TWoP Dietrich

TWoP Moderator

Posted Mar 21, 2010 @ 12:13 PM

Media-y!

lurk3000

lurk3000

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 21, 2010 @ 4:05 PM

Bob Odenkirk talks about his inspiration for Saul Goodman here.

So psyched for tonight!

TWoP Dietrich

TWoP Dietrich

TWoP Moderator

Posted Mar 21, 2010 @ 4:16 PM

There's another good Odenkirk interview on AVClub. I have a theory that sometimes people will be hired for backup roles on television or in movies because they're good at doing the publicity tours.

ReadIshmael

ReadIshmael

Stalker

Posted Mar 21, 2010 @ 5:54 PM

The New York Times has a nice interview with/article on Aaron Paul, with lots of general talk about what we can expect for Jesse this season.

LethalCandy

LethalCandy

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 22, 2010 @ 8:03 AM

According to this, Bryan Cranston will appear on Letterman (Wednesday the 24th), and Late Night with Jimmy Fallon (Friday the 26th).

birdythurs

birdythurs

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 22, 2010 @ 9:32 AM

I don't think this was mentioned on the old thread (sorry if it was), but Breaking Bad got several nominations for Saturn Awards. Best Syndicated/Cable Series, Bryan Cranston for Best Actor in TV series (of course), Aaron Paul Best Supporting Actor (damn right), and Raymond Cruz as Best Guest Actor (Yaaaayyyyyyy!!!! [/fangirl]).

I'm not quite sure fo the criteria, because if I read it right Saturns are for sci-fi/fantasy/horror. The show can be pretty horrifying, so I'll go with that. Still, huzzah to all!

LethalCandy

LethalCandy

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 22, 2010 @ 10:23 AM

Looks like Anna Gunn was nominated for Best Actress as well :) Very cool!

peeayebee

peeayebee

Stalker

Posted Mar 22, 2010 @ 12:14 PM

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this question, but does anyone know if the podcasts will be continued that Kelly did last year?

Fisher King

Fisher King

Fanatic

Posted Mar 22, 2010 @ 4:40 PM

I am wondering (and hoping) the same thing, peeayebee.

Here's a fairly recent interview with Anna Gunn on season 3. Somewhat spoilerish.

Anyone else reading Hank's blog?

Edited by Fisher King, Mar 22, 2010 @ 5:54 PM.

peeayebee

peeayebee

Stalker

Posted Mar 22, 2010 @ 9:42 PM

A good interview with Cranston in Entertainment Weekly about what to expect in S3.

lurk3000

lurk3000

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 23, 2010 @ 12:00 AM

Looks like Sunday's season 3 opener was the series highest rated! Yay!

Fisher King

Fisher King

Fanatic

Posted Mar 23, 2010 @ 6:02 PM

Glad for the higher ratings!

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this question, but does anyone know if the podcasts will be continued that Kelly did last year?

The podcast is back.

Edited by Fisher King, Mar 23, 2010 @ 6:04 PM.

LethalCandy

LethalCandy

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 24, 2010 @ 8:25 PM

Don't forget to watch Letterman tonight, y'all ;)

peeayebee

peeayebee

Stalker

Posted Mar 24, 2010 @ 9:01 PM

Thanks for the reminder. Not only Bryan Cranston, but Tina Fey too. And Joan Jett and the Blackhearts. Should be good.

calliek

calliek

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 24, 2010 @ 11:26 PM

Re: podcasts

For any newbies to the forum, Kelly joins us here now and then! She's super nice, her insights are great, and she will answer the burning questions :)

Fisher King

Fisher King

Fanatic

Posted Mar 24, 2010 @ 11:40 PM

Regarding Letterman:
Man, as much as I loved the Tina Fey segment, I wish that Bryan had been the first guest. Just not enough time.

Bryan will be on Late Night w/ Jimmy Fallon this Friday, March 26. Hopefully as first guest.

Myndela

Myndela

Fanatic

Posted Mar 24, 2010 @ 11:43 PM

I was greatly disappointed by the DL interview. He was very funny, but he was given the shaft. Bryan Cranston as Walter White was funnier watching Jane choke to death on her own vomit than Tina Fey has ever been in her entire career. Why was she given more time?

Fisher King

Fisher King

Fanatic

Posted Mar 25, 2010 @ 12:04 AM

Bryan Cranston is scheduled to be on Tavis Smiley April 2, PBS.

LethalCandy

LethalCandy

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 25, 2010 @ 12:18 AM

Even though I love Tina Fey, and still thought BC was as great as always, I too was disappointed at how brief his interview was. Like I really needed to hear 'Bad Reputation' for the 800th time instead. Did he even get to talk about the show at ALL? Boo.

peeayebee

peeayebee

Stalker

Posted Mar 25, 2010 @ 11:49 AM

I enjoyed Tina Fey's and Bryan Cranston's segments. I thought BC actually had a pretty long segment -- and, no, this is not in reference to his naturalist story :D -- but I certainly would have enjoyed hearing him talk about BB. Obviously that wasn't planned. I don't know if he decided to just tell jokes or if it was a mutual decision betw him and the show's producers/Letterman, but that was the theme of his visit.

LethalCandy

LethalCandy

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 26, 2010 @ 3:52 PM

Not sure what thread this belongs in, but for anyone who doesn't have S2 on DVD yet, there's some great outtakes included, and I just noticed they're on YouTube already :)

Fisher King

Fisher King

Fanatic

Posted Mar 26, 2010 @ 5:25 PM

That gag reel is great. Thanks!

peeayebee

peeayebee

Stalker

Posted Mar 26, 2010 @ 6:26 PM

Loved it! Thanks a bunch.

LethalCandy

LethalCandy

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 26, 2010 @ 9:56 PM

Love the part where they're dressed as each other's characters. Aaron Paul in that bald cap & mustache never fails to crack me up.

Fisher King

Fisher King

Fanatic

Posted Mar 27, 2010 @ 12:53 AM

Bryan was great on Jimmy Fallon. You should be able to watch the episode at this link starting tomorrow. I say watch his segment and the next because he stays on while Jill Scott is interviewed.
Hilarity ensues.

Myndela

Myndela

Fanatic

Posted Mar 27, 2010 @ 2:45 AM

I certainly enjoyed Brian Cranston's interview on "Jimmy Fallon" much more than on DL. JF gave him much more time, and he had him speak about the show. I can't wait to see the scene where he is pulled over by the cop! And the whole joint-sharing with Jill Scott was great, too. And, Jimmy is becoming a better interviewer as the show goes on. He's miles above what I saw of him back at the end of September while on my cruise.

calliek

calliek

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 27, 2010 @ 11:03 AM

That blooper reel is hilarious!

peeayebee

peeayebee

Stalker

Posted Mar 27, 2010 @ 12:58 PM

Man, I should have recorded JF so I didn't have to watch that stupid car commercial over and over again at the NBC site.

BUT!.... Thanks for the link.

ETA:

I'm having trouble getting the videos to work at the AMC site. Does it work for anyone else?

Edited by peeayebee, Mar 29, 2010 @ 12:59 PM.

Joe R

Joe R

Network Executive

Posted Mar 29, 2010 @ 2:54 PM

Hey folks, can somebody help me out with the podcasts? I can listen to them on the AMC site, but I'm trying to find them in iTunes and I'm only getting the S2 podcasts. Am I not seeing where the s3 podcasts are?

Fisher King

Fisher King

Fanatic

Posted Mar 29, 2010 @ 3:16 PM

There are several people wanting to know when the podcasts will be available on iTunes, JoeR. There will be a loud announcement when it happens. Surely it won't be long. (Didn't mean to call you Shirley)

I've had sporadic trouble with videos not buffering properly on the AMC site, peeayebee. I was just blaming it on my weak internet connection. Comcast Powerboost is crap.