Jersey Shore

• Please log in to reply

10031 replies to this topic

generica78

generica78

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 26, 2012 @ 3:21 AM

Did anyone else notice that the Police called Snooki "Nicole" when fishing them out of the water?

On that note can someone please explain a couple of policing points to me?

Why is it illegal to swim out of certain hours? Here (Australia), I'm pretty sure the beaches are all public spaces. If you want to swim at 4am, go for it. It's certainly not advised, but no way you'd get arrested. Why is swimming (or even paddling) illegal after certain hours in NJ?

Why are you not allowed to ride a mini-bike while drunk, but allowed to push it around? There's no way you'd be able to be pushed around like that drunk in public here. You're still in control of a vehicle and as such would be booked for operating a vehicle under the influence.

It seems quite weird that they were allowed to hoon around on a min-bike in a crowd, causing danger to others, but not allowed to wade in water at 4am.

cookie jar

cookie jar

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 26, 2012 @ 4:33 AM

The stalker storyline is boring but I did love Jenni imitating the stalker. Apparently, she's stalked a bunch of people including Bill Clinton and Johnny Depp in the past. She seems to have a mental problem, yes.

I wonder how much of the episode will be about their camping next week. I hope most of it but it could either be incredibly boring and quite entertaining. Hoping for the latter.

ScrubMonkey

ScrubMonkey

Fanatic

Posted Feb 26, 2012 @ 5:25 AM

generica78: I think they want to keep the beaches clear for people's safety. People could go swimming while drunk, or someone could be lurking and rob them or worse. A public beach at 4 AM is not a safe place to be. Also, they might have a problem with the homeless population sleeping there, or people hanging out and doing drugs there at night.

Pauly's "stalker" story line annoys me. I'm guessing its a major dud since no one else here is mentioning it.

It's a dud. She's obviously just a fan they pulled out of the large crowd that probably follows the filming if they see it going on. If the fan showed up in his shower or something, then they should be worried. Standing on the boardwalk, not so much. And she seemed on the autism spectrum, possibly, to me. I think she was not aware what was going on and probably thought it was cool she was on Tv.

Libby1975

Libby1975

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 26, 2012 @ 6:48 AM

On the matter of the "stalker" I have two thoughts: this is at least the third time they have referred to someone as a 'stalker' and the other two were just instances of a young female following someone around a club, probably at the behest of the producers. Having had a stalker, I can tell you there's a world of difference between the REAL terror of middle-of-the-night phone calls, breathtaking invasions of privacy (someone going through your garbage, stealing your mail, watching you from a car parked outside the house) and all those other delightful items in the Stalker Box of Tricks vs. having someone you're not interested in eyeing you up from across a nightclub.

Apparently, she's stalked a bunch of people including Bill Clinton and Johnny Depp in the past. She seems to have a mental problem, yes.

Second, if it's true this girl has real mental problems, this show has descended to a whole new level of douchebaggery by using her in this way. She got a Pauly tattoo reportedly -- once again, was this at the behest of some producer? Did the production company pay for it? It's one thing to turn a bunch of consenting, well-paid, drunken loons into a sideshow, but quite another to sweep up someone who might not have much in the way of defences into this exploitative foolishness. I have a horrible feeling this might end the same way things did when Paula Abdul's stalker showed up at an Idol audition -- and in case you've forgotten, the girl killed herself in front of Paula's house.

Edited by Libby1975, Feb 26, 2012 @ 11:42 AM.

Libby1975

Libby1975

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 26, 2012 @ 6:48 AM

double post. Oopsie.

Edited by Libby1975, Feb 26, 2012 @ 10:06 AM.

Talk that Talk

Talk that Talk

Just Tuned In

Posted Feb 26, 2012 @ 7:25 AM

Funniest episode in a minute. Loved when Ronnie was talking about annoying girlfriends to roger. Sam's face was priceless.

The "stalker" is a real stalker. Her facebook is loaded with her stalking celebrities to take a picture with them. Funny thing is she took a photo with pauly d already.

ScrubMonkey

ScrubMonkey

Fanatic

Posted Feb 26, 2012 @ 8:15 AM

If all she does is get a photo with them, isn't that a fan? Some fans will wait outside a place to get an autograph or a photo. They shouldn't use a word like "stalker" lightly, in my opinion.

diorella78

diorella78

Fanatic

Posted Feb 26, 2012 @ 10:12 AM

I understand the seriousness of actual stalking, but when I was in high school and college, I threw around the word "stalker": left and right. Any guy who skeeved me out? "omg, stalker, stop talking to me." Usually the word, at least in my area, was thrown around more to shame someone into stop 1. staring at you 2. trying to hit on you or 3. trying to worm in a group somehow (which is why we also said it in regard to other females.)

Immature, yep. But I'm not taken aback they dubbed this girl a 'stalker'....also because to me she looks totally cray cray with her eyes and weird silent following. I mentioned before, if she's not all with it 'upstairs' or has some problems, I'm sorry for her and disgusted by MTV. The Johnny Depp/Bill Clinton thing is just kind of sad; but there again, I never understood the need for 'celeb' autographs and photos or trolling around waiting to get them. JMO.

Edited by diorella78, Feb 26, 2012 @ 10:15 AM.

StarryDreamer

StarryDreamer

Fanatic

Posted Feb 26, 2012 @ 10:36 AM

Why is it illegal to swim out of certain hours? Here (Australia), I'm pretty sure the beaches are all public spaces. If you want to swim at 4am, go for it. It's certainly not advised, but no way you'd get arrested. Why is swimming (or even paddling) illegal after certain hours in NJ?

As was said above, there are probably local ordinances that prevent swimming for safety purposes. If you have a bylaw that prevents it, and you cage it up, then you won't have to worry (as much) about boardwalk drunks drowning and potential lawsuits.

Why are you not allowed to ride a mini-bike while drunk, but allowed to push it around? There's no way you'd be able to be pushed around like that drunk in public here. You're still in control of a vehicle and as such would be booked for operating a vehicle under the influence.

Part technicality and part misunderstanding. Technically you can't drive a motorized vehicle under the influence. Thus they figured since it's not motorized, they were safe. Wrong. You can, theoretically, get a DUI for riding a bike drunk, thus their reasoning was wrong.

pigeoninthepark

pigeoninthepark

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 26, 2012 @ 10:51 AM

There is no Stalker...I see her and I immediately think the Producers bought her that cap and shirt and are telling her where to go and how to catch up with Pauly.

The girls is a professional celebrity "chaser". Google her. Vanessa Sky Ellis. I read an article that she apparently has an entire Facebook album dedicated to all the "celebrities" she has met. This is also not the first time she has tried to meet the JS cast. It's just the first time MTV has decided to create a storyline out of it.

njmama

njmama

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 26, 2012 @ 3:43 PM

I find it both creepy and sad. The girl looks a bit...."special" to me, so I didn't really want to rag on her. The whole thing is weird IMO. She's either in on the joke, or otherwise MTV is shit for 1. shaming someone for kicks 2. participating in a mentally unwell person's embarrassment on tv and enabling a possible Criminal Minds-like future storyline.

Me too! She's def creepy looking but I don't think she's a threat to anyone. Did you see the boardwalk whenever they show her? There are hundreds of people following their every move with their cell phones taking pics, esp at night. She's just head to toe in Pauly D garb so producers probably pulled her aside and asked if she'd like to meet him/be on the show (or something of that nature). I started to feel really bad for her though and it got uncomfortable to watch since it does seem like the elevator doesn't go to the top floor with her.

What is with the girls of this show needing their men all to themselves?? By this I mean Jennie and Snookie. Whenever they come home from the club, they immediately sequester themselves to a bedroom and never just 'hang out' with the rest of the house for a little while. I enjoyed that scene with Roger and Ron just talking outside, eating, having some laughs till Jennie started throwing shit off the roof to them. Roger's pretty down to earth and funny! I actually saw him at our local supermarket. Hard to miss a tall guy with a red bandana over spikey hair and Ed Hardyish workout clothes.

EndoKE

EndoKE

Fanatic

Posted Feb 26, 2012 @ 3:52 PM

The girls is a professional celebrity "chaser". Google her. Vanessa Sky Ellis. I read an article that she apparently has an entire Facebook album dedicated to all the "celebrities" she has met. This is also not the first time she has tried to meet the JS cast. It's just the first time MTV has decided to create a storyline out of it.

I wouldn't be surprised if MTV paid her to play the role of a stalker. She might be just another fame-whore.

cookie jar

cookie jar

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 26, 2012 @ 6:57 PM

What is with the girls of this show needing their men all to themselves?? By this I mean Jennie and Snookie. Whenever they come home from the club, they immediately sequester themselves to a bedroom and never just 'hang out' with the rest of the house for a little while. I enjoyed that scene with Roger and Ron just talking outside, eating, having some laughs till Jennie started throwing shit off the roof to them. Roger's pretty down to earth and funny! I actually saw him at our local supermarket. Hard to miss a tall guy with a red bandana over spikey hair and Ed Hardyish workout clothes.

In their defense (I know, I know...), they don't get their men to themselves during shooting at all. Can't go to the guy's place and stuff and whenever they're actually at the house is the only time they can spend together. Jenni doesn't give off the vibe that she doesn't let Roger hang out with his friends otherwise. Roger's also apparently working lots and lots of hours, so... With Snooki, I don't know 'cause she's seriously fucked up. Then again, it doesn't seem as if her roommates would like to hang out with Jionni as much. Jenni was tired and hoped she could get it in before she fell asleep but Snooki was... I can't even think of a word. What the hell? Let your dude sleep off his alcohol intake!

Babiicakes

Babiicakes

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 26, 2012 @ 9:22 PM

Yeah, I give Jenni a pass because she doesn't get to see Roger much and it's not like she wanted to have sex and he didn't. She was just taking too long in the bathroom so he hung out with the roommates until she was done. I think time got away from him, especially once he had some food in front of him lol, and didn't realize he'd been out there that long.The editing was also really fudged. Roger wore a black and white checkered shirt with light shoes but when they show the night vision footage where he's talking to Ron and then asks Jenni if he can go have a drink with him, he's wearing a solid colored shirt with dark shoes and Jenni's already wearing a t-shirt and shorts and no shoes. Once he's already outside they show Jenni walking upstairs to the smush room, still in her club outfit, saying "You gotta be kidding me." After that, they show Jenni in a t-shirt in shorts again but with her thigh high boots still on and you can see her dress on the bed sometimes.

Snooki has no excuse though, Jionni must have told her at least three times that he was sick/didn't feel well/needed something to eat, etc. I think her main motivation is a combination of having astonishingly low self-esteem that can only be boosted by sex and wanting to limit any interaction between Mike and Jionni though.

ScrubMonkey

ScrubMonkey

Fanatic

Posted Feb 26, 2012 @ 10:18 PM

Speaking of Jenni and the bed. What was with once again - no sheets?

Jay Bee

Jay Bee

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 26, 2012 @ 11:23 PM

Pauly's "stalker" story line annoys me. I'm guessing its a major dud since no one else here is mentioning it.

I came on this forum after not logging in for a few days to specifically discuss this story line. First of all its played out. How many times are they going to run the stalker story line?? Pauly had a stalker, Vinny had a stalker, Mike had a stalker. We get it those people are famous and people follow them around. Big effing deal.
What bothers me the most about "Pauly's stalker" is that the girl looks like she is special needs or is perhaps a little slow. (Actually Pauly is a little slow too but that's another story) If this girl is special needs then shame on the producers for using her in that manner.

Edited to add. I saw up thread this woman name and I googled it. I also saw this Interview and I am totally convinced that this girl is mentally challenged.

Edited by Jay Bee, Feb 26, 2012 @ 11:53 PM.

LucyJJane

LucyJJane

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 27, 2012 @ 3:13 AM

I find it both creepy and sad.

She's beyond sad and creepy. Her entire facebook is devoted to her "DJ Pauly D Stalker" storyline. Vanessa Sky Ellis facebook

Per her 'fan page' description: Right now you can see me on season 5 episode 6 of Jersey Shore. Im taking over Sea Side as the new DJ Pauly D stalker! Come meet me at his next NYC events!

It's possibly the most pathetic thing I have ever seen...there are pictures of her with Italian flag nails and Snooki bows, multiple pictures of her with Pauly D, and one of the comments from her was "I was lucky enough to become famous from being his fan."

The sad thing is, 144 people have liked it...WTF?

ETA: I think it's also clear from that interview that the producers picked her out of the crowd randomly and then put her on tv when they realized they had potential comedy gold. I can't believe she has a Pauly D tattoo.

Edited by LucyJJane, Feb 27, 2012 @ 3:21 AM.

EndoKE

EndoKE

Fanatic

Posted Feb 27, 2012 @ 12:07 PM

I don't know if she's "special needs" or just another fame-whore who wants camera time and figures playing "stalker" is the best way to get it.

Ernestina27

Ernestina27

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 27, 2012 @ 4:11 PM

She says on that Facebook page that she went down there and "they" got the "part"....which indicates to me that it was pretty much a casting call.

As I said, I know someone who was in Italy during filming and the crew told him, "step back, we have to make this look real". It's all BS.....

It's fair to say I don't really watch anymore.

ish

ish

Fanatic

Posted Feb 27, 2012 @ 4:34 PM

There is something about Mike inspite of his shit stirring ways that is kind of sweet as evidenced by his cooking for Roger and the crew. I think he goes about things the wrong way, but so much of the bullshit this group gets caught up in wouldn't even exist if all of them would just keep their mouths shut about stuff that is none of their business. Mike is a big offender, but they all repeat shit and half the time repeat it inaccurately. If they don't want their business spread around, keep it to themselves. Jeez you learn that shit in grade school.

I liked Vinny's subtle suggestion to Snooki "I guess you'll want to take a shower?" Maybe he does have standards!!

Traylee

Traylee

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 27, 2012 @ 5:03 PM

Edited to add. I saw up thread this woman name and I googled it. I also saw this Interview and I am totally convinced that this girl is mentally challenged.

In what way? She seems to be having a damn ball with her newfound semi-celebrity status and was fully aware that it was all in fun and that there was some producer fuckery to make her seem a little crazier. I saw nothing to indicate sheís either dangerous or mentally challenged in any way. She seems like just another silly, celebrity obsessed, young person trying to get her 15 minutes on.

I guess I donít get why itís so unfathomable that Jionni would be with Snooki when we see women lining up around the corner to be the 200th woman to sleep with MVP this week. I donít question that any number of those girls would gladly enter into a relationship with them, so I just really donít see the difference. Theyíre all pretty gross.

For the person doing a paper-I love this show! It reminds me of my 20s although I wasn't quite as crazy as this crew. Still I would never have wanted my 20s on tape! My favorites are Pauly and Jenni. These are real people whether or not the show is. They aren't perfect and in many ways seem over the top, but they entertain me, make me laugh and I'm rooting for their success.

So ditto! I watch this show because it cracks me up. You couldnít pay me to care if Snooki is an alcoholic or if Mike is addicted to sex. This isnít Intervention and Iím not watching it for that nor do I want to see this show turned into a serious documentary. It reminds me of my gang of friends at that age and our exploits, and it makes me laugh. Iím sometimes disgusted but mostly entertained. Thatís all I ask from TV. Iíd also be lying if I said I didnít admire their brashness. I love that the girls, as straight nasty as they can be, just donít give a fuck, that theyíre not these girly, basic bitches running around worrying about their nails and obsessing over Gucci, Louis, Fendi, Prada. Thatís a nice change of pace from reality shows these days.
Another thing is that I genuinely like all of them, even Snooki and Vinny. Oh, theyíre all fantastic assholes, but I enjoy them for what they are.

cookie jar

cookie jar

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 27, 2012 @ 6:30 PM

There is something about Mike inspite of his shit stirring ways that is kind of sweet as evidenced by his cooking for Roger and the crew. I think he goes about things the wrong way, but so much of the bullshit this group gets caught up in wouldn't even exist if all of them would just keep their mouths shut about stuff that is none of their business. Mike is a big offender, but they all repeat shit and half the time repeat it inaccurately. If they don't want their business spread around, keep it to themselves. Jeez you learn that shit in grade school.

Mike said in one of the dailies that he likes to be hated. That's obviously fucked up but I guess deep down he is a nice guy who simply has some serious issues. He was also talking about the fact that the roommates immediately thought it was him who ate the cake but ackowledged that he's screwed up mutltiple times in the past and that's what you get. They do make him appear to be worse than he actually is, I think. I don't know. I think he's alright which especially shows with his taking care of Roger in the most recent episode. They're all messed up, though.

What I don't really get is why Pauly has distanced himself that much from Mike. Because Pauly realized fans are turning against Mike? Or is he genuinely annoyed by him? Possibly. He doesn't really get involved with any drama. I though their friendship was fun in season 1 and 2, though.

diorella78

diorella78

Fanatic

Posted Feb 28, 2012 @ 3:48 AM

I guess I don’t get why it’s so unfathomable that Jionni would be with Snooki when we see women lining up around the corner to be the 200th woman to sleep with MVP this week. I don’t question that any number of those girls would gladly enter into a relationship with them, so I just really don’t see the difference. They’re all pretty gross.

I think the answer is in your statement.....we see women lining up DTF....but Jionni is supposedly a "serious" (bwah!) boyfriend and the way Snooki disrespects a person she supposedly has feelings for is ridiculous. Im not sure if Mike or Pauly, etc, actually found a woman to actually be serious with they would burp and fart at them, blatantly cheat on camera, disrespect their wishes publicly or be a general pig etc. Of course, we don't know this, but simply based on Mike's better treatment of Paula we have some idea. Snooki treats Jionni like a cheap rent boy instead of a 'fiancee'. She makes a big effing deal about how Jionni should be there for her, "he's her boyfriend" and all that crap and she acts as if she's single anyway. YMMV

Edited by diorella78, Feb 28, 2012 @ 3:51 AM.

diorella78

diorella78

Fanatic

Posted Feb 28, 2012 @ 3:49 AM

double post

Edited by diorella78, Feb 28, 2012 @ 3:50 AM.

cookie jar

cookie jar

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 28, 2012 @ 9:47 AM

Right. Aside from Ron and Sammi's fucked up relationship, we've seen everyone make a difference when they're serious about someone. Even MVP in their strange way. But that's definitely not the case with Snooki and Jionni. Even if we ignore the Mike hook-up and the Vinny hook-up in Italy, he doesn't get treated like someone who is loved. And it's not like we've seen Snooki be like this with every guy she likes. I don't really get it. Unless of course he's seriously a paid dude which is, of course, another issue entirely but it'd make more sense if he doesn't get his feelings trampled as someone who's in love with someone who treats you like shit.

The editing was also really fudged. Roger wore a black and white checkered shirt with light shoes but when they show the night vision footage where he's talking to Ron and then asks Jenni if he can go have a drink with him, he's wearing a solid colored shirt with dark shoes and Jenni's already wearing a t-shirt and shorts and no shoes. Once he's already outside they show Jenni walking upstairs to the smush room, still in her club outfit, saying "You gotta be kidding me." After that, they show Jenni in a t-shirt in shorts again but with her thigh high boots still on and you can see her dress on the bed sometimes.

Ugh, yes! I noticed that too. Bugs the hell out of me. It'd be one thing to edit out a few seconds for timing but at least stay chronological, man. Is it safe to say it was two different nights? The night Roger knocked the guy to the floor and another night entirely where Roger lost track of time? Or am I confused now?

ish

ish

Fanatic

Posted Feb 28, 2012 @ 9:52 AM

Of course, we don't know this, but simply based on Mike's better treatment of Paula we have some idea.

I think the way Mike treats Paula is very sweet. He certainly is more respectful of her than Snooki is to Jionni. I notice he doesn't kick her out of bed and send her home 5 minutes after getting it in as he (and Pauly/Vinnie) does with other girls. Paula is very laid back also, doesn't seem to get into all the drama and is smart enough to keep her mouth shut in front of Sam and Jenni, and not giving them anything to use against her or Mike. Maybe these two crazy kids can work it out and be happy!!

robthomaseyes

robthomaseyes

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 28, 2012 @ 7:23 PM

Sorry, but I don't see Mike as being respectful of Paula; not when less than 5 minutes after she's gone, he's practically begging Snookie for a blow job on camera! Yuck! Any woman that marries that pig has to know he's not even going to bother being faithful. He's basically showing that side of him to the world, willingly. Talking about "wifing up" Paula and then asking Snookie for blow jobs!

Babiicakes

Babiicakes

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 28, 2012 @ 8:27 PM

Ugh, yes! I noticed that too. Bugs the hell out of me. It'd be one thing to edit out a few seconds for timing but at least stay chronological, man. Is it safe to say it was two different nights? The night Roger knocked the guy to the floor and another night entirely where Roger lost track of time? Or am I confused now?

I think parts if it were obviously cut from a different night but I'm not completely sure which ones or why. Roger was definitely wearing the checkered shirt in the club, when they got in the taxi, when they got to the house and walked straight back to the the girls' room and when he was outside eating with the roommates so I'm pretty sure that all happened during the same night. The night vision footage is probably from some other random night, especially since they made extra sure to never show Roger and Ronnie together during their conversation. It'd go back and forth between Roger in the dark room wearing a solid shirt to Ronnie out in the lit hallway and then, eventually, Roger walking out the room in the checkered shirt making the half pint joke about Ron. If I had to guess, they came home, went to her room and then had to vacate to the smush room for some reason. I wouldn't be surprised if Jenni's "you gotta me kidding me" is because she wanted to be in her room but Snooki was already there with Jionni so she headed upstairs and Roger wandered off.

cookie jar

cookie jar

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 29, 2012 @ 5:15 AM

That makes sense. Also, when Jenni was confronting the stalker, she was wearing different outfits as well. So annoying.

Sorry, but I don't see Mike as being respectful of Paula; not when less than 5 minutes after she's gone, he's practically begging Snookie for a blow job on camera! Yuck! Any woman that marries that pig has to know he's not even going to bother being faithful. He's basically showing that side of him to the world, willingly. Talking about "wifing up" Paula and then asking Snookie for blow jobs!

Right, they're a different kind of disrepectful than Snooki. Didn't Pauly also cheat on Rocio or whatever her name was - or would have if something hadn't gone wrong? These people are incapable of being normal or loyal, apparently. But Mike does treat Paula differently than other girls. However, they are all pigs.

ish

ish

Fanatic

Posted Feb 29, 2012 @ 8:21 AM

Sorry, but I don't see Mike as being respectful of Paula

I'm not saying Mike isn't as big a pig as the others, but I was comparing the way he treats her when they are together as to the way Snooki treats Jionni and Vinny and Pauly treat their "date" for the evening.

Mike and Paula are not "boyfriend/girlfriend" in the manner of Jenni/Roger. I doubt they have any commitment to each other. Snooki and Jionni are supposed to be in an exclusive relationship, yet she treats him like shit. Mike is a free agent as is Paula, though I do sense there is a deeper connection. Mike also is aware of the entertainment aspect of the show and may want to maintain his image on camera, hence the continued pursuit of Snooki. The "did Snooki blow him or not" controversy is ongoing and Mike is working it for all the dramatics he can. I suspect Snooki is also playing along for the camera.