Jersey Shore

• Please log in to reply

10031 replies to this topic

ninakix

ninakix

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 22, 2011 @ 7:02 PM

I don't know, I was a virgin way past what's considered "normal," (my mid 20s) and my first thought when I saw her was she seemed wayy too comfortable being in some dude's bed to still be a virgin. Maybe the alcohol helped, but still.

zenme

zenme

Fanatic

Posted Aug 22, 2011 @ 7:05 PM

Maybe she's a cocktease that's satisfied with whatever sexual experience she's had and has decided to keep her virginity as a "prize" to some guy who thinks she's a keeper.

Kinley

Kinley

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 22, 2011 @ 8:35 PM

she seemed wayy too comfortable being in some dude's bed to still be a virgin.

Throughout the episode I was thinking that maybe that is a running joke with her sister or something. Maybe something they say to guys to make them want her more or something, I don't know, just a thought. I know it is possible for a girl to act that way and still be a virgin, but it is highly unlikely. She either isn't a virgin by choice (or one at all) or she cuts things off when it gets to a certain limit. The latter is totally possible but the reason I do not think that is/was the case is because she was hammered. I did not get the impression that going out and getting totally twisted was an isolated event. I mean can she really expect to maintain her clear head while drinking her ass off (to the point of obvious oblivion) and uphold her virginity at the same time?

So what was Jenni's business called? Anymore information? I didn't know that she was in the graphic design business. I thought (I read & also assumed) that she was working at a club. I vaguely remember reading a blog entry from a guy whose brother dated Jenni a year or so before she hit it big with the JS. It could have been completely fake or exaggerated (did anybody else read this?) but I recall him saying she worked at a club/bar in the VIP area and was really obsessive which is basically how I picture her when thinking of her life before JS.

Very surprised to hear that Mike worked in mortgage. Honestly, though annoying as hell, I think Pauly is the only one I like. He seems like the only one (other than maybe Vinny) who doesn't let the fame get to his head. He takes the opportunities he is given and is thankful for that but he capitalizes his talents based on the show, not just him as a brand. He doesn't use MTV logos and shit like that for his advertising (though that is how we all know him) and I saw his backstage rider and it was relatively normal compared to some of the others I've seen.

I, sadly, watched Snooki's E! True Hollywood Story (ytf does she have one) and it was mentioned that after the first season of the show she went back to working at the animal hospital and going to school but quickly realized that the show reached a far bigger audience than she thought.

Edited by Kinley, Aug 22, 2011 @ 8:38 PM.

zenme

zenme

Fanatic

Posted Aug 22, 2011 @ 8:38 PM

I was shocked Ronnie was in real estate. I thought we saw his apartment in season 1 perhaps, where he supposedly lives with his brothers and mother...Is this correct? The apartment wasn't anything I would think people in real estate would have...

OnceSane

OnceSane

Fanatic

Posted Aug 22, 2011 @ 9:37 PM

Maybe he's bad at his job?

esearcher

esearcher

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 22, 2011 @ 10:05 PM

So what was Jenni's business called? Anymore information? I didn't know that she was in the graphic design business. I thought (I read & also assumed) that she was working at a club. I vaguely remember reading a blog entry from a guy whose brother dated Jenni a year or so before she hit it big with the JS. It could have been completely fake or exaggerated (did anybody else read this?) but I recall him saying she worked at a club/bar in the VIP area and was really obsessive which is basically how I picture her when thinking of her life before JS.

I believe this is correct. She was a graphic designer (my guess is club promotion flyers), club promoter AND club/bar worker. In fact, when asked about how she got her name, she said she got it while working at a club, and every time she walked past the DJ booth, the dj would say "J - WOOOW" or something like that.

I was shocked Ronnie was in real estate. I thought we saw his apartment in season 1 perhaps, where he supposedly lives with his brothers and mother...Is this correct? The apartment wasn't anything I would think people in real estate would have...

I noticed that too. I kind of assumed that "real estate" was more of an embellishment and he worked as an adjustor or inspector, or something like that. That said, I have no idea what an adjustor or inspector makes.

Babiicakes

Babiicakes

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 23, 2011 @ 12:14 AM

No problem zenme. I assumed that he did some kind of flipping or maybe property management but I found an article that said his parents live in the Lehigh Valley (I thought they still live in the Bronx) and that he lived with them for a little bit then went off to school and eventually got his real estate and broker's license. Who knew Ronnie had it in him!

Kinley, like esearcher said, Jenni was a graphic designer and a club promoter. Her business was just called Jenni Farley Designs, Inc. Before she revamped her website after the show blew up she had a couple of samples of her work on there. I found a website that said she listed her specialties as "murals, website design, brochures, business cards and motion graphics". I do remember that random guy with a blog claiming she was obsessed with him or something. It felt pretty exaggerated lol.

SyncMaster

SyncMaster

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 23, 2011 @ 12:45 AM

Ha, I would have guessed that Ronnie's involvement in real estate consisted of him mopping floors and moving furniture.

OnceSane

OnceSane

Fanatic

Posted Aug 23, 2011 @ 1:07 AM

I do remember that random guy with a blog claiming she was obsessed with him or something.

I remember that blog...I think she was obsessed with the guy's friend, not the guy who wrote the blog. I also remember thinking it was a bit exaggerated; but to be fair, when I think of stories I've heard about 'crazy-obsessed-stalker' girlfriends/boyfriends...it has some similarities and, thus, potentially an iota of truth.

Strega

Strega

Network Executive

Posted Aug 23, 2011 @ 7:43 PM

If you don't always check the homepage, be aware that weecaps of the show are here.

Gudio21

Gudio21

Just Tuned In

Posted Aug 24, 2011 @ 12:11 AM

Have people seen this fake movie trailer? Rise of the Planet of the Guidos http://youtu.be/Z2t8OhZWMzo pretty hilarious!

Persnickety13

Persnickety13

Fanatic

Posted Aug 24, 2011 @ 6:35 AM

I remember that blog...I think she was obsessed with the guy's friend, not the guy who wrote the blog. I also remember thinking it was a bit exaggerated; but to be fair, when I think of stories I've heard about 'crazy-obsessed-stalker' girlfriends/boyfriends...it has some similarities and, thus, potentially an iota of truth.

I read and remember parts of that blog, too. Wasn't the author the younger brother of the guy she was obsessed with? I dunno...could have been exaggerated but it had a pretty resounding ring of truth to certain elements, too.

I haven't read up on the entire thread yet but after learning Rhoid-Ron is in real estate, does anybody if Sammi does anything to earn a living? Or do anything at all besides straightening her hair, doing her makeup and sleeping? I don't think I've heard anything about her. And, FWIW, that commercial of her and Dena buying that supplement is borderline racially offensive...and I'm not even Italian. I'm shocked it's still running.

OnceSane

OnceSane

Fanatic

Posted Aug 24, 2011 @ 3:06 PM

does anybody if Sammi does anything to earn a living?

Sammi was a student at William Paterson University before joining Jersey Shore--she also played soccer for the school's team. So I would assume she was concentrating on educating herself before pursuing her career (no clue on her major so I don't know which career).

Right now all the kids are raking in plenty of dough from their endorsements & appearances, so hopefully she's saving some cash for the future.

vinyl

vinyl

Fanatic

Posted Aug 25, 2011 @ 12:34 AM

Maybe they are raking in $, but most can no longer be called "kids", even though they are definitely immature. Early 30's is NOT a kid.

charmed1

charmed1

Fanatic

Posted Aug 25, 2011 @ 6:16 AM

The best part of this season is the fact that Pauly refers to Vinny's facial hair in the third person. "Hello Vincent. Hello Vincent's beard. How are you two today?" bwah!

thekiid

thekiid

Loyal Viewer

Posted Aug 25, 2011 @ 12:49 PM

preview of the fight on mtv.com remote control blog on the right of the page.

ninakix

ninakix

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 25, 2011 @ 1:05 PM

Just saw the footage of Mike and Ronnie fight

Wow Mike was asking for it...but have to say it was satisfying to see him get his ass beat. I'm glad that those two big security guards stepped in though...a strong guy like Ron unhinged for too long can get dangerous. Can't believe he's back to flipping beds over in anger. Guess they don't get any feedback that it makes him look like he can't be in control of his anger.

thekiid

thekiid

Loyal Viewer

Posted Aug 25, 2011 @ 1:23 PM

My thought on preview

To me the preview just shows how they all snitch constantly on each other, and Mike is the snitchuation and no one else seems to think they do it. Sam will bring stuff up from 5 years ago to make Mike look bad, and she tells a seemingly drunk Ron who is known to have a violent temper. And what happens, of course!!!! He trashes Mike's stuff. But Mike started it/deserved it, will be the excuse like always for these people, when they do the same thing he does. Ron also ratted Mike out to Jenny, than Jenny goes to Snooki, "mike is telling everyone that you guys hooked up"

It was also rumored and on TMZ Ron said very personal stuff to Mike about MIke and his family which set him off when he said "let's do it". I bet the episode ends right after the part they show on mtv.com where Ron tackles Mike into that half standing bedspring. That probably is what f'ed up Mike's neck, not Ron's punches if any were even thrown. Ron/Sam weren't even together when Mike said that.

Ron and Sam have officially ruined this entire show, even though it was already becoming unwatchable due to people playing it up too much for camera time.

I never thought i'd see something more unhealthy than their binge drinking, tanning, and possible drug use, but Ron/Sam found a way by being together.

Edited by thekiid, Aug 25, 2011 @ 1:30 PM.

Ernestina27

Ernestina27

Loyal Viewer

Posted Aug 25, 2011 @ 1:41 PM

Just finished lunch at a restaurant near my office. My server just returned from Florence and actually saw the show being taped back in May (he had photos on his phone). He said that when he got too close to Deena, a security guard stepped in and told him that he had to get back because "it had to look real". On another occasion, this same guy said that he spotted Paulie and Vinny walking right past the pizza joint (where they work) and they were "pretending" to be lost as they were filming...

SO, that's enough for me to conclude that most of what we see isn't scripted, but it's definitely recreated for the cameras. This fight probably wasn't as authentic as they would like us to believe.

Ladle

Ladle

Fanatic

Posted Aug 25, 2011 @ 2:40 PM

I don't know if it's my entertainment standards slipping perilously low or what, but I actually enjoyed this episode.

EndoKE

EndoKE

Fanatic

Posted Aug 25, 2011 @ 2:46 PM

My thoughts on the preview:

I don't think I was seeing things but it looked like Mike was almost foaming at the mouth he was so angry.

thekiid

thekiid

Loyal Viewer

Posted Aug 25, 2011 @ 10:00 PM

Anyone get the vibe all these people hate each other? Seriously ..Any niceness seems forced.

Everyone keeps saying Mike told everyone, Jenny did after Ron told her. Vinny that girl was brought into your room, you didn't even know until you woke up. So she didn't cock block you so be quiet. Vinny is a huge baby ,i doubt she was going to lose her virginity to you buddy. Why is Snooki telling Jionne of it's not true, it's totally true, Sorry Snooki.

I love how Sammi instigates this and knowing Ronnies abusive, room trashing past, tries to stir things up when they weren't even together when Mike told them that Ron wanted other girls.

So if i get correctly the order of events.
Ron/Sam get back together
Ron is calling that f buddy from home still?
Ron/Sam have billionth fight about the same exact thing, they have to be together at all times.
That fight had nothing to do with Mike at the club.Sam has to find a way to bring Mike up in the fight, it was never about his comment while they were broken up
Mike even tried to get them back together before that girl came over.
Ron said that 5 girl thing to everyone, Sam was right there at the club too when he said that. They weren't even together. Ron is a roid raged idiot , Sam had to play the point finger game, he was just about to leave he room.

Yea Sam, he has really changed since last year when he trashed your room and bed. Also fought in season 1 with that guy, yep he is a changed man. This guy can do whatever he wants at this point, Sam won't care.

Of course Tbc....I'll bet Ron is not sorry at all for what he is about to do. Ron was yelling trash talk at him while he was out on the ground, what a jackass Ron is. Stop letting that guy be on this show.

Vinny/Pauly on exclusive interview on mtv.com said they wanted to see the fight and had popcorn, what jackasses. Feed the roid rageaholic, yea good idea.

They also had a sneak peak of next episode, it doesn't seem like Ron destroys him a lot of them right next to each other not throwing punches or side punches. Maybe Mike gets hurt when the security guard rips them apart? he was on his feet and moving when they were separating them, so maybe it wasn't that big of a deal, the Ron/Mike aspect of it.

Watch the sneak peak on mtv.com. It appears he gets hurt when the guard whips him backward into the bedframe. That would explain the neck thing too.

Edited by thekiid, Aug 25, 2011 @ 10:17 PM.

ninakix

ninakix

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 25, 2011 @ 10:05 PM

I will call Ron the next time I move and need someone to carry/take apart my bed.

Loved the look on Mike's face when Ron first started coming at him. Definitely some fear in there...then for one reason or another, snap!

Interesting that Pauly said he would "never change." I think part of what pissed them off about Deena is that they knew she was bringing the twin back for attention, purely, and not cause she was even interested in being sexually adventurous or whatever.

Nittany84

Nittany84

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 25, 2011 @ 10:10 PM

Vinny was a complete brat. Technically, buddy, you committed the "robbery" first, since Deena was hooking up with that girl at the club. Why do these guys act like cockblocking is the worst thing that anyone could possibly do? They speak about it like it's high treason. Come on, boys, you all seem to be getting it in with nauseating regularity. I think your lil' guy will survive a night without use. There was no need for them to shame Deena like that.

I really liked Sam this episode. She was supportive of Deena during her panic attack; she laughed off Vinny's knock at her. Too bad the fight ruined everything.

ETA: Snooki's friend Rider (Ryder?) kind of gets around, right? She hooked up with Vinny, she hooked up with Mike's friend, and did she once make out with Mike? Or did Mike just watch her make out with Snooki? I don't blame the girl at all, enjoy yourself as long as you're using protection. Just thought it was funny.

Edited by Nittany84, Aug 25, 2011 @ 10:14 PM.

deadrats

deadrats

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 25, 2011 @ 10:11 PM

Well, MTV did exactly like most of us were expecting and saved the fight for the next episode but on the bright side it does look like MTV will show the next episode on Sunday at 7pm instead of it's normal time.

Re: The fight - to me it looks like Mike could have won the fight if it had taken place in an open area, it looks like that bed helped put him into a compromising position; also did anyone else notice that either Pauly or Vinny flat out said that Ron takes steroids?

Personally, I'm looking forward to the day that someone knocks Ron out, he comes off like such a dick.

thekiid

thekiid

Loyal Viewer

Posted Aug 25, 2011 @ 10:19 PM

I gotta give MIke credit, after Ron picked him up and threw him down i thought UFC domination was coming with TKO but when they both got back up Mike went right back at him, didn't run away or anything. That takes guts against a roid raged goon.

It looks like Ron may not be the one to knock him out. My theory is the guards who break it up whip Mike backwards into the bedframe that is standing up. On the sneak peak that is what it appears but its different cuts of the scene so hard to tell. But enough is enough with Ron producers. On the mtv challenges, if you throw one punch you are off the show, he does this abusive stuff every season in some fashion. Here is the link

http://www.mtv.com/v...html#id=1669595

Edited by thekiid, Aug 25, 2011 @ 10:23 PM.

millerhilife

millerhilife

Video Archivist

Posted Aug 25, 2011 @ 10:24 PM

IDK about Mike being able to take out Ron. They're both huge and look strong, but Ron just has this killer instinct about him. He's quick to loose his temper and doesn't mess around.

As for the fight, Mike was instigating by throwing that little tidbit about what Ron said at Sammie. Sammie and Ron were going through trust issues again, so she brought up what Mike said as to why she felt that way, and of course, Ron exploded.

This is what happens when people stick their noses in other peoples business. I wouldn't have been upset if Mike had gone after Ron when he told his business about Snooki.

I hope this is the last season of this show, at least, with this cast. These people have worn out their welcome with me.

deadrats

deadrats

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 25, 2011 @ 10:54 PM

the kiid

You're right, after watching that video it looks to me like Mike hurts his neck because of the hoody he's wearing, Ron is pulling it and the security guards are pulling them apart, I think you nailed it, the process of pulling them apart probably causes most of the damage.

On a side note, for anyone that thinks that Mike couldn't beat Ron in a fight, while Ron does come off like a psycho and is obviously roid'd up (as the other guys confirm) I also think that Mike has probably done a few cycles himself so I think that an all out fight between them would probably be a lot closer than most people would think.

As for this being the last season, remember after Italy they went back to Seaside and filmed one more season, though i strongly suspect that's all she wrote for this show (the cast just keeps demanding more money).

thekiid

thekiid

Loyal Viewer

Posted Aug 25, 2011 @ 10:55 PM

deadrats,

Yea, I think the guard pulls hard and accidentally whips him into the bedframe backward while trying to break it up and Ron let's go and he goes flying backward when the guard pulls. That explains why he is unconscious too. Unless Ron charges right after and hits him with a few rights but you would think MTV would show it, i think it was edited to be more of a fight than it was. Either way they all will say Ron won, but after Sunday i will know who won.

Mike going to the hospital means he didn't win, but if Ron didn't cause it directly, he didn't necessarily win/dominate like he will act like. I think both probably have done steroids or at least HGH, but Ron is the only one who exhibits almost, if not all of the side effects haha. Ron saying how does your face feel while he is unconscious/can't move his neck, i hope that is editing, scumbag move. Ron is a danger being in that household, to MIke, Sam, and anyone else who doesn't just agree with everything the guy says.The sad part is if they had a vote decision to send him home, i bet he would get 0 votes to send him home. I guess for making a comment while they are broken up, he deserved to be hospitalized.

At one time or another, all of these cast members have cock blocked, gossiped, snitched, etc. I love how only MIke is ever accused. He does it, but so do ALL OF THEM, just this season alone their are examples.

Edited by thekiid, Aug 25, 2011 @ 11:00 PM.

MaryWebGirl

MaryWebGirl

Fanatic

Posted Aug 25, 2011 @ 11:19 PM

Anyone get the vibe all these people hate each other? Seriously ..Any niceness seems forced.

I agree. They all seem to barely tolerate each other. I suppose Pauly and Vinnie are OK with each other, but that just seems like a superficial "let's have fun going out together" relationship. I almost feel bad for them at this point--spending a few weeks with people you don't like to make such an obscene amount of money is probably hard to resist.