Good Luck Charlie

• Please log in to reply

253 replies to this topic

TheHappyEmo

TheHappyEmo

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 3, 2012 @ 11:50 PM

Wow, the Mom on this show is really hot, if she went brunette she'd definitely have a shot at displacing Vanessa Bayer as my new waifu.

Wait, officer...these cuffs are hurting me! Ow!

TheTexasKid

TheTexasKid

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 19, 2012 @ 3:00 PM

If the Duncans have another baby, I see the show sticking to the pattern it has. Boy, girl, boy, girl. Thus, the new baby should be a boy. Of course, the Duncans might have twins or one of each. That might be interesting.

McKay

McKay

Stalker

Posted Feb 19, 2012 @ 3:40 PM

I'm also thinking this one will be a boy, allowing Gabe to step into the "Teddy" role of advice-giving older sibling.

caci66

caci66

Couch Potato

Posted May 6, 2012 @ 9:15 PM

I just read that the actress that plays the mom is expecting her second child in September. She may have told the producers that she wanted to have another child and that could have played some role in writing another baby into the show.

Halfpint Ingals

Halfpint Ingals

Fanatic

Posted May 6, 2012 @ 9:15 PM

It was good to have the show back. It was obvious they would not move. The second part reminded me of a Cheers episode where Carla was dating Eddie LeBec and thought she was jinxing him.

I think the new baby will be a boy. I saw the Christmas episode last night for the first time, and thought some parts were silly and over the top.

Abootface

Abootface

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 6, 2012 @ 10:11 PM

I just watched the season premiere off my DVR - it actually got a decent number of giggles from me. Despite myself, I really love this silly little show. The whole cast plays well off each other and they all deliver punchlines at a happy medium between the Disney school of overacting and normal sitcommy-ness. I'm mostly hoping that the whole season won't focus on the pregnancy, since I enjoyed the second, fluffier episode more than I did the first one which focused on all the ways a new baby changes a family. This show is at its best when it doesn't try to be serious.

shego219

shego219

Video Archivist

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 2:41 PM

It was good to have the show back. It was obvious they would not move.

I was 90% convinced they would move (despite sharing Bob's anxiety about how they were paying for two houses at once) before I remembered the scene from the new commercials where Bob and PJ have made the new baby a room under the basement stairs and I realized that hadn't happened yet. That was also about the time Amy when back into the house and started reminiscing, so it became pretty obvious at that point the Duncans weren't going anywhere. Still, good job, Show, for fooling me until the end. Also, was it just me or did Bob have a moustache in some of the flashbacks like the one PJ wore while pretending to be Gabe's dad in the first season? That cracked me up so much.

The only part of either episode that didn't work for me was the second episode subplot of PJ at the barber shop. Not sure why, I just didn't find it that humorous. Everything else was quite amusing though, better than anything I usually watch on Sunday nights. :)

Chrissytd

Chrissytd

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 25, 2012 @ 12:48 AM

Has the delivery episode aired?

BradyB66

BradyB66

Fanatic

Posted Jun 25, 2012 @ 7:05 AM

Last night.

Picky Eater

Picky Eater

Fanatic

Posted Jun 25, 2012 @ 10:10 AM

My 8-year-old loves this show and, of course, set the DVR to record last night's episode. We made her go to bed around 8:40 and -- Lord, help me -- I actually watched the rest of it without her, just to see whether the baby was a boy or girl and what they named it. I won't give anything away to anyone that hasn't seen it, although I think the show basically gave it away in the middle where they ran a promo for next week's episode where it was pretty clear (at least to me) what the sex of the baby was.

Because my daughter loves anything and everything Disney Channel, we have the pleasure (?) of seeing each episode of each of the shows multiple times. My husband and I agree that Good Luck Charlie is -- by far -- the best. (The worst? My husband thinks it's Pair of Kings (although I think that's technically on Disney XD). Personally, I don't get Fish Hooks.)

Edited by Picky Eater, Jun 25, 2012 @ 10:12 AM.

ladyrott

ladyrott

Stalker

Posted Jun 25, 2012 @ 11:47 AM

I thought it was cute and I liked the name they gave the baby. I could see the "Charlie likes her new baby present best" coming a mile away, but I still awwwed. :)

Slade347

Slade347

Fanatic

Posted Jun 25, 2012 @ 1:42 PM

Same here, ladyrott, couldn't help it. I had a similar feeling while watching Charlie's reaction Gabe and PJ put on her birthday party.

I enjoyed the episode a lot. Some very funny moments (especially laughed at the family's reaction to the car driving through the wall and the great bit with the family trying to squeeze into the old car) and the sentimental moments were nicely done, especially liked the montage of the family pictures.

I liked the new baby's name (and Gabe's reaction) too.

Oh, and as someone born on the 21st of a month, and who spent most of their childhood celebrating their birthday in shared parties with my sister, who was born on the 30th, I couldn't help but laugh at them being so hellbent to make sure Charlie didn't have to celebrate her birthday on the same day as the baby.

Edited by Slade347, Jun 25, 2012 @ 1:42 PM.

dhb

dhb

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 26, 2012 @ 3:29 PM

The delivery episode was a big hit for Disney. Slightly less than 7.5 million viewers and the number one show on cable for the week.

I liked how Charlie conned both her brothers into dressing as princesses.

ladyrott

ladyrott

Stalker

Posted Jun 27, 2012 @ 12:31 PM

I liked how Charlie conned both her brothers into dressing as princesses.

Oh so very cute! I like how Charlie is developing into a real little person instead of just the "cute baby". PJ and Gabe prancing around doing skits in their princess dresses was priceless. :)

The Deej

The Deej

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 27, 2012 @ 6:11 PM

Would anyone be so kind, via spoiler bars of course, to post the name of the baby? It will be a bit before the episode gets up to Canada.

elle

elle

Fanatic

Posted Jun 27, 2012 @ 6:28 PM

Was there an inside joke about P.J.'s suggestions for baby names: Erica and Noah? His reply that they just came to him made me wonder if they were his own siblings or someone in production.

aliconehead

aliconehead

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 27, 2012 @ 7:57 PM

The baby name is Toby, its not considered a spoiler since the episode aired in the US. The joke about the names is that there was a pick the name contest and they had already had the names picked out. The six that the kids picked were the ones that were voted on.

BradyB66

BradyB66

Fanatic

Posted Jun 28, 2012 @ 6:54 AM

Or, officially, Toby Wan Kenobi Duncan.

ladyrott

ladyrott

Stalker

Posted Jun 28, 2012 @ 11:53 AM

Didn't PJ date an Erica at some point? The home school girl, maybe?

The Deej

The Deej

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 28, 2012 @ 2:00 PM

Toby Wan Kenobi Duncan

As a geek, I approve. I see they went with alternating boy, girl. It does cause me to wonder if Disney is progressive enough to do the Bob gets a vasectomy episode.

va32h

va32h

Fanatic

Posted Jun 28, 2012 @ 10:13 PM

I seriously love this show. It's not even a kids' show, IMO, it's a family show, like Full House but so, so much funnier and better written and not gloppy and treacly and ridiculous.

I have laughed out loud numerous times - my favorite character is the dad, actually. Amy is completely outrageous of course, but I find myself liking her too because I would totally be that horrible if I could get away with it.

Bitterswete

Bitterswete

Stalker

Posted Jun 29, 2012 @ 12:12 AM

I seriously love this show. It's not even a kids' show, IMO, it's a family show,

Totally agree. And I think it's a nice change from the tweencoms. Not that I don't obviously enjoy tweencoms. (Grew up watching them and just never stopped.) Still, it's nice to have something a little different mixed in.

The delivery episode was a big hit for Disney. Slightly less than 7.5 million viewers and the number one show on cable for the week.

That's pretty amazing. I love it when shows I like do well. I still wonder how they're going to work the baby into the show, but they did a great job building up to his arrival.

Personally, I don't get Fish Hooks.

This show feels like it's trying way too hard to be quirky and over the top.

Edited by Bitterswete, Jun 29, 2012 @ 12:13 AM.

KerleyQ

KerleyQ

Stalker

Posted Jun 29, 2012 @ 12:15 AM

I seriously love this show. It's not even a kids' show, IMO, it's a family show, like Full House but so, so much funnier and better written and not gloppy and treacly and ridiculous.

And Charlie is about a million times better than Michelle (I seriously could not stand that kid.)

kcblue86

kcblue86

Fanatic

Posted Jun 30, 2012 @ 6:40 PM

Or, officially, Toby Wan Kenobi Duncan.

And PJ Darth Duncan. Makes me wonder what Gabe's middle name is. Skywalker?

elle

elle

Fanatic

Posted Jun 30, 2012 @ 7:49 PM

And PJ Darth Duncan. Makes me wonder what Gabe's middle name is. Skywalker?

PJ short for (Patrick) "Potty John" Darth Duncan or Paddy, if his dad's handwriting was clearer.

According to the "GLC" wiki, it's Gabriel "Gabe" Yoda Duncan. Really, Gabe should have the Darth middle name.

It seems they were less creative with the girls: Teddy R. Duncan and, of course, Charlotte "Charlie" Duncan.

beenblessed

beenblessed

Just Tuned In

Posted Jul 13, 2012 @ 3:54 PM

I had to stop in to say how much I love this show. It's one that I can watch with or without my kids. Gabe is my favorite character and I think the actor is outstanding in this role. I enjoy the relationship/feud that he has with his neighbor. I was hesitant at first because I thought they were going to use the cute baby as the main focus of the show, cough, cough, Full House, But this show is so much more than that. I love Amy also.

cathychameleon

cathychameleon

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 13, 2012 @ 6:35 PM

It seems they were less creative with the girls: Teddy R. Duncan and, of course, Charlotte "Charlie" Duncan.

Maybe the "R" stands for Roosevelt :)

aliconehead

aliconehead

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 14, 2012 @ 2:01 PM

Maybe the "R" stands for Roosevelt :)

That was my thought

ladyrott

ladyrott

Stalker

Posted Oct 8, 2012 @ 12:54 PM

Halloween episode kind of sucked this year. Gabe and Mrs. Dabney at the dinner was kind of cute, but the rest was just blah. :(

Kaoteek

Kaoteek

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 9, 2012 @ 1:21 AM

Thing is, take out the parents' costume storyline, and both Gabe's and Teddy's storylines could have taken place in winter, on Independance Day, at Christmas, or any other day of the year, and it wouldn't have mattered to the plot. So yeah, not a great Halloween episode, far from it (I enjoyed the Ant Farm & Jessie ones much more)