S14: Naduah

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

213 replies to this topic

Christian323

Christian323

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 14, 2010 @ 4:43 AM

Oh she'd definitely have to work on her weight if she wanted to book real jobs after this show. Being 5'7 is a disadvantage in itself but having on extra weight along with that is a complete no-no.

fashionkills

fashionkills

Fanatic

Posted Mar 15, 2010 @ 4:00 AM

I like her face. It's strong without being overbearing. Does anyone else get a strong Sinead O'Connor/Eurythmics vibe??? My big problem with her is that she looks heavy and short, which wouldn't be a big deal, except she IS heavy and short.

kizzikat

kizzikat

Just Tuned In

Posted Mar 15, 2010 @ 4:50 AM

I like the way she photographs. In that way she is one of the best for me. Relying on her cult story so heavily puts me off, as does the oddly changeable accent. She is beautiful, so enough with "I know I'm too short so I'll try my best to make you sorry for me" schtick. I guess that is the difference between the girls who genuinely want to model and those that are there for the reality TV aspect.

repag

repag

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 17, 2010 @ 11:39 PM

Dammit! I wanted her to gradually paint herself into a corner of fabrications. Now how will we ever find out if she was telling the truth?

That is a really strange accent though, especially how it's one way and then another. Though maybe it flows on and off the way Tyra's does, or how I am a valley girl with friends but not at an interview?

Dammit! I wanted her to gradually paint herself into a corner of fabrications. Now how will we ever find out if she was telling the truth?

That is a really strange accent though, especially how it's one way and then another. Though maybe it flows on and off the way Tyra's does, or how I am a valley girl with friends but not at an interview?

fashionkills

fashionkills

Fanatic

Posted Mar 18, 2010 @ 10:08 AM

I know! I was secretly hoping that she would turn into ANTM's version of Coach, so I could be entertained by her delusions and hate her.

Her accent is so bizarre, but I hate the way it changes from sentence to sentence. It seems so affected.

I'm glad she's seen the boot. I had a feeling Tyra only chose her for the edgy quotient, but she was pretty bad.

HZAnita

HZAnita

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 18, 2010 @ 10:30 AM

*sniff*

Two favorites ripped from my bosom in ninety minutes! Oh well, good luck, Nadua.

Or whoever you are.

anon1989

anon1989

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 18, 2010 @ 11:36 AM

Let the conspiracy theories begin! Her photos obviously were not bad and she seemed charming enough. Maybe it was drawing on the eyebrows. Maybe it was her lack of heigth (can we please have Aswirl this cycle?). Or maybe she really is a pathological liar. I am excited to read her interviews.

milkyaqua

milkyaqua

Stalker

Posted Mar 18, 2010 @ 11:59 AM

From Tyra's twitter:

So here's my ANTM secret I promised: Naduah. I wish she was still in. Much love to you Naduah. U rock! Oh, and I loved your sunglasses shot.

Both shorties eliminated first. Coincidence?

Anyway, I liked Naduah's first shot and even with the changing accent and reapplying the make-up artists make-up and drawing in brows over Tyra's bleached ones, I still think she should have stayed.

I will also be doubly pissed if that idiot Ren self-eliminates next week. Gah!

ThighraBanks

ThighraBanks

Fanatic

Posted Mar 18, 2010 @ 12:35 PM

I just could not get over her sucky body. Not sad.

soymilk

soymilk

Fanatic

Posted Mar 18, 2010 @ 1:20 PM

I wonder if Tyra is letting Andre Leon Talley wield too much influence on this joke of a modeling show in order to give it a whiff of legitimacy. Bye, alien midget!

mystic80

mystic80

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 18, 2010 @ 1:55 PM

I think she is so beautiful. Too bad she is gone; it would have been interesting to see how her 'lies' unfolded.

Caycee

Caycee

Stalker

Posted Mar 18, 2010 @ 3:38 PM

I can't place who exactly, but she reminded me of someone from Mass Effect. I think it was her voice.

prmami

prmami

Fanatic

Posted Mar 18, 2010 @ 4:17 PM

Very disappointing to see her go so soon. I wanted to give her the benefit of the doubt about her stories, but it wasn't boding too well for her.

Revive

Revive

Fanatic

Posted Mar 19, 2010 @ 1:57 AM

I'm not too torn up about it, but the editors really tried hard to make us hate her, so there's always that. I was still pretty shocked she left so soon.

I didn't like her perfume shot at all but I thought it would have been loads better if she had closed her mouth.

Mertvaya Ruka

Mertvaya Ruka

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 20, 2010 @ 7:25 PM

Well, dang. She was my pick to win.

Her stories were inconsistent and when someone as dumb as, well, any of the other models, can figure that out, she's just a terrible liar.

She reminds me of that bald chick from Star Trek I.

milkyaqua

milkyaqua

Stalker

Posted Mar 20, 2010 @ 7:34 PM

She reminds me of that bald chick from Star Trek I.

But that chick was working for the evil Vger and...

Inconsistencies aside, I'd have liked to see just how crazy and disjointed Naduah's story got. Because again, why are Angelea and Alasia still there?

fashionkills

fashionkills

Fanatic

Posted Mar 20, 2010 @ 11:33 PM

Her stories were inconsistent and when someone as dumb as, well, any of the other models, can figure that out, she's just a terrible liar.

Her stories were terribly inconsistent, but in her defense, just because you've done a couple of runway seasons, does not mean you're making any money. I mean, how many fashion shows could there be in Cancun? And how much could they pay? I've known girls who've gone to the big 4 markets, done 40-50 shows and still wound up even or in debt after paying commissions, rent, transport/travel and getting paid in trade.

Bookrat

Bookrat

Fanatic

Posted Mar 21, 2010 @ 12:57 AM

This is why I could never be a judge on this show. I liked her photo. Never in a million years, did I think she'd end up in the bottom two and then get kicked off. I thought her perfume picture was much prettier than some of the others the judges were praising. I just saw the end of the show so I was floored. It wasn't until I started reading that she had been darken her eyebrows and kept reapplying her makeup (no wonder Tyra had her wipe it off) did I feel this might be why she was booted off so early. I also didn't understand the judges comments about her clothes. They weren't edgy? So what. She looked nice. She looked classy at panel...unlike some of the others.
Yep, this is why I can't be a judge.

Edited by Bookrat, Mar 21, 2010 @ 12:58 AM.

T Scrumptious

T Scrumptious

Fanatic

Posted Mar 21, 2010 @ 1:55 AM

Her stories were terribly inconsistent, but in her defense, just because you've done a couple of runway seasons, does not mean you're making any money. I mean, how many fashion shows could there be in Cancun? And how much could they pay? I've known girls who've gone to the big 4 markets, done 40-50 shows and still wound up even or in debt after paying commissions, rent, transport/travel and getting paid in trade.

I believe the part about the getting work and not making much money, it was the Play Boy offer I found suspicious.

fashionkills

fashionkills

Fanatic

Posted Mar 21, 2010 @ 3:02 AM

I believe the part about the getting work and not making much money, it was the Play Boy offer I found suspicious.

Oh, yes! Everything else besides that was very suspicious!

Haberdasher

Haberdasher

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 21, 2010 @ 10:32 AM

Seeing Naduah lined up with the other girls at the runway lesson, and then later backstage at the fashion show made me realize how short she looks in comparison, which now has me thinking more about the conversations she had at the house. One of the girls mentioned that Naduah had walked during international fashion week. Would any designer hire an unknown model as short as Naduah for something like that?

C0mputerGeek

C0mputerGeek

Stalker

Posted Mar 21, 2010 @ 11:41 AM

Would any designer hire an unknown model as short as Naduah for something like that?

You need to take a look at the thread over at TFS called Models Who Aren't That Tall. Plenty of designers already do hire unknown models as short as Naduah.

Edited by C0mputerGeek, Mar 21, 2010 @ 12:09 PM.

Haberdasher

Haberdasher

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 21, 2010 @ 1:06 PM

You need to take a look at the thread over at TFS called Models Who Aren't That Tall. Plenty of designers already do hire unknown models as short as Naduah.

Interesting read; thanks for the answer and link.

KedzieMatthews

KedzieMatthews

Fanatic

Posted Mar 21, 2010 @ 4:20 PM

Yeah, I call bullshit on the Playboy story. I believe she was raised in a religious cult and probably did a few runway shows, but Hef doesn't want bald chicks with mosquito-bite boobs. I think she was only trying to stroke her own ego, and maybe intimidate the other girls a bit. Too bad they could see right through her.

I must say, though, that I will kind of miss her crazy ass. She wasn't as EDGY as Tyra thought she was (and will someone please give that woman a thesaurus!), but she WAS entertaining. A real space-cadet. We should have been able to hear more of her stories.

anon1989

anon1989

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 21, 2010 @ 4:38 PM

While I agree that Playboy is unlikely, it certainly is possible. There are a handful of photos on all-antm where she has long black hair and is wearing lingerie, and she doesn't look bad at all. Remember, Naduah didn't say she was asked to be a centerfold or anything. She could have been offered a very minor job, like a single photo as a girl in the background. Playboy isn't just about naked women - it's obviously all about the articles!

"International fashion week" can mean absolutely anything. If she did a show in Cancun, that's international. There have been lots of ANTM alum walking in fashion weeks (NY, LA, Boston, Chicago) for no-name designers. Sheena for one of those Real Housewives comes to mind, but you know what? Sheena can say she walked in NYFW. Naduah was intentionally ambiguous.

tl;dr I think Naduah was telling the truth but purposefully left out details. The other girls made her stories seem bigger than they actually were.

C0mputerGeek

C0mputerGeek

Stalker

Posted Mar 21, 2010 @ 5:58 PM

Here are some additional pre-show photos of Naduah along with her portfolio for Leaf Models. Looking at some of the bathing suit pictures, I can see her getting an offer to pose in Playboy:

Can someone translate her measurements to inches?

anon1989

anon1989

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 21, 2010 @ 6:25 PM

Thanks for rounding those up, C0mputerGeek!

According to her portfolio, she is 5'8" and her measurements are roughly 33.5-24-34.5. She seemed much thicker on the show, though.

Myndela

Myndela

Fanatic

• Interests:Classic rock, bead weaving, playing the guitar and writing music.

Posted Mar 21, 2010 @ 6:30 PM

She looks a lot like Zooey Deschanel in this one: http://s524.photobuc...t=Naduah_21.jpg

I think she's very striking and gorgeous. I hope she does well for herself.

fashionkills

fashionkills

Fanatic

Posted Mar 22, 2010 @ 2:55 AM

Seeing Naduah lined up with the other girls at the runway lesson, and then later backstage at the fashion show made me realize how short she looks in comparison, which now has me thinking more about the conversations she had at the house. One of the girls mentioned that Naduah had walked during international fashion week. Would any designer hire an unknown model as short as Naduah for something like that?

Well, she WAS modelling at an international fashion week...in Cancun! lol. Of course they would be more lenient there.

A lot of girls have walked top runways before being below height, but they are obviously few and far between.

That threas is interesting, but a lot of them are purely speculating on model's heights...and most of them are dead wrong. Mariacarla being 5'8??? She's 5'10.5". I literally just finished working with her. There are more examples, of course.

soapygirl

soapygirl

Fanatic

Posted Mar 22, 2010 @ 10:52 AM

I think Naduah would not have even made it into the model house unless she had shaved her head/said she was from a religious cult.