Basketball Wives

• Please log in to reply

3582 replies to this topic

Nina09

Nina09

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 13, 2010 @ 3:05 PM

This show was going to be produce by Shaq O'neal and his wive was goin to appear on it butnow Shaunie O'neal is going to be the producer and she is not going to be a cast member but she will make appearance.

VH1 has ordered eight episodes of a new reality show called Basketball Wives that will reveal what it’s like to be married to, dating, or done with an NBA player. Participants include Jennifer Williams (wife of Eric Williams), Evelyn Lozada (ex-fiancé of Antoine Walker), Mesha O’Neal (wife of Jermaine O’Neal), Royce Reed (mother of Dwight Howard’s son), Faith Rain (Udonis Haslem’s girlfriend) and Shaunie O’Neal (wife of Shaquille O’Neal), who will also serve as an executive producer. Production on the series, which premieres in March 2010, begins this month. “The wives of star athletes form one of the most unique and exclusive groups of women in the world,” VH1 original programming exec Jeff Olde says in the release. “You only have to look as far as the nearest headlines to see what sort of pressure they are up against to keep their relationships and their families together. These women truly have a strength formed by fire. We are thrilled that they are allowing us into their lives to see things through their lens and understand why their friendships and bonds make them a force to be reckoned with.”

http://popwatch.ew.c...ball-wives-vh1/

Royce Reed may not appear since Dwight Howard got a judge order to keep her quiet and out of the show.

So I think this show would have been great for Bravo and not VH1 , because lets be honest Bravo brings on the drama. It would have been a great addition to the real housewives franchise , there is so many towns that she can film a show and sports drama brings the ratings. Imagine Real Housewives of NBA and then MLB , Nascar,Nfl ,NHL.....

But I will still watch all the baby mama , groupie , divorce , cheating ass drama.

Shaunie talks with Wendy about the show.

Edited by Nina09, Jan 13, 2010 @ 3:02 PM.

Candy Moocher

Candy Moocher

Fanatic

Posted Jan 13, 2010 @ 3:38 PM

Of course I will watch. It will suck me in just like every other reality show.

marlothomas

marlothomas

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 25, 2010 @ 9:11 AM

Shaunie talks with Wendy about the show.

How good can your girlfriends really be if they won't tell you when your elbows are ashy? LOL!!

Nina09

Nina09

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 7, 2010 @ 9:06 PM

OMG , the countdown begins. It looks so great.

This is the video clip from the show . From what I have heard some of the "wives " are Ho's.

Royce was humilated by all of the blogs because she acted like a slut on a superbowl pool party. Dancing really trashy for some basketball tickets. I think this is going to be on the show.

The sisters on the show are known to be groupies and if you look hard enough on certain blogs and forums , you will all of the true about most of the cast menbers.

Edited by Nina09, Apr 7, 2010 @ 9:20 PM.

andme

andme

Fanatic

Posted Apr 7, 2010 @ 9:14 PM

I'll be watching! When does it start?

Nina09

Nina09

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 7, 2010 @ 9:20 PM

Is going to air this sunday.

andme

andme

Fanatic

Posted Apr 7, 2010 @ 9:27 PM

Thanks! Oh this is going to be full of snark!

Malibu65

Malibu65

Stalker

Posted Apr 7, 2010 @ 9:38 PM

I can't wait.

this is going to be full of snark!

Get your fingers ready. LOL

andme

andme

Fanatic

Posted Apr 7, 2010 @ 9:48 PM

Malibu65 and Nina09 - we all seem to watch the same snarky shows! Let's hope Basketball Wives doesn't let us down! The cast sounds fabulous!

Malibu65

Malibu65

Stalker

Posted Apr 7, 2010 @ 9:59 PM

we all seem to watch the same snarky shows! Let's hope Basketball Wives doesn't let us down! The cast sounds fabulous!

LOL...true. We sure get around, don't we? I hope the show is as good as it sounds. If it is, we might be typing a lot of, "Oh no she didn't!"

Nina09

Nina09

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 7, 2010 @ 10:06 PM

This is going to be good and after all of the dirt I have read it better be good.

Nina09

Nina09

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 11, 2010 @ 11:56 AM

Today is the day , I hope they post this on their website like the fantasia and T.O show.

AK23

AK23

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 11, 2010 @ 1:25 PM

I'm counting down til it comes on tonight. After watching the preview clip, I'm sure I will not be let down... drama, catfights, necks rolling, booty poppin, here we go!

sereion

sereion

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2010 @ 5:34 PM

After watching the previews---Oh, I'm so IN!

Malibu65

Malibu65

Stalker

Posted Apr 11, 2010 @ 5:48 PM

OMG , the countdown begins

"Allegedly her sister..." Oh no she didn't!!! LOL

The title of this show should be: Basketball wife, ex-wife, girlfriends and ex-girlfriend.

Edited by Malibu65, Apr 11, 2010 @ 5:49 PM.

shopper gal

shopper gal

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2010 @ 5:50 PM

I really had no desire to see this show until I watched the preview. Shaq's wife seemed to put together on Wendy Williams that I thought this show had to be a snoozer..boy was I wrong.

IIR Shauni doesn't appear in every episode right?

I've already got the DVR set...I'll be back here to read all the snark tomorrow.

Nina09

Nina09

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 11, 2010 @ 6:36 PM

No Shauni is the producer , I think she is using this women and I don't think they realise it.

andme

andme

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2010 @ 6:59 PM

Sounds like this show should be mandatory viewing for all NBA draft picks. If only Dwayne Wade's wife was on the show!

shopper gal

shopper gal

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2010 @ 7:11 PM

No Shauni is the producer , I think she is using this women and I don't think they realise it.

That makes sense b/c that promo was all kinds of trashtastic and Shauni did not seem that way when on Wendy. Can't wait.

Karmen

Karmen

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 11, 2010 @ 7:44 PM

I think it's a mutually beneficial arrangement. Aside from Jennifer, none of these women have jobs. Evelyn is a co-owner of Dolce shoes, but I doubt it's pulling in Antoine Walker grocery money. This show will give them steady income and the celebrity will give them access to more rich men with money....or other opportunities.

Goodness, gracious going through these women's roster. Basketball players are the oogliest athletes; of course the finest one, Dwight Howard, wants nothing to do with Royce.

Just from the previews Evelyn is going to be my favorite.

It's pretty clear Suzie and Evelyn have been friends for a long time. When Evelyn threw the water in that girl's face, Suzie got into position. Like they've been through some things together.

Speaking of water throwing, who was the girl Evelyn threw water on? She looks extremely familiar.

Goodness, I'm so excited for this show.

I wonder why Erikka isn't in the trailer.

ETA: Homophones are bitch and I got to learn the names.

Edited by Karmen, Apr 11, 2010 @ 7:54 PM.

Nina09

Nina09

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 11, 2010 @ 9:07 PM

Actually Antonio Walker is broke , maybe thats part of the reason she decided to leave him after 10 years of being his girlfriend and baby mama.

Inlalaland

Inlalaland

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 11, 2010 @ 9:47 PM

I was kinda let down by this. Nobody was really in a good relationship except Gloria. Evelyn, Jennifer, and even Shaunie need to get the stick out theirs asses. The only reason anyone cares about you other than family is beacuse of your ex man. They just came off a bit bitter. And why are their so many of them on the show? I still don't know who is who. Hope this gets better and Evelyn stops making the bitchface all the time.

deelitefuldd

deelitefuldd

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 11, 2010 @ 9:47 PM

Are we supposed to like any of these women? Cause with the exception of Shaunie, I didn't find much that was likable about any of them. Most of them are the ex-fiancee or ex-girlfriend of a player (poor Royce could only get the title of 'dancer'; I guess the story about Dwight Howard not allowing her to say his name is true), so not sure why this is called "Basketball Wives". They all think they're pretty fab, but not sure I'm sold on that. Royce is probably going to be the most interesting one to watch; she at least has a personality.

I'm assuming that Gloria is Gilbert Arenas' fiancee's sister. She and Shaunie didn't do much to put those rumors of Laura and Shaq messing around to rest, did they? After Gil came out and tried to pooh-pooh the rumors, I kinda thought they might not be true. Now, I'm not so sure.

Curious to see what everyone else has to say about the show. I'll definitely be watching every week.

Stardancer2001

Stardancer2001

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2010 @ 10:10 PM

I'm so in.

Royce is so pretty! I will like her much more if she tones down the ho tendencies she displays.

Nina09

Nina09

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 11, 2010 @ 10:22 PM

Actually Glorias husband is rumoured to love the groupies and have a couple of side chicks.

Karmen

Karmen

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 11, 2010 @ 10:40 PM

This was kind of a slow start but that's probably because most of the good parts were in the trailer.

Nobody was really in a good relationship except Gloria.

I think that's the point. And I'm kind of suspect about Gloria's relationship. Whenever I hear someone go on and on about how wonderful and perfect their relationship is, I immediately hear the death knell of said relationship.

I'm assuming that Gloria is Gilbert Arenas' fiancee's sister. She and Shaunie didn't do much to put those rumors of Laura and Shaq messing around to rest, did they? After Gil came out and tried to pooh-pooh the rumors, I kinda thought they might not be true. Now, I'm not so sure.

After this, I'm 100% positive it was true. In fact, considering some of the things I've read about Shaunie, it was probably her that released those emails. I truly believe, at the taping of this show and beyond, Shaunie could give a damn and doesn't have any problem with Gloria. She's just trying get her money and run.

If this turns into the "Let's bash Royce power-half-hour", I'm OOOOOUUUUTTTT. Royce is who she is and if she wants to change she'll change. If not, you broads only have to be with her for the taping of the show. I don't want to hear about it for the rest of the season.

That said, You were doing all that for some Clippers tickets?! Really, Royce?!

Again, what is Erikka's purpose?

nique

nique

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2010 @ 11:07 PM

Shaunie does not look like she has 5 kids.

As for the rest. Why isn't this called the Basketball Wife. Since only one is married.

America

America

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 12, 2010 @ 12:22 AM

How do you allow yourself to waste 10 years of your life as a girlfriend/fiance but never become the wife; I hope she got something more out of it besides a kid and child support, like palimony, a house, car, etc. I don't like the boo hooing about it, you made your bed. What were your thinking after 2 years, 4 years, 6 years, 8 years?

Knots Landing

Knots Landing

Fanatic

Posted Apr 12, 2010 @ 4:02 AM

I remember reading this was pitched as a new Real Housewives series, but I guess Bravo turned it down. Probably didn't like the more integrated cast. Despite ATL's ratings two shows with black housewives may be too much. Looking at that preview I bet they are kicking themselves. These hoes are gonna out do New Jersey.

I also think this would've benefited from the hilarious Real Housewives editing and overall production team. Shaunie was terrible in the voiceover. Has no screen presence and was mean mugging the camera.

nocturnelle

nocturnelle

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 12, 2010 @ 5:46 AM

Shaunie does not look like she has 5 kids.

Really? See, I thought back to their Cribs ep and was like, whoa, girl has definitely aged a great deal recently. She looks soooo different to me. On the cribs ep, she was teeny tiny (albeit in comparison to shaq) and now she looks pretty beat IMO. But maybe it was all the bitch faces and mean-mugging that made her look so nast.

O'Neal appeared...in the 2002 Discovery Channel special Motorcycle Mania 2 requesting an exceptionally large bike to fit his large size from famed custom motorcycle builder Jesse G. James

From wikipedia. Birds of a feather!!