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 18, 2012 @ 2:26 PM

I'm curious now if they could end up going past the sixteen episodes. Didn't AMC want the final season to just be eight episodes? So if there's really more story to tell I'm wondering if they couldn't get another short order of episodes.

Edited by jr352, Jun 18, 2012 @ 3:50 PM.

Xbones

Xbones

Fanatic

Posted Jun 18, 2012 @ 3:21 PM

I don't think there is a chance in going beyond the 16 episodes. The contracts were signed with AMC to end it within that amount of time.

Scrb

Scrb

Fanatic

Posted Jun 18, 2012 @ 3:44 PM

Does AMC have a strong pipeline?

Once MM and BB are over, what do they have besides Walking Dead? They're struggling to stay on various systems.

If Gill is offering them more episodes, AMC may not have better options than stretching the series out.

Xbones

Xbones

Fanatic

Posted Jun 18, 2012 @ 5:47 PM

I think MM will be on for a few years, Wiener negotiated a huge deal with Sony.

In the June 26th issue of Mad Magazine there is a section on Breaking Bad called "Fading Bad". Very cool!

Irlandesa

Irlandesa

Fanatic

Posted Jun 18, 2012 @ 10:16 PM

I'm curious now if they could end up going past the sixteen episodes. Didn't AMC want the final season to just be eight episodes? So if there's really more story to tell I'm wondering if they couldn't get another short order of episodes.

AMC approved a sixteen episode final season (up for the normal 13) which it is splitting in two. When AMC made their 8 episode request, there was suspicion that it was just a negotiating ploy on AMC's part and sure enough, that's likely what it was. Given that the two halves of the season will air a year apart, most people will refer to it as two seasons but contractually AMC is pretty firmly referring to it as one season. It's likely there are contract escalations that go into effect if there is a sixth season. I don't know if the contracts signed allow for AMC to order a few more episodes should the ratings for the half of the season be exceptionally strong but I doubt it'll happen. Or if it does, it may be something like giving Gilligan a two hour finale instead of a one hour finale.

Beyond that, I doubt the actors will be available. Aaron Paul is already rumored to be in negotiations for a new HBO series.

As for a movie, I don't want that. The last thing I want is to see this series, which has all the time in the world to craft a satisfactory ending, stop short in order to leave open the possibility of a movie.

6/26

Betsy Brandt teased a little about the upcoming season of Breaking Bad when she attended a movie premiere. I wouldn't consider it very spoilery since all she does is confirm that the show will continue a story thread that it has been following since the 1st/2nd season but you may not want to read if you want absolutely zero knowledge.

Edited by Irlandesa, Jun 26, 2012 @ 1:42 PM.

Irlandesa

Irlandesa

Fanatic

Posted Jun 26, 2012 @ 1:40 PM

Oops, didn't realize that I was the last post in this thread. I'll edit and add this bit of news to the previous post.

Edited by Irlandesa, Jun 26, 2012 @ 1:41 PM.

Beanpurchaser

Beanpurchaser

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 26, 2012 @ 1:54 PM

New Season 5 trailer: http://www.youtube.c...d&v=-Eqab4-G1Ac

JTMacc99

JTMacc99

Stalker

Posted Jun 29, 2012 @ 2:23 PM

Dish dropping AMC. Dish's side: "AMC Networks requires us to carry low-rated channels like IFC and WE to access a few popular AMC shows. The math is simple: it's not a good value for our customers." Which: Duh. Of course they do. That's the way it works. Now that AMC is actually a somewhat valuable channel, it is using it's negotiating power to force the Dish, Telco, and Cable companies to carry the crappy channels on basic tiers as well as demand a huge increase for AMC itself. Dish will probably eventually cave in, the networks always win at least a modest victory, and the providers will just pass along the cost to us, because what else are they supposed to do.

Although, there does seem to be an additional bit of bad blood between Dish and AMC mentioned in that article, so this one may go on for a little while longer than usual.

AT&T U-verse and AMC are not looking so hot either:

Meanwhile, AMC continues to negotiate with AT&T U-verse ahead of the expiration of the parties' contract at 11;59 p.m. (ET) on June 30 for carriage of AMC, IFC and WeTV. The telco said the programmer is seeking an "excessive rate increase."

It's just too bad this has all worked out to be right before the Breaking Bad premiere. I guess they've got a couple weeks to fight and then hopefully the channels will be back by the 15th.

Edited by JTMacc99, Jun 29, 2012 @ 2:25 PM.

ReadIshmael

ReadIshmael

Stalker

Posted Jun 29, 2012 @ 4:14 PM

EW.com is doing a series of "Emmy Watch" interviews with potential nominees, and posted one yesterday with Aaron, mostly focusing on the NA meeting scene in "Problem Dog." Then Peter Gould tweeted the link to the article, and said:

Aaron rocked ‘Problem Dog.’ Crew & extras applauded after the recovery meeting scene. Truly incredible.

I agree that it was incredible work. I also think that he has better submission episodes, though.

peeayebee

peeayebee

Stalker

Posted Jun 29, 2012 @ 4:56 PM

I'm sure glad I don't have Dish. Not only do I watch AMC, but I also watch IFC and Sundance. I feel bad for the Dish customers. Besides dropping Dish and getting something else, what are their options for watching BB?

Irlandesa

Irlandesa

Fanatic

Posted Jun 29, 2012 @ 6:51 PM

I believe the shows get put up on Amazon and iTunes soon after they air.

maderas

maderas

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 2, 2012 @ 7:51 PM

The truly sad thing is that their way of 'making it up' to AMC viewers is that they're offering a $10 per month discount for like six months or something, I forget the exact details.