Announcements From and Questions For the Mod

• Please log in to reply

120 replies to this topic

thatguy01

thatguy01

Fanatic

Posted Sep 6, 2011 @ 1:24 AM

I see a thread for 4-8, 4-7, 4-6 and then 4-1, what happened to the threads for 4-2 thru 4-5?

Threads are listed by most recent activity, not ep number. There was a recent post for 4-1, so it jumped ahead of those eps.

hotpeppers

hotpeppers

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 6, 2011 @ 6:43 PM

Thank you! I'll check this out.

ReadIshmael

ReadIshmael

Stalker

Posted Sep 7, 2011 @ 9:42 AM

Can the "s" be taken out of Gus's last name in his thread title? It's Fring, not Frings.

Quilt Fairy

Quilt Fairy

Fanatic

Posted Sep 19, 2011 @ 10:25 AM

Can you pin the current episode to the top and correct it's thread title? The episode name is right but the format is wrong. Thanks.

nuffy

nuffy

Channel Surfer

Posted Dec 4, 2011 @ 10:00 AM

I'm watching the earlier episodes now...is there a link to the original (pre-recap) forum somewhere? I couldn't find it under dramas. Thanks so much!

ReadIshmael

ReadIshmael

Stalker

Posted Dec 4, 2011 @ 12:45 PM

nuffy, the original show thread is in this forum. Go to the last page.

nuffy

nuffy

Channel Surfer

Posted Dec 7, 2011 @ 4:23 PM

Got it, ReadIshmael! Thanks so much!

thatguy01

thatguy01

Fanatic

Posted Jan 30, 2012 @ 11:47 AM

It looks like a spoiler has been added to the Season 5 thread. Can it be moved to the spoilers?

Jst

Jst

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 26, 2012 @ 2:39 PM

Why can I not start a new topic? Do I need to meet a post or reputation quota?

TWoP Dietrich

TWoP Dietrich

TWoP Moderator

Posted May 19, 2012 @ 2:18 PM

Hello, Breaking Bad section! I'm retiring from moderating, so starting tomorrow, your moderator is going to be TWoP Pembleton. Enjoy!

TWoP Pembleton

TWoP Pembleton

TWoP Moderator

Posted May 20, 2012 @ 8:22 PM

Hello, Breaking Bad section! I'm your new moderator. I know it's pretty quiet in the off season but I'm here if you have questions or concerns.

stillshimpy

stillshimpy

Stalker

Posted Jun 19, 2012 @ 10:39 AM

Welcome, Pembleton and fare-thee-well to Dietrich (again, as you were our Game of Thrones mod too!).

hotpeppers

hotpeppers

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 17, 2012 @ 10:25 PM

I hope this is the correct place to ask this of the Moderator.

I posted a reply and just noticed "warn status". Does everyone see this or do I just see mine? What do the numbers represent < 0 ( 1 ) 5 >? I clicked on this and read the reason for the warning. Does this ever go away?

Thank you.

Edited by hotpeppers, Jul 17, 2012 @ 10:26 PM.

Puds38

Puds38

Stalker

Posted Jul 18, 2012 @ 12:48 AM

hotpeppers the only number that counts is the one in the middle. Ideally you want that at zero, but even when it is a zero it stays there. BTW only mods can see your numbers. You can PM a mod to ask what the 1 is for.

TWoP Pembleton

TWoP Pembleton

TWoP Moderator

Posted Jul 18, 2012 @ 8:34 PM

Puds38 is correct, and the poster did send me a PM, which is probably the best way to ask non-show questions.

Fisher King

Fisher King

Fanatic

Posted Jul 22, 2012 @ 10:22 PM

Deleted.

Edited by Fisher King, Jul 23, 2012 @ 11:46 AM.

ReadIshmael

ReadIshmael

Stalker

Posted Jul 26, 2012 @ 6:29 PM

I was thinking about creating a thread to discuss race on the show in light of a couple articles discussing how very, very white it is, but I'm wondering whether that should be its own topic or if I can/should fold in gender/sexuality/ability/class/etc. and have a catch-all social/cultural issues topic.

TWoP Pembleton

TWoP Pembleton

TWoP Moderator

Posted Jul 26, 2012 @ 8:29 PM

I would go with the latter.

ReadIshmael

ReadIshmael

Stalker

Posted Jul 26, 2012 @ 9:23 PM

Thanks for the answer. It'll probably go up tomorrow, unless someone else has the same idea and beats me to it.

TWoP Pembleton

TWoP Pembleton

TWoP Moderator

Posted Sep 7, 2012 @ 9:15 PM

We've only had a few short months together but I've really enjoyed being your section mod and will continue to read the forums! But due to some rejiggering of duties, TWoP Lockley will be your new moderator. I know you will welcome her with open arms, and please direct future questions and/or concerns to her. Thanks!

cyberpumpkin

cyberpumpkin

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 7, 2012 @ 10:41 PM

Thanks for doing a good job, TWoP Pembleton! Welcome TWoP Lockley!

stillshimpy

stillshimpy

Stalker

Posted Sep 7, 2012 @ 10:56 PM

Thanks for your time here, Pembleton, you'll be missed :-) I'm sure it's a time consuming thing and it's appreciated.

Welcome, Lockley! I hope you have a good time and we don't give you too many headaches.

TWoP Lockley

TWoP Lockley

TWoP Moderator

Posted Sep 9, 2012 @ 5:53 PM

Hi everyone!
I've actually been watching this forum closely as a fan so am happy to join the conversation. I'm sure we'll find plenty to talk about as we wait impatiently for the final episodes!

peeayebee

peeayebee

Stalker

Posted Sep 29, 2012 @ 10:48 PM

I thought we had a DVD thread, but I can't find one. I don't know if we never had one or if, perhaps, the thread got moved to another forum because of the weird stuff happening here lately. Do you happen to know?

TWoP Lockley

TWoP Lockley

TWoP Moderator

Posted Sep 30, 2012 @ 1:21 PM

I don't see one either, so that means there isn't one or that it disappeared, though it seems like every other possible thread is still there. Feel free to create one if you have DVD-specific commentary.

TWoP Lockley

TWoP Lockley

TWoP Moderator

Posted Jun 5, 2013 @ 5:17 PM

With the hotly anticipated final episodes finally on the way I wanted to say a few words on spoilers. Please keep all spoilers strictly in the spoiler discussion thread. And if you're spoiled, I'm going to ask you refrain from posting in the speculation thread entirely so as to not inadvertently let anything slip.

On a personal note I am weirdly proud to admit that Breaking Bad is the only show I've watched without being a spoiler whore (been reading TWOP since 2000 and have a hard time with spoiler willpower!). Given that, I'll be modding the spoiler thread through squinted eyeballs. I don't think it will be a huge problem because you all are generally so cool, but maybe, for my sake, be extra kind to one another in that thread so I don't have to get too deep into it? :-)

Thanks!

Edited by TWoP Lockley, Jun 5, 2013 @ 5:17 PM.

JOnanGoopta

JOnanGoopta

Fanatic

Posted Jul 24, 2013 @ 12:54 AM

Quick request for clarification.  They've started posting actual spoilers in the spoilers thread.  Now, I hate to be a weenie (he says while being a total weenie seriously this dude is complaining they're posting spoilers in a spoiler thread) but there is a lot of stuff also being in that thread that isn't spoilers as such, like teasers and trailers released by AMC.

Shouldn't stuff being posted in spoilers actually be spoilers?  I hate to miss discussion that isn't "real" spoilers because I'm going to have to avoid that thread from now on.

Fisher King

Fisher King

Fanatic

Posted Jul 25, 2013 @ 8:53 AM

I hate to be a narc but post # 892 in the "Media"  thread has a spoiler. It's a description of a clip that was shown at Comic-Con and may not be considered a legitimate (TWoP rule) spoiler but it would be more appropriate in the spoiler thread, IMO.

TWoP Lockley

TWoP Lockley

TWoP Moderator

Posted Jul 25, 2013 @ 9:36 AM

You're not a narc, especially since I am avoiding spoilers for this show myself...I appreciate the heads up. In the future please use the "report" button for things like this....that's what it is for. Thanks

Fisher King

Fisher King

Fanatic

Posted Jul 25, 2013 @ 6:51 PM

Will do! Thank you.