Adam Lambert (Take 2)

• Please log in to reply

15055 replies to this topic

TWoP Gadget

TWoP Gadget

TWoP Moderator

Posted Oct 5, 2009 @ 12:39 PM

Let's set some ground rules here.

First and foremost: read the FAQ if you haven't already. Right now.

Secondly: this is a Web site about television. This particular forum is about Adam Lambert, his appearance on American Idol, his music career, and so forth.

It is NOT a place to get into pissing matches with other posters. It is NOT a place to bitch about other Web sites or what they're saying about him. It is NOT a place to act like a 12 year old schoolgirl or, for that matter, a disapproving parent.

In short - turn your enthusiasm / lack thereof about Adam down from "11". I don't care how you feel about Adam - I just expect this to be a sane discussion thread. If you cannot carry on a sane, rational, drama-free discussion with other posters... this may not be the site for you.

For those wondering - consider this a new starting point.

breatheagain

breatheagain

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 6, 2012 @ 6:42 AM

He slayed! Lurve the backup singers, WERK it girls!

Posted Image

Edited by breatheagain, Apr 6, 2012 @ 7:40 AM.

Amery19

Amery19

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 6, 2012 @ 1:36 PM

That song and that performance are what I love best about Adam Fucking Lambert. Love love love the song, love the look (leather pants that fit!), love the dancing, the clapping, the energy, the beat, the clever visual tie-in to his cd cover, the back up singers, his control of the stage, plus his band sounded tight, had tons of energy and has never sounded better. Win, win, win, all around!

maxiford

maxiford

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 6, 2012 @ 4:21 PM

Win, win, win, all around!

Yes, yes, yes!

denimsky

denimsky

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 6, 2012 @ 4:49 PM

Adam burned up the stage with this performance!!! I mean, it was scorching hot! I'm looking forward to seeing it on tv on Monday.
Can you believe we got Adam Lambert from American Idol?!!!
I love Adam's thrilling performances!

Hot picture-
http://img444.images...36/19882639.jpg

jaebird

jaebird

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 6, 2012 @ 5:27 PM

God I love those trousers.

susannot

susannot

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 6, 2012 @ 7:05 PM

What channel on TV?

denimsky

denimsky

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 6, 2012 @ 7:41 PM

susannot- It's a cable channel- LOGO

http://www.logotv.co...e/?day=04/09/12

10 pm on Monday, then it shows on other days of the week too- click where it says other airdates.

susannot

susannot

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 6, 2012 @ 7:54 PM

Thx, denimsky. I just checked and we get LOGO. Can't wait to see the performance live and not filmed from someone's phone!

hlmac17

hlmac17

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 8, 2012 @ 2:19 PM

Logo uploaded the Trespassing performance on their site. Vimeo for those scorned international fans. Love the audience clapping along and the cuts to Raja, Sauli and Kelly dancing.

Edited by hlmac17, Apr 9, 2012 @ 4:33 PM.

denimsky

denimsky

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 8:10 AM

I love this article about Adam's "Trespassing" performance-

http://neonlimelight...nownext-awards/

What a perfect description-

"Did someone order a heaping dose of Adam Lambert oozing hot sex all over the stage? Well, your order is served."

And the picture of Adam they use in this article is perfect for the description! It'll be so nice to see this performance on a nice big television screen tonight!

breatheagain

breatheagain

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 9:57 AM

More news on the Queen front, fingers crossed.

QUEEN -- + ADAM LAMBERT -- WILL ROCK US SEVERAL TIMES THIS SUMMER

jaebird

jaebird

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 11:18 AM

This works for me - Hammersmith Apollo is a good venue and the dates will tie in with the album release date in the UK.

mezzzmerized

mezzzmerized

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 11:36 AM

Now confirmed by Billboard woo hoo!

http://www.billboard...006692352.story

susannot

susannot

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 10:32 PM

NewNextNow show was fun but I wish I had known that Adam would close out the show. Oh well, just means that I stayed up later than I intended. Adam gave a fabulous performance. It was great to see Kelly, Nadia, Sauli and the whole audience all dancing and rocking out to Trespassing. They stayed in their seats for the other performances, from what I saw. Kelly just adores Adam and he looked extremely handsome so I bet she features him on Fashion Police this week.

mezzzmerized

mezzzmerized

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 2:17 AM

It was great to see Kelly, Nadia, Sauli and the whole audience all dancing and rocking out to Trespassing.

It was! My fave though was seeing the adorbs Josh Hutcherson who I adore (Peeta from the amazing Hunger Games and tonight's winner of the Next Mega Star award) shakin his butt and air guitaring a litte bit to Trespassing! Also, I swear in Josh's backstage interview that ran during the livestream in lieu of commercials that he said he met Adam at his show in Hawaii, did I hear that right? Also fascinating to see that beautiful androgynous model Andrej getting his groove on a bit during the song.

I just loved that whole performance, I thought Adam did absolutely fantastic!

ETA: Found the Josh Hutcherson interview (he's such a cutie) and when Michelle Collins asked him how things were downstairs he said he met the iconic RuPaul and also talked to Adam, saying he actually got to meet Adam at his concert when he was performing in Hawaii and Josh was there shooting, and awww he called Adam "so cool, he's such a nice guy." OMG fandoms collide!

http://www.newnownex...erview/04/2012/

And here's Adam's short but sweet interview with Michelle backstage, love her, her tendency to say innappropriate things made so many of the other peeps she interwiewed slightly awkward, but she and Adam have such a comfortable vibe together.

http://www.newnownex...lounge/04/2012/

Edited by mezzzmerized, Apr 10, 2012 @ 3:36 AM.

Amery19

Amery19

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 3:57 PM

Pollo Del Mar ‏ @TheGlamazonPDM
Directly from @AdamLambert's mouth: The next single is "Never Close Our Eyes" because "it received the most interest from radio."

Adam Lambert ‏ @adamlambert Reply Retweet Favorite ·
2nd Single off of Trespassing will be "Never Close Our Eyes"!

I'll be interested to see if RCA did a better job picking and promoting this single than they did with BTIKM. I wonder if this "interest from radio" actually results in regular spins, as opposed to lip service and contests to get Adam fans to click on sites to generate ad revenue.

I can't stand the song (as I've heard it so far), but wish good luck to him with it nonetheless.

Edited by Amery19, Apr 11, 2012 @ 4:09 PM.

mezzzmerized

mezzzmerized

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 4:59 PM

YAY I absolutely love NCOE! I know during Adam's month-long radio tour there were PDs who tweeted about loving the new music Adam played for them, so they've definitely been getting input from radio. I think it's smart to go with the song that got the most response from radio. I also look forward to hearing Adam talk in interviews about him working in the studio with Bruno, I'm curious how all that came about. And there've been some very positive reactions from Bruno fans, so that's a nice perk.

I'm excited to hear the final version, since Adam said in an interview that the snippet is an earlier mix. Plus the snippet is only 90 seconds long or something, I want the whole thing like yesterday.

Fascinated by the single cover, Adam looks like a comic book/Sin City antihero! And that bright coloring is good for pulling people's eye toward it in everything from targeted ads to an itunes stamp.

http://www.whosay.co...t/photos/157276

Edited by mezzzmerized, Apr 11, 2012 @ 5:01 PM.

breatheagain

breatheagain

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 8:28 PM

I'M SO EXCITED! This is my favorite, with Naked Love in second.

Go get it Adam!

He's book for another radio show in Chicago. So that's NYC, Chicago, Philly and Boston all CHR stations. Seems RCA is committed to me :)

And I forgot CT.

Edited by breatheagain, Apr 11, 2012 @ 10:45 PM.

jaebird

jaebird

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 2:31 AM

I've just about made my peace with NCOE, not helped by the fact that I really don't like the acoustic versions from the radio station performances. I can't wait to see what he does with it on Idol and I'm hoping his fabulous backing singers from the NNNA are involved. Their voices blend amazingly well with Adam's. That chorus after the first verse of Trespassing is my favourite 15 seconds of Adam singing ever.

mezzzmerized

mezzzmerized

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 3:18 AM

Never Close Our Eyes is now up on Amazon, it'll be available for download on April 17th! Less than a week!

http://www.amazon.co...p_D.NHpb141MGKN

Also fantastic news, Adam is up on Jimmy Kimmel's site for a perfomance on April 26th yay! Fans suspected Adam was finally off ABC's naughty list when he presented at the last AMA's, and I think that him booking Kimmel is further proof. The Kimmel staff were not quiet about the fact that the network wouldn't let them rebook Adam on their show even several months after the AMA fallout cancellation, so it's great to see that's no longer the case.

breatheagain

breatheagain

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 6:27 AM

Adam served up a perfect pop song on a silver platter to radio and is daring them not to play him. Perfect pedigree, perfect vocal, perfect tempo. Trespassing his ass. :)

Yay for Kimmel!

Queen dates are July 11th and 12th.

http://outside-org.c...ts-to-go-ahead/

glamslam

glamslam

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 9:14 AM

The new single is a snoozer. I don't see it all that radio friendly. I just see this in the same vein as Better Than I Know Myself.

marie caroline

marie caroline

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 9:46 AM

Also fantastic news, Adam is up on Jimmy Kimmel's site for a perfomance on April 26th yay! Fans suspected Adam was finally off ABC's naughty list when he presented at the last AMA's, and I think that him booking Kimmel is further proof. The Kimmel staff were not quiet about the fact that the network wouldn't let them rebook Adam on their show even several months after the AMA fallout cancellation, so it's great to see that's no longer the case.

I was very heartened to read that. My next wish - is for Adam to guest star on Saturday Night Live. He is so perfect for that show.

I also think NCOE would be a perfect song for DWTS for the results show. The pro dancers could do a lot with that song.

I won't lie - I love Trespassing. That could be Adam's anthem. But I also loved FYE and that did not do well on radio. I thought WWFM was okay, but not my favorite - and that one took off. So, what I like is not necessarily the best choice for radio. I do like very much the snippet that Amazon has as opposed to the acoustic versions I have heard.

Whatever happens, Adam and Kimmel, Adam and Queen, Adam's second album debuting on May 15th - and whatever else we can look forward to - it is a good time to be an Adam Lambert fan! SO many goodies!!

ETA: The josepvina link won't work for me, but the soundcloud link did. All I can say is WOW!!!

I love it. LOVE it.

Edited by marie caroline, Apr 12, 2012 @ 11:41 AM.

breatheagain

breatheagain

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 10:05 AM

Pop Justice has a longer clip and it's banging!

So snoozy, LOL

NOCE Long clip

When we met up with Adam Lambert (CLANG!) last year he played us an early version of this song.

"It's not finished!" he said.

Usually when people tell you songs 'aren't finished' in that sort of scenario it's in case you think the song doesn't sound much cop. Well 'Never Close Our Eyes' did sound quite cop so everything was alright but as it happens the Bruno Mars-penned song has changed quite a lot - Dr Luke's come in to 'do a Dr Luke' on the production, the whole thing bangs about 28% more than it did before.

Obviously the whole written-by-Bruno-Mars aspect of the tune means that it doesn't pack quite as much of a personal, Lambo-type punch as the songs Adam himself wrote for the rest of 'Trespassing', but sonically it's far more in line with the album's more electrifying moments, so it sets the stage pretty well for the July album release.

Here's some of the final final final actual finished version of 'Never Close Our Eyes'.

ETA: Full Song! He's gonna kill it live

http://www.josepvina...single-premier/

Edited by breatheagain, Apr 12, 2012 @ 10:16 AM.

denimsky

denimsky

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 11:18 AM

"Never Close Our Eyes" Soundcloud whole song-

http://soundcloud.co...lose-our-eyes-1

I love Adam's second single! His voice sounds beautiful and amazing and just like himself on this finished track. I love this song much, much better than his first single. The song sounds just really vibrant and has a very good beat that is very uplifting and infectious. It really seems like the perfect song on the radio for summer fun and staying up late, and all the good times of summer. I hope so much and so hard that this song becomes a hit on the radio for Adam!

I'm excited about Adam's 4 concerts with Queen, but for some reason today, I'm most excited about the fact that Adam is going to be on Jimmy Kimmel! I'm so happy and excited about that. So he will most likely sing "Never Close Our Eyes" for the televised part of the concert. And then they usually have at least 1 or 2 more songs to watch online. I hope he sits down with Jimmy too for an interview. Oh, it's so great!

I also love the cover art for the single. I love all the "Trespassing" photo art so far- it's all stunning!

I saw three airings of Adam's performance on the NNN Awards. And I absolutely loved all of them! I was hoping for that for his next single, because it's so fierce! I hope that he performs it on Jimmy Kimmel too, and we can view online.
But I'm very happy with this song- it was my 2nd favorite pick for Adam's new single. Some sad news is that I never once heard Adam's first single on the radio! But I am full of optimism for this second single.

breatheagain

breatheagain

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 1:01 PM

ABC ban is lifted. Way to go DMG!

Out There

Out There

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 4:49 PM

Full version of NCOE is amazing, I dig the sound so much! Like denimsky said, it's incredibly infectious and Adam's voice sounds amazing on it, great job the entire team who worked on it!

areca

areca

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 8:55 PM

I immediately wondered why Adam was singing a Bruno Mars tune. Then I realized Adam was singing a Bruno Mars tune. It's OK. This one might make Top 40. The first one never had a shot.

jynni

jynni

Fanatic

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 9:19 PM

While I'm not loving the new song, I do think it's lightyears better than BTIKM. I can actually listen to this one with without cringing.

I finally heard the clip of Cuckoo today and that one I love. Although it seems like it would be better as a June-ish single so I can see why they haven't release it yet.

breatheagain

breatheagain

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 10:00 PM

I have Bruno's album. It sounds nothing like anything on Doo Wops and Hooligans.