9-13: "Our Thanks" 2010.03.17

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

17 replies to this topic

whywatch

whywatch

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 17, 2010 @ 9:49 PM

The med students of Winston University finally find something to be thankful for when Cole identifies his true calling in surgery, Drew finds the love of his life, and Lucy finds the inspiration to become a doctor.

possibilities

possibilities

Stalker

Posted Mar 17, 2010 @ 11:03 PM

Lucy finds the inspiration to become a doctor? What?

I noticed Turk mentioned his daughterS-- did I forget a birth or was that a bit of information we didn't already have?

samsnee

samsnee

Stalker

Posted Mar 17, 2010 @ 11:14 PM

So this was possibly the last episode of Scrubs ever?

dcalley

dcalley

Fanatic

Posted Mar 18, 2010 @ 2:09 AM

Possibilities, I don't even know. Kind of sad.

Man, how many times have we watched what might have been the final episode? This show has got to hold the record. I think this is the real final episode ever, but who knows?

My favorite joke was Cole saying he'd been a slutty ninja for Halloween.

Shalamar

Shalamar

Fanatic

Posted Mar 18, 2010 @ 8:57 AM

Somehow Cole has become one of my favorite characters; I have no idea how. I couldn't stand the guy at first. He's hilarious and kind of sweet in a gross way.

Sandman

Sandman

Stalker

Posted Mar 18, 2010 @ 10:57 AM

My DVR summary listed this as the season finale. (I know we've heard that before with Scrubs, so...)

My favorite joke was Cole saying he'd been a slutty ninja for Halloween.

I liked how he had to update his Facebook status before pursuing his chance to have Turk as his mentor. (Why do I think his status would be listed as "Kick-Ass Protojay"?)

What was the final joke about the other student Turk really wanted as his protégé? My DVR flaked out at the last minute.

Edited by Sandman, Mar 19, 2010 @ 9:12 AM.

braggtastic

braggtastic

Stalker

Posted Mar 18, 2010 @ 12:13 PM

If that was the finale, it's crappy that Ken Jenkins wasn't in it.

tonitonitone

tonitonitone

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 18, 2010 @ 5:42 PM

"Cole Cutz"

Too funny!!

Edited by tonitonitone, Mar 18, 2010 @ 5:42 PM.

CantThinkUpName

CantThinkUpName

Stalker

Posted Mar 18, 2010 @ 5:56 PM

Somehow Cole has become one of my favorite characters; I have no idea how. I couldn't stand the guy at first. He's hilarious and kind of sweet in a gross way.

I think it's because Franco commits to the character sells him so well. Cole does have a heart inside but he's not mushy so it's not like his frattish douchebaggery is some sort of facade, which in a bizarre way makes him kind of more realistic(?). He's an earnest dick. I have no idea how it happened either and clearly it's hard to explain but he regularly gets the funniest lines in the episode.

Edited by CantThinkUpName, Mar 18, 2010 @ 5:59 PM.

overg

overg

Fanatic

Posted Mar 18, 2010 @ 6:21 PM

Really? That was the season finale, and probably the series finale? I had no idea. How depressing. I thought they did a really nice job rebooting the show this year, and followed up on last year's strong comeback. Sad if that's truly the end, but other than a few rough years in the middle, I'd classify the series as one of the all time greats. It was probably never my favorite sitcom on tv, but its best episodes could hold their own against damn near anything.

Hope it pulls the rabbit out of the hat one more time, but given how long it's lived on the edge it's pretty much a miracle it made it this far.

whywatch

whywatch

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 18, 2010 @ 7:04 PM

Well, damn. It took til the last show, but my least favorite character became my favorite. Coal Cutz! Cracked me up. Actually before I watched, I was fine with this being the last of Scrubs. Now, not so much. Lucy was even less annoying.

Cleo256

Cleo256

Stalker

Posted Mar 19, 2010 @ 4:50 PM

I noticed Turk mentioned his daughterS-- did I forget a birth or was that a bit of information we didn't already have?

I think there was a previous Season 9 episode that referenced Carla being pregnant a second time. I don't think it came up in Season 8, but it's possible I just forgot.

Cole is funny. I've warmed on him. Someone said in another thread that he's the same character as Dr. Kelso, just from a different generation, and I think that's true. The character really does work on the same level. And him finding direction, to actually care about becoming a surgeon, makes him even more interesting.

The new show is okay. It's not the show I loved, but it's not bad. It still makes me laugh, especially when Dr. Cox is around. If it returns, I'll watch. If it goes away forever, I won't be sad. I'll pop in my DVDs of the first 8 years and fondly remember my favorite TV show of all time.

Primal

Primal

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 20, 2010 @ 12:23 AM

This is like the third or fourth episode this season that has just made me momentarily wonder if another season wouldn't be such an awful thing... doubt it will get the chance though.

HalfwayThere

HalfwayThere

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 20, 2010 @ 11:12 AM

I'm gonna miss new Scrubs...

Or rather, I'm going to miss Drew/Denise and Cole. I rewatched some of the earlier episodes and Cole comes off so much better now that his character is established.

Nitpick: Didn't Denise say in the firstish episode that she gets free room and board?

remlap

remlap

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 20, 2010 @ 12:40 PM

Nitpick: Didn't Denise say in the firstish episode that she gets free room and board?

Yep she did, but I guess she will leave her job as student adviser and TA after this year because she is clearly going to be chief resident and wants Drew to move in with her.

Fatty McButter

Fatty McButter

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 21, 2010 @ 1:13 PM

I'm gonna miss new Scrubs...

Halfway There, I agree. I didn't like the first episode, which introduced the new characters, but I've come to enjoy "Scrubs:Med School." I wouldn't miss Cox or Turk, frankly, and I'm still not a big fan of Lucy, but I like the other characters. I find Cole hysterical because he's such an over-the-top douche, and I like Drew's dominance over him. I was a little disappointed that they made Denise a more of a "girly-girl" in the past episode.

whywatch

whywatch

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 21, 2010 @ 2:13 PM

I think this show improved when they finally got rid of J.D. I'm about over Cox, too. He serves a purpose, at least.

undecideable

undecideable

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 12, 2013 @ 5:42 PM

I've finally, incredibly late to the party, gotten to see season 9 of Scrubs. It shouldn't have been season 9, it should have been season 1 of a new show as everyone says, but even as Season 9 I would have gladly watched more seasons with these new kids and see it as a real missed opportunity for ABC to create a franchise.

Plus keeping Denise from season 8 was a great move. The only real problem I had with it was the lack of Carla appearances.