Dream Costars:Who should do a movie together?

• Please log in to reply

222 replies to this topic

DollEyes

DollEyes

Fanatic

Posted Feb 12, 2014 @ 11:13 AM

You do know, don't you that Tom Hiddleston  played Michael Cassio  to Ewan McGregor's Iago in Othello a few years ago?

No, I didn't.

If Fassbender, Hiddleston, Eijofor and Elba were all together the screen would actually catch fire, so for safety's sake, we can't have all four of them together.

That's what fire extinguishers are for.

Sandman

Sandman

Stalker

Posted Feb 13, 2014 @ 7:46 PM

And if it weren't for competing movie studios, we could have (young) Magneto and Loki. That's a stretch, but still, Marvel needs to make this happen. Somehow. If only to compare how terribly uncomfortable their helmets are.

I don't ask for much; I don't even need a whole movie. But I think it's only fair that there should be a way to create an outtake or an Easter egg somewhere of Loki and Magneto commiserating over the innate ridiculousness of villain headgear. Because, come on!

corvus13

corvus13

Stalker

Posted Feb 13, 2014 @ 9:38 PM

In the new comic books series, "Loki: Agent of Asgard", Loki will not only be bisexual, he will also occasionally switch genders.  This is a callback to the actual myths, in which Loki changed genders.

http://robot6.comicb...gent-of-asgard/

Sandman

Sandman

Stalker

Posted Feb 14, 2014 @ 10:43 AM

Tricksters gods are traditionally pretty hard to nail down to one identity. They change shape, including gender, pretty much at whim.

OakGoblinfly

OakGoblinfly

Fanatic

Posted Feb 14, 2014 @ 2:11 PM

And if it weren't for competing movie studios, we could have (young) Magneto and Loki. That's a stretch, but still, Marvel needs to make this happen. Somehow. If only to compare how terribly uncomfortable their helmets are.

You might have to add Angelina Jolie in her Maleficent headgear to that movie cast.

Tricksters gods are traditionally pretty hard to nail down to one identity. They change shape, including gender, pretty much at whim.

Some can change species too (which might explain how Loki and Coyote fathered some of their rather, erm, more unusual children).

You could have a battle of the Aussies versus Kiwis and their awesome accents if you manage to put Hugh Jackman, Eric Bana, Karl Urban, and Russell Crowe in the same movie.

Sandman

Sandman

Stalker

Posted Feb 14, 2014 @ 11:31 PM

Are Maleficent's horns part of her headgear? I always assumed they were part of her actual head.

Schweedie

Schweedie

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 15, 2014 @ 6:18 AM

Another dream project I would love to see is a remake of Othello with either Elba or Ejiofor in the title role, Michael Fassbender or Tom Hiddelston as Iago and either Carey Mulligan, Margot Robbie Emilia Clarke as Desdemona.

You do know, don't you that Tom Hiddleston played Michael Cassio to Ewan McGregor's Iago in Othello a few years ago?

And Chiwetel Ejiofor was Othello. The whole thing is available as an audio performance and very good!

glorygirl84

glorygirl84

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 15, 2014 @ 5:31 PM

I want to see Chris Hemsworth and Chris Evans in a movie together that is not Super Hero related. I loved the CA and Thor interaction in Avengers and they have great chemistry on and off screen.

I want to see RSJ and Sandra Bullock in a romantic comedy together.

OakGoblinfly

OakGoblinfly

Fanatic

Posted Feb 18, 2014 @ 11:18 AM

RSJ?

Jeebus Cripes

Jeebus Cripes

Fanatic

Posted Feb 19, 2014 @ 2:32 AM

Maybe it's a typo for Robert Downey Jr.? I, too, would like to see a film with him and Bullock.

glorygirl84

glorygirl84

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 19, 2014 @ 1:51 PM

I did mean Robert Downey JR. sorry for my typo.

MethodActor05

MethodActor05

Stalker

Posted Mar 4, 2014 @ 3:03 AM

I really want Chloe Sevigny and Greta Gerwig to play sisters at some point.

glorygirl84

glorygirl84

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 4, 2014 @ 7:50 PM

After that skit in Jimmy Kimmal, I want a movie with Liam and Chris Hemsworth. So much pretty together and I like they chemistry in that video and interviews