Breaking Bad in the Media

• Please log in to reply

1501 replies to this topic

Myndela

Myndela

Fanatic

Posted Feb 10, 2012 @ 10:50 PM

Somewhat BB-related...Edmunds.com says the Pontiac Aztek is the worst car ever.

This show made me want a Pontiac Aztek. Anything that can run over drug dealers like that is durabledurabledurable.

ikar

ikar

Fanatic

Posted Feb 13, 2012 @ 10:30 PM

Happy Valentine's Day card from ... Walt?

Xbones

Xbones

Fanatic

Posted Feb 16, 2012 @ 1:09 PM

2012 Writers Guild Award this Sunday Feb. 19th. BB Writers are up against "Homeland", "Boardwalk Empire", "Game of Thrones", "The Good Wife". If only Breaking Bad would win! (fingers crossed)

lurk3000

lurk3000

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 24, 2012 @ 5:27 AM

Here's An evening with Breaking Bad. There's a teeny spoiler about season 5 from Vince Gilligan. The host is kinda annoying.

Watt DeFark

Watt DeFark

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 24, 2012 @ 2:11 PM

Somewhat BB-related...Edmunds.com says the Pontiac Aztek is the worst car ever.

Ugliest, maybe. They aren't bad cars really, but hideous. Yugo, the first Hyundai Excels, Vegas--so many cars that were way worse than the poor Aztek.

Funny that Walt, Skylar, and Walt Jr. all have "dead" cars...old nameplates that aren't made anymore.

rocknrollchic

rocknrollchic

Fanatic

Posted Feb 24, 2012 @ 3:19 PM

Second Season Split in 2

Are these going to be mini seasons in the fall and next spring, or the fall and next fall? Seems like such a long time to wait for 8 episodes if it's the latter...

Xbones

Xbones

Fanatic

Posted Feb 24, 2012 @ 8:17 PM

Wow lurk, that was a long one, but I can't tell you how much I enjoyed listening.

Thanks so much for posting, I would have never found that interview!

peeayebee

peeayebee

Stalker

Posted Feb 25, 2012 @ 10:53 PM

How long is it?

Xbones

Xbones

Fanatic

Posted Feb 26, 2012 @ 9:50 AM

1 hr. & 40 minutes (somewhere around that)

Its very good!

peeayebee

peeayebee

Stalker

Posted Feb 26, 2012 @ 4:36 PM

Yes, I enjoyed that.

I got a little annoyed at Bryan, as much as I love him, for laughing at Giancarlo saying Gus was trying to help people, like paying for their chemistry education and so forth. I didn't think Bryan was just making a joke. It seemed like he disagreed with Giancarlo about Gus's character, though he was doing it in a humorous way. It seemed to me like Giancarlo got a bit miffed at it -- not too much. It was very subtle, at least that's what I saw. Anyway, I agree with Giancarlo. I think Gus did take on the role of mentor. He wasn't always self-serving.

I liked RJ's little comment about putting a ketchup pack inside a cast before it's removed.

Edited by peeayebee, Feb 26, 2012 @ 4:36 PM.

Espy

Espy

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 27, 2012 @ 12:29 AM

That was great, lurk. Thanks for posting.

I quite liked it when Bryan started laughing. I love Gus, don't get me wrong, but I found Giancarlo to be a little bit long-winded and overly earnest. I suppose Giancarlo has to have a set of ideas about Gus as a person to be able to play him so well, but I found his ideas to be a bit of a stretch. But whatever Giancarlo's process is, it worked damn well for him because Gus will be remembered as one of the great TV villains, I'm sure.

I really loved hearing Dean, RJ, Anna and Betsy speak, because I don't really know much about them outside of Breaking Bad. I vaguely remember seeing Anna in The Practice many years ago, but that's it.

I love Aaron Paul! He's hot in real life! I don't have much to add to that, but thought it was worth mentioning.... ;-)

backhometome

backhometome

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 27, 2012 @ 7:57 AM

Last night while watching the oscars I saw a commercial for Krysten Ritters (Jane) new show and I died at the end of it. There is a Breaking Bad reference in it.

http://www.youtube.c...p;v=QqAG8TFp4F4

LevitateMe

LevitateMe

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 27, 2012 @ 11:21 AM

seriously check out this trailer for Krysten Ritter's new show that backhometome just posted.... Bryan's line is really funny/twisted considering how her storyline ended on BB.

Xbones

Xbones

Fanatic

Posted Feb 27, 2012 @ 11:31 AM

That's great stuff!

peeayebee

peeayebee

Stalker

Posted Feb 27, 2012 @ 3:32 PM

HA! Love it. I'll definitely be checking out that show.

Here's the shoes that Bryan wore to the Independent Spirit Awards.

petriccione

petriccione

Just Tuned In

Posted Feb 29, 2012 @ 8:09 PM

Haha i would pay a pretty penny to get those shoes

hira2

hira2

Just Tuned In

Posted Mar 2, 2012 @ 9:56 PM

Oh!!! Yeah!!!Last night while watching the oscars I saw a commercial for Krysten Ritters (Jane) new show and I died at the end of it. There is a Breaking Bad reference in it.

backhometome

backhometome

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 3, 2012 @ 10:33 AM

http://www.tvguide.c...rs-1043760.aspx

This is a tv guide article I found about S5. Vince and some of the cast talk about next season. There are no spoilers it just talks about it in general. I especially liked the part about Jesse/Walt that Vince talked about. I look forward to more of that relationship next season being shown. Since I think it was shown less than previous seasons.

ReadIshmael

ReadIshmael

Stalker

Posted Mar 10, 2012 @ 2:18 PM

Lots of March Madness style competitions going on right now with Breaking Bad included. Vulture has a bracket for "Greatest Drama Series of the last 25 years," and the writer who had to choose between BB and Friday Night Lights wrote a really great article about why he chose BB. Look for more as they finish the first round and move on to the second.

hulu's annual Best in Show competition is happening again. In the first round, Breaking Bad is kicking The Good Wife's ass, but it'll probably face some tougher races further down the line, so vote, and keep voting.

And, if you have a livejournal account, you can vote and campaign for Jesse in the first round of Fandom March Madness. Right now he's losing pretty badly, so he needs some support.

DaLovin Dj

DaLovin Dj

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 13, 2012 @ 8:14 AM

Looking at that Vulture bracket I'd say the main event comes down to Breaking Bad vs The Wire with The Wire taking it.

iggypop123

iggypop123

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 17, 2012 @ 3:07 PM

Just read the first episode of breaking bad S5 and words can not express. Shit is about to get crazy. Get ready my friends. Love you Vince!

Cannot wait if Paul is excited I am sure we all are.

http://twitter.com/#!/aaronpaul_8/stat...101571369738240

Xbones

Xbones

Fanatic

Posted Mar 17, 2012 @ 4:23 PM

Filming starts in less then 2ks - can't wait!

AntiDentite

AntiDentite

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 17, 2012 @ 5:57 PM

Another tweet from Aaron Paul..

The teaser alone in episode 1 S5 will have you screaming more then when someone got blown up last season.

Arg!!! I can't freaking wait!!

petriccione

petriccione

Just Tuned In

Posted Mar 17, 2012 @ 7:57 PM

Hahahahaha Aarons tweets are killing me! He is getting me so excited, better get my diapers cuz he says im gonna shit my pants.

backhometome

backhometome

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 18, 2012 @ 9:25 AM

damn you Aaron for getting me so excited and its not even close to being July yet :(

Lol.

ReadIshmael

ReadIshmael

Stalker

Posted Mar 22, 2012 @ 12:41 PM

Just a reminder about hulu's Best in Show. BB made it through the first two rounds without a problem, but now it's up against The Walking Dead and could use some help.

Edited by ReadIshmael, Mar 22, 2012 @ 10:07 PM.

Xbones

Xbones

Fanatic

Posted Mar 22, 2012 @ 4:16 PM

I've been voting.

shapeshifter

shapeshifter

Fanatic

Posted Mar 25, 2012 @ 10:56 PM

Wikipedia references Bryan Cranston's Facebook post:

A few weeks before cameras roll on season 5. I cant wait. I love doing this show and will miss it when its time to say goodbye. Airs in July.

Emphasis added by me.

peeayebee

peeayebee

Stalker

Posted Mar 28, 2012 @ 9:59 PM

THIS July??!? I'm not really complaining, but that seems too soon.

ikar

ikar

Fanatic

Posted Mar 31, 2012 @ 4:36 PM

Vince interviewed by Digital Spy. Not that spoiler-ish, or I would've put it in that thread... but he's talking about stuff related to writing S5.

Also- they are just starting to show Season THREE on netflix for the UK. Hard to believe how long sometimes it takes for a show to "travel.'