The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

• Please log in to reply

45768 replies to this topic

GailyGail

GailyGail

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 25, 2010 @ 7:02 PM

I agree with Stavros -- Kelsey Grammar is filthy rich. They definitely don't need the money.

Kim Richards still looks amazing. I think she will be great on this show.

ava24

ava24

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 25, 2010 @ 7:53 PM

In addition to being the executive producer of Girlfriends (and The Game), isn't he also the executive producer of "Medium?" Yeah, I've never thought the Grammers were hurting for cash. Methinks Grammer's wife's involvement is closely tied to coincide with Kelsey's backing of the launch of RightTV, the "Tea Party" Network.

At this point, everyone involved in the franchise has an ulterior motive - they literally have to say to themselves, "In spite of the inevitable downside, the exposure will be utterly worth it." Humiliation of their children, exposure of their deepest secrets - NOTHING phases them in their pursuit of "IT." Personally, I could and would never do it, but I'm no longer shocked by people who would do ANYTHING to "make it."

Candy Moocher

Candy Moocher

Fanatic

Posted Apr 25, 2010 @ 7:57 PM

And the fact that Kelsey has been off a hit show for 5 years means nothing. At any given time you can find either Cheer's or Fraizer being rerun all over the world. He gets a check every time one of those shows airs, and while he could live comfortably on the Cheer's check, his Frazier check is quite large.

Yes. I see reruns of Frasier almost as often as I see Seinfeld reruns, and Jerry Seinfeld makes anywhere from $10-30mil per year from those. Of course, Seinfeld wore many hats on that show (executive producer, writer, creator, actor) but even if Grammar pulled in half of that, he and his family would be able to live comfortably. Unless he invested with Madoff, I can't see why the Grammars would financially need to do this show. I'm sure Camille has a book coming out, or jewelry to peddle, or a fledgling music career that we've yet to hear about. Fabulous. I'm kinda bored already.

Edited by Candy Moocher, Apr 25, 2010 @ 7:58 PM.

Lucygirl2

Lucygirl2

Fanatic

Posted Apr 25, 2010 @ 8:00 PM

Kim & Kyle Richards aren't twins.

persiaa

persiaa

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 25, 2010 @ 9:53 PM

Is Bravo going to have both Housewives of Beverly Hills, and still have a separate show for the OC Housewives? I think they're over saturating the market.

PowerfulNiolani

PowerfulNiolani

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 25, 2010 @ 10:43 PM

Don't forget the RHOWashington. It's surely overkill.

Duke Harbinger

Duke Harbinger

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 26, 2010 @ 12:06 AM

Is Bravo going to have both Housewives of Beverly Hills, and still have a separate show for the OC Housewives? I think they're over saturating the market.

Seriously. If they want to bring this on, they should put the OC HWs out to pasture. I've never watched (I stick to the NY and - gulp - NJ variations), but it seems even those who do are simply over them, and there is too much overlap between their demographic and BH, one would think (although the OC is more suburban). But I guess it's too much to hope that a reality TV series is simply retired with programming rationale, rather than trotted out again and again until ratings fall through the floor finally.

I'm not sure how I'd feel about watching Grammer's wife. I certainly was a fan of his Frasier character from Cheers/Frasier, but Grammer's well-known politics and his aggressive advocacy thereof turn me off of his actual real-life persona quite a bit. (That's my own thing, I realize.) Still, I'm open-minded to seeing how she would fare, and she's actually married, unlike many of these so-called Bravo housewives.

And for the poster who wondered about the RHoNY thread, I think it's been locked up until all the fuss over Jill's Amazon hi-jinx, which led to a feeding frenzy in that thread, dies down.

biscuitsngravy

biscuitsngravy

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 26, 2010 @ 1:33 PM

Let's hope Kelsey Grammar's wife doesn't embarass him.

Hmmmm. I know Kelsey. I know things. I'm getting a new screen name so I can spill!! Whoo-Hoo!

Hey Kel: Think Ellis. buh-bye!

Edited by biscuitsngravy, Apr 26, 2010 @ 1:35 PM.

PowerfulNiolani

PowerfulNiolani

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 26, 2010 @ 1:38 PM

Kelsey and Camille used to go on Howard Stern and it seemed Howard was obsessed with Camille's bout with Irritable Bowel Syndrome. She always sounded very boring and almost with no personality.

simpleHope

simpleHope

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 27, 2010 @ 6:40 PM

Kim and Kyle look great. I had no idea Kathy was their big sister. I will be watching this one.

eurp

eurp

Couch Potato

Posted May 13, 2010 @ 9:14 PM

I remember Kim Richards from a 1960s show called Nanny and the Professor with Juliet Mills. I think Kim played a child named Prudence.

Changing the topic, does this Real Housewives (which really does sound fun) mean the Real Housewives of DC has been scrapped or put on the back burner?

BillieJeanDavy

BillieJeanDavy

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 13, 2010 @ 9:45 PM

I remember Kyle from Watcher in the Woods. "Nerak!"

I'm so excited for this franchise because of the Richards girls. Tuff Turf is one of the best 80's movies! I wonder if Kim will walk the night?

Marla Singer

Marla Singer

Fanatic

Posted May 13, 2010 @ 10:22 PM

The only reason I plan on watching this is because Kelsey Grammar's wife has IBS and I'm hoping something awful happens on camera.

Penny Sycamore

Penny Sycamore

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 14, 2010 @ 10:31 AM

Hope this isn't veering off-topic, but as for what Kelsey Grammar's been up to, he's starring in La Cage aux Folles on Broadway. He's just been nominated for a Tony for Lead Actor in a Musical. Btw, David Hyde-Pierce is receiving the Isabelle Stevenson Award for his charity work (I think).

JWL

JWL

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 1, 2010 @ 5:55 PM

I just read that Kelsey Grammar's wife filed for divorce. This should be interesting...

Edited by JWL, Jul 1, 2010 @ 5:56 PM.

dominoes

dominoes

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 15, 2010 @ 2:03 PM

When will BH and DC air?

I heard Kelsey is adamant about now wanting his kids to participate on the show in any fashion and taking action to ensure it doesn't happen. If true....and unlike others before him, he is a smart and protective father. I know the OC version begins filming this month. It's strongly rumored the Peterson's will be back for season six...exploiting the Brady's all over again.

I hope Kelsey is heard and given his parental right to protect his young children from the Housewives franchise. It's tried and proven that this is no place for kids....Hell, the mere fact the parents participate is enough to do a lot of emotional damage to their offspring. Guess the BRAVO lights shine brighter and have a louder calling than the emotional well being of children.

Good luck, Kelsey! And Bravo to you!

Edited by dominoes, Jul 15, 2010 @ 3:20 PM.

lillypforme

lillypforme

Video Archivist

Posted Aug 13, 2010 @ 8:03 AM

With Kelsey having a pregnant mistress, the reunion for this one should be excellent.

lissy

lissy

Video Archivist

Posted Aug 13, 2010 @ 9:07 AM

I had forgotten about Kelsey's wife being on this show! Cant wait for it to start!!

mystic80

mystic80

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 31, 2010 @ 1:29 PM

Official Trailer -- Begins in October!

prmami

prmami

Fanatic

Posted Aug 31, 2010 @ 2:12 PM

Wow. For real? I was thinking this was just in talks and the Housewife franchise would be dying out from saturation before this ever aired, but..wow.

calicowesley

calicowesley

Video Archivist

Posted Aug 31, 2010 @ 2:33 PM

So from the preview it looks like we once again have two sisters, a pompous Brit, lots of plastic surgery, and a physical fight (this time in a limo.)

I'm in.

chessiegal

chessiegal

Fanatic

Posted Aug 31, 2010 @ 4:36 PM

mystic80 Thanks for the preview link! This is going to be some fine, fine TV to watch.

Bravojunkie

Bravojunkie

Video Archivist

Posted Aug 31, 2010 @ 4:40 PM

Oh snap! This show is going to air simultaneously with the RHOA?

CaliMom

CaliMom

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 31, 2010 @ 4:55 PM

So from the preview it looks like we once again have two sisters, a pompous Brit, lots of plastic surgery, and a physical fight (this time in a limo.)

I'm in.

Me, too!

mystic80

mystic80

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 31, 2010 @ 5:24 PM

Wow. For real? I was thinking this was just in talks and the Housewife franchise would be dying out from saturation before this ever aired, but..wow.

I was surprised as well, prmami. You know with Atlanta coming on in October as well, I don't know if I can watch two Housewives at the same time. I know I will not be missing Atlanta! Decisions, decisions...

mystic80 Thanks for the preview link! This is going to be some fine, fine TV to watch.

You're welcome chessiegal!

Edited by mystic80, Aug 31, 2010 @ 5:27 PM.

yian

yian

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 31, 2010 @ 5:25 PM

The Plastic Surgery Housewives of Beverly Hills

Green

Green

Fanatic

Posted Aug 31, 2010 @ 6:11 PM

There are not words to properly describe my excitement for this one. Kim Richards is completely unrecognizable - I watched the entire preview and couldn't figure out which one she was, had to google to figure it out. She's only 45, ffs, isn't it too early for her to be plastic surgeried into a completely different person?

Primal Slayer

Primal Slayer

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 31, 2010 @ 10:29 PM

I wonder if Paris Hilton will be making any cameos since her 2 aunts are on this show..and I wonder why they decieded to come out and do 6wives off the bat instead of the usual 5.

Puds38

Puds38

Stalker

Posted Sep 1, 2010 @ 1:07 AM

Wait, Kim Richards from Nanny and the Professor and Escape to Witch Mountain? I'm in.

Countess123

Countess123

Fanatic

Posted Sep 1, 2010 @ 8:20 AM

Preview of the show:

Beverly Hills Preview