The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

• Please log in to reply

45754 replies to this topic

Barbie Doll

Barbie Doll

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 18, 2012 @ 10:03 PM

Brandi's comments about wanting to get some money like most of the other HW's read as totally innocuous to me. I really don't see her disliking the Maloof Goof* for her inherited wealth but liking Lisa, Yolanda and Camille. Doesn't compute for me.

Agree. My view is Brandi is turned off by Adrienne's abuse of her wealth/power and how heartless and/or ignorant she is regarding those who don't have her kind of money (wanting someone who truly needs the Housewife gig off the show, saying it's easy to have it all when she was born with such extreme wealth, using her money/power to get what she wants, etc). Lisa on the other hand has been a supportive friend since they've gotten over the initial drama-welcoming her on the show, wishing her well with her book, hooking her up with a modeling gig, etc. These other women have all treated Brandi differently, so it makes sense she's going to treat them differently as well (not intimating she should have put Adrienne on blast concerning something personal, I just understand where Brandi's comments about her money are coming from).

rustyspigot

rustyspigot

Fanatic

Posted Dec 18, 2012 @ 10:05 PM

I'm slowly coming to the conclusion that RHOB is way too intense and serious.

Not with that preview of Taylor with the healer or whatever that was just on for next week. That shit was funny. Why ask your lawyer if there will be a settlement, just go to Princess Diana's BFF clairvoyant.

I'd have opened my eyes if I was Taylor too to make sure she wasn't stealing knick knacks off the side tables.

Edited by rustyspigot, Dec 18, 2012 @ 10:08 PM.

Barbaloot

Barbaloot

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 18, 2012 @ 10:06 PM

I said Brandi mentioned those four reasons for not liking Adrienne, I didn't say they were true. If people think they're reasonable or not, that's subjective. What does seem to be true, however, is that Adrienne is not above unleashing her chef to do some of her dirty work and uses the press in some pretty vicious attacks.

Oh, sorry then; your original wording regarding Adrienne's relative harmlessness implied that you had formed your opinion based on what Brandi (and later Paul) said. And, to be fair, that half-illiterate chef is a grown man with free will.

Brandi's a dope. Just because other people also are dopes doesn't mean she is not an inappropriate dope too.

Edited by Barbaloot, Dec 18, 2012 @ 10:15 PM.

WaltersHair

WaltersHair

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 18, 2012 @ 10:18 PM

So the new trend in decorating is lavender? The pastel 70's are back with Larry's Lavender Lounge (real place in Chicago back in the day).

And because it can't be said enough, shut up Faye.

Truexprincess8

Truexprincess8

Loyal Viewer

Posted Dec 18, 2012 @ 10:20 PM

Yes, Brandi was wrong for revealing whatever it was she revealed about Adrienne and Paul. However, what Faye did last night was not at all the same thing. AT.ALL. Faye was just being rude. Whatever occurred between Brandi and Adrienne was not her business. She's not even one of the housewives which makes her involvement even more ridiculous. Whatever happened had no bearing on her life whatsoever. She wanted to get attention and that is why she did it. It was completely absurd to me that she (and Kyle) kept trying to tell Brandi that what she felt was wrong and wasn't what had actually occurred. How in the hell does Faye know?! That really pissed me off. Brandi is not little Portia and this is not some playground fight so trying to tell her to "play nice" was just stupid.

No one can tell Brandi what she should feel about her personal relationship with Adrienne...especially Janey-come-lately Faye. I get the feeling that Brandi is sincerely sorry for what has transpired. However, it was understandable that she would need time to collect her thoughts before even considering reaching out to Lisa. For Faye to tell her that if she doesn't do it right this minute, then she can't be sincere at all in her remorse. Like...really? It was making no sense. Faye was just wanting to hear herself talk and shut Brandi down. There was no reasoning with her which is probably why none of the other ladies tried to intervene, especially after Marisa tried and got shut down.

PhilMarlowe2

PhilMarlowe2

Fanatic

Posted Dec 18, 2012 @ 10:30 PM

To me it seemed like Brandi went after Adrienne in both small and big ways at the reunion for no other reasons than she was auditioning for a permanent gig...

Mileage definitely varies on this because I haven't personally seen anything on the show to suggest that Brandi feels a need to create conflict for the simple sake of being on the show. In fact, I have always thought Brandi seems to have this misguided desire to truly be friends with all the women - most notably, I'm remembering how upset she got after the Malibu Beach Party From Hell when she was hugging her friend and saying something to the effect of, "I just want them to like me." I also think it's worth pointing out that there have been occasions - such as the trip to Hawaii - for Brandi has gotten along well with everyone. In fact, Brandi even went out of her way to be a major voice of support for Kyle when she was distraught over Kim's behavior with Ken in HI. There have also been instances like the white party where Brandi clearly went out of her way to not engage with incredibly aggressive Kim and thereby not cause drama. I am not going to defend Brandi's method of handling conflict, but I do feel that everything we have seen has been consistent with her claim that she pretty much only fights back when she is being attacked in some way. In general, she seems to really want to click with this group - part of the reason why, I think, she is okay repeatedly taking Kim's jabs about the "meth" comment. It would be so easy for her to point out Kim's part in that night, but she seems willing to overlook it because there is a near desperation to finally belong.

Edited by PhilMarlowe2, Dec 18, 2012 @ 10:32 PM.

Shortcake2001

Shortcake2001

Couch Potato

Does anyone else have an episode description on their cable guide that reads, "The Social Edition" and is listed as a new episode featuring social media content for this franchise?

NTLurker

NTLurker

Fanatic

I'm slowly coming to the conclusion that RHOB is way too intense and serious. I mean, on Sunday, I was scream-laughing about "Gone With The Wind Fabulous" and drunken non-slaps -- and then Monday, BAM! the uncomfortable intensity of BH......not sure this franchise is entertaining anymore.

I agree with this. I really miss the first season of RHOB where it was all about jet setting on Adrienne's private plane, fancy houses, fancy parties etc. Now its all doom and gloom and very little fun.

GirlyNerd

GirlyNerd

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 18, 2012 @ 10:31 PM

So the new trend in decorating is lavender? The pastel 70's are back with Larry's Lavender Lounge (real place in Chicago back in the day).

I don't see Kyle's dining room aging well at all. It has an old lady-ish look.

To me, her (or should I say, Faye's) choice of wall covering, drapery, and upholstery would be more appropriate in an upscale department store powder room.

MarMarl14

MarMarl14

Channel Surfer

Posted Dec 18, 2012 @ 10:45 PM

I wonder if Faye will be sending Brandi an Orchid? If she doesn't, then we'll know that Faye is not really sorry.

Edited by MarMarl14, Dec 18, 2012 @ 10:46 PM.

barkley

barkley

Fanatic

Posted Dec 18, 2012 @ 10:46 PM

Well, the Bravo editors are at it again. When Brandi gets up to leave after Faye's last attack, Lisa is not sitting in her chair and in fact, she is in the kitchen when Brandi opens the door. That answers my question on why Lisa wasn't standing up for her.

I loved how Lisa shut Faye down at the end with how she wasn't too happy when Adrienne attacked her integrity and hurt her business with her baseless accusations.

Faye is a scumbag. Her talking about integrity is a fucking joke.

Taylor and the psychic were an absolute hoot! She had the same expression on her face that I would have in that situation.

cooksdelight

cooksdelight

Stalker

Posted Dec 18, 2012 @ 10:46 PM

All these women -- especially Brandi -- need to learn the art of shutting someone up to the point they have nothing left.

It's pretty easy. When someone like Faye sticks her nose in it, of Kyle asks what is your problem with Adrienne, you merely respond "Why?"

Keep repeating "Why?" every time they ask a question you either don't have an answer for or don't want to answer, eventually they get tired and move on. Used to work when I was a teenager, and these women are about as mature.

Lola16

Lola16

Fanatic

Posted Dec 18, 2012 @ 11:26 PM

All Faye needed was an electronic cigarette.

chainey

chainey

Fanatic

Posted Dec 18, 2012 @ 11:28 PM

Does anyone else have an episode description on their cable guide that reads, "The Social Edition" and is listed as a new episode featuring social media content for this franchise?

Yes, its usually the last episode aired with social media added and they call it New. I haven't been paying attention lately but they started doing it the following week before the new episode aired.

I don't see Kyle's dining room aging well at all. It has an old lady-ish look.

I thought she was going for Ralph Lauren but now I don't know what it is but I'm not sure I like it. Hard to tell because the spaces are more closed in than the more modern McMansions so it probably isn't as film friendly.

LabLover27

LabLover27

Fanatic

Posted Dec 19, 2012 @ 12:08 AM

All Kyle's dining room needed was Mrs. Cleo and a crystal ball, along with the electronic cig ;)

kemon

kemon

Fanatic

Posted Dec 19, 2012 @ 12:09 AM

Kim's TH showed her saying if Kyle was Adrienne's friend she would have called Adrienne and told her what Brandi said at Sur. My question to Kim would be, why didn't SHE make that call herself?

I wonder why Brandi used the show to divulge a secret of Adrieene? Why not just sell the story as a source? She's so good at blabbing to the tabloids for a buck. She says she regrets saying what she said at Sur, but I find that hard to believe. She had no idea the secret would be bleeped out. I get the feeling she simply wanted revenge for some wrong-doing on Adrienne's part.

Funny how Adrienne accused Lisa on the reunion show and now here is someone dishing out to her some karma. How does it feel Adrienne to have someone accuse you of something? Not so nice, is it?

Gigi43

Gigi43

Fanatic

Posted Dec 19, 2012 @ 12:21 AM

From what I've seen of Brandi so far, if she cut back on the swearing (I just have a thing about casual swearing, though I'm more liberal about it on the internet...) and also if she stopped bringing up her marriage, I could really like her. I get you film your life. Brandi can have a story rebuilding her life. Confronting your husband's other woman on TV, is going to be a really awkward thing for her sons to know about or even possibly see one day.

Tafatia

Tafatia

Fanatic

Posted Dec 19, 2012 @ 12:27 AM

When Brandi appears to be close friends with only Lisa at this point, imo it would not make sense for her to say she's pissed at Adrienne for wanting her to be out of this group of women who can't stand her/vice versa. Someone who's a nasty person, like Faye appears to be, would just say something like "well after everything that's happened you don't belong with this group/deserved to be iced out." It's tricky to explain it all without getting in trouble with Bravo/more trouble with Adrienne.

But up to this point Brandi has been talking mucho crap about Adrienne, she's called her a liar, stupid, a cheater, selfish, manipulative, competitive to a fault, someone who does not make any effort that would mess up her weave, and does not have anything going for her other than being born rich, so I don't understand how Brandi stating in code that Adrienne did not want her on the show is any worse than the other things she's said about Adrienne.

My view is Brandi is turned off by Adrienne's abuse of her wealth/power and how heartless and/or ignorant she is regarding those who don't have her kind of money (wanting someone who truly needs the Housewife gig off the show, saying it's easy to have it all when she was born with such extreme wealth, using her money/power to get what she wants, etc).

But Adrienne did not pull out her can of rich woman's whoop ass until Brandi, not once but twice, spouted personal information about Adrienne on camera, prior to that Adrienne's "abuse of her wealth/power" and "heartlessness" amounted to, if Brandi is to be believed, a couple of phone calls to Brandi trying to get Brandi's on her side / support.

Edited by Tafatia, Dec 19, 2012 @ 12:51 AM.

Shortcake2001

Shortcake2001

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 19, 2012 @ 12:54 AM

Kim's TH showed her saying if Kyle was Adrienne's friend she would have called Adrienne and told her what Brandi said at Sur. My question to Kim would be, why didn't SHE make that call herself?

Exactly. I cannot help but wonder how much was that producer-driven? Was Kim told not to call but to tell Adrienne at the next Bravo filmed event?

Brandi said in her TH that Adrienne was lacking in friends. Brandi has no room to talk. She herself said during her first season that she hardly had friends. Someone here mentioned Brandi's comments about trying to make friends after the fiasco at the Malibu beach party. Well, with all the gossip and rude comments she says about people to the tabloids and how she has diarrhea of the mouth on television about people, it is no wonder she is friendless, the exception of course being Lisa, who I really think just replaced Cedric with Brandi. Lisa is friends of the friendless I guess.

I wouldn't trust Brandi with any private details as a friend. People who gossip will talk behind your back about your private business.

Edited by Shortcake2001, Dec 19, 2012 @ 12:58 AM.

Pop Tart

Pop Tart

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 19, 2012 @ 12:59 AM

I just did a re-watch and most everything has been said, but a couple of things struck me. One is that I think that Brandi is Lisa's new Cedric. As long as she's following Lisa's lead on things she'll be fine, but I picture a point in the future when Brandi will step out of line and Lisa will cut her off at the knees. I was going to say that she's acting almost maternal with Brandi, but no, I think actually she's treating her like her latest pet - much like Cedric.

The other thing I caught was when Brandi was talking to Lisa about Adrienne going to the tabloids and Lisa asked her how she can know that. Brandi says something about the timing of the latest article but she also says she has lots of contacts at various tabloids. That to me sounds like someone who's done her fair share of tattling to the tabs. Whether Adrienne has given them gossip or not, no idea, but at this point I'd say that Brandi has in the past.

And really I'm guessing they all have at some point or another. That's part of the famewhore game. Drop a tidbit or two, tell this tab or that one where you're going to be, it's all part of the fame game. Heck Teresa of RHONJ has a whole cottage industry going.

Ha! Shortcake you're reading my mind.

Edited by Pop Tart, Dec 19, 2012 @ 1:01 AM.

al13

al13

Stalker

Posted Dec 19, 2012 @ 1:08 AM

Faye's presentation skills are impressive; even her apology included that she is just such an honest person that she can't help herself from commenting on Brandi's awfulness. She clearly didn't care that Brandi was crying and is still maintaining that Brandi is absolutely vicious and Faye is a moral saint for telling Brandi she was a bad person.

It's kind of funny and so clearly unaware of how horrible she came off.

It also makes one wonder what Kyle says off camera.

AND I was surprised by how little Lisa pushed any of her points when contrasted to her talking heads. Either she decided it was pointless with Faye, or she is much less quick on her feet than I previously thought.

toogoodtobetrue

toogoodtobetrue

Video Archivist

Posted Dec 19, 2012 @ 1:12 AM

I think Lisa's affection for Brandi is real. She is quite upset at Kyle at the dinner party and tells Kyle to see Brandi out/or not to let her leave in that state (I don't remember which). She then follows Brandi out herself, Brandi is crying and Lisa seems genuinely concerned. (This was in the sneak peek that aired tonight.)

Yorkville

Yorkville

Loyal Viewer

Posted Dec 19, 2012 @ 1:27 AM

Faye is vile. A reformed coke whore who judges now?

JakeyIsSusan

JakeyIsSusan

Fanatic

Posted Dec 19, 2012 @ 1:44 AM

This struck me because in Kim's blog, she claims that she left Adrienne a voice mail message before Mauricio's event, but Adrienne didn't get it in time.

As far as Lisa being quiet at the dinner party, I think part of her nature is that she detests confrontation. Also, she has written several times in her blog that she doesn't necessarily believe everyone has to have the same opinion about people; for example, she claims that she didn't discuss the other women with Yolanda in the beginning because she wanted Yolanda to form her own opinions. However, I don't think it was entirely clear that Faye was going for the jugular until she told Marisa to be quiet.

ktayb

ktayb

Fanatic

Posted Dec 19, 2012 @ 2:11 AM

Faye is vile. A reformed coke whore who judges now?

Exactly.

Oh and Faye, STFU!

Tafatia

Tafatia

Fanatic

Posted Dec 19, 2012 @ 2:14 AM

Mileage definitely varies on this because I haven't personally seen anything on the show to suggest that Brandi feels a need to create conflict for the simple sake of being on the show. In fact, I have always thought Brandi seems to have this misguided desire to truly be friends with all the women - most notably, I'm remembering how upset she got after the Malibu Beach Party From Hell when she was hugging her friend and saying something to the effect of, "I just want them to like me." I also think it's worth pointing out that there have been occasions - such as the trip to Hawaii - for Brandi has gotten along well with everyone. In fact, Brandi even went out of her way to be a major voice of support for Kyle when she was distraught over Kim's behavior with Ken in HI. There have also been instances like the white party where Brandi clearly went out of her way to not engage with incredibly aggressive Kim and thereby not cause drama. I am not going to defend Brandi's method of handling conflict, but I do feel that everything we have seen has been consistent with her claim that she pretty much only fights back when she is being attacked in some way. In general, she seems to really want to click with this group - part of the reason why, I think, she is okay repeatedly taking Kim's jabs about the "meth" comment. It would be so easy for her to point out Kim's part in that night, but she seems willing to overlook it because there is a near desperation to finally belong.

My original comment was more about Brandi's behavior at the reunion being motivated by her trying to secure a permanent spot on the show and also show allegiance to Lisa. Although I actually do think that Brandi does feel the need to incite conflict and drama, and in her case it goes beyond her being on a reality TV show, I think that it gives her a purpose in life. I don't think that the other women have comported themselves well but I think that they played into her hands in that the other women behaving bitchily towards Brandi gave her a reason to be a bigger bitch back, and that is not just my view of Brandi, she basically said that about herself in her first episode on the show. Also I think that some of this is at play in her dust ups with her ex-husband and his current wife.

I feel absolutely no sympathy for what happened to Kim on Game Night and the fallout that Kim and Kyle experienced after the episode aired, but IMO Brandi (as did half of the free world) knew that Kim had a substance abuse problem and that she was loaded that night, Brandi had already been shaded by Kyle and then along comes Kim acting an ass and getting coddled and cheered on by Kyle, Dana and to a lesser extent Camille, and IMO Brandi knew that before the night was out somehow, someway she was going to blow Kim's spot sky high.

Re Brandi wanting to make friends with the other women at the Malibu party, wasn't she calling them old hags or somesuch earlier that evening? But Brandi's been contradictory like that all along, she made a comment about Lisa acting her age with the, "isn't she like sixty or something" line, but then she is like, "oh you're British, do you like my Alexander McQueen purse?" Yeah I think that when they are in the midst of filming or when she is home alone with her wine and Lexapro, Brandi wants to be connected with her castmates, at this time it is Kyle and Kim, at one time it was Adrienne and maybe Taylor, and at some point it will be Yolanda. And in fairness these women are catty and even if they are being polite, not all of them have accepted her and I do think that Brandi behaves like a pendulum who swings from desperately wanting to be their friend to knowing that she is not one of them and wanting to lash out over it.

honahlea

honahlea

Just Tuned In

Posted Dec 19, 2012 @ 3:04 AM

1. The maddening thing about the Housewives (across the series) is that they all seem to want to be sane, universally beloved leader. Adrienne was like that in the first season, wanting to be above everyone and calming them down when they got into fights (until she became a part of it and slung shit at Lisa at the reunion) and Kyle's desperation for that role has putrified all the seasons. From the Ojai footage, it seems Yolanda is like that too, wanting to stay out of the fights and just shoot footage that will result in viewers adoring her and envying her lifestyle. Faye obviously wants on the show, and she wants the 'voice of reason' role. Kyle was happy for her to come on and say those things because it 'validates' (I hate this word) her position if outsiders (non cast members) also take hers and Adrienne's side against Brandi. I can't believe Brandi stayed as long as she did or remained as calm as she did.

2. Everyone knows that money dictates relationships in that town but the shocking thing is how little effort the girls make to hide that. Kyle would never in a million years take riff-raff Brandi's side because she wants Adrienne and her connections for Mauricio's business and her social status. The way she introduced Marisa/Melissa (?) for example was so sickening. She was so proud to prattle off how "Hollywood" Marisa's marriage was. I think Faye is the same. I don't buy the bullshit about the long history. Faye is siding with Adrienne because of Adrienne's wealth and status. What sane person judges another woman or gets in someone else's business having only heard her best friend's side of the story (who herself isn't part of it.) That kind of automatism belongs to high school girls.

3. I think Brandi is like a porcupine. When she feels threatened, she sticks out her spikes, and everyone around her basically just points and goes 'you're so mean', completely neglecting to see that she didn't start it but rather, was reacting to someone else's actions. I think she's riot. I'd much rather be her friend than Adrienne's. I think Adrienne assumed she would be the neutral, universally loved one but when Lisa became more popular than her she couldn't handle it and didn't know where she fit in. So her first reaction was to take Lisa down by accusing her of selling stories to the tabloids. That failed, and when Brandi (someone Adrienne probably thought was quite insignificant) took Lisa's side, Adrienne's didn't know what to make of it. She's probably used to everyone taking her side because of her money. Never having had to be nice to someone before to get them to like you, she resorted to intimidating Brandi back to her side or at least, away from Lisa.

Obviously, I'm team Brandi all the way. Cannot stand Adrienne or Kyle. Or Faye.

Dancin Queen

Dancin Queen

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 19, 2012 @ 4:07 AM

I think Paul's anger was telling. He reacted like someone truly shocked that this something was said out loud. Adrienne was not, not even a little. He was BLOWN AWAY by whatever it was, but Adrienne just rolled her eyes, which tells me he was truly unaware of the story while Adrienne was well aware and prepared to NOT react. If that makes sense.

Considering how Paul and Adrienne fell out soon after, and Paul and Brandi are now friendly, perhaps it was something Paul needed to hear. And more explosive than a surrogacy claim.

I agree that Paul's anger was way over the top, and would bet it had nothing to do with the open 'secret' of surrogacy. For Paul to be so outraged, to the point of wanting to hit Brandi, the secret has to do with his bruised ego as well. I'm willing to bet that it has something to do with Sheen and Adrienne joining in the partying via coke & sex. Even if Paul & Adrienne had an open marriage, I don't think Paul would appreciate (if true) any of this getting out (esp. if relates to coke/drugs and kinky sexcapades)...and possibly having their kids hear about it. Besides his bruised ego (if he wasn't involved), it's enough to drive him over the edge and stick up for his wife. Now THAT would indeed warrant a lawsuit in his/their eyes.

honahlea

honahlea

Just Tuned In

Posted Dec 19, 2012 @ 5:12 AM

I just noticed on Twitter that Brandi thanked Marisa (who on her profile, calls herself a Real Housewife of Beverly Hills) for sending her flowers, so maybe those two are friends now.

I think the reason Brandi won't apologise is that if she does, the girls in that circle will see it as her concession that she is the one at fault for everything. Why apologise if everyone is going to use it against you in the future to say "look, see, you were bad and you even said so yourself."

fashionista79

fashionista79

Stalker

Posted Dec 19, 2012 @ 5:39 AM

Yet she was all over Kim apologizing for Game Night, even though it was Kim who behaved abysmally toward her. Kim has yet to provide an apology to Brandi; she just goes on about how her daughters hated Brandi, how what Brandi said was uncalled for, how she didn't know what crystal meth was, how mean Brandi was to her. And yet Brandi chooses still to be under Kim's behind.

Edited by fashionista79, Dec 19, 2012 @ 10:56 AM.