1-4: "It's Only the Beginning" 2009.11.24 (recap)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

144 replies to this topic

Lets Go Blues

Lets Go Blues

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 24, 2009 @ 9:06 PM

Anna meets with a special guest aboard the mother ship; Chad finds himself conflicted by some of his discoveries at the V Healing Centers.

Did FBI lady really expect her son to talk to her when she wouldn't even silence her phone?

Edited by Lets Go Blues, Nov 24, 2009 @ 9:06 PM.

Tableau

Tableau

Fanatic

Posted Nov 24, 2009 @ 9:07 PM

The V's are lying to Chad, I know it! What a coinkidink that he's going to die but no one can prove it or cure it except the V's.

AimingforYoko

AimingforYoko

Stalker

Posted Nov 24, 2009 @ 9:07 PM

Erica works with newly-formed allies to uncover a biological threat they suspect the Visitors have been plotting. Aboard the Mothership, Anna meets with a special guest while managing the investigation into the murder of a V. Chad does a segment on the V Healing Centers, demonstrating their amazing medical abilities, but then finds himself conflicted by some of his findings.

So Valerie is going to have a little lizard. No one saw that coming.
Nice/cheesy visual: when Anna was interrogating Dale's murder suspects, they were standing in a V.
And I am the only one disappointed we didn't get to see the 5th columnist skinned?

AimingforYoko

AimingforYoko

Stalker

Posted Nov 24, 2009 @ 9:09 PM

Looks like this thread wins, so:
Nice/cheesy visual: when Anna was interrogating Dale's murder suspects, they were standing in a V.
And I am the only one disappointed we didn't get to see the 5th columnist skinned?

Tableau

Tableau

Fanatic

Posted Nov 24, 2009 @ 9:09 PM

Felt sorry for Joshua but that's what happens in war when you kill one of your own and you don't have your fucking ass covered to avoid the consequences. He didn't have to kill Dale, but he did.

morrigan2575

morrigan2575

Fanatic

Posted Nov 24, 2009 @ 9:14 PM

I figured the V's were lying to Chad it was just too easy of a manipulation. I'm really curious as to what was in the R6 drug and I'm actually worried about Father Jack...although I'm sure he'll be OK. I wonder if this is going to be the incident that helps Father Jack decide what/who he is?

I'm not sure how I feel on the whole Anna=Bliss thing. What was it? It couldn't be pheromones because it reached V's on Earth. I'm guessing some sort of Telepathy or Empathy? I'm guessing Tyler is going to be the Holy!Father of the first human/V offspring (media wise) that should prove interesting.

Can't wait to see how Ryan talks his way out of this predicament...I wonder if she'll leave him or stay loyal?

When they panned back from Earth I figured we'd see an invasion force, they did that in the original mini-series. But I kind of wanted to see the remnants of some former planet/civilization that the V's, visited. I also wonder if they're going to get into the whole humans=food thing?

Not a bad cliffhanger but I think the better ending would have been just the close up of Father Jack after he was stabbed.

Lets Go Blues

Lets Go Blues

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 24, 2009 @ 9:24 PM

I'm not sure the cliffhanger was "cliffhangery" enough. I don't think Father Hotness is going to die, so that isn't suspenseful. It just seemed like a regular episode.

patriotickid

patriotickid

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 24, 2009 @ 9:29 PM

That flu vaccine was pretty topical, but I liked it. The whole baby situation isn't that great since they won't allow him to kill it and I guess the V's now know she's pregnant with a Vistor baby since it can't/won't look human on a DNA level.

Still hate that kid. I expect Anna to say so as well if he stays on that ship long enough.

My best guess is they're fatting us up. They want our bodies in peak physical condition to be taken over? Maybe the V's are running from some larger big bad? Pushing the whole wild kingdom angle to a universal level. They are going to hide out on Earth by disguising themselves as Earthlings.

There are giant spacebirds chasing the V's! lol

LonePirate

LonePirate

Stalker

Posted Nov 24, 2009 @ 9:35 PM

The FDA drags its feet by waiting months if not years to approve any new medical treatment or procedure; but the Vs receive instant approval for their untested black magic medicine? The abandonment of reality for the sake of plot advancement on this show is exceptionally disconcerting.

Luckylyn

Luckylyn

Fanatic

Posted Nov 24, 2009 @ 9:42 PM

Are we sure she's having the lizard baby or is it a red herring? Maybe she cheated which is possible because we haven't learned that much about the character. A human could be the kid's father and the show is messing with us. If it is the lizard baby then the V's must know about it after examining her and so they're both in a ton of danger. She needs to be told the truth about who her fiance is and the resistance for her own and the baby's protection. There is no justification for keeping her in the dark any more. Ignorance is way more dangerous.

Edited by Luckylyn, Nov 24, 2009 @ 9:44 PM.

Ripley68

Ripley68

Fanatic

Posted Nov 24, 2009 @ 9:47 PM

See, I knew I was right not to take the new flu vaccine.

Lets Go Blues

Lets Go Blues

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 24, 2009 @ 9:51 PM

Said the person sneezing into their chicken noodle soup.

Just kidding. I won't get a flu shot either.

MTBradley

MTBradley

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 24, 2009 @ 9:51 PM

Felt sorry for Joshua but that's what happens in war when you kill one of your own and you don't have your fucking ass covered to avoid the consequences. He didn't have to kill Dale, but he did.

Why wouldn’t he have killed Dale, though? Was their another way to protect the individuals Dale saw in the warehouse?

I wished they had worked the Nazi metaphor a little more. Two barechested Gestapo thugs + a dark moldy basement and two weeks later the kid would have been begging to be skinned. In any case, it’s just unrealistic that he wasn’t interrogated in any way.

Edited by MTBradley, Nov 24, 2009 @ 9:54 PM.

oh shizzle

oh shizzle

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 24, 2009 @ 9:53 PM

The FDA drags its feet by waiting months if not years to approve any new medical treatment or procedure; but the Vs receive instant approval for their untested black magic medicine? The abandonment of reality for the sake of plot advancement on this show is exceptionally disconcerting.

The medical centers are run by the Vs. I don't think we are being asked to believe that the medicines the Vs plan to administer are FDA-endorsed. Unless they said it and I missed it, which is possible since I have a hard time understaing what they are saying from time to time.

punyxjunii

punyxjunii

Just Tuned In

Posted Nov 24, 2009 @ 9:58 PM

I get that it's bothersome how unrealistic it is that it's approved too fast for the advancement of the plot, but then again maybe they approved it so fast because they have been instantly curing people of what ever. So, maybe it's those reasons that they did that as well.

Tasya

Tasya

Fanatic

Posted Nov 24, 2009 @ 9:59 PM

I think the whole point of the Flu Vaccine was that the FDA was so busy screening the V vitamin shot that they were/would not be paying attention to the basic flu shots that everyone normally gets. Very smart.

As far as Ryan/Girlfriend I really do not think the baby is his. He didn't seem worried like "Oh crap she's having a hybrid" it was more like "Oh crap, there's no way that she could be having my baby". Plus if the Vs thought that the 5th column people could have already produced hybrids, would they be so keen on grooming Tyler? Also if it was as simple as insert V-Insert human, wouldn't they be just sending numerous Vs out to just sex everyone up? There has to be something that makes it not possible unless they so choose it.

I still don't like Tyler, at all. I find him to be an obnoxious kid and the storyline with him is just dragging. He's pretty to look at but that's it.

Poor Joshua, but seriously he should have had a scapegoat in place. I think the entire point of that was a lesson learned. If you are going to strike, strike smartly. Also evidenced by Georgie's wanting to skin a V and everyone else realizing that that's not the way to go about things.

My theory about the Vs is that they need humans for food and a workforce. I think their planet is dead and good ole Earth is the new destination. They wouldn't want all out warfare and wiping out beings that eventually they are going to need.

Lets Go Blues

Lets Go Blues

Loyal Viewer

Yeah I don't think the Vs are submitting things to the FDA for approval (unless they have people in there).

IvyDarling

IvyDarling

Stalker

And I wondered why he (can't remember his name) didn't make sure to use condoms or some type of contraceptive this whole time.

As far as Ryan/Girlfriend I really do not think the baby is his. He didn't seem worried like "Oh crap she's having a hybrid" it was more like "Oh crap, there's no way that she could be having my baby".

Hmm, I hadn't thought of this. Yea, this could be the case as well.

I'm not sure how I feel on the whole Anna=Bliss thing. What was it? It couldn't be pheromones because it reached V's on Earth.

I thought the those on Earth who experienced bliss were actually Vs in disguise as humans.

I'm annoyed that the show won't be back until March 2010.

Edited by IvyDarling, Nov 24, 2009 @ 10:01 PM.

patriotickid

patriotickid

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 24, 2009 @ 10:00 PM

Agreed. I don't think the government can stop someone from seeking alternative medicine unless there's a licensed doctor involved

Edited by patriotickid, Nov 24, 2009 @ 10:02 PM.

benteen

benteen

Stalker

Posted Nov 24, 2009 @ 10:07 PM

Not as good as last week's episode but I still very much enjoyed it. Things are progressing nicely. Agreed that Joshua should have found someone he disliked to pin the death on. I liked the whole Bliss thing. I still dislike Tyler, whose nothing more but a whiny brat. I do like Lisa a lot even though she's setting the bar very low with Tyler.

When they panned back from Earth I figured we'd see an invasion force, they did that in the original mini-series. But I kind of wanted to see the remnants of some former planet/civilization that the V's, visited.

This is something I'm interested in as well. I didn't believe Anna for a second when she said humanity was the first species they've found. I wonder if we'll eventually a member of an alien species other than the V end up on Earth. Could be a fascinating storyline.

Lets Go Blues

Lets Go Blues

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 24, 2009 @ 10:08 PM

As far as Josh having a scapegoat, he should have just let Anna pick one of the Vs. Chances were only like 1/16 that she would pick him or his friend. So let an "innocent" V get killed. This is war. Better them than one of your allies.

morrigan2575

morrigan2575

Fanatic

Posted Nov 24, 2009 @ 10:09 PM

I thought the those on Earth who experienced bliss were actually Vs in disguise as humans.

Oh yeah they were totally in disguise I just meant that it wasn't limited to just her ship or something that got passed through the ships. The fact that it reached the "sleepers" could mean that they have some sort of implantation that allows her to reach them. Didn't the other V traitor that Ryan went to visit last week say something about Bliss and getting plugged back in?

IvyDarling

IvyDarling

Stalker

Posted Nov 24, 2009 @ 10:17 PM

As far as Josh having a scapegoat, he should have just let Anna pick one of the Vs. Chances were only like 1/16 that she would pick him or his friend. So let an "innocent" V get killed. This is war. Better them than one of your allies.

Hell, I thought the same thing! I didn't think she would kill Josh as the head medical officer anyway.

Didn't the other V traitor that Ryan went to visit last week say something about Bliss and getting plugged back in?

Yea he did, he sounded like an addict who needed a fix.

ACW

ACW

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 24, 2009 @ 10:20 PM

As far as Ryan/Girlfriend I really do not think the baby is his. He didn't seem worried like "Oh crap she's having a hybrid" it was more like "Oh crap, there's no way that she could be having my baby".

While it's really, really likely that the baby is half-lizardy ('cause that's the kind of show this is, and the previous version was), if we were in a more plausible universe the baby could be his skin-suits' offspring, but not "his". Odds are that a lizardy alien wouldn't have anything like human genitalia (to say nothing of DNA), but the skin-suit would, complete with cloned human DNA.

CubicleDrone

CubicleDrone

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 24, 2009 @ 10:20 PM

He wanted back in and from his reaction, it does have some addictive properties. Joshua seemed to be resisting but ultimately gave in. The reporter should be catching on by now that something isn't right. The Vs are totally controlling everything he reports and now they "find" an illness that will kill him.

I was so hoping that Anna was going to do something cool like show her true face. Tyler is too stupid for words but it's not that hard to believe when there is a pretty girl involved. He didn't even give his mom a chance before walking out. He never wanted to tell her and then he complains about how his mom doesn't want to listen to him.

Ripley68

Ripley68

Fanatic

Posted Nov 24, 2009 @ 10:21 PM

The teenagers in TOV were stupid and whiny too, so its not off from that. And, teenagers are pretty much stereotyped as whiny and stupid, so yeah, it doesn't bother me too much about Erica's kid.

SciFiNut

SciFiNut

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 24, 2009 @ 10:21 PM

I'm surprised no one has commented on when Lisa introduced The Dweeb to Anna.

Lisa: Don't worry, she won't bite.

My Husband: BULLSH*T!

Though lizards tend to swallow whole rather than bite.

AimingforYoko

AimingforYoko

Stalker

Posted Nov 24, 2009 @ 10:34 PM

My Husband: BULLSH*T!

Though lizards tend to swallow whole rather than bite.

Damn! That was exactly my thought when I heard Lisa say that.

Lady Snarkbite

Lady Snarkbite

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 24, 2009 @ 10:35 PM

Me: Oh, bite me Queen V.

Not like that. Anna is so damn creepy. Skin him, indeed. I was really hoping that we would have seen the lizard on the inside. All we've seen so far is an eye and part of Ryan's arm. I want to see the whole shebang.

Erica is so hardcore. She was rocking the leather jacket, beanie, and gun. If anybody has a screencap of that, I want it.

I'll say this every week: Why hasn't Tyler been eaten yet?

I want to see the little lizard baby.

Roll the dice

Roll the dice

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 24, 2009 @ 10:48 PM

I was hard core disappointed that we didn't get to see the skinned-V's actually body. I was hoping that at least when they pull out into space at the end we would get a close up on the ship and see a bunch of Vee's hanging out. I guess that must be saved until March.

Poor Joshie who had to kill his friend that was too bad. I thought it was an interesting parallel to Ryan. Ryan wasn't happy about the idea of skinning a V (and a bad on at that), meanwhile Joshua had to skin a V (a good one who he was friends with). I think that their must be a lot of 5th columners on that ship.

Also, I was waiting for Marcus to tell Chad the truth, as I am convinced that Marcus is good.