Weirdest or Most Bitter Jurors Ever?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

111 replies to this topic

lleykian54

lleykian54

Couch Potato

Posted May 5, 2012 @ 11:44 PM

I think you got that from me on here somewhere. But it's never been proven. So many rumors from All-Stars. So, so many. Hardest season to evaluate because of all of them.

I was just coming to post a comment something to that effect. It was my understanding that there were a lot of rumors and plenty of supposed inside information about Rob and Amber in the immediate aftermath of All-Stars, especially with all the media attention they were getting. None of them were ever proven.

Did Rob and Amber know each other before All-Stars in some capacity...sure; as did the entire cast with the exception of Rupert who started filming All-Stars while his initial season, Pearl Islands, was still airing. But other than him, these people all knew each other in some capacity and that was part of the challenge and/or strategy for some, with the game.

And hell, no one ever talks about the fact that Ethan and Jenna Morasca were very much admittedly together when they started filming and I guess it's because neither won but they could have. And yet the show cast them both.

Like I said, these people all knew each other in some capacity and it was largely the reason that the season led to one of the most bitter and bat-shit crazy jury ever. Because people took things way more personal than they would in a normal season and we've seen how personal some people can take this stuff in a normal season where they've never met any of the people they're playing before.

As for Jenna Lewis, I can't say I pay attention to her goings on since she'd been on this show many years ago so I can't judge what she's said and hasn't said off the show. However, in terms of her jury position in All-Stars I found she came off well enough and frankly she, Rupert and Shii-Ann were the only ones who weren't complete bitter psychos.

Edited by lleykian54, May 5, 2012 @ 11:47 PM.

Unconditional

Unconditional

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 5:13 AM

I think you got that from me on here somewhere. But it's never been proven. So many rumors from All-Stars. So, so many. Hardest season to evaluate because of all of them.

Jenna Morasca said they met during the wrap party of her season and began to date shortly before All-Stars. Most if not all of the other players already knew they were dating and Rob C. acknowledged that in his explanation for why there was never any real pull to get rid of either one of them at Chapera since they were already 2 votes/1 mind when the game began, and that intimidated the others.

MKL122788

MKL122788

Couch Potato

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 2:47 PM

I don't know if this is an appropriate location to discuss potentially strange jurors, but I have a strong feeling that Kat's will be rather odd...I guess we will find out in the not-so distant future.

Jyn

Jyn

Couch Potato

Posted May 19, 2012 @ 12:53 PM

Actually, Kat's turned out to be completely classy.

If anything, One World's jury was almost completely non-bitter, so I can't think of anyone to add to the bitter juror count.

Except for Troyzan. He may not have come off as such, but the way he questioned Kim and then went off and voted for Sabrina tells me he knew very well who'd done the best job of playing him and just wouldn't accept it. Add that to his post-show bitterness and I think he definitely belongs among these ranks.

legaleagle44

legaleagle44

Stalker

• Interests:Foreign language and culture study, cooking, dancing, music, reading, and television, of course!

Posted Jul 16, 2012 @ 3:20 PM

I just can't believe some are still going on about Rob and Amber conspiring or the unfairness of it all and what not. Seriously, it's been what, almost a decade of marriage and two kids later?

Three kids, actually. Rob and Amber just had their third daughter a few weeks ago.

My vote for weirdest juror has to be Lisi. I will never forget her jury question of "How many zeros are there in 1,000,000?" and when told in response that there were six zeros, she started to get smartass and said, "Oh, ho!" before she counted on her fingers and realized that yes, there ARE six zeros in 1,000,000. To this day, I'm still wondering what her point was.

Edited by legaleagle44, Jul 16, 2012 @ 3:20 PM.

Yogurt Baron

Yogurt Baron

Fanatic

Posted Jul 16, 2012 @ 6:50 PM

Her point was "Dreamz is homeless. Homeless people are stupid." You know, when people write out Lisi's awfulness and hypocrisy and stupidity, it almost seems funny, like you could love to hate her, but I just hate her.

Oholibamah

Oholibamah

Stalker

Posted Aug 26, 2012 @ 2:22 PM

Her point was "Dreamz is homeless. Homeless people are stupid."

And given the rest of her jury speech, I wouldn't be surprised if her point was also "Dreamz is black. Black people are stupid."

I love to hate good villains as much as the next shameless reality TV fan, but Lisi crossed too many lines into pathetic, clueless, hateful, and disgusting for her to get a pass.

Pin

Pin

Video Archivist

Posted Dec 17, 2012 @ 8:57 AM

Well, with Philippines wrapped up, I'd have to venture half of that jury -- the half that's not R.C., Jeff, Carter, and, surprisingly, Abi-Maria. So basically, Artis, Pete, Jonathan, and, shockingly, Malcolm.

Artis went from sounding gracious in defeat in his final words to an outright douche in how he addressed Denise, Lisa, and Michael. Pete was unnecessarily bitter toward Lisa, even though it was his fault that she'd turned on the Tandangs. And Malcolm was unbearable toward Denise, who'd had his back for almost the entire game, for voting him out even though he'd just tried to get her voted out!

But the worst, IMO, was probably Jonathan, who went on a long, unnecessary rant, during which he called Denise a bitch for literally no reason at all. He also outed Lisa's celebrity past out of pure malice. And he barely addressed Michael at all. Just shameful behavior on his part.

So yeah. Those four from Philippines get my vote to be added to the long list of bitter jurors.

EvilApplesauce

EvilApplesauce

Video Archivist

Posted Dec 18, 2012 @ 11:02 AM

Word, Pin. And what I find most disgusting about Penner's speech is that, if it was indeed calculated to put on a show, then he humiliated the final three simply in the name of drama. Penner knew he had nothing on Denise, so he called her a bitch - wtf? Even though Skupin was a non-factor this season, he didn't need to be told in such an embarrassing way, coming from a man that is supposedly a friend. And I'm sure the Ponderosans were all told about Lisa beforehand, so save Malcolm's surprise, it only had the effect of crushing Lisa's spirit. You could see that by the time Penner went into the "oxen and cart" half of his speech, the final three were shooting daggers from their eyes.

Oholibamah

Oholibamah

Stalker

Posted Dec 18, 2012 @ 7:41 PM

I saw Malcolm's question to Denise as affording her an opportunity. It was not as positively spun as Courtney's "My Question Is I Love You" to Sandra, but in a similar way, it was providing Denise an opportunity to one-up the competition. It was the perfect opening to get a little dirty with Mike/Lisa, let down the perfectly composed facade, and tell the jury all the ways that her game was superior. I'm not sure if this was Malcolm's intention, and Denise certainly didn't capitalize on the opportunity, but I would lose a lot of respect for Malcolm if he was actually being bitter toward Denise after turning down HER offer of F3.

I also loved Jonathan's speech. It was unnecessary to call Denise a bitch, but it was very nicely worded, and reminded me of an evil version of Erik's more polite speech in Samoa: "say what you will, but there is a clear winner here".

Edited by Oholibamah, Dec 18, 2012 @ 7:42 PM.

469273Sucks

469273Sucks

Just Tuned In

Posted Mar 31, 2013 @ 12:43 PM

Jenna Morasca said they met during the wrap party of her season and began to date shortly before All-Stars. Most if not all of the other players already knew they were dating and Rob C. acknowledged that in his explanation for why there was never any real pull to get rid of either one of them at Chapera since they were already 2 votes/1 mind when the game began, and that intimidated the others.

If that is true, then they both changed their stories at different times because I remember Jenna Morasca clearly stating that Rob and Amber met at one of the Survivor parties but that while it was obvious Rob had a crush and Amber did seem kind of interested, she was also slightly wary of him.

And Rob C.'s comment just after the season was that they flirted a lot at the hotel, the week before they were dropped off on the island to start playing the game. So yes, he did state that the flirtations were pretty much already happening from the beginning of the game. But neither said they were in a relationship.

Edited by 469273Sucks, Mar 31, 2013 @ 12:45 PM.

myriadphalanx

myriadphalanx

Fanatic

Posted Apr 25, 2013 @ 3:20 AM

I'm going to go ahead and pre-emptively cite Phillip on the weird/bitter jury speech list since c'mon, we all know it's a guaranteed bet to be crazy.

What I loved most about the Natalie experience on the first FvF is that she was a complete non-entity for the vast majority of the season. Talk about the invisible edit, I think she had two or three confessions total until about the third-last episode....when suddenly it was revealed that she was crazy. Then we get a couple of eps of her nuttiness leading up to the grand finale of her bizarre jury question to Parvati. Good times.

S11's jury struck me as interesting at the time and also is interesting in hindsight since it deals in these questions of editing. It seems like the hidden story of that season was that Steph was actually a huge goat but this was never highlighted on the show since Steph was the "fan favourite" and the PTB didn't want to tarnish her by revealing that she wasn't actually liked within the game. As such, many of the jury questions to Danni kind of dance around this but I don't think it was ever stated outright.

Just to continue the Lex discussion, I really think that a huge part of his bitterness (and Tom's bitterness) is due to the alleged fact that Tom, Lex and Boston Rob all formed an alliance between themselves before the show even began. So in Lex's mind, Rob wasn't just screwing over him as a friend, he was screwing him over as a friend and breaking a pre-existing pact that he and Tom believed would lead to one of them winning the $1M.

You'd think that Lex would've gotten over it due to a) time healing all wounds, and b) the fact that Rob ended up screwing Lex over for not just some random person in the game but the woman who ended up being the love of his life. But who knows. ASS is absolutely the toughest season to "figure out" from just watching the episodes and the earlier post about how returning players are more bitter since they think they have their past mistakes figured out is absolutely bang-on. Penner's increasingly bitter jury speeches are the best example of this, since here was a guy who was initially level-headed enough to make the legit observation that Survivor is just a game like Monopoly and there should be no hard feelings. 0-1 Penner felt that way, but 0-3 Penner was more than a little frustrated that he couldn't crack this game.

SVNBob

SVNBob

Fanatic

Posted May 2, 2013 @ 3:25 AM

I'm going to go ahead and pre-emptively cite Phillip on the weird/bitter jury speech list since c'mon, we all know it's a guaranteed bet to be crazy.

At this point, not only do I agree that Phillip will bring the crazy and/or bitter, but at this point, I think he'll be the only one.

Michael seemed easy-going enough. Malcolm and Andrea are mostly non-emotional players, which makes them the best kind of jurors. And Reynold just enjoyed himself the entire time in active play, so why would that stop in this new game phase? Even more-so now that he has the power in the game that he never had before.

So I don't foresee a very bitter jury this time. But then again, Penner surprised me last time....

ByaNose

ByaNose

Fanatic

Posted May 3, 2013 @ 1:12 PM

I too see less of a bitter jury.....so far. Now, if Cochran votes out Dawn before the finals she might not be too happy. We'll have to see about that. I think the only one who could bring a little drama is Philip. So, I think this will be a less bitter & drama free jury. Although, I remember thinking Christina calling Chelsea a bitch came out of left field and even when Penner called Denise one too. So, mileage will vary.

yoshi

yoshi

Couch Potato

Posted May 3, 2013 @ 8:16 PM

Collectively, the jury on HvV was the worst jury, especially the "hero" jury members.

Edited by yoshi, May 3, 2013 @ 8:17 PM.

Isuzu

Isuzu

Fanatic

Posted May 4, 2013 @ 12:02 AM

Collectively, the jury on HvV was the worst jury, especially the "hero" jury members.

I thought that aside from JT's dumb misogynist rant (I mean, it was Russell, a man, who betrayed him, not Parvati who had never promised him anything) and Candice's strange aside that led nowhere, it was actually pretty fun. The hatefest towards Russell (that he himself provoked by insulting people to their faces all game) was absolutely hilarious and I liked how some players (Rupert and Courtney mostly) took great pain of praising Parvati's game even though they didn't vote for her.

KimberStormer

KimberStormer

Couch Potato

Posted May 4, 2013 @ 10:30 PM

I thought Candice was worse than simply leading nowhere, it was a vicious and completely ridiculous attack.  Calling Parvati a 'battered woman' or whatever it was is an insult to abused women as well as to Parvati, who was in no way dominated or intimidated by Russell...like, at all.  I do agree that for the most part their comments/"questions" weren't so bad, but the Heroes' votes were absolutely ridiculous.  I mean, all the props in the world to Sandra for anointing herself an honorary Hero/anti-Russell, but there was absolutely nothing else to recommend her to them, except for maybe Rupert and Candice who had previous friendships with her.  (Yes I know, juries can't be wrong, they can vote on any criteria, it's impossible to deserve or not deserve it etc.  I can still think they suck.)

On the other hand I think Jerri and, especially, Coach were very surprisingly good jurors, who voted for someone they never thought they'd ever vote for because they thought she played the best game.  Danielle and Courtney voted purely on relationship which is not that bad.  It's people like Amanda and JT who really piss me off.

Isuzu

Isuzu

Fanatic

Posted May 5, 2013 @ 8:27 AM

Oh yeah, Candice's was just awful. It was just so weird that I don't think it deserved much consideration (she was mostly looking for any excuse to throw her vote behind all family friend (their families are practically neighbours) Sandra).

Amanda had bad blood with Parvati since Micronesia (she felt Parv threw her under the bus at the FTC (which may have happened even though we didn't see it) which doesn't explain why she so completely bombed her own performance. The event in S20 didn't help either. JT, aside from being a chauvinist prick, had to listn to stories about how Parv and Russell would read his letter and make fun of him, at length, and often. I love Parv but even though he wasn't in the game anymore, it's clear it wouldn't endear the other heroes to her and even less to him once he heard of it.

Jerri was allied with both Parv and Russell and would have voted for him had Parv not revealed that she campaigned to keep her and he was the one who wanted to boot her and still get her vote.

As for Coach, he simply favors the person wit the most physical game, who as Parv in that F3 (also Sandra and Russell were directly responsible for his ouster while Parv was just a vote).

I think all of their votes are in fact very well explained (certainly better that the ones for the following season for instance).

lozzie

lozzie

Channel Surfer

Posted May 27, 2013 @ 1:36 AM

I think Jonathan was definitely bitter in Philippines, I was taken aback to how bitter he was, especially at Lisa. Lisa was the one who gave him the chance to join a final 3 alliance and she probably would have kept her word. The only person Jonathan has to blame for why he lost the game was himself, since he was given a clear chance to join an alliance and then didn't.

Lex also was very bitter and confused game relationships with real life. Of course, I have little sympathy for Lex since he tried to use an outside alliance to help him win the game. The problem I have with Lex is that he seemed to think it was ok for him to vote off a former ally in Ethan in almost the same way that Rob voted him off. He had no moral high ground and the way he played the game before showed he was no different to Rob. It's a case of the pot calling the kettle black.

Alex from Fiji was also very bitter and he attacked Cassandra for no real reason. He told her to stop talking, but he asked her a question and how can she answer if you don't give her the time to respond. Of course, he might have more of a case if Cassandra betrayed him directly, but she didn't do anything to deserve that respond from him, especially since his alliance was against hers. What else is she supposed to do other than to vote you off when she doesn't need you in the game anymore?

Personally, I find that returning players are more bitter than most, maybe because they think they deserve to win since they have the experience in the game, and don't appreciate the survival side anymore. Maybe they feel like they have earned it, or get bitter because they misunderstood a person's intentions, their place in the alliance or believe that they have played a better game. Candice (HvV), Jonathan (Philippines), Lex, Tom (All-Stars) and Ozzy (Micronesia). I just feel like those juries take it more personally the second time.

KimberStormer

KimberStormer

Couch Potato

Posted May 27, 2013 @ 9:18 AM

I'm afraid Brenda probably belongs in this thread now.

JontheAussieBoy

JontheAussieBoy

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 31, 2013 @ 1:52 AM

I might be in the minority, but I see no issue with Brenda's jury speech. Dawn claimed she would have quit the game without the death, but then went back on it in the FTC. IF she had refused to take out her teeth, it's pretty clear that she wouldn't have played out the game, and no jury would give a quitter a million dollars. If Dawn is going to claim that her breakdown wasn't as serious as it seemed at the time, she had damn well better back it up.

FYI: Yes, I am a Brenda-lover

Phrosty

Phrosty

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 21, 2013 @ 7:06 AM

Brenda. I suppose I was a bit of a fan leading up to final jury but that was a really low moment. Brenda implied that it would make a difference to her vote but let's get real she had no intention of voting for Dawn no matter what she was bullied into "proving."

lozzie I agree with you regarding Jonathon, seemed such a petty act and unlike him. I was actually wondering if he was drunk.