The Vampire Diaries So Far: Discuss the Whole Series Here

• Please log in to reply

1564 replies to this topic

literal13

literal13

Couch Potato

Posted May 16, 2012 @ 11:04 AM

Oh, and Klaus didn't burn to a crisp after all. Lovely. That means another season of the "Big" "Bad", who has no discernible plan of any kind (wasn't he going to build an army of hybrids to take over the world or something?)

I never understood the entire break the curse storyline. Why did Klaus want to be a hybrid? Because being a werewolf is such an advantage. So what? Now he can go chase some squirrels or lick his own balls? He was already feared as the biggest baddest vamp around. Michael was still supposed to able kill him until Stefan screwed the pooch. His hybrid minions have all been useless and easy kills. I must be missing something with this master plan. All I saw was a pathetic loser that needed to make some new friends because Daddy never loved him. The fake curse of vamps being able to walk in daylight seemed more threatening.

Arengo

Arengo

Channel Surfer

Posted May 16, 2012 @ 4:21 PM

It's a long time since I havé made a comments on the board, but I just had to throw in my 2 cents about Klaus. [snip] I must admit that I absolutely love him for not worshiping at the alter of Katherine/Elena. The fact that he has moved on from the doubleganger shadow wins him major brownie points in my book !!! Plus I also wonder why he has been able to move on so readily from Tatia's shadow while Elijah and the Salvatore brothers infatuation continued to Elena. I know she is supposed to be the heroine of the show, but still the fact that the awesome Elijah has had some kind of feelings for all 3 doublegangers speaks to their supernatural power. Klaus may have been obssessed with Elena's blood to make hybrids, but never really her as a person. That fact alone make me like him quite a lot as a character, as I'm so tirred of Elena around the Salvatores. I guess I'm suffering from triangle overkill with human Elena as the central focus. I used to like the character a lot in season 1, but no more !!! I hope they can make vampire Elena stronger, more fun in a twisted way to counterbalance the long long dry spell of 'martyr' Elena.

Edited by TWoP Howard, May 17, 2012 @ 11:48 AM.
Boards on boards

scarynikki12

scarynikki12

Fanatic

Posted May 16, 2012 @ 4:38 PM

Maybe the true advantage to being a hybrid is not automatically falling for a Petrova descendant? Klaus (and Tyler, though he was never into Elena, bless him) couldn't give a shit about getting into Elena's pants because his hybridism makes him immune to her doppel pheromones?

literal13

literal13

Couch Potato

Posted May 16, 2012 @ 9:40 PM

It could be like a vaccine. Don't they inject you with a virus so you can be immune? If Klaus had figured out how to manufacture an Elena vaccine that would have been worth all the trouble. If only she were like chicken pox then once you catch it you can't get it again. I fear she is more like a bee sting and each time it gets worse until it kills ya.

luvprue1

luvprue1

Fanatic

Posted May 18, 2012 @ 8:08 PM

It's a long time since I havť made a comments on the board, but I just had to throw in my 2 cents about Klaus. [snip] I must admit that I absolutely love him for not worshiping at the alter of Katherine/Elena. The fact that he has moved on from the doubleganger shadow wins him major brownie points in my book !!! Plus I also wonder why he has been able to move on so readily from Tatia's shadow while Elijah and the Salvatore brothers infatuation continued to Elena. I know she is supposed to be the heroine of the show, but still the fact that the awesome Elijah has had some kind of feelings for all 3 doublegangers speaks to their supernatural power. Klaus may have been obssessed with Elena's blood to make hybrids, but never really her as a person. That fact alone make me like him quite a lot as a character, as I'm so tirred of Elena around the Salvatores. I guess I'm suffering from triangle overkill with human Elena as the central focus. I used to like the character a lot in season 1, but no more !!! I hope they can make vampire Elena stronger, more fun in a twisted way to counterbalance the long long dry spell of 'martyr' Elena.

That the number one reason I like Klaus. I do not think Klaus move on from Tatia, he just put thing in prospective. He knows she dead,and doesn't want a cheap imitation of the real things. ( Sorta like the way Wesley felt about Illyria acting like Fred. He didn't like it,nor want it). But I do like that Klaus is not on the worshipping Elena train. I glad that the show didn't go that route. I stop liking Elena when she seem to come across at times as hyprocrite. I like Klaus, he reminds me of season 1 Damon.

bm232

bm232

Fanatic

Posted Jun 4, 2012 @ 8:27 PM

Maybe the true advantage to being a hybrid is not automatically falling for a Petrova descendant? Klaus (and Tyler, though he was never into Elena, bless him) couldn't give a shit about getting into Elena's pants because his hybridism makes him immune to her doppel pheromones?

LOL, maybe it's the werewolf gene that gives you immunity. Mason didn't give a damn about snapping Elena's neck, either. He was in love with Katherine, but not obsessed with her the way the Salvatores are with Elena (he distrusted her enough to put the moonstone down a well filled with vervaine.) And George Lockwood, back in the day, was the only guy in Mystic Falls not ga-ga for Katherine (he made a deal with her to their mutual benefit, but that's a different story.) All the wolves in S2 were pretty much immune to Elena.

In fact it makes a weird kind of sense with Klaus and Elijah's little story in 3x13 about how Tatia's blood was used to create the Originals, who in turn created all the vampires. Maybe the influence of the Original doppelganger's blood makes vampires susceptible to doppelgangers, and since werewolves are the natural enemy of vampires, they're immune to the Elena-Katherine-Tatia pheromone. xD

If only she were like chicken pox then once you catch it you can't get it again. I fear she is more like a bee sting and each time it gets worse until it kills ya.

LMAO. I'm dying.

Edited by bm232, Jun 4, 2012 @ 8:29 PM.

DigiKing

DigiKing

Fanatic

Posted Feb 23, 2013 @ 3:48 PM

So are witches just vile, or is there some sort of rule that states that they have to, I don't know, create some weird "balance" or something? Emily saved Katherine by creating a space under the tomb so that she wouldn't get burned, but she saved all the other vampires as well, saying she "had to." (Katherine, for her part, wasn't even in there, but that's a different story.) Now, Q has been revealed to have created the Other Side as a way to house the supernatural creatures, but in order to get any one supernatural person back, they have to bring back every single one. And I'm sure there are other examples. Why have witches been allowed to force these sick scenarios on people? "Servants of nature" my foot, this witch actually created Purgatory because it suited her purposes. She made a new metaphysical realm under which the laws of the TVD universe have operated for the entirety of the series.

I know that obviously a stronger spell needs more fuel, but it seems like these spells need a minimum number of targets as well. Either that, or witchcraft in this story is responsible for more villainy than anything else and needs to be stopped.

Edited by DigiKing, Feb 23, 2013 @ 3:48 PM.

pepperclove

pepperclove

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 24, 2013 @ 1:16 PM

I really don't think the writers have ever thought through the role of witches. Magic really is their deus ex plotline, if you will, and the more you think about it, the less any of it makes sense.

Since this thread has been bumped, I thought it might be a good place to talk about the potentially permanent departures from the show of Tyler and Jeremy (no spoilers, just speculation on my part) since it goes beyond any one episode. Apologies if this is the wrong thread! I don't actually mind losing a few characters, even with the Originals getting their own spinoff. I think the cast has been bloated for a while, and this could be a good thing if the writers use the opportunity to really develop and integrate the remaining characters. Caroline, in particular, has been isolated in a separate storyline for about a season and a half, which is a waste of a great character and IMO one of the strongest actors on the show.

I would be sad to lose Jeremy because I like both the character and the actor, but it looks like his death is sending Elena into a meltdown, which hopefully will be fun to watch. As far as Tyler goes, I think the character had a lot of potential, but Michael Trevino is one of the weaker actors in the cast and the writers haven't known what to do with him in a long time. I think Tyler ceased to really be a character, as opposed to a plot device, about the time he became a hybrid, and now that his entire family is dead, it's hard to see how he would remain in Mystic Falls. Plus they've done the entire family dead story with Matt (where it made sense and fit his hard-luck background) and now with Elena, so another such story about Tyler would really be overkill.

TWoP Howard

TWoP Howard

TWoP Moderator

Posted Feb 24, 2013 @ 2:14 PM

The Speculation thread would be a better place for looking forward; I'd like to keep this thread for discussing what has already happened. Thanks.

billibee

billibee

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 26, 2013 @ 3:23 AM

I'm so glad someone has mentioned how evil the witches are. Every time Bonnie or another witch mentions the "balance of nature" stuff I'm like, what? Nature, when left to it's own devices is enough to balance nature. Witches, in this show, are the creators of/and therefore responsible for all the nasty, "supposedly" against nature creatures of the earth. They are like these big pharma companies that create cures that only might work on one symptom but create about 10 other incurable or deadly symptoms to go along with it.

Seriously, the best thing about the Silas SL is that it might get them to start acknowledging how bad witches are in this universe. All of them. I mean, what kind of ancient witch creates a purgatory that will imprison all her descendants just because she has some jealousy issues. I mean seriously. So you got jilted. Deal. Witches come off as petty, immature, weak and manipulative on this show. When the other characters use them I'm like "yes", they bloody deserve it! I would love for them to introduce another line of witches who see this and are like an opposing faction who are working against these Bennet witches. That's for another thread though.

I just want to add also that I feel like there is also something anti-feminist about portraying witches the way they have. Witches have been presented in other lore as champions of women's strengths. They are tied to "mother" nature and they have caretaker traits that are generally more associated as feminine traits. So, making them look so awful on the one hand and then just like pawns on the other is just really getting on my nerves. I hope they sort out their witch lore or just let them fade from MF once and for all.

Direwolf33

Direwolf33

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 26, 2013 @ 5:46 AM

I agree that so far witches have been portrayed as manipulative, controlling, untrustworthy, selfish etc. All we need is confirmation they created werewolves, too, via a spell and we have literally everything bad tied to them.

And while they have been predominantly female on the show, we have seen some male witches, too. I would say however the racial profiling is more problematic than the gender one. Apart from Esther, who, okay was just as horrible, the stereotype is getting ludicrous.

For me it started in Season 1 with Emily who did Katherine`s bidding left, right and center in the flashbacks. Then apparently she made a deal with Damon: him protecting all her descendants vs. her helping him get Katherine back. Now, he keeps his end of the deal for 150 years and she basically says "well, nope, no hard feelings, right". Taking into account that not opening the tomb would have been a good thing, why, whenever Damon tried to enter that stupid house, did Emily specifically make a point to screw with his magic ring? They didn`t do it when Stefan was evil and was in there or with anyone, it was just played like a grudge against him. For? Protecting her family line? Her screwing HIM over?

Esther created vampires because she couldn`t handle the loss of her kids. Then - and no matter how bad Klaus is now - she screws over her kid because SHE got found out having committed adultery? WTF? That`s your fault and the guy`s fault, missy. Not the child that came out of it. A thousand years later she tries to "deal with it", you might say, but does so screwing people over left and right.

Qetsiyah creates an entire torture dimension as well as the world`s most convoluted plan with the prospect to start the zombie apocalypse just because her little witchy ego couldn`t handle being dumbed. Build a bridge and get over it.

Witches appear to be the most powerful and sociopathic supernatural creatures in the TVD universe. Maybe they will be the final Big Bad someday.

FurryFury

FurryFury

Fanatic

Posted Feb 26, 2013 @ 8:28 AM

I really doubt the problem is witches per se. Most characters in TVD lose any common sense and act very dumb in situations that involve romance or, really, any strong emotion. That's the law of the world.

gingercharm21

gingercharm21

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 26, 2013 @ 12:54 PM

I feel like this has been a waste of an entire season. Elena died, so what? They tried to make her a bad ass vampire, she was still a whiny bitch. She left Stefan for Damon and was judgmental left and right. Jeremy died needlessly and now Bonnie has gone off the deep end. I thought the Council was going to be a big part of the show this year, and that never happened.

billibee

billibee

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 26, 2013 @ 1:20 PM

Taking into account that not opening the tomb would have been a good thing, why, whenever Damon tried to enter that stupid house, did Emily specifically make a point to screw with his magic ring? They didn`t do it when Stefan was evil and was in there or with anyone, it was just played like a grudge against him. For? Protecting her family line? Her screwing HIM over?

This!

It has bothered me for a long time. And I just really want them to address it but unless new writers come in it won't happen. I feel like it is just a flaw in the writing. They were too concerned with underlining the fact that Damon = bad brother and Stefan = Good, that they didn't pay attention to the logics of the interactions with others.

I really doubt the problem is witches per se. Most characters in TVD lose any common sense and act very dumb in situations that involve romance or, really, any strong emotion. That's the law of the world.

Yes, they all have less than stellar coping skills, but the thing is, the witches are the ones who have created all the problems. The vampires, hybrids and hunters are like victims. They are cursed and then they take all the blame. I really think it is a fundamental issue to the lore on this show. I just pray they fix it somehow.

luvprue1

luvprue1

Fanatic

Posted Feb 27, 2013 @ 4:14 AM

It has bothered me for a long time. And I just really want them to address it but unless new writers come in it won't happen. I feel like it is just a flaw in the writing. They were too concerned with underlining the fact that Damon = bad brother and Stefan = Good, that they didn't pay attention to the logics of the interactions with others.

True. Especially if you consider that Damon watch over Emily's family,and Stefan was known as the guy who killed a entire village. So what reason would Emily have to hate Damon, but not Stefan? Both are vampires. I never understood how Emily felt about the vampires. In the flashback Emily and Katherine seem to have been friends. Emily arrive in MF with Katherine. When all the vampire was being rounded up, Emily had chance to escape (she could have left town) , yet she stay around for Damon and Stefan , Why? She claim Katherine save her brother, so she owe her one, yet Kat was assume dead/entomb so there isn't a reason to do anything for her. Than Emily tells Damon that he can open the tomb in the next comet, and tell Anna she would see Pearl again, yet when the time came she didn't want the tomb open. Why go through all that to save the vampire in the first place if she never intended on the tomb being open?...or did she already know Katherine wasn't in the tomb? Katherine didn't want the tomb to be open since it would have expose that she wasn't lock in.

Yes, they all have less than stellar coping skills, but the thing is, the witches are the ones who have created all the problems. The vampires, hybrids and hunters are like victims. They are cursed and then they take all the blame. I really think it is a fundamental issue to the lore on this show. I just pray they fix it somehow.

I agree, the witches do not seem exactly good. Qetsiyah help create immortality ,and only became against when she discover that Silas ( her lover) intended on giving it to another women, not her. Qetsiyah killed the other woman.

We also find out that Esther might have killed Tatia in order to put the curse on Klaus. Esther tried to kill Elena. So witches are not all that saintly, at least the witches that we have seen so far.

redbudrose

redbudrose

Fanatic

Posted Mar 3, 2013 @ 1:25 PM

We also find out that Esther might have killed Tatia in order to put the curse on Klaus. Esther tried to kill Elena. So witches are not all that saintly, at least the witches that we have seen so far.

She did kill Tatia, it just may have been before or after they turned depending on if Esther saved her blood. That would be my guess rather than letting her live after taking most of her blood and then killing her to place the curse. She also Alaric by turning him into a vampire. She tried to kill Matt & Jeremy when they tried to save Elena but Alaric was able to kill Esther first.

I do hate the self righteousness and judgement that seems to come along with most of the witches on the show, especially Bonnie. I don't like Bonnie but I guess she is young, maybe she'll see things as less black and white if she ever comes down from her crazy tea high. They all seem to think being human equals being moral but it doesn't distinguish anything, not good from bad or killers from non killers.

I think it's interesting that it's never been discussed that basically an "original vampire" can be created by any witch who is strong enough and that could create a spell for it. If Quessiah and Esther came up with spells on their own so could another witch. They may not be as strong as 1000-2000 year old vampires but they would be another vampire with only one possible loop hole way to kill. Alaric was strong but that could have been because Esther used doppelganger blood making him the same as her children.

Edited by redbudrose, Mar 3, 2013 @ 1:27 PM.

Vedder

Vedder

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 3, 2013 @ 6:52 PM

The spell was invented by Qetsya and Silas; I think Esther just learned it from her friend Ayana, who was Qetsya's descendant.
I thought Esther used Elena's blood so that Alaric's life would be bound to hers, not because of some special properties. After all, it should be the same as Tatia's blood, right? It doesnt explain why Alaric was stronger than even Klaus, tho.

Izeinwinter

Izeinwinter

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 4, 2013 @ 2:57 AM

Qetsya watched her children waste a thousand years being asshats due to that spell. She probably spent a good few years of that time trying to figure out exactly what the flaws in the spell were, so the version she used on Alaric was just flat out superior.

Vedder

Vedder

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 4, 2013 @ 2:37 PM

That's a good point, I'll go with that (I'm assuming you meant Esther ;) ).

luvprue1

luvprue1

Fanatic

Posted Mar 9, 2013 @ 9:22 AM

5 Questions About Silas

1. What is he?

Originally, Silas was a witch. With the help if Qetsiyah, he created a spell and became immortal. Obviously he needed blood to be revived after desiccating for thousands of years, so Silas clearly has some vampire elements as well. According to Rebekah (Claire Holt), witches canít also be vampires, so is Silas breaking all the rules or what?

2. Will he raise the dead?

Either Silas is a master manipulator, or heís a benevolent witch who is willing to help those who assist him. Shane is a believer. The prof is convinced the witch will raise the dead, including his wife, Caitlin, and young son. But weíre thinking that thereís only one person Silas cares about ó the woman Qetsiyah killed when he rejected her. And even if Silas does bring some dead people back, weíre not so sure they wonít be zombies.

3. Will he have the hunterís curse?

Silas killed Jeremy (Steven R. McQueen) by snapping his neck. It didnít help that the witch drained a bunch of the hunterís blood first. Now that the member of the Five is dead, will SIlas inherit the hunterís curse that plagued Elena (Nina Dobrev) before?

4. What does he look like?

The only representation weíve seen of Silas is on Jerís tattoo. Letís hope whoever designed the mark took some artistic license, because that dude looks like a creepy gnome. Maybe thatís what happens when you cross a witch with a vampire?

5. Is hell on earth coming?

Kol (Nathaniel Buzolic) was dead set (no pun intended) against awakening Silas, referring anyone who would listen to the tales heíd heard about the destruction and chaos the ancient one would create. Something tells us the Original was onto something, and Silas wonít greet his island friends as liberators.

Dimiter

Dimiter

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 12, 2013 @ 7:14 AM

I think one of the biggest mistakes of the writers was to kill off all of Elena’s parental figures. Without Jenna and to lesser extent Alaric to fulfill that function it fell on the Salvatores to do it which made her relationship with them less equal and more controlling.

leopard9

leopard9

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 9, 2013 @ 10:44 PM

I've been watching the Vampire Diaries since Season 1 and I'm really curious about how aware the writers are.  Almost all main/recurring characters on the show have killed multiple people with little to no guilt or thought to the of how the deaths will affect people that care about them.  To me it really interferes with the likeability of the characters but I don't know if I'm supposed to recognize that the Vampire Diaries is filled with borderline sociopaths.  I've got two ideas on the subject: Either I'm meant to view sociopathy part of being a supernatural creature or the writers have no idea how their characters come across.  Does anyone have an idea about which lens I'm supposed to be viewing the show through? 

scarynikki12

scarynikki12

Fanatic

Posted Jul 10, 2013 @ 2:28 PM

Based on what has been shown I can only assume the writers think that nothing in this world is sexier than serial killers, rapists, and abusive relationships. And a character that successfully embodies all three equally? He gets elevated to become the show's designated romantic hero.

leopard9

leopard9

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 10, 2013 @ 4:00 PM

On the subject of Damon being the "bad brother" and Stefan being the "good brother", I can see where the writers are coming from.  I'm not saying one brother is morally better than the other btw.  Even though both have probably killed an equal amount of people through their existence I think there is a slight difference between the nature of the killings.  When Stefan kills, it's typically because he's being a "ripper" and so by definition has very little control over what he's doing.  When Damon kills, it's typically because he's either pissed at someone or because he wants to kill.  It's established in the show universe that Damon has significantly better control over his bloodlust than Stefan does, so when he does kill, it seems to be because he doesn't see any reason not to.  Also, I feel like a fundamental difference between Damon's and Stefan's personalities is this:  Damon (most of the time) comes across as being nice because he knows it's what Elena wants whereas Stefan comes across as being nice because that's how he wants to be.  To put it another way, I feel like Elena's friends have more value apart from Elena to Stefan compared to how much value they have to Damon apart from Elena.  What are your thoughts?

starfury303

starfury303

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 10, 2013 @ 11:58 PM

To put it another way, I feel like Elena's friends have more value apart from Elena to Stefan compared to how much value they have to Damon apart from Elena.  What are your thoughts?

Hmm, I can see that perspective but I have always thought that one of the interesting things about Damon is that he makes his own (very slightly more age-appropriate) friends - i.e Liz, Alaric, Carol - and he appears to care about them - didn't kill Liz, grieved for Alaric, took at least a small revenge on Klaus for Carol's death. I had the impression he thinks of Elena's friends as just that - hers, rather than his, so it's reasonable he seems to value them less than she does.

Stefan, on the other hand - I can't think of anyone he has befriended since he met Elena that wasn't a friend of Elena's first. He's one of those boyfriends that just attach themselves onto their gf's social circle for the duration of the relationship - now I think about it, he did the same with Rebecca back in the 20s, as well.

Damon (most of the time) comes across as being nice because he knows it's what Elena wants

Sometimes, sure. i'm not sure it's consistent though. The whole 'gave Rose a dream thing' - Elena was struck by it because he hadn't told her. He never told Stefan he didn't go with him in WW2 because Lexi  said Stefan would be better of alone, either.  I don't think Damon is always being manipulative with his niceness; he seems to have genuine flashes of compassion or altruism and acts on them; he's just also very pragmatic about killing as a useful tool.

Stefan  - we keep getting told that Stefan always cared for people deeply, and those feelings were heightened when he turned. But we don't see it a lot - aside from what he does for Elena (and I'd count volunteering to replace Jenna as a sacrifice, as a for-Elena move) I think the helping Caroline survive being vamped seems like the kindest thing he's done. He's been pretty ruthless with using Bonnie and Jeremy in plots that could get them killed.

I wonder if being the Silas doppelganger helped cause the Ripper-ing? Maybe he was channeling the stone-Silas hunger.

leopard9

leopard9

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 11, 2013 @ 4:58 PM

I wonder if being the Silas doppelganger helped cause the Ripper-ing? Maybe he was channeling the stone-Silas hunger.

That sounds like a good theory, especially since the Vampire Diaries places so much emphasis on balance.  It makes you wonder how connected doppelgangers are.  Is a doppelganger necessarily the opposite of the original being?  For instance, Katherine's defining character trait (other than being amazing) is her ruthlessness while Elena's is her supposed "compassion/empathy".  Is Elena this way because Katherine's ruthless?  Julie Plec said Season 5 would delve into the doppelganger mythos so maybe the show will answer these questions.

west64

west64

Loyal Viewer

Posted Aug 1, 2013 @ 2:34 AM

[I strongly] disliked Jeremy's resurrection. I just rolled my eyes when Bonnie brought him back. Okay, it's one thing to resurrect someone, but its another when you have the same person resurrected again over and over. He died and came back to life twice by Bonnie.

They did so much with Elena's journey after he died, that bringing Jeremy back felt like the entire second half of season 4 is now a waste now, If they never wanted Elena to lose her entire family, then Jeremy never should of died to begin with, now Stand by Me the entire episode is such a waste of time now.

Okay Elena has nobody, I get it, well so does Tyler, and nobody seems to care about his life. I think this is one of my major dislikes about season 4.

I don't hate Jeremy at all, but now I feel he will not add anything to the plot apart from talking to ghost Bonnie, and going to high school, as everyone else is in college now, that getting rid of him kinda made sense in one way.

Edited by TWoP Howard, Aug 2, 2013 @ 9:30 PM.
"I'm the only one" is boards on boards

MethodActor05

MethodActor05

Stalker

Posted Aug 3, 2013 @ 6:40 PM

So wait- I didn't catch the finale, but did Stefan actually take part in the graduation ceremony? I saw a promo picture that had Stefan wearing a graduation gown. The hell? I thought the show gave up on the pretense that Stefan actually went to Mystic Falls High in season 3.

Edited by MethodActor05, Aug 3, 2013 @ 6:40 PM.

luvprue1

luvprue1

Fanatic

Posted Aug 8, 2013 @ 4:40 AM

The spell was invented by Qetsya and Silas; I think Esther just learned it from her friend Ayana, who was Qetsya's descendant.

I thought Esther used Elena's blood so that Alaric's life would be bound to hers, not because of some special properties. After all, it should be the same as Tatia's blood, right? It doesnt explain why Alaric was stronger than even Klaus, tho. 

Actually it was Tatia's blood use to make the originals. So the blood of a doppelganger is what is use to make vampires,and was also use to suppress Klaus's werewolf side. I believe that Ester got the spell from Qetsya descendant, which would also indicate that Esther also knew how to make the cure. Esther mention turning her children back in season 3.  As for Alaric being stronger then Klaus , we can not be sure of that. Klaus was afraid of him mainly because Alaric had the one weapon that could kill him. Elijah never had a encounter with Alaric. So we can't say for sure Alaric was stronger, he might have just been evenly match, but with a weapon.

I do not understand how Alaric wound up on the other side. When he died and appear to Jeremy, in season 3,he didn't seem like he was still a vampire. Yet, he return and he a vampire and stuck on the other side? Why? Why did he wound up on the other side, and Jenna didn't? I mean, they said that Jenna wasn't on the other side because she didn't kill anyone. Well while Alaric drank Bonnie's blood, he didn't kill her. So far I do not remember him killing one human while he was a vampire, so he really shouldn't be on the other side.

I strongly] disliked Jeremy's resurrection. I just rolled my eyes when Bonnie brought him back. Okay, it's one thing to resurrect someone, but its another when you have the same person resurrected again over and over. He died and came back to life twice by Bonnie.

They did so much with Elena's journey after he died, that bringing Jeremy back felt like the entire second half of season 4 is now a waste now, If they never wanted Elena to lose her entire family, then Jeremy never should of died to begin with, now Stand by Me the entire episode is such a waste of time now.

Okay Elena has nobody, I get it, well so does Tyler, and nobody seems to care about his life. I think this is one of my major dislikes about season 4.

I don't hate Jeremy at all, but now I feel he will not add anything to the plot apart from talking to ghost Bonnie, and going to high school, as everyone else is in college now, that getting rid of him kinda made sense in one way.

I didn't like it neither. I mean, I think it cheapen the whole reason for Elena to change. Plus, wasn't Jeremy against Elena being a vampire,and vow to find a way to turn her back. Wasn't one of the reason why Elena (at prom) didn't want Jeremy to come back was being he was going to look for ways to change her back home,and she felt he wouldn't accept her as a vampire?

Plus everyone on the show have lost someone (mainly do to Damon and Stefan) . Tyler lost both his parents, and his uncle. Bonnie lost both her Grams,and her mother (vamp) But in TVD world Elena is the only feeling that matter. 

So wait- I didn't catch the finale, but did Stefan actually take part in the graduation ceremony? I saw a promo picture that had Stefan wearing a graduation gown. The hell? I thought the show gave up on the pretense that Stefan actually went to Mystic Falls High in season 3.

Yeah, Stefan graduated. The only one to miss the graduation was Rebecca, and Tyler

west64

west64

Loyal Viewer

Posted Aug 31, 2013 @ 8:11 AM

I didn't like it neither. I mean, I think it cheapen the whole reason for Elena to change. Plus, wasn't Jeremy against Elena being a vampire,and vow to find a way to turn her back. Wasn't one of the reason why Elena (at prom) didn't want Jeremy to come back was being he was going to look for ways to change her back home,and she felt he wouldn't accept her as a vampire?

Plus everyone on the show have lost someone (mainly do to Damon and Stefan) . Tyler lost both his parents, and his uncle. Bonnie lost both her Grams,and her mother (vamp) But in TVD world Elena is the only feeling that matter.

Thats so true, seems everything is about Elena, and how she feels. Killing him off now made sense, and worked, plus Elena is at college and moving on with her life, that Jeremy back is great, but why bother, if Elena isn't in mystic falls anywhere but in college. Poor Tyler is a real orphan has no siblings, yet were suppose to feel sorry for Elena more.

I suppose this means April could have more story left, since Jeremy is also in the high school.