S7 - Emilio Sosa: Washered Up

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

63 replies to this topic

TudorQueen

TudorQueen

Stalker

Posted Jan 4, 2013 @ 3:11 PM

So relieved Emilio wasn't auf'd - partly because I love him, partly because I thought Anthony Ryan's dress was the least successful. But I have no problem with no one going home, because they really all did very well, and pleased their clients.

He does seem a little more relaxed this season - though relaxation, with Emilio, is a relative thing. Loved when Joanna commented on his 'celebrity' clientele and costume design success, and he said gently that he has a lot of non-celebrity clients and designs for 'real women' all the time.

anonymiss

anonymiss

Fanatic

• Interests:TV: Breaking Bad ...

Posted Jan 4, 2013 @ 3:38 PM

Emilio is the most overrated designer in PR history. He designs basic boring clothes I could find at any mall for a basic price. He also has the biggest ego in the room at all times.

ByaNose

ByaNose

Fanatic

Posted Jan 18, 2013 @ 2:08 AM

I thought Emilo had the most use of color in his designs in the final runway. I thought they were just okay and would have been okay if he won but I didn't think he was going to. They didn't look expensive enough to me.

TudorQueen

TudorQueen

Stalker

Posted Feb 9, 2013 @ 2:35 PM

I enjoyed his final collection - liked it better than Anthony Ryan's, not as much as Uli's - but my first thought when he cited 'Aunt Jemima and Rosie the Riveter' and called the collection 'Urban Plantation' was, "That man is not afaid of anything!"