Season Ten General Gabbery and Speculation

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

1488 replies to this topic

TWoP Pembleton

TWoP Pembleton

Stalker

• Interests:Also known as Kim, one of your friendly recappers

Posted Dec 22, 2009 @ 9:37 PM

This thread is for posting links about the upcoming season and discussing rumors about cast etc. It is NOT for posting who you WISH would be on Season 10 -- that goes in the Wish List thread, and we don't want to duplicate efforts.

You can discuss rumors about casting, but remember that until ABC confirms it (which they won't do until a few weeks before the season starts around March 22nd), it's just that -- a rumor.

Have at it!

KarenM

KarenM

Fanatic

Posted Dec 30, 2009 @ 4:01 PM

Interesting info. I don't think the show got cancelled, but you never know. Maybe the part they auditioned about got cancelled.

My instructor and her partner interviewed in LA for the 2010 season of DWTS. A few weeks after the interview, she told me that they called her and said that the show was being cancelled. Has anyone else heard anything about the show being cancelled for 2010?

LINK.

Edited by KarenM, Dec 30, 2009 @ 4:02 PM.

TWoP Pembleton

TWoP Pembleton

Stalker

Posted Dec 30, 2009 @ 5:34 PM

Even with a slight ratings dip last season, the show was still in the Top Ten most weeks, right? Plus it's fairly cheap to produce. There's no way it's getting canceled, IMO.

TryingHarder

TryingHarder

Fanatic

Posted Dec 31, 2009 @ 7:43 PM

There's no way it's getting canceled, IMO.

I agree. And, they already have a start date for the next season, don't they?

lindslvsmaks

lindslvsmaks

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 31, 2009 @ 8:32 PM

Despite low ratings last season, it was still in the Top 5/10 as Pem pointed out. I heard March 22, 2010 is when the season starts.

moni

moni

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 1, 2010 @ 2:06 AM

The show is NOT cancelled. Season 10 will start on March 22,2010. This was conformed by Tom in an interview a few days ago. I can't find the link but he also said that he knows couple of the stars that will be dancing in season 10.

lindslvsmaks

lindslvsmaks

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 1, 2010 @ 4:54 PM

Ah yes I remember reading that article. So the rumored celebs should be starting soon, and official announcement sometime next month, I am guessing.

Has anyone heard any rumors yet?

mich15

mich15

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 1, 2010 @ 6:09 PM

I follow a lot of the dancers on Twitter and none of them have mentioned anything about a cancellation. I think it's just a rumour. They are all just enjoying their holidays right now!

moni

moni

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 2, 2010 @ 2:27 AM

I only heard something about Genie Francis and her husbund Jonathan Frakes. I wouldn't mind that. I love Star Trek TNG.

Edited by moni, Jan 2, 2010 @ 2:28 AM.

PBGamer89

PBGamer89

Fanatic

Posted Jan 2, 2010 @ 2:32 PM

I heard a rumor about Jennifer Grey as well. If only Patrick was alive to see her take on the challenge.

You know they will have her dance to "Time of My Life"!

lindslvsmaks

lindslvsmaks

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 2, 2010 @ 7:10 PM

ooh Jennifer Grey would be fun to watch. :)

Kate Gosslien (TLC's John & Kate Plus 8 for those that might not know) is also rumored. UGH. If she does come on the show, pretty sure she might be paired with Maks. I so hope this rumor is false.

Edited by lindslvsmaks, Jan 2, 2010 @ 7:12 PM.

SanLynn

SanLynn

Fanatic

Posted Jan 2, 2010 @ 9:16 PM

I don't care who else they have on Season 10. If ABC gives that camera whore fake Kate Gosselin one more smidgen of American tv space I'm boycotting.

Daisy80

Daisy80

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 2, 2010 @ 9:18 PM

I hope the Kate Gosselin rumor is false too. Especially if there is a chance Maks could get her! He doesn't need that kind of drama in his life.

Edited by Daisy80, Jan 2, 2010 @ 9:18 PM.

moni

moni

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 3, 2010 @ 2:38 AM

ABC will make a huge mistake if they put Kate on the show. She's so anoying.

I wouldn't mine Jennifer Grey though. I like her.

TruBrit

TruBrit

Fanatic

Posted Jan 3, 2010 @ 12:41 PM

Tom B, actually, said that they're shooting for the March 22 date...but nothing is official yet.

I doubt Maks will get Kate. He'll probably get a ringer... or someone good on paper at least. After his official complain last season, I don't think he'll get stuck with Kate or Jessica Simpson.

Dmitry will definitely be back with probably another Mya.

I wonder if Mark will get an Olympian this time around!

After last season Louis will probably be back and possibly replace Tony.

TWoP Pembleton

TWoP Pembleton

Stalker

Posted Jan 3, 2010 @ 12:59 PM

I think Kate's publicist is really good at starting rumors about her -- see the whole debacle where it was rumored she was going to host a show with Paula Deen and then it turned out that she was never even under consideration for hosting. So I'm not worried.

Lolligagger

Lolligagger

Fanatic

Posted Jan 3, 2010 @ 9:26 PM

I'm not too worried, either. She's got eight kids to look after. I imagine it wouldn't be great for her public image if she leaves those kids to do this show for however long.

DWTSaddict

DWTSaddict

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 11, 2010 @ 10:03 AM

"Dirt Nasty" on DWTS?

Dancing with the stars wants me to meet with them about doin the show. Thoughts?

getting mostly approvals for doin Dancing with the Stars.I think if Im funny on it and clown itd be rad. Maybe Ill kick my partners tits off

http://twitter.com/Dirt_Nasty

Lolligagger

Lolligagger

Fanatic

Posted Jan 11, 2010 @ 11:00 AM

Simon Rex? If he acts like Simon Rex and not Dirt Nasty, I'm okay with it.

peaches222

peaches222

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 11, 2010 @ 8:01 PM

I liked him when he was on “What I like About You." I don't know about Dirt Nasty.

BTW, shouldn't they officially announce the premiere date 'any day' now? If the show starts March 22, then they'll have to announce the cast in about 4-5 weeks.

Lolligagger

Lolligagger

Fanatic

Posted Jan 12, 2010 @ 7:53 AM

I liked him when he was on “What I like About You." I don't know about Dirt Nasty.

Me too. I saw "Dirt Nasty" on Paris Hilton's New BFF or whatever it's called. He was...kind of pathetic at that persona, actually.

TWoP Pembleton

TWoP Pembleton

Stalker

Posted Jan 12, 2010 @ 1:09 PM

Today is ABC/Disney day at the Television Critics' Association tour so there may be an announcement coming out before the end of the day about a start date. Or not -- they may wait and announce it on GMA or something.

And, not 30 minutes after I posted the above paragraph, ABC announced that the show will return on March 22nd with fewer contestants this year.

Here's the official press release.

jackius71

jackius71

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 12, 2010 @ 6:00 PM

I really like this format - every one dances twice and no elimination the first week. Hopefully that gives everyone a shot at ballroom & latin and to get the first night nerves out of their system. It also means they won't be quite so exhausted as in previous seasons when they've stacked up the dances at the beginning. Less of a feeling of overload for both audience and contestants. And if it's a smaller cast? Perfect!

PBGamer89

PBGamer89

Fanatic

Posted Jan 12, 2010 @ 6:19 PM

Thats good to hear. They are also premiering about 2 weeks after last spring's date of March 9th. Maybe to avoid DWTS overload from this past fall.

Maybe 14 celebs? 13?

Im more surprised we havent heard nearly any cast rumors.

lindslvsmaks

lindslvsmaks

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 12, 2010 @ 7:52 PM

Yaye. I like this format. :)

moni

moni

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 13, 2010 @ 2:22 AM

I like the news about fewer contesants. And I think it will be close to 11-12 celebs this season. 12 would be perfect:6 girls and 6 guys. March 22 girls night and March 23 guys night. I would love that and an opening number with all the pros.

Edited by moni, Jan 13, 2010 @ 2:25 AM.

PBGamer89

PBGamer89

Fanatic

Posted Jan 13, 2010 @ 3:35 PM

If they follow the typical format, we should be hearing about the cast announcement being somewhere around Feb 19-23, give or take.

agardner

agardner

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 13, 2010 @ 4:48 PM

And all the leaks and diversions should really get going over the next couple of weeks.

lindslvsmaks

lindslvsmaks

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 13, 2010 @ 7:27 PM

Why has there been hardly any rumors about who is on the show? & every article I have read says "all-star cast of celebs". Does that mean this is an all-star season? cause I don't remember reading that before.

summer69

summer69

Just Tuned In

Posted Jan 14, 2010 @ 3:30 AM

I really like this format too. Hooray that we get a Season 10. :-)