6-1/6-2: "LA X Parts 1 and 2" 2010.02.02 (recap)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

762 replies to this topic

TWoP Mars

TWoP Mars

Stalker

Posted Jan 25, 2010 @ 7:23 PM

From ABCMediaNet.com:

With only 18 original hours left until the final episode airs, the island's violent shifts through time were ended by Locke when he traveled off-island in an attempt to persuade the Oceanic 6 to return. Back on the island, the survivors' stay in late ‘70s Dharmaville was over when their covers were blown and they were accused of aiding "The Others," and Sayid was gravely wounded during their flight. In addition, Ben killed Jacob at Locke's request. But since Locke's body was found to still be inside the coffin, exactly who – or what – is John Locke? And if Juliet was successful in detonating the hydrogen bomb, was she able to reset time, allowing Oceanic Air 815 to land safely in Los Angeles, or was the island destroyed along with all of its inhabitants?

On the season premiere episode, "LA X" Parts 1 & 2, the aftermath from Juliet's detonation of the hydrogen bomb is revealed.

Edited by TWoP Mars, Jan 26, 2010 @ 10:46 AM.

AimingforYoko

AimingforYoko

Stalker

Posted Feb 2, 2010 @ 11:01 PM

Damn it, Abrams! Must all of your projects end in alternate universes? Don't they know Fringe is already kicking my ass? Just to keep things straight, I'm going to consider everything on the island Universe Prime and the Oceanic 815 stuff the alt universe. Looks like the elder Shepherd is the link between the two.
So Esau's Smokey, huh? I wonder how they'll explain how he does that. Terry O'Quinn knocked it out of the park, as usual.

Snark Shark

Snark Shark

Fanatic

Posted Feb 2, 2010 @ 11:02 PM

Um....

Huh?

(per usual)

DO we believe for a second, as the outgoing tease suggests, that the "questions are over"? Come on.

Makes me think of this: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=j1PAB6Sgdp8

Edited by Snark Shark, Feb 2, 2010 @ 11:04 PM.

newfoundma

newfoundma

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 2, 2010 @ 11:02 PM

So they brought Juliet back from her awesome, bad ass death scene last year, to give her a weak, slow death the next episode? Weak.

Edited by newfoundma, Feb 2, 2010 @ 11:03 PM.

samsnee

samsnee

Stalker

Posted Feb 2, 2010 @ 11:03 PM

I remember now why I stopped watching after Season 3. The stuff on the island is great. The flashbacks, flashforwards, and I guess now flash-parallels are boring. And when Kate is the main focus of them, even moreso.

jjeich

jjeich

Loyal Viewer

So is Sayid Jacob reincarnated? Is that why he told Hurley to take him to the temple?

mustbekarma

mustbekarma

Fanatic

I still don't know what the hell is going on, but I'm in for the ride. Poor Juliet. Poor Sawyer. I bet if Juliet hadn't defected over to V, she would have been put in the magic swimming pool, too. I was so relieved when Sayid finally came back to life. I also loved how everyone crossed paths in the Alternate Timeline.

I'll probably never figure this damn show out, but I'm having fun trying.

So is Sayid Jacob reincarnated? Is that why he told Hurley to take him to the temple?

I was wondering if that was going to happen, but Sayid's "what happened?" comment disabused me of that notion. I think Jacob would know exactly what happened.

Edited by mustbekarma, Feb 2, 2010 @ 11:05 PM.

notthatsmart

notthatsmart

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 2, 2010 @ 11:04 PM

That was...

Confounding. Two time lines diverging from the triggering of Jughead. Did anyone else catch when Juliet said "let's have coffee sometime?" (paraphrasing here). I think she was talking to James in the other time line.

I think that is Jacob now in Sayid's body.

Excellent episode.

TorontoFan

TorontoFan

Couch Potato

Confused doesn't begin to describe how I am feeling. If Sayid can live again, why not Juliet?

Did Richard chain up the Man in Black / AKA Smokey? Was that what not-Locke was inferring? So many questions...so many dead bodies.

Was that the long-lost kids from the tail-section??? One piece of the puzzle solved.

dizzyd

dizzyd

Couch Potato

Aweome!!!! I think Jacob resurrected himself in Sayid. Dude!!! At least they're all back in 2007, at least in the island time line, I guess the LAX timeline is still in 2004.

Edited by dizzyd, Feb 2, 2010 @ 11:08 PM.

PapaJoesBucket

PapaJoesBucket

Video Archivist

Not as bad as a traveling carnival, but it's close.

1 hour of story over two long hours.

They are officially out of ideas and are making it up as they go along, and they don't care.

I hope it gets better.

aquarian1

aquarian1

Stalker

• Interests:Improv, Mojo-Kickball, Kickboxing, Cooking, Baking

Posted Feb 2, 2010 @ 11:05 PM

So MIB/fLocke just wants to go home. I wonder how long he's been (trapped?) on the island and why.

MsLark

MsLark

Fanatic

Yay! Lost is back. Pretty intense. Loved Terry O'Quinn especially. Totally looking forward to the rest of the season, even if it is the last. Gotta say though, the Kate Hate is still alive. Stupid bint couldn't wait five minutes for Sawyer to bury Juliet and mourn before she's all over him like a cheap suit. She and Jack totally deserve each other.

Tocks

Tocks

Video Archivist

Oh hi, show. Welcome back.

Yeah I was so pissed off they dragged Juliet's death on for an hour. That was brutal.

Not sure I dig the two ... "realities"? BUT I loved the LAX Jack/John stuff. They were so sweet. Oh and Sawyer and Kate in the elevator. I was hoping those two would run off together.

Kate on the island didn't bug me either, surprisingly.

snoozy

snoozy

Video Archivist

Incoherent thoughts;

What was the red mark on Jack's neck in the airplane?

Welcome back Dharma shark!!

Oh, so we don't have to say either/or, we get BOTH timelines and get to see what would have happened if the plane had never crashed. That's very cool.

The use of dark and light when Not!John and Ben were in the cave/under the statue talking was very very cool. Not!John's face was in the dark while concealing information and he leaned forward into the light as he revealed things. Ben, in the light, as he is enlightened as to the true nature of Not!John!!

Juliet!! Sayid!! Welcome back Sayid - I couldn't believe they'd both die in the same week.

2MuchTV

2MuchTV

Fanatic

Getting to watch Juliet die again? Awesome. The highest point in two rocking hours full of high points.

ReadIshmael

ReadIshmael

Stalker

Awesome. I wasn't entirely sure I was with them on some of the Temple stuff until the last half hour or so, but I loved every second of the rest of it. The alternate timeline stuff is brilliant, exactly what I was hoping for, and oddly touching; watching everyone meet for the first time again was getting me all choked up, especially Jack and Locke and Locke and Boone.

The new Evil Locke is so, so great, and genuinely terrifying. And he's the monster!! Holy shit!

They're really wearing the Dark Tower influence on their sleeves this season, though between the parallel timelines and the villain who just wants to escape his prison. I love it, but it's a little jarring.

LunaIndigo

LunaIndigo

Couch Potato

Wow sensory over load! I LOVED seeing Charlie again. AND Claire! But, I still want to know what happened to her on-island.

Poor Juliet, but they re-played that clip of her hitting the bomb 4 times in 5 minutes. Jeez.

Why wasn't Shannon on the plane? I heard Boone's reasoning but she's going to be on the show this season right? Did Maggie not agree to come back?

Snark Shark

Snark Shark

Fanatic

Posted Feb 2, 2010 @ 11:06 PM

Confused doesn't begin to describe how I am feeling. If Sayid can live again, why not Juliet?

Only people with contracts (or who don't have other shows) get to live! Wheeeeee!

Babbler

Babbler

Channel Surfer

• Interests:geography, history, science

Juliet wasn't touched by a Jacob, remember?

I liked it, even though it was kind of slow.

flagger

flagger

Couch Potato

The Dharma Shark!

Doc Arzt!

Frodo!

Wow, just wow!

Who was in chains in the Black Rock? Was that Ricardus?

Was that the PuppetMaster from Heroes as the cab driver with Claire and Kate?

Edited by flagger, Feb 2, 2010 @ 11:06 PM.

franziga

franziga

Just Tuned In

OK.... some questions and theories:

- I think Miles was lying when he said the important thing Juliet was trying to say was that "it worked". I think she was saying she was pregnant, because Juliet was holding her stomach in the season finale and Miles said that what Juliet said didn't matter now.
- Is Jacob now in possession of Sayid's body? Isn't it impossible to come back to life one you have died unless someone takes over your body (just like Esau took over Locke's dead body)?
- What chains was Alpert bound in? Part of the slave ship? Was he a prisoner on the boat or of Jacob? Also, Alpert look dead to me, not unconscious. It looked like Esau broke his neck.

ETA:

- What the hell was the island doing at the bottom of the ocean?
- Interesting how Charlie said he "was supposed to die".
- Cindy said Jack & co. were on "the first plane". What is the second plane? The alternate timeline?
- In the Jack & Locke scene in the airport, Jack is the man of faith and Locke is the man of science.
- What was Desmond doing on the plane? was it part of AU Jack's imagination?

Edited by franziga, Feb 2, 2010 @ 11:15 PM.

newfoundma

newfoundma

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 2, 2010 @ 11:07 PM

I bet if Juliet hadn't defected over to V, she would have been put in the magic swimming pool, too.

Ugh, I am bored with V enough as is. Ideas like that will only make me actively hate it.

So, I'm pretty much not interested in the hippie group of Others. I've only watched this show on DVD, I guess this is what it must have been like when all those Dharma people were introduced.

Not Sure

Not Sure

Couch Potato

Frederic "Lehne"?

The alternate 815 line isn't just what would have happened had the plane not crashed. It goes somewhat deeper than that. Shannon was on the original plane but not the alternate one, and vice versa for Desmond.

crazymama

crazymama

Channel Surfer

So is Sayid Jacob reincarnated?

Wonder if it was 3 hours since Jacob's "death" occurred.....?

At least I think one question was answered (smokey), only about 8 million more to go!

I was very intrigued by the episode, even if my reaction is pretty much WTF?!!

WAY too many commercials.......

rinno33

rinno33

Loyal Viewer

that makes so much sense! cool! That's why I come to this board..

braggtastic

braggtastic

Stalker

Posted Feb 2, 2010 @ 11:08 PM

I didn't like that Sliding Doors movie with Gwyneth Paltrow a few years back, and I hope Darlton does a better job with this dual storyline.

cycat

cycat

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 2, 2010 @ 11:08 PM

"Ankh if you love Jacob!" Thank you, people of Twitter.

I love this freakin' show, and two-hour episodes all season long would not be excessive.

Terry O'Quinn goes from heart-warming to bone-chilling in nanoseconds!

At first I thought it was going to be an "It's A Wonderful Life" alternate timeline thingie, but it's looking like...not? Ish?

Great start to the season!!!

ChiJeff

ChiJeff

Loyal Viewer

• Interests:Movie buff, reader, beer drinking Chicago Bear fan, tennis player. LOST groupie. A Survivor wannabe who realizes I'm not tough enough. I require coffee and cigarettes. Amazing Race wannabe who isn't all that thrilled with airports or flying. Too gay to be straight and too straight to be gay. I'm a Geminii so I'm allowed to be a mass of contradictions.

Posted Feb 2, 2010 @ 11:09 PM

Wow. Two realities to follow.
Cindy and the kids! Arnztd or whatever the science teachers name is! Frobert or whatever Sawyer nicknamed the whiney guy done in by the flaming arrow. I love that the show remembers all of the minor characters and little details that have been part of this show.

So the LAX reset is a slightly different version of pre series reality? Hugo is lucky and Shannon didn't leave Australia.

Not Sure

Not Sure

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 2, 2010 @ 11:09 PM

I thought EM moved to V only after she was told that Juliet was dead/written out.

Best exchanged (paraphrased):
"You're the monster!"
"No need to start calling names"