My Kitchen Rules

• Please log in to reply

209 replies to this topic

TVJunkie

TVJunkie

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 21, 2014 @ 11:18 PM

Surely none of you think David is that stupid? His comments are purely to pull everyone else to his way of thinking, in the hope they'll trash everyone else and think he's a great guy and give him excellent marks. It's a pure manipulation. What's hilarious is that he doesn't think about what he's actually saying before he says it, and you can see the point at which he realises it was ridiculous, but he can't take it back so keeps going. He honestly thinks the other teams love him and his face falls a little every time the judges announce the combined teams score and he realises they didn't vote as low as he did. 

retrograde85

retrograde85

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 22, 2014 @ 1:36 AM

But that's exactly what makes him "that stupid" -- he is trying so hard to be manipulative, and failing spectacularly, because, as you say, he just comes out with bizarre and terrible insults, and everyone at the table sees through him (especially those who already know he's a sucky cook).

tna1974

tna1974

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 23, 2014 @ 3:10 PM

Gratuitous shot of Harry in the shower?  I see you MKR...and I approve.

That said, it's a good thing the boys from Melbourne are as cute, charming and adorkable as they are because I don't know if I would have been as generous with the scores as the judges (and some of the teams).  I found their menu to be a bit too simple and borderline boring (particularly the entrée and dessert).  Even if the dessert was amazing I probably would have scored it no higher than a 6. I would have scored the main a 5 (taking off points for lateness and portion size).   I agreed with their scoring of the entrée.  I really like these guys and I'm very happy that they've officially made it to Kitchen HQ.   At the same time, I need them to pull it together a bit more and really step it up.

I have to admit I'm a bit torn when it comes to David.  I'm enjoying him in all his ridiculous glory but I also want him to fall flat on his face with his Instant Restaurant.  The previews look promising; I still haven't decided whether I want David & Corinne to make it to Kitchen HQ or miss out. 

Edited by tna1974, Feb 23, 2014 @ 3:11 PM.

TVJunkie

TVJunkie

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 23, 2014 @ 5:41 PM

I have a funny feeling David falls flat on his face tonight. I can't really include Corinne in this assessment as I feel he treats her as a lackey, so all responsibility falls on him. I hope when I watch tonight I'm wrong and she's stronger than he gives her credit for. (I missed them cooking last time so I'm not sure how the dynamic works in their kitchen yet).

The only reason I think they fall flat is from watching a Sunrise interview with another team from that round, one of the interviewers mentioned him and they said they didn't really have a chance to get to know them that well. They seemed to know the other teams quite well, when chatting about who they were friends with, and who they weren't, so it seems like they could be gone. Or they might be first eliminated at Kitchen HQ. But from the way they were talking they almost didn't remember them. 

TallulahBelle

TallulahBelle

Fanatic

Posted Feb 23, 2014 @ 5:53 PM

I usually fast forward through the recap of the episode we just watched, (seriously, how short do they think our attention spans are) that they do before they announce the scores and my housemate screeched at me to STOP and GO BACK because they re-showed the shot of Shower Harry.  He only started watching the show towards the end of the second group because of those two boys - we both just adore the very obvious affection and love between two best friends, they're just really refreshing and fun.  Proof that reality tv doesn't have to be nasty and snide, it can be goofy, fun and awkwardly incompetent but in the BEST possible and adorable way.

watchingone

watchingone

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 24, 2014 @ 2:42 AM

Timing - this week Woman's Day are doing a piece on Corinne & David.

http://womansday.nin...n-stole-my-wife

What is going on? The husband looks pretty easy on the eyes and David is, well, David. . . 

retrograde85

retrograde85

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 24, 2014 @ 11:02 PM

If you had put up two totally disastrous dinners, I can't imagine why you would want to stay in the competition. 

nozycat

nozycat

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 27, 2014 @ 7:17 PM

Was that the lowest score ever?  Wow @ David saying that was his first lesson in humility.  He seems completely lacking in self-awareness and full of his own importance.

TallulahBelle

TallulahBelle

Fanatic

Posted Mar 8, 2014 @ 6:54 AM

Help!  I'm really starting to enjoy Chloe and Kelly's snark!  Further, Uel and Chanel are the most adorable and sweet couple, I really find myself hoping they succeed even though they don't appear to be the strongest from a competitive point of view. 

JonTheAussiBoy2

JonTheAussiBoy2

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 8, 2014 @ 7:25 AM

They really have relaxed a lot since their first round. But they're still obsessed with beating the twins, which I find very annoying. Basically everyone left has been enjoyable, except maybe Cathy and Anna, who're a bit pretentious, and Josh and Danielle, who I'm pretty sure no longer exist. Kudos to the casting people on this show. Hopefully they also do TARAus

retrograde85

retrograde85

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 8, 2014 @ 1:56 PM

I'm really starting to enjoy Chloe and Kelly's snark! 

I came here to say the same thing! I don't know if they have changed (though maybe the editing has), but I think their comments just come across as less... cruel when they're not making them at a dinner party in the target's own home. 

I wish the show had explained the animosity between them and the twins better, though. I'm still puzzled as to why they both hate each other so much. 

I too like Uel and Shanelle. I imagine in real life their constant "darlings" and declarations of love would be eyeroll-inducing, but they are sweet, and Uel's dad jokes make me laugh. 

gypsy landslide

gypsy landslide

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 9, 2014 @ 2:07 AM

http://www.popsugar....b-Rick-34263195

This interview with Deb suggests we're getting a good edit of Chloe and Kelly!

TallulahBelle

TallulahBelle

Fanatic

Posted Mar 11, 2014 @ 7:02 AM

Well Gordon Ramsey would have sent that Beef Wellington back and screamed at the person who cooked it and called them a donkey.  It seemed SUPER under for me and I like my beef medium rare, but not in a beef wellie . . . I like Annie and Jason, they're sweethearts but MAN, i would have missed Carly and Tresne, they come across as genuinely adorable people - and Carly jumping around to help Jason separate egg whites was just so lovely.  I like all these people, there's no one I dislike, which makes the show SO much fun to watch.

Njeri

Njeri

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 14, 2014 @ 12:56 PM

This interview with Deb suggests we're getting a good edit of Chloe and Kelly!

I find that very easy to believe. The shorter, pudgier one has just about the nastiest face I've ever seen. How could she be anything but a world-class bitch?

katisha66

katisha66

Stalker

Posted Mar 14, 2014 @ 4:50 PM

I have been watching sporadically this season and I agree re Kelly - she DOES look like a complete cow.  Mind you, the stuff that she says doesn't do a thing to change that impression.

gypsy landslide

gypsy landslide

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 17, 2014 @ 9:18 AM

When Josh & Danielle said something like, "I don't think many people would have had a deep fried apple pie" all I could think was, "ummmmm..... McDonalds??" Heh.

I have to close my eyes during the opening titles now because the Kelly-taking-a-selfie bit makes me irrationally angry.

TallulahBelle

TallulahBelle

Fanatic

Posted Mar 23, 2014 @ 8:30 PM

I would never have picked that Carly and Tresne were PARTNERS partners but they're married!  Whilst I understand that they didn't want to be The Lesbian Couple On MKR and then be 'responsible' for representing marriage equality in Australia etc, I think at this time in Australian politics and the battle against the current Lib Gov that it would also have been great to show it.  One more awesome example of how there's no difference between a gay couple and a straight couple and that flour circles in the kitchen can help us all!  As well, then maybe news.com would have them as married on their home page, rather than 'married'. 

The thing that surprised me the most about this article though?  CARLY IS 32?!!!

retrograde85

retrograde85

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 23, 2014 @ 11:09 PM

Knowing how MKR likes to frame its contestants in narrow boxes, I can understand why they didn't want to be defined by their sexuality. This way they kind of get the best of both worlds -- they still get to be open and proud, but they avoid the show editing them as "the lesbian chicks." Hopefully they have even challenged some biases, with viewers getting to know them as lovely people first, before seeing them through any prejudice. 

nozycat

nozycat

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 24, 2014 @ 1:28 AM

I'm glad TPTB respected their wish for them not to make that public and that they could do it in their own way.

Manu looks to me increasingly like he has a dead animal on his head.  I don't like that hair cut.

tna1974

tna1974

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 25, 2014 @ 6:04 PM

Manu looks to me increasingly like he has a dead animal on his head.  I don't like that hair cut.

Same here-I hate it. 

Uel and Shannelle. :(  Sorry to see them leave but they've had trouble balancing flavors from the very beginning.  That said, they shouldn't have been in the sudden death cook-off to begin with in my opinion.  Bree & Jessica are the main reason their team had to cook-off; they served the worst dish on their menu and were disasters as head chef and maître d'.  They're very fortunate that Uel & Shannelle's cook-off dessert was a bigger flop than their uncooked molten chocolate cake.  I would have put them straight into the sudden death cook-off based on their performance in the food truck challenge.  They need to get their mojo back quickly.

It seemed that Josh & Danielle were given more points on technique than execution.  Uel & Shannelle cooked the beef ribs in their main perfectly (they were just too sweet) while Josh & Danielle's had dry pork for the main. Both entrees weren't perfect (undercooked eggs, overcooked prawns and too sweet) and both had perfect desserts.  I suppose it's debatable what's more important but I guess for Pete & Manu good flavor trumps proper cooking.

Carly & Tresne are a cute couple-love those two!

Edited by tna1974, Mar 25, 2014 @ 7:03 PM.

retrograde85

retrograde85

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 25, 2014 @ 8:39 PM

"Don't worry, I've got lucky coins in my bra." Gold. 

I also thought that Bree and Jessica should have been in that final cook-off. They seemed pretty much neck-and-neck with Uel and Shanelle when they cooked off, and they were the ones who totally cocked up the restaurant challenge. I'm not sure Uel and Shanelle could ever win this competition, but all things being equal, I think they should have outlasted several other teams still left. 

TallulahBelle

TallulahBelle

Fanatic

Posted Mar 27, 2014 @ 10:09 PM

So . . . see everyone at previously.tv then?

katisha66

katisha66

Stalker

Posted Mar 27, 2014 @ 10:42 PM

I guess so.  I can't quite take in the news about this site :(

retrograde85

retrograde85

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 27, 2014 @ 11:25 PM

The forums are going to be open for another month. Given many of the Australian reality shows are nearing their end, we might be able to hold out.

gypsy landslide

gypsy landslide

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 28, 2014 @ 2:33 AM

What?? Why?? This is terrible news.

Sydneyside

Sydneyside

Fanatic

Posted Mar 30, 2014 @ 1:22 AM

Yeah, it hurts about the recaps and big fora, but it's going to be awful to lose TWoP because of the little Aussie contingent too. I've been posting less in recent years, but for intelligently snarky Australian reality talk this has been the spot. I can't even conceive of using an "official" forum. :-(

I'd best go register at previously.tv I guess...

retrograde85

retrograde85

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 31, 2014 @ 9:31 PM

Boo! SA mums continue to scrape by, despite consistently screwing up. 

LostInOz

LostInOz

Just Tuned In

Posted Apr 1, 2014 @ 7:04 AM

I swear I feel this show is rigged.

Hoping that blair and paul end up winning this thing as they seem the most consistently good cooks.   

retrograde85

retrograde85

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 3, 2014 @ 1:45 AM

Uggh, Anna is the worst. I know she's an adult, but you should still speak to your mum nicely! She talks down to Cathy like she's scolding a toddler. 

TVJunkie

TVJunkie

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 3, 2014 @ 4:35 PM

Can't believe the Mums and the twins scraped through this week. Although if you go on the instant restaurant scores, it's the final 6 that could have been guessed. 

I think the final 5 will be interesting as I don't really see one team standing out that much over the others - maybe Paul & Blair, but anything can happen in the grand final.

I hope you guys don't mind, but I asked the admin at Previously.tv to set up a MKR forum, which they now have.