Basketball Wives

• Please log in to reply

3582 replies to this topic

bobnoxious

bobnoxious

Couch Potato

Posted May 5, 2012 @ 11:25 AM

About fifteen years ago, on the first ever "Real World" reunion, Tami tried to pull that same "It was the editing" bull and Heather B. shut her down with advice that is as good as now as it was then, "Tami, they only work with what you give them."

Oh thank you for reminding me of my favorite (and first) reality TV smackdown! And this was after Tami had the never to call Heather a "ghetto queen."

Ahhh, I remember this like it was yesterday. Allow me to set the scene...

It was the first Real World all cast (well, for 1996) reunion. Both NY and LA casts were on stage and it was LA's turn to answer audience questions. A lady asked Tami (and I'm paraphrasing here) "It takes an open minded and caring person to work at a clinic for gays and lesbians...why is it that you had such a reaction to finding out your new roommate was a lesbian (regarding Beth A, who is sitting right next to Tami). Tami fabricates an answer about being afraid that Beth A had aids. I knew she was lying because there was a scene that I recall from her season with Tami whining about feeling uncomfortable about having to sleep in the next bed or havng to give Beth A a hug.

This is where it starts to get good. A man in the audience starts to say he does not believe Tami. He begins to elaborate and Tami starts yelling that she is not perfect, blah blah blah. The man states that he thinks Tami is acting and she says she isn't. Beky from NY intervenes and says that many viewers expect the cast to be politically correct and reminds the audience that not everyone is.

Tami then begins her bs about the editors making cast mates look bad. Heather interupts and starts yelling how they use what we gave them and if you act like a bitch then that is what they use. When she finishes, the audience applauds. Not only was this great because Tami was so full of shit, it was the first time anyone had stood up to her. I so wish that scene was on YouTube.

Back on topic, I don't have cable, but I did just visit a family member who does. I got to watch a few episodes and I have to agree with many people on here about the maturity level of the cast. It's a little sad to see women in their 30's and 40's acting like middle school hood rats.

blubld43

blubld43

Fanatic

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 7:01 AM

I think Shaunie should be ashamed of her damn self; this trashy shit is making ALL women look bad!

It's a little sad to see women in their 30's and 40's acting like middle school hood rats.

Damn straight.

appledumpling

appledumpling

Video Archivist

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 7:58 PM

Watch out Tami is drinking again. A drunk heart speaks a sober mind.

ceelovejay

ceelovejay

Couch Potato

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 8:06 PM

This show is pathetic. The preview has disgusted me. How are you going to take the woman's purse & not give it back then get mad cause she reported it stolen.

EndoKE

EndoKE

Fanatic

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 8:07 PM

Tami is nothing but garbage. She acts like a fool and thinks she is cute. Not cute. Nothing cute about a 41 year old hoodrat.

Edited by EndoKE, May 7, 2012 @ 8:08 PM.

Riley Grey

Riley Grey

Channel Surfer

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 8:09 PM

Kesha is too good-hearted to be on this show. She needs to chalk this season up to a waste of time and move on to bigger and better things.... and away from the psychotic behavior displayed at times.

beansNcornbread

beansNcornbread

Couch Potato

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 8:10 PM

Rats running wild in Tahiti. *smh*

appledumpling

appledumpling

Video Archivist

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 8:12 PM

I wish Keisha would have followed thru with it, Tami needs to spend some time in a Tahitian jail.

Half Baked

Half Baked

Couch Potato

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 8:19 PM

Suzie is a trouble making so and so for running back and reporting shit to Tami, and Tami is just pathetic. Kesha is not allowed to vent after you called her "Bitch, bitch, and MORE bitch" and cursed her out at dinner? That's all Kesha was doing, and to beat it all I think she even admitted to it during the Kenya confrontation at lunch when the kitten heals were mentioned. Kenya said didn't you talk about Tami when she left the dinner? And Kesha said something like "Of course I did she just yelled at me and cursed me out", and Tami just sat there with Evelyn with a pissy look on her face but didn't say shit. So what exactly is the big deal now all of a sudden?

I wouldn't fight with Tami either considering Kesha is only about 100 pounds and short. Tami is a big ass woman.

Edited by Half Baked, May 7, 2012 @ 8:22 PM.

travelguru

travelguru

Couch Potato

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 8:25 PM

How awful that they disgraced such a beautiful destination. As a side note I think it's hysterical that they stayed at one of the cheapest and least fancy resorts in all of Tahiti. Nothing but the worst for our skanks. Guess Shaunie ain't got the pull or the cash to spring for Bora Bora like the other reality shows. LOL

I love how tami and that skanky Evelyn basically treated Keisha end Suzy like puppets there to entertain them. They're too "special" to get in the water yet they're annoyed because someone is afraid of sharks? Someone shoulda called tami out and asked her "what's the matter tami, can't swim??" Cuz I'd put money on no, she can't. And Evelyn can't afford to get her hair wet and redone.

I hope Keisha leaves and just goes home and dumps this sorry ass of a show. She's a better person than any of them could ever hope to be, especially Shaunie. Everyone knows Evelyn and tami are trash so it's not hard to be better than them. And I hope jens lawsuit shuts the whole production down completely. VH1 has really sunk to new lows allowing this to go on.

EndoKE

EndoKE

Fanatic

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 8:27 PM

Here is what I see as a future for Tami. She will do the wrong thing to the wrong person. That person will call the police who will go to arrest Tami. She will act a fool and wind up being charged with resisting arrest, or worse really act a fool and get herself shot by the police, then Tami will proclaim herself a victim once more.

Riley Grey

Riley Grey

Channel Surfer

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 8:27 PM

Half Baked, I think Suzie is behind all this too.

Half Baked

Half Baked

Couch Potato

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 8:35 PM

WTF with Suzie's constant insults about Tahitian people going to eat them at the tourist resort! Really you ignorant fool? smdh

About Royce, she's a spoiled child. Did you hear who she called when she ran off from lunch fake crying? Her mommy. lol
I know she needs to mature and pick better men, but I can't hate her or even dislike her. She seems like a nice girl over all who needs to learn more from her mistakes. I do like her dad to some extent because he's worried about his grandchild and he's been a real man in her life and a good father but, I can also see that he probably is hard on Royce and makes her earn his love. I think they'll work it out in the end.
Everybody plays a fool as the song goes. We all have "What the hell was I thinking" stories when it comes to dating.

Edited by Half Baked, May 7, 2012 @ 8:38 PM.

swankie

swankie

Stalker

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 8:41 PM

I wish the producers that have power over Shaunie would put a wife on the show that isn't afraid to step to Tami and Evelyn and put them back in the holes they crawled out of. So both of those cowardly assed bitches are too afraid to get into the water with the stingrays and sharks, but they're going to be annoyed with Kesha because she gets a little scared? Hell to the Naw!!!! Please, please somebody body slam Tami and break her friggin back. I have a question. Was this filmed before or after her mild heart attack? If it was after this trip it couldn't have been too long after, but if it was before, and she's still going off on somebody the way she did to Kesha where she was almost frothing at the mouth, there's just no hope for that bitch. It's just another testament to the fact that anger management does! not! work! on people like Tami who is just a bully with no redemption possible. The only thing that works for people like her is thorazine and a straight-jacket. And Suzi's cowardly ass sat there with that guilty look on her face because you know she's the one who told Tami what Kesha said. I doubt if it was Royce because she likes Kesha, but I guess it could have been Kenya before she got on the bad side of the circle, but my vote goes to Suzi because she's famous for diarrhea of the mouth and being a backstabber. I hope Tami's anger management therapist saw this show and resigned because her sessions with Tami were just one big giant FAIL! Oh, and Evelyn and Ocho in bed? Vomit!

Edited by swankie, May 7, 2012 @ 8:57 PM.

essinad

essinad

Couch Potato

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 8:49 PM

I loved Tami in her therapy session claiming she had calmed down, then cut to the end of the episode and she's going off on Keisha again.

Royce. I hope she is a very tall 5-year-old, 'cause... damn, what a crybaby.

80sBaby

80sBaby

Couch Potato

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 9:40 PM

Royce is ridiculous. Her behavior was so childish. Her father was disgusted with her. The stomping off, crying, little girl baby whining voice, then called her Mommy. She should be very embarrassed with her behavior. I don't like Royce, never did. I wonder how the convo went with her Dad after the Twitter stuff with Dezmon and his babymomma. It's like she goes on a couple dates then the guy is "Her man/The one". If she returns next year they'll probably be another one. I don't believe he is the first one that her son has seen her kiss, neither did her father. I saw a picture Royce posted on Twitter of her son and Dezmon laying in the bed together. They were sleeping and it was a cute pic but I could see how Dwight Howard could see that and go off. The situation with them is already horrible, Why post that? She needs to grow up.

Another scene of Evelyn and Chad and their "playful/loving" banter. Whatever.....

I think it was Suzie that told Tami also. She didn't want to risk being on Tami's badside again for not telling and she's a scary flunkie.

Susie is such an airhead, all that cannibal talk. Girl STFU! Then when they were talking about putting the fish in Kenya's room was sad. They are pathetic excuses for adult women.

Tami was wrong, Dead Wrong for that blowup. The thing I didn't like on Kesha's end was her smart mouth TH. Why?? You're above it, didn't deserve it, it was foolish OK. Don't act tough in the interview when you look like you're about to pee yourself when approached. Stay meek an mild, like you do in person. IJS

missy jo

missy jo

Fanatic

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 10:14 PM

Royce's father is the only one with an ounce of common sense on this freakshow.

I know all the "ladies" like to wear those full-length maxi-dresses, but the gray dress Evelyn was wearing while she was walking on Lincoln Road with Tami right before they went to Tahiti was about the worst I've ever seen her look. It had a weird boob-wrap top, that left 'em hanging low, and then a full skirt with a cheap elastic waist. Not flattering.

And those door-knocker earrings everyone wears are about to stretch their earlobes right down to their shoulders.

Edited by missy jo, May 7, 2012 @ 10:42 PM.

yian

yian

Couch Potato

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 10:20 PM

Tami and Evelyn are beyond redemption. And are straight up bullies. They enjoy seeing Keisha squirm. It amuses them, because they think she is weak. The picking on her in the car about her coughing, and them laughing about it. Putting peer pressure on her to swim with the sharks, all the while they are in the boat afraid to get in. Then going off on her at the bar.

I agree that Keisha is too timid, but there are some people who are just not fighters. We are so used to people fighting on this reality shows, Keisha's approach seems so weird, whereas her reaction is the normal adult reaction. Who fights in public at 41. The stealing her purse and making her cry. I am so over Tami, Evelyn and Shaunie.

I noticed Tami's little comment about Keisha not respecting her place in the circle, who cares about their stupid circle. Just a few seasons ago, she was the outsider with the bad synthetic weave. Then Evelyn's comment about Jennifer owing her life to her. That is the real reason why she is angry. How dare Jennifer come out from under her shadow and make a name for herself. All her comments this season about Jenifer feeling herself too much, all stems from jealousy. And Tami is just bitter, because she knows this is it for her.

swankie

swankie

Stalker

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 10:22 PM

Royce's father is the only one with an ounce of common sense on this freakshow.

Royce's dad has her number. He looks like he's used to her theatrics and it didn't faze him one bit. Are her parents divorced? It seems like she's trying to play them off each other. She should really be watching this with utter embarrassment. Her temper tantrum would make a 5 year old shake their damned head.

Brooklynista

Brooklynista

Fanatic

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 10:32 PM

I'm really curious how this Chad/Evelyn show is going to work. Even in the little snippets we see they don't even look like they like each other, forget about loving each other. The banter is so awkward and unreal like two people on a third date. 5 months til this non-wedding and there's no dress, no tuxedos, no honeymoon destination. Are they saving the bs parade for their non-show? I'm thinking she's unaware that she's the non mutha fuckin factor.

There's no way this wedding is going to happen. Even Evilyn knows it aint gonna happen. She's just living out her storyline on the show. She knows this is her last shot at a baller and even this washed up baller knows he aint gonna marry her old ass, tired ass, run thru skank ass. Who does she think she is? Kim Z?

heebiejeebie

heebiejeebie

Stalker

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 10:45 PM

Sadly after watching just a little bit of Tami this last episode, I strongly believe that the show will never get anyone on for long to stand up to her. Not just because Tamy is loud and offensively bullying but because I think she is Shaunie's surrogate bully on the show. I think that is why Tamy was brought on. Shaunie practically ran to led the pack two seasons back to try and bully Gloria as Gloria went to her car to escape their ridiculousness. Shaunie is a big lumbering bitch and Tamy now is the one to get the hands dirty on air so Shaunie can pretend she is genteel and elegant and sophisticated and mature.

But I would so love for someone to just let Tamy scream and jump around and try and tell that person to think and act and have that person calmly just utter a single bland bored "No" when Tamy draws breath and then just turn away. Sure Tamy will go berserk but Tamy can barely hold her shit together when it takes the scared to death women more than two breaths to appease Tamy's bizarre entitlement.

And Tamy needs to start spending her paycheck on taking witty friends out for drinks. Because as the self-designated deliverer of catch phrase snark she is woefully under qualified. Her talking heads are so sad when she obviously thinks she has just delivered the snap of the day and its nothing but two hairy man fingers meeting air.

Dream Boy

Dream Boy

Couch Potato

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 11:15 PM

The thing that kills me is that what Kesha said wasn't nearly as bad as what Tami tried to portray. She simply said that she could have gone off but didn't. Tami's acting as if Kesha was breaking bad with the girls about her. This whole episode left a sour taste in my mouth. Nothing worse than a 40 year old, hollering and hooting hoodrat. And I love how Tami kept acting as if she were trying to be nice when all she did was pick with Kesha from the start of the trip. Run, Kesha. You deserve better than this crapfest.

And Suzy is nothing but a trained monkey.

swankie

swankie

Stalker

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 11:32 PM

And Suzy is nothing but a trained monkey.

Or a trained seal. If Tami or Evelyn had told her to open her mouth while she was in that water so they could toss fish at her she would have tried to catch each and every one. She performs for them every chance she gets. She's pathetic and embarrassing to watch.

tracyKAY

tracyKAY

Couch Potato

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 4:35 AM

It's funny how when David snatched that blanket (with her wrapped in it) off the bed in Real World she cried assault and rape-and thinks that's justified. But Tami takes Keysha's bag and refuses to give it back and screams bloody murder when Keysha reports her to security. Ain't it funny how life works like that. Gotta love Karma!!

blubld43

blubld43

Fanatic

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 6:12 AM

the gray dress Evelyn was wearing while she was walking on Lincoln Road with Tami right before they went to Tahiti was about the worst I've ever seen her look. It had a weird boob-wrap top, that left 'em hanging low, and then a full skirt with a cheap elastic waist. Not flattering.

I thought the same thing; that elastic waist looked like it came from Walmart.
What a bunch of poison, low self esteem women this is. I guess Jennifer must have a contract to go to Tahiti, Kenya too, because I cannot imagine any other reason why they would have agreed to go.
Susi told Tami about that shit with Kesha, you know she did. Susie loves it when something is said behind someone else's back, that way she gets to play run tell dat.
Shaunie's new weave; I kept wondering who that was in the back of the van. And when Tami or Evelyn jump in the water with the sharks, then they can "get annoyed" when someone else won't get in, wtf.
Tami's coughing lesson to Kesha, I wish Kesha had gotten out of the van right then and there and said, you know what? I'm NOT putting myself through this.
I think Tami is WAY beyond anger management. She's just a snake, her and Evelyn both.

Half Baked

Half Baked

Couch Potato

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 6:56 AM

Swankie Royce's parents are still together and have been married for 40 years. Royce definitely has her momma's ear though vs her dad. He's tougher to BS I'm sure.

SheenieB

SheenieB

Couch Potato

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 7:26 AM

Then when they were talking about putting the fish in Kenya's room was sad. They are pathetic excuses for adult women.

Too true. I shouldn't be surprised at their junior high antics, but that really floored me. Really? You're seriously discussing putting a fish in someone's bag? I like how Tami said that she hoped Kesha would take it as a joke although she (Kesha) looks as if she's ready to snap. Now we all know that if Kesha had the idea to put a fish in Tami's room, or in her suitcase and said oh, it's just a joke, Tami would've slaughtered her.

Royce needs to cut out the theatrics. Arguments with your father should not be used as an audition for chitlin circuit plays. I get her anger about being called needy, but sit down and explain in your adult voice to your father why you're upset about what he said. I also can't with Dezmon. He looks like a straight up player. Royce definitely missed her father's point last week about her not being able to casually date.

EndoKE

EndoKE

Fanatic

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 8:07 AM

Tami and Evelyn are beyond redemption. And are straight up bullies. They enjoy seeing Keisha squirm. It amuses them, because they think she is weak. The picking on her in the car about her coughing, and them laughing about it. Putting peer pressure on her to swim with the sharks, all the while they are in the boat afraid to get in. Then going off on her at the bar.

The only thing that can change Tami is jail time. In jail they'd take off her nasty weave and she'd have to deal with REAL angry women. Let's see how tough Tami would be then. Those women would eat her for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The problem is that Tami thinks that as long as the cameras are rolling, nothing will happen to her, but that could change. If Shaunie starts to sense that the audience doesn't like Tami, she'll sell her down the river. Tami needs to remember what happened to Tanisha on the Bad Girls Club. That show didn't even bat an eye when Tanisha wrongly spent a weekend in jail even though they had what really happened on video, they didn't show it to the police. I can see something like that happening to Tami.

swankie

swankie

Stalker

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 9:46 AM

The thing that burns my ass about Tami is how she acts like she’s everybody’s boss. Everybody has to play by her rules and speak when she says speak and cough the way she says to cough and swim with the sharks when she says swim with the sharks and basically fetch when she says fetch. She and Evelyn can talk about people behind their backs all day long, but nobody else better say a word about either of them. She’s power tripping. She’s creaming her pants at the prospect of Kenya and Jen joining them later. Then she and Evelyn will have 3 little peons to bully and basically do their bidding, 4 if you count Suzie. I believe Tami’s anger management is court ordered so she won’t actually put her hands on anyone, but I bet she’s looking forward to seeing Evelyn bust some heads. Conflict and chaos are her favorite orders of the day. She just seems beside herself with glee at the prospect of someone being humiliated and trampled on. That is the sign of a very sick mind. It’s no wonder she and Evelyn get along so well, they’re almost the same person mentally. They are both narcissistic bullies with no human decency whatsoever.

beansNcornbread

beansNcornbread

Couch Potato

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 9:53 AM

The thing that burns my ass about Tami is how she acts like she’s everybody’s boss. Everybody has to play by her rules and speak when she says speak and cough the way she says to cough and swim with the sharks when she says swim with the sharks and basically fetch when she says fetch. She and Evelyn can talk about people behind their backs all day long, but nobody else better say a word about either of them. She’s power tripping. She’s creaming her pants at the prospect of Kenya and Jen joining them later. Then she and Evelyn will have 3 little peons to bully and basically do their bidding, 4 if you count Suzie. I believe Tami’s anger management is court ordered so she won’t actually put her hands on anyone, but I bet she’s looking forward to seeing Evelyn bust some heads. Conflict and chaos are her favorite orders of the day. She just seems beside herself with glee at the prospect of someone being humiliated and trampled on. That is the sign of a very sick mind. It’s no wonder she and Evelyn get along so well, they’re almost the same person mentally. They are both narcissistic bullies with no human decency whatsoever.

My eyes practically rolled out of my head when Tami had the GALL to tell Kesha to show her respect!

??????

Didn't Kesha ask her for the same several episodes back and Tami said "I'll show you respect when I WANT TO show you respect!"

Tami might need medication. She is seriously delusional.