Undercover Boss

• Please log in to reply

1535 replies to this topic

StephInMN

StephInMN

Couch Potato

Posted May 3, 2013 @ 9:13 PM

I liked the boss tonight. He seemed genuine and worked his way up. LOVED the zoology major killing bugs, but isn't there an issue with the bee population? I wish they could have done something other than kill them. (I understand the danger, but maybe move them?)

Paisley was a good worker and all, but she hadn't been at the company as long as the guy with Leukemia, and she got more money...

Utica

Utica

Couch Potato

Posted May 3, 2013 @ 11:14 PM

Johnny (the man needing surgery) kept thanking the lord for all the blessings he was receiving. "Bob" (the boss) didn't seem like a religious man or he didn't want to paint the company as endorsing a certain religion. But with each 'thank the lord' I could imagine Bob thinking: 'wth, it's me giving the money!' Haha.

Utica

Utica

Couch Potato

Posted May 10, 2013 @ 11:38 PM

ex-RetroFitness mouthy-bratty Jacqueline is now employed.   But she's employed with vulnerable senior citizens?  That's pretty much a complete change from working front desk at a gym.  Looks like she's on her way to becoming a better human being.

WubPaigeJones

WubPaigeJones

Couch Potato

Posted May 11, 2013 @ 1:17 AM

Really? I see her as the type of person who is going to bully and harrass seniors with memory issues... After seeing her behavior at the gym, she's the LAST person I'd want caring for any loved ones of mine.

Zahdii

Zahdii

Couch Potato

Posted May 11, 2013 @ 6:37 AM

Hi, just found this forum.  I've only watched a handful of episodes of UB, but when I saw there was a "where are they now?" eppi, I gave up the Fashion Star finale and watched UB instead.  I'd actually watched the Boston Market episode and remembered Diva Ronnie who got fired on camera and wanted to know what had become of him. 

It was no surprise that the lame Survivor Colton wannabe is still at home living with mommy and still not working.  Although he claimed he didn't know why no one wanted to employ him, he was kind of smug when he said it, so I'm sure he knows exactly why he's not working and is totally fine with it.  It's much more fun to "lie on the couch watching TV and eating ice cream", especially when Mom's paying the bills. 

It was funny to see him sitting on the couch with his friends surrounding him and watching him delude himself into thinking that these people are really the Fabulous Ronnie's fan club.  I was surprised to hear him claim that even though he calls himself a diva and and all his other antics, he claimed he wasn't gay.  He was sitting next to a blond but there was plenty of space between them, and he insisted that he'd been dating her for a year.  But he never touched her, and his 'proof' that they were dating was a rather obvious shot of her patting his knee.  I really think this little famewhore and his friends are angling for their own reality show.

ScrubMonkey

ScrubMonkey

Fanatic

Posted May 11, 2013 @ 7:07 AM

Yeah, when Ronnie called himself a Diva a handful of times, and then called himself the Kim Kardashian of fast food or something like that, and the Shirley Temple of something else...I mean who is he kidding? I suppose a guy could be hetero and deliberately play up to gay stereotypes but...come on, Diva Ronnie. And kid? You are no Diva. 

I feel sorry for the proud slacker's parents. And apparently he has his entourage constantly eating up their food and wearing holes in their sectional as well.

Jacqueline, in a past episode: "Sometimes I just want to punch people in the face." Yeah, exactly who I'd want taking care of a bunch of bedridden people too ill to speak. What the HELL is her employer thinking? And she actually cried talking about how much she loves herself. If my relative or loved one were in that particular nursing home, I wouldn't even put my coat or shoes on, I'd haul ass so fast to pull them out of there. My front door would be open, TV still going, tire marks in my driveway. I also feel sorry for her parents. (But not as sorry as for her patients.)

It was nice to see what some of the other past employees did with their cash and prizes.

I don't recall the trucker who loved the F bomb being updated. They showed a clip of him, and of the reefer surfer dude, but nothing new.

Edited by ScrubMonkey, May 11, 2013 @ 7:07 AM.

gwlisa

gwlisa

Video Archivist

Posted May 11, 2013 @ 9:58 AM

Who was the guy offering to sell weed?

melissa1925

melissa1925

Fanatic

Posted May 11, 2013 @ 1:09 PM

My dh in his best Jacqueline voice "I don't give a fuck that you are 97 years old. Move faster & how could you forget what I just told you to do"

lol

I  thought it was all kinds of awesome that Jacqueline cried when she was talking about how much she loves herself. 

legaleagle44

legaleagle44

Stalker

Posted May 11, 2013 @ 1:25 PM

It was no surprise that the lame Survivor Colton wannabe is still at home living with mommy and still not working.

Please.  Even Colton doesn't deserve to be compared to Ronnie.  I mean, dude, why would you go into a business where it's your job to interact with customers on a daily basis if you hate dealing with customers so much because "it's always all about them"?  Hello -- that's kind of the point of a customer-service job!

And assuming that he was telling the truth about his beard -- er, I mean girlfriend, if she's got half a functioning brain cell, she'll run far, far away from this pathetic, self-absorbed loser.   Yeah, he's real relationship material, all right.  *insert eye roll here*

As for Jacqueline?  I'm still amazed that she held on to her job at Retro Fitness for as long as she did.  Like Ronnie, she's toxic in a customer-oriented job.  If an assisted-living facility absolutely had to hire her, it should have given her a desk job that's as far removed from patient interaction as possible.

Edited by legaleagle44, May 11, 2013 @ 1:27 PM.

Shugardrawers

Shugardrawers

Video Archivist

Posted May 11, 2013 @ 2:43 PM

Ok, I'm finally watching the Orkin epi.  I had to pause it not 5 minutes in to come back and tell ya'll I nearly wet the couch laughing.  First stop, a trailer they've been to before.  Customer says "we're still having some activity".  So training guy says he'll take a look and see what the problem might be.  Then they pan to the kitchen.  I can tell him EXACTLY what the problem is LOL!  It's the filthy disgusting way you keep your kitchen!  All the pest control in the world won't help if you don't clean up all the damn rotted food and dirty dishes.  Stop feeding the roaches and they'll go away you dumbass!

ScrubMonkey

ScrubMonkey

Fanatic

Posted May 13, 2013 @ 2:56 AM

Who was the guy offering to sell weed?

He worked at some sort of clothing store. I think it was a surfwear and skateboard-wear oriented store: beachwear, board shorts, stuff like that. 

I can't watch the Orkin episode. :shudder:

lu1wml

lu1wml

Fanatic

Posted May 13, 2013 @ 10:54 AM

At least some of this must have been filmed soon after the original episode, because we see the boss, Modells?, giving her $250k to buy a house immediately, and in the follow-up the woman is just moving into an unfurnished house.

I'd guess it would be no more than a few months in between--say six months if the house was just being built.

I hope Jacqueline's employers have second thoughts after seeing this, and not let let deal directly with seniors.

melissa1925

melissa1925

Fanatic

Posted May 16, 2013 @ 8:47 AM

Modells: I was wondering what her loser husband thought about another man doing what he couldn't. IE:getting the entire family out of a homeless shelter.

Slight nikpick: When the Modells boss came to see the house for the first time and saw that the family didn't have beds. The next scene is of a truck delivering beds & sheet sets to the house.

Boy! that was fast

Ouisch

Ouisch

Fanatic

Posted May 16, 2013 @ 12:34 PM

Modells: I was wondering what her loser husband thought about another man doing what he couldn't. IE:getting the entire family out of a homeless shelter.

Really. And the family didn't even have beds to sleep on, but she's expecting another baby. To paraphrase Judge Judy: "You have enough children!"

The Orkin one absolutely made my skin crawl, especially that first house/trailer infested with roaches. I couldn't believe that the people that lived there didn't mind showing millions of viewers that they lived in filth. I wonder how far Child Protective Services was behind the Undercover Boss camera crew. The entymology major was cool, though...."I love insects!" (pauses to kill a hive full of bees) I'm glad he'll get to complete his degree, though, since he seems to have a passion for his job.

lu1wml

lu1wml

Fanatic

Posted May 16, 2013 @ 1:43 PM

...."I love insects!" (pauses to kill a hive full of bees) I'm glad he'll get to complete his degree, though, since he seems to have a passion for his job.

He said he hated to kill them, and they are endangered, but he didn't want them to sting children. 
It would have been nice if he'd been able to re-hive them.

kassa

kassa

Fanatic

Posted May 17, 2013 @ 11:05 AM

I wonder if off-camera he would do that.  Tricky situation - Orkin pays him to kill them, and going behind Orkin's back to find an alternative endangers his job. 

Perhaps with his degree if he works for Orkin in management he can start a program for relocating large bee hives.  Orkin would still get paid, maybe get some good environmental press about it, and the owner doesn't care what the heck you do with them, just that they're gone. 

The Orkin one absolutely made my skin crawl, especially that first house/trailer infested with roaches. I couldn't believe that the people that lived there didn't mind showing millions of viewers that they lived in filth. I wonder how far Child Protective Services was behind the Undercover Boss camera crew.

That reminds me of the Dirty Jobs episode that introduced the weird pest control guy.  Similar situation, out of control roach-infested trailer (it was far worse than this one, as I recall).  Mike Rowe took a lot of flack from internet fans because there was a pet bird in the trailer and they didn't remove it before spraying.  He said he felt bad about that, but worse about the fact that CHILDREN lived in that home, and while they didn't want to shame the owners, it was pretty distressing to everybody involved because of that, above and beyond the ick factor of creepy crawlies.

tryagainlater

tryagainlater

Channel Surfer

Posted May 17, 2013 @ 1:01 PM

The Modell's one made me a bit sad.  These people doesn't seem to know how to budget money.  I was just surprised that she bought a 4 bedroom house.  She was going to furnish and decorate it.  And on top of it, she has a baby.  The whole check is gone!

They should've used birth control.  If you had 3 children with you at the homeless shelter, that's sad.  And on top of it, she looked a bit polished.  Hair was done, nice clothes, even the children looked presentable.  Were her nails painted as well? 

I just wouldn't be surprised if they ended up back in the homeless shelter.

Have nothing to say about Jacqueline.  She can blame everyone but never see herself as a horrible person.  She said she watched the show but she doesn't look like she's changed.  I feel bad for the seniors.  They are treated pretty bad in retirement homes as it is, and you have someone like her working there?  If I were her boss, I'd put a camera up to watch her.  See how much she doesn't abuse or curse at the seniors.

Ronnie, you didn't gain a bit of weight, you gained a whole person. And stop tweezing your eyebrows.

Edited by tryagainlater, May 17, 2013 @ 1:03 PM.

walnutqueen

walnutqueen

Fanatic

Posted May 17, 2013 @ 2:20 PM

Perhaps with his degree if he works for Orkin in management he can start a program for relocating large bee hives.  Orkin would still get paid, maybe get some good environmental press about it, and the owner doesn't care what the heck you do with them, just that they're gone. 

That's an excellent idea, kassa.  We need all the beehives we can save.  Many years ago I had a beehive in an untenable location, and had no problem finding a bee relocation expert in my area.  Now I have a huge hive and don't care what it is near - it is staying!

ScrubMonkey

ScrubMonkey

Fanatic

Posted May 18, 2013 @ 3:42 AM

They can rehive tens of thousands of bees from a single location. Killing them is just stupidity on the pesticide sprayer's part plus it pollutes the environment and endangers other living things to spray pesticides. My building did that with bees, spraying permethrin, which is not even legal to use indoors; I was directly harmed by that health-wise. It's just plain stupid and infuriating. 

I've seen multiple news stories about bees being rehomed by beekeepers or even vacuumed up and rehomed with beekeepers, as well as know of stories from life, very similar to that. So I call BS on the guy's statement he had to kill them. BS.

going behind Orkin's back to find an alternative endangers his job. 

Orkin is a pest removal service, but if they were smart they would add eco friendly alternatives, including bee removal/bee rehoming rather than simply kill bees. (It would take business away from other companies which people go to great lengths to seek out so there is a market there.) They're not the only pest removal company that just kills them though; it's simply easier on their part and in my opinion none of those companies care who else it harms.

Edited by ScrubMonkey, May 18, 2013 @ 3:45 AM.

legaleagle44

legaleagle44

Stalker

Posted May 18, 2013 @ 9:42 AM

And...moving on to last night's season finale episodes:

Clearly, the Hooters CEO has learned nothing at all from the backlash that his episode generated.  I mean, he gets bought out, so what does he do?  He establishes a brand-new restaurant chain called "Twin Peaks" (I actually rolled my eyes when I saw that name, because it was so glaringly obvious what the restaurant theme was going to be) which is nothing more than a repackaged Hooters, with different versions of the barely-there uniforms that the wait staff has to wear (and notice, not a man in the bunch!).

I'm going to have to go watch the original Checkers episode to see exactly why that CEO immediately shut the restaurant down after finding out what an asshole the manager was.  I'm honestly surprised that the manager didn't laugh in his face and say, "Yeah, right -- you're the CEO of Checkers, with that corny mustache and glasses?  Get out of here before I have you thrown out for being a troublemaker!"

And speaking of asshole supervisors, did anyone else think that we were going to get another onscreen firing courtesy of the Moe's Grill CEO?  That shift supervisor should be introduced to Jacqueline from Retro Fitness -- talk about two peas in a pod!

Edited by legaleagle44, May 18, 2013 @ 7:15 PM.

canaanite2

canaanite2

Couch Potato

Posted May 18, 2013 @ 10:53 AM

I've tried to watch this show a few times when there's nothing else on (yes, it's still possible for that to happen in 2013!), and end up getting so annoyed by the fakery of it. The Moe's episode started out well until they got to the heavily scripted perfect employee part. It seems like there's always a special snowflake who gets noticed by the owner Disney Princess or Frog Prince style, and the few times I've watched, it's all too obvious. This time the special snowflake just happened to have her family come to Moe's to include sister, BF, and kids (I like to imagine grandma bitterly cursing NBC for not allowing her to come along too and have her moment in the spotlight). Special snowflake decides to invite her "new employee" to sit down with them and quickly prompts her son about an idea she's pitching with her sister following up (badly) by saying what great idea it was. I don't even remember what they were talking about. Was it chocolate chips? I don't know. I couldn't take it anymore.

lu1wml

lu1wml

Fanatic

Posted May 18, 2013 @ 11:17 AM

Clearly, the Hooters CEO has learned nothing at all from the backlash that his episode generated. I mean, he gets bought out, so what does he do? He establishes a brand-new restaurant chain called "Twin Peaks" (I actually rolled my eyes when I saw that name, because it was so glaringly obvious what the restaurant theme was going to be) which is nothing more than a repackaged Hooters, with different versions of the barely-there uniforms that the wait staff has to wear (and notice, not a man in the bunch!).

I couldn't believe it!  Twin Peaks?

I did like the Moe's guy, and he was into paying it back before this show came along.  And I love to eat at Moe's, and frequently pick it up for a Friday night treat.

ScrubMonkey

ScrubMonkey

Fanatic

Posted May 18, 2013 @ 6:13 PM

Watching Moe's it really made me hungry for their food, so this show works (sometimes) as advertisement. I also thought they did a fairly good job with his wig and all. The tattoos were a little goofy.

Thing is there is no Moe's around here. 

I wished they would've fired Tito. I think the show has gotten better (to me, it's better) about firing the particularly bad employees. I'm sorry, I knew better than to behave that way at work at 15, which is when I had my first real job; there is no excuse. And there are way too many people in 'breadlines' these days, to pamper somebody who doesn't appreciate what they have. In no way would I want anyone with that level of mouth running, representing my brand if I had a brand (heh) let alone in charge. He reminded me of the bad boss at Sonic or wherever it was - both had been in charge only a few weeks and their insecurity made them bully their staff.

I don't think guys like that really change; eventually they revert, because they only shape up when called on it.

legaleagle44

legaleagle44

Stalker

Posted May 18, 2013 @ 7:19 PM

Thing is there is no Moe's around here

Yet there's one in Russia, of all places.  What a shame that we couldn't have seen Paul go undercover there; watching him try to deal with Russian-speaking employees would have been a hoot.

And yes, I also would have known better than to be an ass to his team members the way Tito was, especially in front of customers.  That's a really good way to turn customers off for good, and I think even Tito expected to be fired once he realized that Paul was going to call him out on that for real.

Edited by legaleagle44, May 18, 2013 @ 7:19 PM.

jersey guy 87

jersey guy 87

Couch Potato

Posted May 20, 2013 @ 8:02 AM

The Modell's one made me a bit sad.  These people doesn't seem to know how to budget money.  I was just surprised that she bought a 4 bedroom house.  She was going to furnish and decorate it.  And on top of it, she has a baby.  The whole check is gone!

They should've used birth control.  If you had 3 children with you at the homeless shelter, that's sad.  And on top of it, she looked a bit polished.  Hair was done, nice clothes, even the children looked presentable.  Were her nails painted as well?

I agree the Modell's employee went overboard with the house, and the decision to have another kid was questionable.  However, I would strongly suspect that the hair, clothes, etc. were courtesey of Undercover Boss making her look good for the show.

StephInMN

StephInMN

Couch Potato

Posted May 26, 2013 @ 2:29 PM

I'm sure she didn't make a coherent decision to "have" another child.

But her husband/boyfriend had to have felt somewhat humiliated that other people took care of what he couldn't--providing for his family. I wouldn't have shown my face. And I don't know where she lives, but maybe housing is reasonably inexpensive there?  AND-at least she now has a job that will likely make her able to afford the taxes, insurance, etc on the house, so she won't end up in the homeless shelter again. And hopefully the boyfriend/husband also works. With two incomes and a paid-off house, they should be able to afford three kids.

ShaNaeNae

ShaNaeNae

Fanatic

Posted May 30, 2013 @ 6:31 PM

Not that it makes it any better, but I think Coby Brooks took over "Twin Peaks".  They've been alive and well here in Texas for several years (well before he even did his episode of 'Undercover Boss').  However, "Tilted Kilt" (different owners, different UB) didn't do so well here in Texas.  When I lived in Abilene, TX about 17 years ago, they opened a restaurant called "Knockers".  Right in the freaking middle of the bible belt.  Whoa geez people had a cow over that one.  I remember a friend and I doing a crank call one time there to ask if we had to be at least a ''D" cup to work there!

Anyway, I just finally saw that Hooters episode a few months ago.  I was appalled at Jimbo and that Coby didn't stop shit, right then and there like Checkers CEO.

On the Epic Bosses special, also appalled to see Subway guy still celebrating Jessie's smart ass.  Now she thinks she's big shit and has gotten an even shittier attitude being head of all sandwich artists.

springtime

springtime

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 28, 2013 @ 8:16 PM

Retro Gym was on again tonight.

In the follow ups at the end it stated that
Jacqueline is working in a residence for the elderly

I didn't remember seeing that when I saw the earlier airing.

Those poor residents- I hope she is being closely supervised (if the information is true and correct)

ScrubMonkey

ScrubMonkey

Fanatic

Posted Jun 29, 2013 @ 3:10 AM

Yes the info is correct, the new job in the elder care facility was talked about in the (separate) update show.

LLC

LLC

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 12, 2013 @ 8:08 PM

Here's my vote for PostNet CEO Greenbaum to keep the rocker look. Just sayin.