Erin Andrews: Dancing Well is the Best Revenge

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

728 replies to this topic

lindslvsmaks

lindslvsmaks

Couch Potato

Posted May 4, 2010 @ 9:55 PM

Whew! Thank goodness! Hope she gets rumba next week cause her and Maks dancing that together-HOT! Hope she goes out to celebrate now and try to get her mind of all the past 2 days events.

peaches222

peaches222

Couch Potato

Posted May 4, 2010 @ 10:54 PM

It was sad to see Erin in the B2 on her birthday. I'll make sure to vote next week. I'm positive they won't be in the B2 again. They're gonna be in the finals.

Edited by peaches222, May 4, 2010 @ 10:55 PM.

dancingjunkee

dancingjunkee

Couch Potato

Posted May 4, 2010 @ 11:40 PM

I think Erin and Maks' rumba will be smoking.

Placard

Placard

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 5, 2010 @ 12:45 AM

RE: Hasselbeck's attacks on Erin:

What you are speaks so loudly I can't hear what you are saying.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Townsende

Townsende

Video Archivist

Posted May 5, 2010 @ 1:18 AM

I told myself I wouldn't vote this season, but seeing Erin in the bottom 2 was a wake-up call. I can't stand the thought that Chad might actually beat her to the finals.

Gracepayz

Gracepayz

Couch Potato

Posted May 5, 2010 @ 2:07 AM

I agree Placard

That is a most appropriate quote. I thank youl
Mrs. Hasselbeck has been allowed too much free reign, IMO. Can you imagine if you or I let loose such a remark. I would forecast pitchforks or burning at the stake in our forecast.
Most likely she will either issue a public apology OR explain that she did not mean for it to come off that way. Erin will, most likely, have no choice but to accept. I, however, find her remarks entirely unacceptable for a public figure and especially someone who shares a table with Barbara Walters. Thank you so much for your quote. I was really disturbed by the remarks and the timing. Your quote helped.

Edited by Gracepayz, May 5, 2010 @ 2:11 AM.

WriterLiz1988

WriterLiz1988

Couch Potato

Posted May 5, 2010 @ 2:18 AM

Erin did an interview with Access Hollywood about Elisabeth's comments. I sincerely hope Elisabeth will apologize about Erin, but that would be too good of her *snark*. "A Slap in the Face"

Loved how Erin had all of her friends supporting her and giving her lots of hugs and comfort at least.. but Elisabeth makes me so angry!! :(

Edited by WriterLiz1988, May 5, 2010 @ 2:19 AM.

ByTheWay

ByTheWay

Stalker

Posted May 5, 2010 @ 5:26 AM

Video > (KABC) Week 7 Post-Performance Interview: Erin Andrews and Maksim Chmerkovskiy

Video > (KABC) Week 7 Post-Results Interview: Erin Andrews and Maksim Chmerkovskiy

Erin's week 8 dances are the Argentine Tango and an 80s Rumba.

Re: Elizabeth Hasselbeck

All I can say is her shoe size is greater than her IQ and I can't believe that person (I'm not going to dignify her existence) is paid to spew that stupidity. Her coy "I don't know [Erin] and I'm sure she must be a nice person ... " was stomach-churning.

ranjake

ranjake

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 5, 2010 @ 6:07 AM

Erin is an amazing woman, she really is. She's a class act, and for her to be attacked for wearing the uniform of the show is incomprehensible. Take it from where it comes from, I guess.

Gardencrown

Gardencrown

Couch Potato

Posted May 5, 2010 @ 7:13 AM

I floved Erin's response in that AH interview. I really did. She was right on to remind insensitive EH that this was about a stalker for chrissakes. It went beyond just a comment about a dance show. And call me an old softie, but I love that she admitted that she cried. I think it's easy to forget that these people are human. Meanness hurts. Being on "The View" should not insulate you from the need to be a decent human being (though we all know THAT's not the case).

I wonder if she was more shaken by that whole fiasco than the B2 appearance. All in all, what a crappy birthday.

I also think that Erin's dry sense of humor, esp. as it relates to Maks and the bickering, can often be misread.

Count me much more firmly on Team Erin! And as I think about it, Erin's costumes haven't really been all that revealing in comparison to some of the others (not that any of them offend me -- mostly I just wish I could look that good in those costumes!). But she's always wearing a long skirt...

STFU EH!!!

corter20

corter20

Video Archivist

• Interests:I recently graduated from college with a B.S. in Elementry Education. I am taking the year off in order to spend time with my first child. Sophia was born August 18th, 2010 and she is amazing. My husband is in the Army and we have been together almost 9 years. Life is good at the moment!

Posted May 5, 2010 @ 7:42 AM

That is what really suprised me by Elizabeth's comment. They always do reviews on Tuesday of DWTS the night before and they are able to see their outfits. How is Erin's outfits revealing? I think that Erin's outfits have been the most secure and modest of all the outfits. Does Elizabeth not see Pamela's outfits or even Cheryl's?

Oh, that is right, she is too far stuck up Kate's butt to get past anyone else. I am officially anti-EH. Today, I will be wearing my Gator attire in support of Erin Andrews (not an easy thing to do living in TN).

On another note, I really do love the fact that the starts and dancers on DWTS care about Erin. Erin seems like such a genuine person and her response to EH's comment proved that!

u dwoos

u dwoos

Video Archivist

Posted May 5, 2010 @ 8:51 AM

Erin's week 8 dances are the Argentine Tango and an 80s Rumba.

Finally!!! I cannot wait to see them dance both these dances, hope they are smoldering and sensual!

Edited by u dwoos, May 5, 2010 @ 9:01 AM.

aggiemom

aggiemom

Couch Potato

Posted May 5, 2010 @ 10:19 AM

Public apology from EH today on The View........she cried her way through it. She also said she called Erin (on the advice of her 5 yr old) and apologized personally.

Edited by aggiemom, May 5, 2010 @ 10:20 AM.

WriterLiz1988

WriterLiz1988

Couch Potato

Posted May 5, 2010 @ 10:26 AM

Still don't like EH, but I'm glad she apologized, and called her personally.

legaleagle44

legaleagle44

Stalker

• Interests:Foreign language and culture study, cooking, dancing, music, reading, and television, of course!

Posted May 5, 2010 @ 10:33 AM

Yeah, hopefully Erin will be able to move forward and shake this off. But, with regard to Ms. Hasselbeck? When your five-year-old child calls you out on something like this, what does that say about you, except that even a five-year-old would have known better than to go there in the first place?

Maks and Erin will do a great job with the AT. If it's anything like the Argentine-flavored Tango he did with Tia Carrere a few years ago, I may need to crank up the air conditioning chez legaleagle44 -- and I'd be surprised if they didn't get a 30 for it.

Edited by legaleagle44, May 5, 2010 @ 10:39 AM.

LizDC

LizDC

Fanatic

Posted May 5, 2010 @ 11:12 AM

People.com - Elisabeth Hasselbeck Tearfully Apologizes to Erin Andrews

Missy Vixen

Missy Vixen

Couch Potato

Posted May 5, 2010 @ 11:33 AM

I don't buy Hasselbeck's apology. This is the second incident of "tearful apology" in less than six months. The first one involved baiting Stanley Tucci about his wife's reaction to his role in "The Lovely Bones", only to discover Mrs. Tucci passed away a year before the interview. I'm also fairly sure that apology was demanded by someone in a suit at ABC; they own ESPN.

I hope "DWTS" is a great distraction for Erin Andrews right now. What a year.

lindslvsmaks

lindslvsmaks

Couch Potato

Posted May 5, 2010 @ 12:36 PM

Good for Erin to keep her head held high. Her next 2 dances will be amazing and push her to the top for sure. This is for sure a wake-up call for her fans and hope to see her in the finals.

TruBrit

TruBrit

Fanatic

Posted May 5, 2010 @ 12:37 PM

And here I was complaining that Maks wasn't doing her any favors by dressing her like that. Compare her costumes with what Melissa R. wore.

Nevertheless.... she'll be in the finals. All the sympathy votes she'll get from being in bottom two, Elisabeth thing, her birthday.... it will be enough to carry her to the finals. Plus I think judges will score her well becasue she was in the bottom 2. Plus 2 hot dances. Unless they ruin it on purpose... I dont see them going home yet.

Edited by TruBrit, May 5, 2010 @ 12:38 PM.

NextIteration

NextIteration

Couch Potato

Posted May 5, 2010 @ 12:40 PM

Ditsy Hasselbitch cried on cue for the ABC suits. Not a bit of sincerity in that apology and it was really bad form that she was able to drag her daughter and the bible into the fake apology. She said she was sorry for "hurting Erin's feelings", notice no apology for what she actually said (blaming the victim, excusing a criminal).

I've been on team Evan, but I'll have to expand my support. Maks, Louis, Evan and Niecy were awesome in their support of Erin.

ladongas

ladongas

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 5, 2010 @ 1:28 PM

Hasselbeck should lose her job. Can you imagine the uproar if a man had said the same thing on the view? One would think a woman of her avowedly strong religious beliefs would have never said such a thing. B--b-b-ut she apologized. Yeah, well, sometimes an apology is meaningless. If she thought that on Tuesday, she probably still thinks it today. Apparently Erin should just wear a burka for the rest of her life. Shame on you, Elizabeth Hasselbeck.

Lolligagger

Lolligagger

Fanatic

Posted May 5, 2010 @ 2:01 PM

Equally bad or worse stuff has been said on the View without apology, but that's getting off topic. Regardless, EH was way out of line.

Edited by Lolligagger, May 5, 2010 @ 2:03 PM.

Daisygirl20

Daisygirl20

Channel Surfer

Posted May 5, 2010 @ 2:36 PM

EH was way out of line

She really was. I'm glad Elisabeth aplogised. Erin is doing the commendable thing by getting on with her life and there is a difference between being voyeuristically spied on and stalked to wearing a ballroom dancing outfit.

Edited by Daisygirl20, May 5, 2010 @ 2:37 PM.

MtnBabe

MtnBabe

Couch Potato

Posted May 5, 2010 @ 3:35 PM

I just ached for Erin when I heard of EH's idiotic comments that the voyeur could've just waited and seen it all on DWTS for free. WHAT? There's a severe mental disconnect in Eliz's brain . . . which I've guessed for some time now. If she didn't know that comment was cruel and ignorant, imagine how dumb she actually is.

On top of all that, Elizabeth herself appears on The View -- hardly a disco venue -- in tube tops, mini skirts, all sorts of revealing dresswear herself. She is a true "blonde" unlike bright, funny, and "with it" Erin.

Don't know about anyone else,but I'm mentally drained after all the crap Erin's received, including the DWTS manipulation of her scores to date. EVEN HER BEST DANCE SCORE was wiped out by a gimmicky team dance.

She has been true class, while Nicole stoops to bringing on her Down Syndrome aunt for sympathy votes. Tells the tale of the difference between them.

Edited by MtnBabe, May 5, 2010 @ 3:39 PM.

ByTheWay

ByTheWay

Stalker

Posted May 5, 2010 @ 6:42 PM

Video > (TV Guide) DwtS S10W7 Interview: Erin Andrews and Maksim Chmerkovskiy

Malibu65

Malibu65

Stalker

Posted May 5, 2010 @ 8:38 PM

I am just glad the dancers supported Erin and tweeted their opinions and voiced them through other sources. It was cruel and idiotic for EH to say what she said. Erin was deeply hurt and this so-called apology won't change that. In time Erin will forget this crap happened and she can move on with her head up high. She dances great and even if she loses DWTS, she is a huge winner in other areas.

trojan69

trojan69

Fanatic

Posted May 5, 2010 @ 8:45 PM

EH gave Erin perhaps the best birthday gift she has ever been given: the love and support of folks of which she would never have known. Erin showed Ameriker what real class and strength is, as well. It took a ton for her to keep it together during that show once she was told she was B2.

As much as I hated both the EH attack, and the fact that Erin was made to endure such a looong B2 wait, I truly believe each happening was for the best.

Basically, Erin has already won, hasn't she?

hmpf

hmpf

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 5, 2010 @ 8:59 PM

Watching the View clip made my head explode. Not just EH's comments (she's always awful, shrilly and dumb) but the others' reactions. No one even defended Erin, the most they could say was that at least she was paid to wear the skimpy outfits on DWTS???!! What does getting paid have to do with anything? And that Shepard lady..."I know where you're coming from" to EH's comment. Just because she is a victim of stalking and invasion of privacy doesn't mean she has to dress like a nun. The whole panel should apologize. As a woman, I am ashamed that the View is supposed to represent the average woman's viewpoint.

Erin is adorable, and I hope she gets to the finals. She's a class act. I hope her birthday wasn't ruin w/ being bottom 2.

yosemite118

yosemite118

Couch Potato

Posted May 5, 2010 @ 10:01 PM

Ditsy Hasselbitch cried on cue for the ABC suits. Not a bit of sincerity in that apology and it was really bad form that she was able to drag her daughter and the bible into the fake apology. She said she was sorry for "hurting Erin's feelings", notice no apology for what she actually said (blaming the victim, excusing a criminal).

ITA. She said she was sorry for hurting Erin's feelings, but said nothing about being sorry for what she actually said. I hope Erin will refuse to ever appear on The View if asked.

Townsende

Townsende

Video Archivist

Posted May 6, 2010 @ 3:13 AM

ITA. She said she was sorry for hurting Erin's feelings, but said nothing about being sorry for what she actually said. I hope Erin will refuse to ever appear on The View if asked.

And the weird thing is other DWTS contestants have appeared on The View like Natalie & Alec and EH wasn't all judgmental about them. I don't get why she chose to disrespect Erin of all people who's been through so much recently. It seems like she has it in for her or something.