Good Luck Charlie

• Please log in to reply

253 replies to this topic

Magog

Magog

Fanatic

Posted Jan 2, 2010 @ 2:33 PM

Good Luck Charlie is about Teddy (played by Bridgit Mendler), & her 2 brothers PJ & Gabe (played by Jason Dolley & Bradley Steven Perry) taking care of their baby sister, Charlie while their parents are working. Teddy documents their daily adventures & mishaps with a video camera for Charlie when she gets older.

Good Luck Charlie Promo

The show will air its first episode in the Spring (around April) on Disney Channel. Other than seeing Jason Dolley (he really sucks), I'll definitely like this show.

I didn't know that Teddy & Charlie are girls names. It kind of makes no sense.

Edited by Magog, Jan 2, 2010 @ 2:34 PM.

KerleyQ

KerleyQ

Stalker

Posted Jan 2, 2010 @ 2:43 PM

I didn't know that Teddy & Charlie are girls names. It kind of makes no sense.

Not that out of the question, really. There was a show back in the 90's called Sisters on NBC. It was about 4 sisters, and all of the girls had traditionally male nicknames from their feminine given names. Charlie can be short for Charlotte, and Teddy, in Sisters, was short for Theodora. (And, to be fair, if my name was Theodora, I'd go by Teddy, too.)

speakeasy87

speakeasy87

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 4, 2010 @ 6:12 PM

I'll most likely be watching this show, if only because I thought Brigit Mendler did great on WOWP. Also, apparently this is the first "normal" show to be on Disney since, I'm going to say, Even Stevens / Lizzie McGuire. So that's a plus.

KerleyQ

KerleyQ

Stalker

Posted Jan 5, 2010 @ 12:34 AM

I'll most likely be watching this show, if only because I thought Brigit Mendler did great on WOWP. Also, apparently this is the first "normal" show to be on Disney since, I'm going to say, Even Stevens / Lizzie McGuire. So that's a plus.

I'm sure we'll be watching too. My 7 year old has a little crush on Brigit, and I agree, she was very good on Wizards. (Although I found her kind of bland in her one shot on Jonas, but the Wizards run more than made up for that one episode.) It also looks, from the promos, like she'll be making an appearance on some upcoming WOWP eps, during the Wizards vs. Werewolves storyline. I wonder if they'll wrap up the Justin/Juliet thing or if she'll continue to recur on WOWP while starring in this show.

BaggythePanther

BaggythePanther

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 5, 2010 @ 8:42 PM

I'll be watching too. The only thing that bothers me is that this is another show with a laugh track. What happened after Even Stevens/Lizzie McGuire that made them change formats?

speakeasy87

speakeasy87

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 5, 2010 @ 10:43 PM

The only thing that bothers me is that this is another show with a laugh track.

I agree, I was looking forward to a non laugh track based show. There's J.O.N.A.S, but the last Disney show to not have laugh track was Phil of the Future. (Although, that show deals with an "abnormal" concept.) It doesn't usually bother me so much as it's unnecessary. All that canned laughter makes me second guess my guilty pleasure watching, Disney.

Edited by speakeasy87, Jan 5, 2010 @ 10:46 PM.

Talov

Talov

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 5, 2010 @ 11:10 PM

Sometimes there is a laugh track, but for the most part, there really IS a live audience, at least there was for both That's So Raven and Hannah Montana.

Magog

Magog

Fanatic

Posted Mar 9, 2010 @ 5:59 PM

Episode 1 is called Study Date & it will air on April 4th.

Here are some pictures & the plot summary of that episode.

Just jared Jr. (3-8-2010 - Good Luck Charlie (#1 Study Date)

Edited by Magog, Mar 9, 2010 @ 6:03 PM.

Wilted

Wilted

Just Tuned In

Posted Mar 11, 2010 @ 2:44 AM

I haven't watched Disney in quite awhile but after flipping through and seeing the commercial for "Good Luck Charlie" during Phineas and Ferb (which oddly enough has become my guilty pleasure) I thought it looked pretty good. The concept is enough to get me to watch the first few episodes at the very least but unfortunately it might be the stupid "flying baby" and unreal sound effects that turns me off after that. Hopefully it isn't too over-done but I have high hopes.

chowie

chowie

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 15, 2010 @ 2:50 PM

I probably won't be watching this, but I do think it'll be one of the "better" shows on Disney if they market this right. Kind of reminds me of Life With Derek.

Also, I never realized that this was a "normal" show (as speakeasy87 pointed out), which is probably why I think this is going to do well. Change of pace and all that. Plus, this has potential to tackle more mature stuff (compared to the other Disney shows).

Slade347

Slade347

Fanatic

Posted Mar 24, 2010 @ 12:29 AM

The first episode is available as as free download on iTunes.

Spadada

Spadada

Fanatic

Posted Mar 24, 2010 @ 2:02 AM

It's adorable. And you guys are right, it is a "normal" Disney show about regular kids in a regular family. With an abnormally ADORABLE baby :)

ladyrott

ladyrott

Stalker

Posted Mar 31, 2010 @ 11:59 AM

I watched the first episode out of sheer boredom last weekend and thought it was cute. I liked the interactions between the siblings, especially the scene where Charlie throws up on Teddie, to the younger brother's delight.

KerleyQ

KerleyQ

Stalker

Posted Mar 31, 2010 @ 2:39 PM

It's adorable. And you guys are right, it is a "normal" Disney show about regular kids in a regular family. With an abnormally ADORABLE baby :)

My son's watched the episode twice since we downloaded it last week, and I think I spent most of the first time through just going "what a cute little baby!!" She is so, so very adorable.

The show's not bad, too. I like the family interaction so far, and BM is a pretty charming actress, probably even more so in this, so far, than on Wizards.

Writer13

Writer13

Fanatic

Posted Apr 5, 2010 @ 4:41 AM

It's a cute show. And yay for a normal family on Disney Channel!

Why I'm still watching Disney Channel when I'm 21, I do not know...

ladyrott

ladyrott

Stalker

Posted Apr 5, 2010 @ 11:36 AM

Hee! Don't feel bad...I just turned 40.

BaggythePanther

BaggythePanther

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 5, 2010 @ 3:57 PM

Hee! Don't feel bad...I just turned 40.

I'm somewhere in between there (23), but I have the excuse of watching it with my younger siblings. They really liked the show (as did I) so it looks like we now have something else to watch on Sunday nights. I want to echo everyone else and say how happy I am to have a show about a normal family. However there was one minor detail that kept bothering me. Where is this show set? I know they mentioned a MI license plate, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything.

Slade347

Slade347

Fanatic

Posted Apr 7, 2010 @ 1:36 PM

According to Wikipedia (and we know they're always right ;) ), it takes place in Denver.

This definitely had the feel of an old style traditional network sitcom rather than another Disney show. I liked that and I enjoyed the show as a whole. Count me in as someone who loves that the family is normal, at least compared to other kids shows. Bridgit Mendler is an appealing lead and the rest of her family was enjoyable as well.

Oh and it's been 20 years since I graduated high school, so yes I'm definitely in the "way too old" to be watching Disney camp. ;)

Edited by Slade347, Apr 7, 2010 @ 1:37 PM.

Halfpint Ingals

Halfpint Ingals

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2010 @ 4:01 PM

My friend Gilland Jones will play a major role tonight as Emma. She has also been on Wizards of Waverly Place, Suite Life on Deck, and ICarly so people may recognize her.

ETA: Her IMDB link.

Edited by Halfpint Ingals, Apr 11, 2010 @ 4:06 PM.

dhb

dhb

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 13, 2010 @ 3:53 PM

The second episode held up well in the cable ratings. Number 10.

I like the show so far. A good old fashioned sitcom, like ABC would have run in their TGIF era. Actually, it's better than most of the stuff they would have run.

Spadada

Spadada

Fanatic

Posted Apr 21, 2010 @ 1:15 AM

Actually gained viewers from Week 2 to Week 3 (after a drop from the pilot).

For the 3rd consecutive week, “Good Luck Charlie” (Sun., 8:30 – 8:55 p.m.) was the week’s No. 1 TV telecast in Kids 6-11 (1.8 million/7.4 rating) and Tweens 9-14 (1.7 million/7.1 rating), and stood as Sunday’s No. 1 cable telecast in Total Viewers (4.1 million).

Source.

I like the introduction of Teddy's BFF Ivy--looking forward to more of her--and I thought the actress who played Ivy's mom was HILARIOUS. So deadpan.

Charlie going thru the cat door was just adorable wasn't it? How did they get the baby to do that? According to the preview, next week there's a baby race.

Slade347

Slade347

Fanatic

Posted Apr 23, 2010 @ 1:24 AM

I like the introduction of Teddy's BFF Ivy--looking forward to more of her--and I thought the actress who played Ivy's mom was HILARIOUS. So deadpan.

I liked both of the actresses and the characters have some potential. That said, I hated the whole let's present people over 30 as idiots when it comes to the internet and cell phones thing.

Still, overall the show's off to a pretty good start after three episodes. I love the interaction between the three older siblings. I hope they keep the show's focus among that group.

Fatty McButter

Fatty McButter

Couch Potato

Posted May 17, 2010 @ 4:40 PM

I've tried to give this show a go, but I can't. For years I've thought Eric Allan Kramer was hot, so I wanted to see what he was up to now. The parents are OK, but Bridgit Mendler is a terrible actress. You're always aware that she's acting. (I also thought she was awful in the guest spots she did on "Wizards of Waverly Place.")

italiangirl99

italiangirl99

Channel Surfer

Posted May 20, 2010 @ 3:56 PM

So i was watching an episode, and when they showed the exterior of the house, it was like deja vu. However, i cannot recall if it was the Even Stevens house or the Phil of the future house. Help?

KerleyQ

KerleyQ

Stalker

Posted May 21, 2010 @ 2:40 PM

So i was watching an episode, and when they showed the exterior of the house, it was like deja vu. However, i cannot recall if it was the Even Stevens house or the Phil of the future house. Help?

I was thinking the exterior of the house looked familiar, too. I've never seen Even Stevens, though, so if it's one of those, it would have to be Phil of the Future. Now I'm trying to remember an exterior shot from there. It's going to drive me nuts!

ladyrott

ladyrott

Stalker

Posted May 29, 2010 @ 10:06 PM

(I also thought she was awful in the guest spots she did on "Wizards of Waverly Place.")

THAT'S where I know her from! She was Juliet! That's been driving me crazy!

Writer13

Writer13

Fanatic

Posted May 30, 2010 @ 8:54 AM

I don't find Bridgit's acting all that terrible...but then again, except for maybe Selena Gomez and David Henrie, all of the kids on Disney Channel seem to over-act.

I can't get over how adorable Charlie is!

ladyrott

ladyrott

Stalker

Posted May 30, 2010 @ 1:06 PM

I know! She is just the cutest little girl. I loved her in her "Whammy Jammies".

GatorGirl13

GatorGirl13

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 5, 2010 @ 6:26 PM

Charlie is adorable! I like how they had the episode in the hospital when she was born and how they got term "Good Luck Charlie". Cute....DD, 7, like this show alot. I can handle it -- it is cute, midly funny -- reminiscent of "Full House" or "Home Improvement" type shows...

Edited by GatorGirl13, Jun 5, 2010 @ 6:28 PM.

BaggythePanther

BaggythePanther

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 5, 2010 @ 11:56 PM

Me neither. I spend half the episodes 'awwing'. Is there really only one baby playing Charlie? Because there is only one girl listed in the credits, but I thought shows typically used twins for parts like this.