S14: Naduah

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

213 replies to this topic

C0mputerGeek

C0mputerGeek

Stalker

Posted Feb 12, 2010 @ 4:30 PM

Nadua Rugely
Hometown: Grand Prairie, Texas
Height: 173cm
Weight: 54kg

Full Length and close-up

Some pre-show work:

Edited by C0mputerGeek, Feb 14, 2010 @ 9:12 PM.

soBlu

soBlu

Fanatic

Posted Feb 12, 2010 @ 10:19 PM

I love her, her face and her baldnessness. My only concern is that she looks kind of short. And she's old.

milkyaqua

milkyaqua

Stalker

Posted Feb 12, 2010 @ 10:39 PM

I see Claire 2.0 and the age is a ding but she does have an interesting look. Even though, a lot of her pre-show is hit-or-miss.

T Scrumptious

T Scrumptious

Fanatic

Posted Feb 13, 2010 @ 4:15 PM

Do you really think she looks like Claire? Or is it just because of the hair. I really don't see any resemblance.

Sol Apollo

Sol Apollo

Fanatic

Posted Feb 13, 2010 @ 4:34 PM

I initially thought she looked like Claire, but I think it's the hair...or lack thereof.

She has an interesting face, reminds me a bit of Tanya Dziahileva and Milla Jovovich.

Revive

Revive

Fanatic

Posted Feb 13, 2010 @ 8:02 PM

The closeup does her a lot of justice. I'm warming up to the baldheaditness since she has a tendency to look too sexy in her preshow work (of course, glazed over eyes and blow-up doll mouths don't really help in the matter).

I'm glad I like her more now because initially, all I could think when I saw her was this.

1marc987

1marc987

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 13, 2010 @ 10:20 PM

I hate the baldness. I think it looks pretty stupid with her face, honestly. I like her pre-show work though...

Weeman18

Weeman18

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 13, 2010 @ 10:58 PM

I agree with the baldness hatred. It takes a very specific type of girl to pull off the bald look, you need to have a really striking face. Naduah's face lacks that 100%. If this wasn't antm, I'd say she must have shown up to auditions already bald or else they never would have let her through.

Regardless of her lack of hair, which I do truly hate, I'm just not digging Naduah's face. Her pre-show work isn't very impressive either. Everything done by Jai Zeta, in my opinion, is absolutely terrible. She looks horrid, which is partly the makeup artist's fault, and I don't really see anything impressive modeling wise either. However, I will give her that the Tim Gleason stuff isn't too bad.

I dunno, since she's my least favorite pre-show, she'll naturally be my favorite by the time the show is over.

nicenessness

nicenessness

Stalker

Posted Feb 15, 2010 @ 4:50 PM

I think she's pretty and pretty balheadit. She probably causes as much sorrow dead...

Edited by nicenessness, Feb 15, 2010 @ 4:50 PM.

milkyaqua

milkyaqua

Stalker

Posted Feb 16, 2010 @ 8:14 PM

Why would Tyra shave her bald? This can't possibly be helpful in the real world when you're an unknown model.

Kanine

Kanine

Fanatic

Posted Feb 16, 2010 @ 9:31 PM

This can't possibly be helpful in the real world when you're an unknown model.

Oh, but it's very helpful when you're a show that's losing ratings and needs DRAMA! to pull in the 18-49 demographic. Naduah's post-show career is much less important to the powers that be than advertising dollars for the CW.

She's pretty with hair - from some angles I see a Lauren (c10, not Camembert) resemblance, but the makeover is godawful and all wrong for her.

milkyaqua

milkyaqua

Stalker

Posted Feb 17, 2010 @ 10:22 PM

CW Interview

Kanine

Kanine

Fanatic

Posted Feb 18, 2010 @ 1:19 AM

She's well spoken, intelligent, seems charming, I love her accent, she looks pretty in motion, AND her sob story is pretty kick-ass. Seems too good to be true, honestly - she'll probably turn out to be a bitch.

Edited by Kanine, Feb 18, 2010 @ 1:19 AM.

Myndela

Myndela

Fanatic

• Interests:Classic rock, bead weaving, playing the guitar and writing music.

Posted Feb 18, 2010 @ 1:58 AM

I think that she looks awful in the shot, but that she is very pretty in the video. However, from the angle that the video is shot, she kind of looks like a member of the Coneheads, and that means she would give out fried chicken embryos and beer out for Halloween.

Edited by Myndela, Feb 18, 2010 @ 2:01 AM.

angrymonkey

angrymonkey

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 20, 2010 @ 4:25 PM

There's something about her bald that makes me think of Nina Flowers from season 1 of RuPaul's Drag Race. That would be a compliment though, cause Nina's awesome. We'll see if Naduah makes me sad.

anon1989

anon1989

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 20, 2010 @ 4:55 PM

Naduah's video has completely changed my opinion of her. I'm getting major Anya personality vibes from her, which is obviously a very good thing. I really hope that she turns it out!

Loca, I'm not seeing Nina. But if Naduah can be even 1/100th as fierce is Ms. Flowers, then we've got our winner.

milkyaqua

milkyaqua

Stalker

Posted Feb 20, 2010 @ 10:03 PM

I love Nina Flowers. Naduah seems cool in that clip and the bald is growing on me. She seems so mellow and grounded though. I wouldn't mind seeing her get overseas but I can't see her winning. Also, isn't she a mom? I don't think ANTM will be a mom.

Edited by milkyaqua, Feb 20, 2010 @ 10:04 PM.

soBlu

soBlu

Fanatic

Posted Feb 20, 2010 @ 11:59 PM

I think she'll be Nnenna'd where there will be a shoot that calls for an extremely soft, feminine, sexy look and she'll flunk.

nowrite2000

nowrite2000

Fanatic

Posted Mar 11, 2010 @ 12:09 AM

You know I usually hate the sob story, but I actually am fascinated by Naduah's background and feel like she is totally getting short shrift on ANTM. She should be on MTV's True Life or something on PBS.

And I like the baldness and think she could still be feminine with the right styling. Just toss a pearl-studded scalp chain on her and maybe she could be the Where Are They Now? version of the Childlike Empress.

Myndela

Myndela

Fanatic

• Interests:Classic rock, bead weaving, playing the guitar and writing music.

Posted Mar 11, 2010 @ 1:10 AM

I love this girl. I absolutely adore her. She is gorgeous and fascinating. I wonder about her cult, though. There is this cult that was called the Children of God that started up in the late 60s/early 70s. They were very open sexually, but they would molest and rape children of cult members. What she mentioned, along with the hard labor, sounds so much like what the Children of God people did. The cult was put on the front pages of newspapers back in 2004, when the adopted son of the original cult leader found his old nanny, took her out to dinner, then murdered her and committed suicide. There was a documentary that was made a couple of years later by the estranged son of a cult member, who went all over the US and South America to find other children he knew of that he had grown up with who also left the cult. A handful of the kids he'd grown up with had committed suicide after leaving, because they couldn't deal with what had happened to them when they were children. Even a couple people who were married and had children of their own.

Anyway, I hope she elaborates a bit on what cult this was, because the little that she said rang a bell with me. I'm happy that she was able to break free and make a better life for herself. She seems like a lovely person, and I'm really rooting for her. Hair or no hair, she is stunning.

Edited by Myndela, Mar 11, 2010 @ 1:12 AM.

KADC

KADC

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 11, 2010 @ 2:44 AM

She should be on MTV's True Life or something on PBS.

Never thought I'd see MTV and PBS mentioned in the same sentence. Heh.

Anyway, love Naduah. The baldness is awesome, but it's the face that I love. She's otherworldly beautiful. I got the impression that she was kind of short, though. Not that it matters. I don't give a shit about modeling, so I don't care if she's "modeling material." I just love to look at her and listen to her voice. Glad she made it.

milkyaqua

milkyaqua

Stalker

Posted Mar 11, 2010 @ 11:57 AM

I like her too but she is another short one.

Tyra is going to keep at her until she gets the crying that she wants which annoys me to no end.

Also, isn't she a mom as well (I think we have around four or five this cycle)? She's a favorite but I don't know if Shoket is going to view any of the mothers favorably as 17 candidates.

fffaw

fffaw

Fanatic

Posted Mar 11, 2010 @ 12:20 PM

I wonder about her cult, though.

I saw some pre-cycle thing online (I'm trying to find it now and will post after I do). It was pictures of the girls with blurbs on some of them. I am pretty sure that they said that she was either raised in Children of God or Family of God. I really need to find this article again.

GeorgieGirl

GeorgieGirl

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 11, 2010 @ 12:29 PM

Loved her. Gorgeous girl. Wish they'd given her hair because that will be my deal breaker :(

Mertvaya Ruka

Mertvaya Ruka

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 11, 2010 @ 12:43 PM

She's my favorite already, she's really gorgeous.

What does it say about this show that this girl was raised in a molestation cult and she's no where near the craziest one there?

I hope she wins and even if she doesn't I bet she will have a lot of modeling jobs lined up.

ETA: Giving her hair would have been my greatest fear for her; not everyone looks good bald but she has the huge eyes, round head and prominent cheekbones that really make it a beautiful look for her. I'm so glad they left her lack of hair as is.

Edited by Mertvaya Ruka, Mar 11, 2010 @ 12:46 PM.

milkyaqua

milkyaqua

Stalker

Posted Mar 11, 2010 @ 1:49 PM

I'd have been scared to think what Tyra would have tried to do with what amounts to being peach fuzz on Naduah's head. I'm actually glad that she came in bald and yes, she has a nice shaped head and pretty eyes.

I still don't think she'll win being a mom but I do want her to get far and get something positive out of this.

HZAnita

HZAnita

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 11, 2010 @ 4:03 PM

Nadua absolutely has my heart. She is my emotional favorite. I love everything about her. Her eyes, her lips, the shape of her face. And I adore her attitude. I know she won't win because, as has been mentioned, she is one of the shorter girls, but I am totally in love with this girl. I hope she goes far.

Haberdasher

Haberdasher

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 12, 2010 @ 8:43 AM

Hated her pre-show shot, love her in motion. My new favorite.

themilkshakeman

themilkshakeman

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 12, 2010 @ 4:10 PM

I hate that she's as short as she is. If she was 3 inches taller I think she could be in Paris or Milan for real.

soBlu

soBlu

Fanatic

Posted Mar 13, 2010 @ 7:54 PM

Naduah has such an amazing face but 5'7" is really pushing it. She looks like she could stand to drop a few pounds as well. But I am so glad they kept her bald.