Rule 32: The Little Things You've Enjoyed.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

123 replies to this topic

ethanvahlere

ethanvahlere

Stalker

• Interests:Movies, books, music, apple juice (which I drink the way the Gilmores drink coffee), Veronica Mars, The Wire, Big Love, Pushing Daisies.

Posted Feb 6, 2013 @ 11:01 AM

I have to admit, I don't really notice the costume design in films, but one very clever touch in Stalag 17 is William Holden, Peter Graves and Don Taylor's characters all wear the same type of airman's jacket, with the fur-lined collar. Not only that, but they're all around the same height, weight and build. It's typical of Billy Wilder that he doesn't call too much attention to this fact, but at the end, when the Germans think they have one of them and they turn out to be mistaken, those little details make it all the more believable.

MethodActor05

MethodActor05

Stalker

Posted Feb 11, 2013 @ 3:06 AM

I just re-watched Warm Bodies...

I loved the bit where they showed Julie looking at the snow globe as she (believes) that R is about to kill her, likely because that's the last image that Julie wants in her head. And of course, R takes the snow globe with him, because he's a hoarder and because he saw Julie staring at it.

I also thought it was a great touch that the IPod they show Nora playing has a cracked screen, like it's very old and well-worn. Fantastic little touch.

Edited by MethodActor05, Feb 11, 2013 @ 3:07 AM.

carly hope

carly hope

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 18, 2013 @ 8:56 AM

In Remember Me, the main character Tyler has a tattoo of his dead brother's name over his heart. At the end of the movie after Tyler dies we see a shot of his best friend Adam and he has Tyler's name tattooed on his arm. It was a very lovely, subtle and heartbreaking touch.

Spartan Girl

Spartan Girl

Fanatic

Posted May 23, 2013 @ 8:11 AM

The scene in The Great Gatsby when Gatsby fixing up Nick's house with tons of flowers and cakes for Daisy.  Leo really nailed that scene, giving us a glimpse of the real Gatsby-- the nervous lovesick guy behind the man about town charade.  The flowers are also a cruel irony, given the fact that

Spoiler