Weirdest or Most Bitter Jurors Ever?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

111 replies to this topic

Paron Bonnet

Paron Bonnet

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 2, 2010 @ 8:32 PM

At couldhavebee's suggestion, I thought I'd start this.

This is reserved primarily for recalling the jurors (or even full juries) you thought were the worst ever, or had the weirdest questions.

I'll start with one I mentioned earlier on a different thread: Denise from China. With all of her whining at being at "the bottom of the totem pole" (which got annoying to hear after a while), she had multiple chances to change up the whole game by flipping to Peih-Gee and Erik to take Todd down at F7 and F6. Then to Peih-Gee and Amanda at F5. But she deliberately wouldn't do it, thinking she could get to the end by sticking with the original Fei Longs instead of the Zhan Hus. And by the time F4 rolled around and she finally realized they weren't taking her to the end with them, it was too late. Not even a last-minute deal she tried to strike with Amanda could save her. She went out in fourth. And at the final Tribal Council, she spewed all sorts of venom at Todd and Amanda when it was no one's fault but her own that she wound up where she did.

Oh, but in Fiji, the season before hers, there was one guy who could've easily given her a run for her money: Alex Angarita and his obviously-rehearsed tirades at both Dreamz (really bad) and Cassandra (much worse), not letting either of them get a word in edgewise.

As for weird ones, I'd say Natalie in Fans vs. Favorites. It almost seemed like she was flirting with Parvati and trying to ask her out.

Edited by Paron Bonnet, Mar 3, 2010 @ 3:26 AM.

Daydreamer101

Daydreamer101

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 2, 2010 @ 8:48 PM

Oh, but in Fiji, the season before hers, there was one guy who could've easily given her a run for her money: Alex Angarita and his obviously-rehearsed tirades at both Dreamz (really bad) and Cassandra (much worse), not letting either of them get a word in edgewise.

OMG that was bad, I think he thought he was showing off his cross examination skills or something. He somehow incorrectly thought Cassandra had betrayed Stacy and wouldn't even let Cassandra explain. Speaking of Fiji what about Lisi asking Dreamz how many 0s are in a million, assuming he was that stupid (what was funny was that she didn't even seem to know herself). I don't even understand why she was angry she was never aligned with them.

Some of my least favourite survivors have the most awful jury speeches (Denise, Sierra, Marcus and Ozzy).

For entertaingly bitter there is of course Sue's speech. But I also loved Helen's in Thailand.

Edited by Daydreamer101, Mar 2, 2010 @ 8:50 PM.

Paron Bonnet

Paron Bonnet

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 2, 2010 @ 9:13 PM

Oh, yeah, I forgot about Ozzy! We were supposed to be cheering him on for reaming out Parvati when she'd done the right thing, and thinking his declaration of love for Amanda was cute and romantic (made even worse by him cheating on her fairly close to the time she left to tape Heroes vs. Villains, if not while she was away doing that).

Edited by Paron Bonnet, Apr 2, 2010 @ 9:30 PM.

kimmykaybee

kimmykaybee

Fanatic

• Interests:Favorite tv shows: <br />Survivor<br />So You Think You Can Dance<br />Pretty Little Liars<br />Dancing With the Stars

Posted Mar 2, 2010 @ 9:55 PM

I thought Corrine from Gabon was horrible. I'll always remember her implying that Sugar made up her father's death and being so proud about it at the reunion.

couldhavebee

couldhavebee

Fanatic

Posted Mar 2, 2010 @ 9:56 PM

Aw, this is the first time one of my comments has ever inspired a thread---I'm flattered, Paron!

Denise is certainly a worthy nominee for this dubious honor, but for me, Lex freakin' owns this thread.

In All Stars, the creepy depth of his bitterness and hostility was seriously astounding to me.
(And I swear I'm not saying that purely because the main target of that bitterness, Rob, happens to be my all-time favorite!)

Lex seemed to genuinely believe he was somehow *entitled* to win, and harbored a truly bizarre level of anger towards the people he perceived as daring to interfere with his, er, destiny as the victor.

Although it was LEX'S choice to dopily agree to save Amber despite the fact that IMO it was clearly to his disadvantage, and although Rob did try to talk to him prior to the Tribal Council (as opposed to blindsiding Lex), Lex acted like what Rob did in All-Stars was the single lowest move one person had done to another in the history of EVER, despite the fact that it's what we see on Survivor pretty much every single week (and, IMO, not even as bad as many of the other oustings we see on this show in which people are blindsided, etc.)

Lex and his hideous neon blue mohawk and multiple angry piercings---(he's such an attention-hungry jackass IMO)---were seriously exploding with anger when Rob tried to tell him prior to Tribal Council that he'd be the one to go...and was, somehow, even more ridiculously spiteful, hypocritical and bitter at the Final Tribal Council.
Even by the time the famewhores assembled at the 'Mark Burnett wants to give Rupert a million dollars' reunion special, Lex was STILL outraged, with seemingly no inkling that he's done equally bad (or, IMO, worse) things in this game as Rob did to him. And, from what I heard several months later, Lex was STILL too livid to even consider Rob's offer to repair their friendship.

IMO, we certainly saw glimpses of Lex's rage-fueled indignation, hypocricy, and self-righteous overreactions when he played in Africa, but by the end of All Stars I was seriously thinking the guy needed intensive therapy...and hoped he'd get it OFF screen, since I shudder at the thought of ever seeing him again!

whippletheduck

whippletheduck

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 2, 2010 @ 10:12 PM

If I could do it all over again, I would jump into Brandon's body as he went into the Voting area in Season 3, episode 7, the Kelly vote. Only this time I would write down Lex instead of Kelly.

Can you imagine how Lex would have been, from the moment that 4th vote with his name on it came out and on???

He would have been stunned, would act like it was the greatest act of betrayal ever, would probably started to say something, refused to leave at some point, and Probst would have had to order him to bring him that Torch of his.

Lex would have complied, but I think he would have vowed revenge right there.

His Last Words- would have been full of hate and bitterness for Kelly and for Brandon and anyone else he thought in on the jury. Probably would have vowed revenge on both of them, but in Kelly in particular.

For us the viewers, the next thing we would have seen would be Lex on the EARLY SHOW. I think his tirade would have continued, only now it would have carried onto Brandon as much Kelly and he would also make harsh statements against Theresa as well for her vote against him. He would continue his tirade and continue his vengence.

The next time we would see Lex would be in the Jury for the next 6 episodes. He probably would still get the mohawk. It seems likely, had Brandon done the right thing, that we would have seen EZ/TOM/KJ get pagonged right after Lex. Maybe at 6, there would have been some sort of change up but I think in all likelihood, it would have been Kelly vs Brandon in the final two....

Which would have treated us to the most bitter, hate filled Juror performance ever as he let into the two of them.

In the Reunion Show, he would have continued his hate for the two of them.

Maybe enough that he would still make ALL STARS. IMHO, he probably would have. Tom and EZ, probably not. This would probably mean that either Fairplay or Jeff Varner would have made the cut; and Kelly Goldsmith probably would have made the cut as well in place of Amber, Alicia or Jenna (probably Amber).

Daydreamer101

Daydreamer101

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 2, 2010 @ 10:19 PM

We were supposed to be cheering him on for reaming out Parvati when she'd done the right thing, and thinking his declaration of love for Amanda was cute and romantic

Judging by the cheesy music, I agree. One of the worst parts of that speech was when Ozzy said Parvati robbed him of how many ever days it was with Amanda. What exactly did he want Parvati to do - vote Amanda out after him so they could be reunited earlier or let him and Amanda waltz to day 39. I'm guessing the latter, heaven forbid Parvati play for her own best interests.

And, from what I heard several months later, Lex was STILL too livid to even consider Rob's offer to repair their friendship.

This is what I find so bad about Lex. At the reunion and the ASS commentary he still wasn't over it. I never understood Lex's intense and prolonged anger, he was the one who said it was business this time around in All Star and keeping Amber was clearly a strategic move that he was looking to exploit, which ended up backfiring.

ETA: I also really remember hating Sarge's speech to Twila when he ranted at her for swearing on son's name. First of all the whole incident had nothing to do with Sarge and happened after he was voted out. He was obviously still angry that Twila turned on the men at the merge and wanted to hit her where it hurt, but I just thought him saying Twila had cast her son's name to hell was unecessarily spiteful.

Edited by Daydreamer101, Mar 2, 2010 @ 10:42 PM.

FlippinChipmunk

FlippinChipmunk

Fanatic

Posted Mar 2, 2010 @ 10:48 PM

I remember Kelly's "The Graduate" inspired speech was pretty weird. And Deanna's (I don't remember how you spell it) fussing out Matt for his comment about "the best man winning" was just petty & seemed like she was trying to pick a fight.

Ooh! Remember how Alicia told Rob & Amber how they may have outwitted them, but they didn't out-class them? That was good.

Eliza always makes for a good bitter juror, too.

Paron Bonnet

Paron Bonnet

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 2, 2010 @ 10:54 PM

Daydreamer101
One of the worst parts of that speech was when Ozzy said Parvati robbed him of how many ever days it was with Amanda.

It was either fourteen or fifteen. I definitely remember that.

Speaking of other bitter Micronesia jurors, James was fairly bad, too, though not as bad as Ozzy. His speech, along with Ozzy's, was one of the ones that definitely had me rooting for Parvati to win over Amanda. Especially when she fired back with the comment he'd wanted her to say since the Ozzy boot and left him totally speechless.

FlippinChipmunk

I didn't see her Vanuatu one, but I adored her Micronesia one. Even though I quite liked Parvati and Amanda both, I found myself loving the things she said to and about them.

Daydreamer101

Daydreamer101

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 2, 2010 @ 11:01 PM

Yes I enjoyed her speech in Micronesia and in Vanuatu I did find it funny when she calledboth Twila and Chris "a deceptive lying bitch." But I did think asking for an apology was kind of stupid how can you expect it to be genuine when you had to ask for it and you're about to vote to give one of them a million dollars.

For weird speeches I enjoyed Courtney M's speech in Exile Island. Very fitting for her bizarre but entertaining character.

whippletheduck

whippletheduck

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 3, 2010 @ 1:51 AM

This is what I find so bad about Lex. At the reunion and the ASS commentary he still wasn't over it. I never understood Lex's intense and prolonged anger, he was the one who said it was business this time around in All Star and keeping Amber was clearly a strategic move that he was looking to exploit, which ended up backfiring

To be honest, I am shocked he was not in the running to even be a Villain.

Personally ,I think Survivor's continuing efforts to essentially relegate earlier editions of Survivor....quite frankly, it sucks. I think they did not consider him because his season was so long ago.

FlippinChipmunk

FlippinChipmunk

Fanatic

Posted Mar 3, 2010 @ 8:50 AM

Personally ,I think Survivor's continuing efforts to essentially relegate earlier editions of Survivor....quite frankly, it sucks. I think they did not consider him because his season was so long ago.

Maybe he was asked & declined. Or maybe they didn't want him because most consider him responsible for how nasty ASS turned out to be.

Courtney M's speech was totally bizarre. I still remember her making the dramatic comments about getting a knife in the back.

Corinne's speech was so ridiculously nasty, especially when she implied that maybe Sugar's dad died to get away from her histrionics. Though Sugar took care of herself fine.

RomanticRights

RomanticRights

Fanatic

Posted Mar 3, 2010 @ 2:52 PM

For entertaingly bitter there is of course Sue's speech. But I also loved Helen's in Thailand.

Helen's my favorite juror of all-time. The sexual undertones, her stone-cold facial expressions (http://www.averdata....funny/75_14.jpg), how she so easily succumbed to Brian's BS... perfect.

Corinne's speech was so ridiculously nasty, especially when she implied that maybe Sugar's dad died to get away from her histrionics. Though Sugar took care of herself fine.

As Sugar had stated, she was playing for Fan Favorite, which is why Corrine is even lamer than Lisi. She gave Sugar more attention than she had already deserved and fell for her "America's Sweetheart" BS. She would have realized that if she were the educated woman she purports to be.

I've always loved Zoe's. "I have a work hard, play hard attitude, and I feel like I should be sitting up there." Then writing "Neleh is the Survivor" under the assumption that she's the swing vote.

WeebayFavFish

WeebayFavFish

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 3, 2010 @ 5:52 PM

Easily for me it was the season with the three Black finalists.

There was such an undertone of.....yeah.

Turned me off Survivor for a minute.

Constantinople

Constantinople

Fanatic

Posted Mar 3, 2010 @ 7:12 PM

I liked Erik from Samoa because his vitriol was directed at least as much against his fellow jurors for voting him out as it was to the F3 trying to get his vote.

Collectively, I think the Gabon jury may have been one of the most bitter, if by "bitter" we mean a juror who votes primarily, if not solely, based on whomever they hate the least.

Re Lex: To be honest, I am shocked he was not in the running to even be a Villain.

Maybe Burnett, Probst & Co. thought it would be a bad idea to have Lex and Boston Rob back in the same season, especially on the same tribe.

Paron Bonnet

Paron Bonnet

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 3, 2010 @ 7:50 PM

WeebayFavFish
Easily for me it was the season with the three Black finalists.

There was such an undertone of.....yeah.

I don't think there was an undertone of that at all at the end of Fiji (that was the season). Most of the jurors were Motos who were bitter that Dreamz and Cassandra, the outsiders, had dared to play for themselves and outlast all of those in the majority alliance on their original tribe. Especially the Horsemen.

Bob Sambob

Bob Sambob

Fanatic

Posted Mar 4, 2010 @ 4:46 PM

He may have been, but it sounds like he's written off the show, maybe over All-Stars ... still! In his blog over at EW.com, Probst ranked all the seasons from first to last, and when talking about Africa, he ended with this: "I'd also like to extend an olive branch of love to Lex. I've forgotten exactly what I did that you're mad about, but will you forgive me?"

Being a complete and utter bitch on purpose because you thought it would be good TV and your goal was not to win the game, but be a a reality TV villain? Yeah, pathetic. And she definitely went too far, in my book.

Yeah, but Eliza has proven both times that with her questions, she's still absolutely playing the game until the bitter end. She never lets them off the hook, because the final tribal is the most important part of the game. And she always voted for the best player, even if they screwed her over.

I'd like to nominate Lisi as the lamest jury member ever. Just totally delusional. I don't remember the specifics but all the finalists owned her, and she did all this false shock and histrionics. She sucked at the game big time, but she really thought she was pretty clever at final tribal. Wrong.

Another awesomely delusional juror? Heidi, no doubt. She asked who deserved to be up there besides them, and was so clearly fishing for one of them to say her. Both said Rob C. She was stunned and asked if there was anyone else, and Probst said, "I think they covered it. Thanks, Heidi." Everyone and their dog knew she was voting for Jenna and JENNA wouldn't even say it. Still awesome to this day.

Who can forget the Rotu 4? NONE of them could fathom why Neleh would actually want to WIN the game instead of finish fifth or sixth in that alliance. Tammy, in particular, thought Neleh should have literally said "thanks for sixth place" and just laid down for them. Only Zoe understood. The General wasn't TOO bad, either. But Tammy and John came off like idiots, more so as the years go by and the game keeps evolving.

Oh, and Natalie B.? Wow. Still, just ... wow.

Edited by Bob Sambob, Mar 4, 2010 @ 10:10 PM.

couldhavebee

couldhavebee

Fanatic

Posted Mar 4, 2010 @ 6:40 PM

maybe over All-Stars ... still!

But...but...*shakes head in disbelief* I just rewatched All Stars! The 'tragedy' to befall Lex happens nearly every freakin' week on Survivor...and is often done in ways that are far more cruel and unjust than what Lex 'suffered.' HE made a profoundly stupid choice and...oh, what's the use?! The totally disproportionate intensity and longevity of his deluded bitterness is just jaw-dropping.

In his blog over at EW.com, Probst ranked all the seasons from first to last, and when talking about Africa, he ended with this: "I'd also like to extend an olive branch of love to Lex. I've forgotten exactly what I did that you're mad about, but will you forgive me?"

Hee! Even Probst mocks the depths of Lex's pathological, downright creepy bitterness. I'd recommend intensive therapy but, seriously, if being this bizarrely angry at all things Survivor means Lex will never again return to the show, then I'm heartily in favor of him NEVER getting 'cured.'

After rewatching All Stars recently, I WILL recommend a new hairstylist, though. Um, Lex? Neon blue mohawks are reserved for angry, quasi-rebellious 14-year-olds circa 1985.

Someone on another thread pointed out the deliciously ironic hypocricy of Lex, as he voted out his friend Ethan, condescendingly smirking about Ethan needing to show he could lose with "class and grace"...and then, a mere couple of episodes later, Lex showed us all how to lose with less class and grace than even a slug like Fairplay would display.

On another note:

Oh, and Natalie B.? Wow. Still, just ... wow.

Yup, that sums it up quite nicely!

Mr. 888

Mr. 888

Fanatic

Posted Mar 4, 2010 @ 9:28 PM

Probst ranked all the seasons from first to last, and when talking about Africa, he ended with this: "I'd also like to extend an olive branch of love to Lex. I've forgotten exactly what I did that you're mad about, but will you forgive me?"

I actually think this has to do with the fact that during a Know Your Fellow Castaways Challenge, Lex got a question right about which female contestant had no piercings (there was more than one) and wound up losing the Immunity Challenge because Probst was incorrect. According to wikipedia, he and Big Tom were paid settlements, and they both got second chances anyways, so whatever.

Someone on another thread pointed out the deliciously ironic hypocricy of Lex, as he voted out his friend Ethan, condescendingly smirking about Ethan needing to show he could lose with "class and grace"...and then, a mere couple of episodes later, Lex showed us all how to lose with less class and grace than even a slug like Fairplay would display.

Yeah, that was crazy! Friendships don't mean jack in the game, especially after you've just voted off your own buddy.

Bob Sambob

Bob Sambob

Fanatic

Posted Mar 4, 2010 @ 10:00 PM

I actually think this has to do with the fact that during a Know Your Fellow Castaways Challenge, Lex got a question right about which female contestant had no piercings (there was more than one) and wound up losing the Immunity Challenge because Probst was incorrect. According to wikipedia, he and Big Tom were paid settlements, and they both got second chances anyways, so whatever.

All true, and since I just rewatched this finale, it's fresh for me.

Ethan, Lex and Big Tom were in an incredibly tight alliance back in the days when you didn't turn on your alliance, even at the end. It was those three and Mama Kim and it was the Final Four "Fallen Comrades" immunity challenge when they used to do the castaways trivia. Tom and Ethan were already out and Kim and Lex were tied going into the final question, which was "which Survivor has no piercings, including their ears." Kim answered Kelly, which was correct, and Lex answered Lindsey. When the cast was sitting backstage waiting for the live finale to begin, Lindsey yelled out loud, "Hey, I don't have any piercings," just as Probst was on TV saying Lex was wrong. (Probst probably isn't the one to blame, at least SOLELY to blame ... that's an enormous production screw-up).

Had Lex gotten the point, there's a very good chance he would have won the challenge and the three boys would've voted Kim off. Instead, Kim got immunity, they voted Big Tom off and then the next day Kim outlasted Lex at the final immunity challenge and cast the sole vote to get rid of him. As a result, Big Tom and Lex both got second-place money. But during the whole finale, Lex was in great spirits and not openly bitter at all.

I think any falling-out Lex and Probst had would have to be All Stars-related (I don't know for sure, but I bet it is), especially since the crowd turned on Lex at the reunion and the America's Tribal Council episode. Plus, I know Probst and several Survivors have come out and called Lex a hypocrite because of his turning on Ethan and Jerri before Boston Rob did the same thing to him.

Edited by Bob Sambob, Mar 4, 2010 @ 10:13 PM.

Adubz

Adubz

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 6, 2010 @ 10:42 AM

He may have been, but it sounds like he's written off the show, maybe over All-Stars ... still! In his blog over at EW.com, Probst ranked all the seasons from first to last, and when talking about Africa, he ended with this: "I'd also like to extend an olive branch of love to Lex. I've forgotten exactly what I did that you're mad about, but will you forgive me?"

Do you have a link for that blog entry?

Bob Sambob

Bob Sambob

Fanatic

Posted Mar 6, 2010 @ 2:30 PM

This should be it. It's a photo gallery and his comments are underneath.

whippletheduck

whippletheduck

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 6, 2010 @ 8:09 PM

I heard somewhere that Lex does not consider what he did to be "bad", that he thinks he was portrayed negatively and something about how he was mad because his kids "had to see that", but I don't know what lex can complain about when the things he did he did by himself.

Paron Bonnet

Paron Bonnet

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 18, 2010 @ 4:52 AM

Daydreamer101
OMG that was bad, I think he thought he was showing off his cross examination skills or something. He somehow incorrectly thought Cassandra had betrayed Stacy and wouldn't even let Cassandra explain.

And what's worse than that, I just rewatched the finale a few hours ago, and I'd forgotten that at the reunion, he didn't get taken to task for it. He got praised for it by Probst. Ugh.

FrankHardy

FrankHardy

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 24, 2010 @ 9:49 PM

My choice for weird/bitter jurors are the ones who harped on Lill's Scout uniform at the end of Pearl Islands. "Oh, Lill, your behavior was a disgrace to your uniform." Give me a break.

khaavren

khaavren

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 25, 2010 @ 1:04 AM

FrankHardy, in their defense, she seemed to talk about the Boy Scout honor code, etc., an awful lot.

AuntieLizard

AuntieLizard

Fanatic

Posted Apr 20, 2010 @ 4:06 PM

There were SO MANY lame jurors and jury speeches. However, I cast my vote for Lex (All-Stars) as the most bitter and Natalie (Fans v. Faves) as the weirdest.

I just finished watching FvF, so Natalie's craziness is very fresh in my mind. I don't know if the game brought out the freak in her or if she was already freaky to begin with and the edits didn't show it until later, but her question to Parvati about the bedroom was one of the biggest WTFery on the show, ever. LOVED Probst's face upon hearing that "question" -- even he didn't want to deal with it and turned it over to Parv right away: "Do YOU know what she's talking about????" Parv addressed the flirt part but rightly chose not to address the awkward bedroom business. It seemed to me that Natalie wanted Parv to pay up in private for all the flirting done in-game.

Hope Estheim

Hope Estheim

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 20, 2010 @ 5:38 PM

No, she just wanted to have some fun since she knew going in that she was going to vote for Parvati over Amanda. She'd have asked an actual question had she faced Cirie, since it would've been harder for her to choose, but Parvati against Amanda? She'd already made up her mind.

AuntieLizard

AuntieLizard

Fanatic

Posted Apr 21, 2010 @ 10:29 AM

Alexis and Natalie were both enthralled by Parvati so voting for her was obvious, but that still doesn't explain the oddity of her "question." It didn't look like anyone thought that it was fun, especially PARVATI. Unless you know something I don't, I still think Nat wanted to get into Parv's pants.

Hope Estheim

Hope Estheim

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 21, 2010 @ 10:59 AM

All I know is what I said above. She'd already decided Parvati was getting her vote if she was against Amanda and was basically throwing a question out there since she didn't feel the need for either woman to make her case for her.

I do think she sort of wanted Parvati in that capacity, though. Natalie was bi.