13-11: "America's Next Top Model Is..." 2009.11.18

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

126 replies to this topic

TWoP Pembleton

TWoP Pembleton

Stalker

• Interests:Also known as Kim, one of your friendly recappers

Posted Nov 17, 2009 @ 12:08 PM

The final two girls must make every effort to impress the judges and nail their final CoverGirl commercial in Hawaii.

Neeney

Neeney

Fanatic

Posted Nov 18, 2009 @ 9:00 PM

Yay Nicole!

That's all.

But I did cry a bit when Laura didn't win.

SuddenlyISee

SuddenlyISee

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 18, 2009 @ 9:01 PM

"I learned how to embarrass myself" - Well said Nicole, well said.

Loved the runway show!!!

So happy Nicole won. Yay!

Edited by SuddenlyISee, Nov 18, 2009 @ 9:01 PM.

elfaba

elfaba

Just Tuned In

that was heartbreaking. this was the best f2 since Dani/Joanie
I wanted there to be a tie. they were both so good and pretty evenly matched

zippa98

zippa98

Video Archivist

I love Nicole. However, I wished Laura had won b/c it seems the ANTM winners all end up doing walmart campaigns and not doing that well. Hopefully, Nicole will brake that cycle.

sienna gold

sienna gold

Fanatic

The MOMENT everyone kept saying how they wanted Laura to win, I knew she wasn't going to. And my heart literally broke for her when Nicole's name was called, and she just stood there sobbing, all alone :(

But with that being said, she's going to be a fantastic model. As is Nicole. [congrats]. And I am still wondering how the heck Teyona won her cycle. Seriously.

dj118

dj118

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 18, 2009 @ 9:02 PM

Nicest top 2 ever. I hope for the best for both of them.

CrumbyButtons

CrumbyButtons

Stalker

• Interests:Gardening

Posted Nov 18, 2009 @ 9:02 PM

I think Laura should have won, but I knew Nicole was going to win from the "Nicole is insecure and Laura is confident" -- "rah rah Laura" edit. (That's right, editors, you didn't fool me!) Of the two of them (both being pretty crummy walkers), I thought Nicole was just a terrible walker. Signature walk, my ass.

Damn, their styling made them look scruffy and gross at panel! Loved Nicole's shoot with Tyra - Tyra trying desperately to get Nicole's hair out of her shot!

I loved the idea of the wind on the runway. Cool effect. Ugly clothes, though.

ladyclare

ladyclare

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 18, 2009 @ 9:03 PM

I am SHOCKED. I really thought they were going for a Laura win. Looking at Nicole's portfolio, it would have been nuts if she didn't win -- but this is ANTM of course. Nicole is stunning and will work TONS. Too bad she has to be associated with ANTM, though. She would have done just fine as a model even if she was eliminated the first week.

I did think Nicole's walk was really bad. It didn't look like a "signature walk", it just looked really weird and awkward. She can work on it though.

Did anyone else think it was totally scary when Ann Shoket appeared in the doorway at the house?!

Edited by ladyclare, Nov 18, 2009 @ 9:07 PM.

witchywoman

witchywoman

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 18, 2009 @ 9:04 PM

Okay, I've been hoping for a Nicole win for most of the season - but after seeing all the photos (well, almost all of them!), the commercial, and the runway show - Laura was robbed! Nicole's "signature walk" looked ridiculous - wanted to put a straight jacket on her to stop those shoulders. And Laura rocked the runway! Oh well, runner up usually does better than the winner anyway. Oh - and Teyona is still scary ugly!!

psychoticstate

psychoticstate

Fanatic

Posted Nov 18, 2009 @ 9:04 PM

While I was happy with either girl winning, and the editing monkeys were certainly making it look like a Nicole win, I do think Laura beat Nicole's tail off during the runway show. Much as I like Nicole, I didn't like her lumbering, hulking walk.

Don't worry, Laura. I'm sure someone will sign you!

Congrats, Nicole!

ETA: I can't believe I forgot to mention Teyona. When she came out of the "woods" of Hawaii, I kept thinking some hunter would shoot her with a dart gun and contact The Globe for his prize money. After not seeing her for an entire cycle, she got scarier looking (if that's possible). And I noted that her Cover Girl Lash Blast delivery hasn't improved since last cycle. Good call, Tyra!

Edited by psychoticstate, Nov 18, 2009 @ 9:14 PM.

Neutrinos

Neutrinos

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 18, 2009 @ 9:05 PM

Nicole = best winner of any cycle, when only the competition part of each winner's respective cycle is considered. I can't really say
she robbed anyone of a win. Good luck girl.

Also, the wind segment of the runway was AMAZING. In general, the runway was one of the better ones in the series.

Gambie

Gambie

Loyal Viewer

Darn - wanted Laura to win.

Nicole can now schlep down runways around the world. Good grief that was one clunky signature walk.

Oakwhiz

Oakwhiz

Video Archivist

Way to go Nicole!

This episode was so Laura heavy, I felt sure they were going to choose her. Against any other girl I would have chosen Laura. But I really thought Nicole stood out this season, and was glad she was chosen.

Notes: Why no baby pictures of Nicole? I have to admit, her runway walk wasn't good at all. And I hate that ugly dress she had to wear in the final. But I'm so happy she won!!!

LadyPenelope15

LadyPenelope15

Channel Surfer

Great cycle who comes to a great end...

First, let's tackle the editing... If I didn't know Nicole was winning from reading the spoilers, that bit in the beginning about her getting sooo much ot of this competition and growing up would have eased my doubts... Also the facts they started comparing pictures in the beginning made it painfully obvious that Laura didn't mesure up. Also, Laura and Nicole were edited to be seem more caty than they really were. One-on-ones with Tyra, a first since... cycle 6 or cycle 7 ??? Wow I guess she really cares (cut to me rolling my eyes) which leads me to ask just how many tearjerking moments is too much ? The episode was like eating a McSobby trio at McDonald's.

Is Laura dyslexic, cause I think they only mentionned it 2543 times in the episode. Nicole was awkward... shocker !!! (the eating in the bathroom alone was sad though, it made me like her more and hate Tyra more for forcing her to confess that on tv...)

Now, for the CG photoshoot, Nigel doing CG shot and CG commercial... seems like short cycle also means cheap cycle. The candids from Nicole's photo shoot are amazing, I blame Nigel for not capturing that... then again, I blame Nigel being Tyra's accomplice in ruining this show

Oh and after being a CG for 6 months, you'd think Teyona would know how to pronounce lash blast mascara... sadly no... As for the commercials themselves, Laura's accent was unbearable during the commercial and I'm not digging Jay's attitude during Nicole's shoot

Seventeen cover try : When I saw Ann Shoket and I had to puke, although I was back to see Gilles Bensimone shooting the 17 cover try which begs the questions : Is 17 allergic to pretty clothes. Thankfully, Ann Shoket presence's was like ripping a band aid, short and painful.

The much anticipated runway was nest. First of all, no it's not the first time, you've brought back girls Jay, just stop lying. There are always decoys... It's just the first time you're actually honest about it. I wasn't mad that they brought back the girls, Erin was a little bit stank... Her, Jen and Sundai are hating on Nicole... except for Brittany who actually says something constructive as opposed to, "I want her to win cause I like her". As for the runway itself, that was the best runway show in a long while but on the mehw side... Shoket was back, so was my nausea. In my opinion, Nicole started weak and ended strong, Laura started strong and ended average and weak on energy...

But alas, one girl still needed to be cut, which brings us to panel. Laura's dress at panel makes her look like she was mauled by a disco ball, Nicole's looked granma-ish and by the way, Miss Jay needs to put the crazy get ups to rest. Tyra saying that Laura's walk reminded her of Paris, it made me scream. "Tyra, have you seen Paris fashion week in the last decade, cause it looks nothing like Laura." When they review the pictures, it became clear the biracial shoot never happened... As they were talking about Laura's picture, I was wondering if they were looking at the same picture we were. Laura's CG shot is bad. period.

Deliberation was predictable... both girls are good but different, we've heard that 12 times already... still I love how they tried to make it seems as though Laura has a shot in hell of winning this competition. Tyra saying that Milan will love Nicole is pushing it, she's gorgeous but she's 5'7...

NICOLE WINS... didn't believe it until I saw it, but the best model won.. hands down.

Nicole is the first petite winner, yet taller than Eva... I love this show's contradictions. I hope they keep the let's pick a winner who has a shot of making it in Milan mindset for the next regular cycle. Sorry for the lenght...

edited cause too long and not coherent

Edited by LadyPenelope15, Nov 18, 2009 @ 9:49 PM.

morrigan2575

morrigan2575

Fanatic

Posted Nov 18, 2009 @ 9:06 PM

I thought for sure Laura would win, everyone kept favoring her. I have to say that Nicole's walk was horrible but I really thought Laura did a great job in the walk off.

I think Nicole was much better in the photo shoot and commercial, so I'm glad she won. I was very happy with the final two, they both deserved to be there but I liked Nicole from the start and was glad she won in the end.

dj118

dj118

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 18, 2009 @ 9:08 PM

Didnt like Nicoles runway dress. I think I wore the same thing to prom in the 70's.

zippa98

zippa98

Video Archivist

Nicole can now schlep down runways around the world. Good grief that was one clunky signature walk.

I doubt Nicole will be doing runway. Her fame will come from fashion magazines, which can make a lot if she can get the high fashion campaigns.

milkyaqua

milkyaqua

Stalker

I sort of wanted Laura to win because I think she needed it more but I'm happy for Nicole. Now let's hope Wilhelmina does right by her.

Thank goodness they cropped those CG pics from the ones released earlier. Still not great pics but much better when you don't see the full ones.

How much did Tyra have to pay for Gilles Bensimon to show-up again and is that where part of the budget went to?

Love Tyra and Co. putting Eddie Murphy in the finale description and then showing a flash of him taking a seat...heh.

The fashion show was okay and thankfully not over-the-top. Laura walked better than Nicole.

Teyona wasn't totally annoying.

This judging panel sounded reasonable. Color me surprised.

Congrats to Nicole and I'm sure Laura will get signed also. I won't be surprised if she wins the six month paid rent in NYC the Tyra Show is doing since she was leading that poll earlier. Remember, you have until 9PM PST to vote.

On to C14!

rustyspigot

rustyspigot

Fanatic

• Interests:TV and Sarcasm. And I love the bitches.

First of all, Teyona was a damn hot mess. It doesn't help when she pronounces the product "Lash Blasht". No wonder they kept her in the shadows for most of this cycle.

Neither Nicole or Laura looked good at final judging. Nicole's dress made me think it might be something Loretta Lynn would wear if she did a duet with Adam Lambert.

I loved how Nicole's hair out modeled Tyra at the winner photoshoot.

And yay, one last bitchy comment from Erin. Thank God, the show was so saccharin without her.

spanana

spanana

Stalker

Laura wasn't robbed IMO. They didn't show the girls whole portfolios for a reason. Of course they have to pick at least one shot where Laura did better. I also hated Laura's CG shot. Hated.

Laura did do better on the runway, but considering their heights, how much runway are these chicas going to be doing anyway? Nicole can be taught as she seems to be a quick study.

So glad the girl I wanted to win finally won. Felt bad for Laura when she lost though.

Kanine

Kanine

Fanatic

Posted Nov 18, 2009 @ 9:09 PM

Oh, watching Laura lose broke my heart. I think Nicole is fabulous as hell and totally deserved it, but they've both been my favorites from the start and it was just so... ugh.

Laura just makes the world a better place. "What are you thinking of?" "Milkshakes! And baby cats!". I'll miss having her on my TV.

But enough eulogies; yay Nicole! Best winner ever. I could not get over how gorgeous she looked all episode and I didn't mind the "signature walk" - I kind of saw Tyra's point about how she made it her own. It reminded me of Kristen McMenamy.

But yes; best winner ever, best final two ever, first watchable finale ever - who'd have thought so many good things would come out of the cycle we all thought was such a joke?

Oakwhiz

Oakwhiz

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 18, 2009 @ 9:12 PM

LadyPen I loved reading your play by play!

Laura's dress at panel makes her look like she was mauled by a disco ball, Nicole's is granma-ish

Those dresses were hideous! Most horrible looking dresses in a finale ever, hands down.

Nicole's dress made me think it might be something Loretta Lynn would wear if she did a duet with Adam Lambert.

Love your line rustyspigot!

Edited by Oakwhiz, Nov 18, 2009 @ 9:19 PM.

LadyPenelope15

LadyPenelope15

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 18, 2009 @ 9:21 PM

Those dresses were hideous! Worst looking dresses in a finale, hands down.

Agreed, yet still better than the bikinis they had last cycles, that was weird and ridiculous looking... As for Laura being robbed... I mean... come on what cycle have you been watching ??? Nicole outperformed her week after week. Laura's commercial was good only compared to the disaster train wreck that was her last commercial... Nicole did fair in both commercials, not awesome, but then again it's not like CG is gonna let her talk in an actual commercial...

I agreed that Nicole first walk was... peculiar. What I'm saying is I think that if you would have put the Hulk in high heel and made him walk down a runway it would have look like Nicole's walk... That being said her third walk was better and Laura's third lacked a little bit of energy which is weird cause she's usually full of it. Actually, Laura was the only overjoyed always happy hamster I didn't find totally annoying, ever... so I felt a little pinch when she lost but I think that the people who think she was robbed are letting her personality overshadow her average portfolio and average modeling potential.

Liked Laura, loved Nicole and I'm going to bed a happy camper...

jammerakwaii

jammerakwaii

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 18, 2009 @ 9:27 PM

Nicole's first walk was hilarious BUT I don't think any of the girls this season will have a future in runway anyway! LOL.

Overall, a good season. Nicole deserved it. Laura deserved all the praises she got. I wish both all the best because in the real modeling world it it will be more cruel.

I just want to see the photos of Nicole with Tyra!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the losergirll

the losergirll

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 18, 2009 @ 9:33 PM

I'll admit I felt sad when Laura started to cry,

but yay Nicole! You owned this season!

Both of them will do well. I wish both of them luck in the future.

Man Ann Shoket scared me when she jumped into the house like HEYYYYY LADIESSS , she needs to go away.

Teyona the Terrible-Looking had to return to my TV screen. How the heck did she take "good photos" and win again?

Edited by the losergirll, Nov 18, 2009 @ 9:34 PM.

isleofglass

isleofglass

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 18, 2009 @ 9:39 PM

Nicole = stunning + couture
Laura = pretty + catalog

I think Laura is a sweet girl and she has made her family very proud but Nicole's photos were incredible.

Neutrinos

Neutrinos

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 18, 2009 @ 9:44 PM

I just want to see the photos of Nicole with Tyra!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll have to wait to see the results, but I think the girl may have even out-modeled Tyra there. Her hair said, "Thas right, get out of my ****ing way!"

Ivana Tinkle

Ivana Tinkle

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 18, 2009 @ 9:59 PM

ETA: I can't believe I forgot to mention Teyona. When she came out of the "woods" of Hawaii, I kept thinking some hunter would shoot her with a dart gun and contact The Globe for his prize money. After not seeing her for an entire cycle, she got scarier looking (if that's possible). And I noted that her Cover Girl Lash Blast delivery hasn't improved since last cycle. Good call, Tyra!

This made my day. HA!

First time my favorite has won since cycle 6 (okay fine, I kinda pulled for a Caridee win...what of it?). I thought the final runway show was an amazing concept, and the best one they've done since...hmm, cycle 6 again. Boy, has it really been six shitty winners in a row? I have to say, aside from the Captain Smize episode, this has been one of the most enjoyable cycles since...well, you know. But seriously, I have to say I have loved all of the photo shoots, I found the top six to be mostly accurate and deserving, and I didn't overly hate anyone the way I have in cycles past.

Oh, Erin. "Well, aside from me..." You keep on keeping on, you little she-devil. You made this cycle infinitely more entertaining (not to mention provided a bountiful supply of evil looks for Rich @ FourFour to pull Satanic screen shots of you).

I have to admit, as thrilled as I am with Nicole's win, my heart broke for Laura. She has to be the sweetest contestant this show has ever had. I truly hope she finds success after this show, because she deserves any great thing that comes her way. I adore her, and fuck you Nigel for mocking her for thinking of milkshakes instead of a boyfriend. Who cares? Not everyone is a perverted little minion like you.

Finally, TeyonaRaptor. You had two lines to deliver, and couldn't even get through that? Oy. Hopefully, now that she's fulfilled her required appearance, she can fade away, Naima style.

Oh, one more thing. I thought Tyra looked beautiful when she was talking to the girls (the last time I remember her doing that was cycle 8), and I would kill for that turquoise necklace she was wearing.

Edited by Ivana Tinkle, Nov 18, 2009 @ 10:01 PM.

Catzi

Catzi

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 18, 2009 @ 10:00 PM

I can't believe Nicole won! There is justice in ANTM world! After Saleisha and Whitney, I thought for sure ANTM was just drawing names from a hat, but this completely changes things. =D