Jersey Shore

• Please log in to reply

10031 replies to this topic

IMOutrippin

IMOutrippin

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 14, 2010 @ 10:33 PM

About Sammi's nose: in this photo, the tip is visible again. So it looks like it was just the angle of the photograph that made her look like she had a nose job.

When I saw it yesterday I knew she had a nosejob. You see I am a child of plastic surgery. I have had none BUT my mom has had tons since I was 8. So I can recognize and appreciate a good nip and tuck!

Sammi most likely got the non-surgical nose job. The healing time is much fast.
15 minute nose job

Ayumi69

Ayumi69

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 14, 2010 @ 11:11 PM

Jersey Shore Cast on Ellen! (Video)

MommaLode

MommaLode

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 15, 2010 @ 4:55 AM

Re: Ellen Video - Jenni looked uncomfortable, didn't she? Funny how there was no mention of the fight, even though that has to be the number one topic of conversation this season, so far.

And, yes, Jenni did look beautiful at the VMA's.

Edited by MommaLode, Sep 15, 2010 @ 4:56 AM.

Pacic

Pacic

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 15, 2010 @ 5:01 AM

Pauly and Snooki were on Chelsea Lately. On the bright side, Chelsea is just as sick as everyone else with the whole Ronnie-Sammi mess and just out and says they suck the life out of the show. And Snooki claims to have "taken care of" Angelina too. I was not surprised at all to hear Chelsea say she genuinely likes Pauly, esp. compared to Sitch. I believe she finds him more cocky and buying into his fame more than the others, and Pauly seems like he is always a nice guy, no matter how famous he is.

vita excolatur

vita excolatur

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 15, 2010 @ 7:40 AM

Even in the second picture, I still think Sammi got a nose job. Her face looks totally different in my opinion, and her nose is way more refined and streamlined.

I don't like that dress Jenni wore to the VMAs - it looks, well, cheap - but she does look great.

Ahoskie59

Ahoskie59

Fanatic

Posted Sep 15, 2010 @ 8:38 AM

I notice how it's only Snooki, Jenni, Mike and Pauly on Ellen's show.

MZ30958

MZ30958

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 15, 2010 @ 9:11 AM

“Jenni, how does it feel to get your ass beat?"

How does it feel, Sammi, to proclaim victory, when in the scene before you said this, you had to ask the boys, "Yo, did I really punch her? For real."

You'd think that since she claims she beat Jenni's ass and it was the greatest accomplishment so far, that she would remember if she landed a punch.

Edited by MZ30958, Sep 15, 2010 @ 9:19 AM.

MommaLode

MommaLode

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 15, 2010 @ 9:56 AM

I don't like that dress Jenni wore to the VMAs - it looks, well, cheap - but she does look great.

WORD. She does look great, but I would have liked a more elegant Hollywood gorgeous kind of look. That would have WOWWed. IMO

islandgal

islandgal

Fanatic

Posted Sep 15, 2010 @ 11:01 AM

I guess it is all relative because compared to the other stuff she usually wears (hot pink loop earrings anyone?) I thought she looked pretty good - for JWOW.

WORD. She does look great, but I would have liked a more elegant Hollywood gorgeous kind of look. That would have WOWWed. IMO

If she was attending the Oscars, Golden Globes or Emmys, etc., I would agree but this was the VMAs so I thought she looked fine. She has a great figure and those legs ... just wow!

WritersBlock

WritersBlock

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 15, 2010 @ 12:05 PM

I notice how it's only Snooki, Jenni, Mike and Pauly on Ellen's show.

The rest of the cast comes out later.

Ayumi69

Ayumi69

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 15, 2010 @ 1:43 PM

Snooki on two tabloid covers this week...

I noticed the tabloids have been putting her on the cover a lot lately. Maybe her stories sell a lot?

Libby1975

Libby1975

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 15, 2010 @ 2:18 PM

Jersey Shore Cast on Ellen! (Video)

What I noticed from the Ellen show: Ellen pronounced Jwoww's name wrong; Pauly injected himself into the conversation an awful lot; there was an endless amount of reiterating how "sweet" Snooki is. My guess is that Pauly was on the "Snooki is sweet, she's like my sister, you want to date her go through me" train to get more screentime and perhaps one day move up the couch closer to Ellen. Snooki, Sitch, Pauly, Jwoww... the order in which they were seated on Ellen's couch echoes the order of their fame. Coincidence? I think not.

chlyn

chlyn

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 15, 2010 @ 2:42 PM

A study reveals why the Jersey Shore guys will sleep with a grenade. (Short article here.)

The short answer is, for a short term "relationship," guys only care if the body is curvy. For wife material, they insist on a pretty face.

ljenkins782

ljenkins782

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 15, 2010 @ 3:59 PM

Okay, I know I'll be picking up that first US magazine in Ayumi69's link! The stories are never half as interesting as the cover makes them look but they always suck me in.

As for the second magazine (Snooki's history with anorexia), I'm not downplaying the seriousness of that illness but 80 lbs doesn't actually sound that alarming considering that Snooki is 4'9". Her ideal weight is probably under 100 lbs.

mel7190

mel7190

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 15, 2010 @ 4:47 PM

What I noticed from the Ellen show: Ellen pronounced Jwoww's name wrong; Pauly injected himself into the conversation an awful lot; there was an endless amount of reiterating how "sweet" Snooki is. My guess is that Pauly was on the "Snooki is sweet, she's like my sister, you want to date her go through me" train to get more screentime and perhaps one day move up the couch closer to Ellen. Snooki, Sitch, Pauly, Jwoww... the order in which they were seated on Ellen's couch echoes the order of their fame. Coincidence? I think not.

I guess I saw it differently maybe because I like Pauly a lot. I frankly find that Mike normally talks over EVERYONE and he rambles terribly usually trying to use the word "situation" way too much. LOL Pauly is doing quite well for himself as a DJ & I read that he's booked with spinning gigs thru like March or something. Pauly has a lot of fans & usually wins any contest of best dressed or who'd you rather.

I read that Mike refused to cooperate with production in Miami & also refused to comply with the rule that they NOT discuss their fame or careers. Mike apparantly spent too much time on the phone with his agent and talking to the press in Miami and that's why we're seeing a lot LESS of him in season 2. I think he's funny, but don't miss him that much. If that story is true, he's biting the hand that feeds him.

Snooki is funny, too and cute, but I watch for Pauly. I think he's funny and charming & really holds the house together. Look at the episode where he was so drunk he couldn't walk & was sick as a dog. It was really cute to see all his roommates taking care of him. Even Ronnie who I've grown to hate this season (found him funny, but mildly annoying last season with his constant fighting w/Sam) was cool & made sure Pauly made it into bed with 1 foot on the floor. LOL The bonding of the group is part of what's interesting about the show. Sure they party and fight, but in the end it's nice to see that they are friends. And somehow Pauly even pulled it together after his rough night to break up the Vinny/Ronnie fight, too! Love that kid!!

Pacic

Pacic

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 15, 2010 @ 6:27 PM

I was watching Jeopardy! last night, and one of the questions was something like "This New York mode of transportation is free," and I was gonna say some kind of bridge, then I paused, looked at the word *free*, and shouted out "THE STATEN ISLAND FERRY".

Sadly, I only knew the answer because of Jersey Shore. *hangs head*

Edited by Pacic, Sep 15, 2010 @ 6:28 PM.

KrisPChikn

KrisPChikn

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 15, 2010 @ 6:32 PM

As for the second magazine (Snooki's history with anorexia), I'm not downplaying the seriousness of that illness but 80 lbs doesn't actually sound that alarming considering that Snooki is 4'9". Her ideal weight is probably under 100 lbs.

I'm glad it's not just me. I love Snooks, but ideal body weight for someone her height is around 85-90 pounds, so I'm not getting the seriousness of her weighing 80. I received treatment for an eating disorder when I was in college, so I'm not at all trying to downplay the seriousness of anorexia either.

And Pacic, LMAO.

NeonJungle

NeonJungle

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 15, 2010 @ 6:42 PM

I was watching Jeopardy! last night, and one of the questions was something like "This New York mode of transportation is free," and I was gonna say some kind of bridge, then I paused, looked at the word *free*, and shouted out "THE STATEN ISLAND FERRY".

Sadly, I only knew the answer because of Jersey Shore. *hangs head*

Don't be sad! Pouf that head instead -- just goes to show you that you *do* learn something from reality TV!

chlyn

chlyn

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 15, 2010 @ 8:45 PM

Hi-five, Pacic! You have spent your time wisely!

Southern

Southern

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 15, 2010 @ 11:46 PM

Well Folks it seem like the fame has gone to Mike(The Situation) head. First I was watching Showbiz Tonight on HLN(CNN PARENT CHANNEL) an they were talking about how Mike agents are saying he is more famous then Kim Kardashian. The host an panel was laughing, saying is he for real.

Then I was catching up on "The Wendy Williams Show" she had this guy on from(I forgot which Magazine) talking about how Mike at the VMA this weekends was distancing himself from the rest of the cast an staying in a different hotel, a big suite and acting Divalish. And he also say that Vinnie an Paulie are now best friends, an that the cast in season 3 would be against Mike and fighting him because of the way he's been acting...big headed.

Edited by Southern, Sep 15, 2010 @ 11:50 PM.

Buffeeluvr

Buffeeluvr

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 16, 2010 @ 12:34 AM

You know, I have a friend who has been working as a production assistant on Seasons 2 and 3, and when I asked her what everyone was really like, all she really had to say was that Pauly D. is super-sweet and jokes around with the staff/crew alot, and that Mike comes across as being incredibly self-conscious and insecure.

Makes sense that he would allow his fame to go to his head... Meh. He's got Old Man-face.

chillinbiss28

chillinbiss28

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 16, 2010 @ 12:58 AM

[Mike] really seems to go out of his way to minimize the women as people--the whole making a production of hitting it and running, having the meal before sex, etc. It's fine to have a one-night-stand, but that doesn't mean that you can't treat the other person like a human being afterwards.

How can you respect someone who you know is just screwing for a chance to be on camera? He doesn't do it to all the girls,and he definetly didn't do it to the tranny who didn't sign the disclaimer. If Mike's riding home in a cab and the girl keeps asking about the camera and when it's going to air and crap then yeah I say he should get his and be done.

I did the drunken, partying like crazy, ONS thing in my early 20's. I hate to say it but sometimes you're just horny and fucked up and you just want to have some sex. I had sex with plenty of guys who I didn't respect, didn't want to know them better, and wanted them out of my apartment when I was done. The girls I was hanging out with were the same. We used to laugh about it. It was just all about having fun. I had self-esteem, I was just being wild. I grew out of it, and when I didn't want to do it anymore, I didn't. What it really is about is just being really self centered and not viewing people as people but more in terms of what they can give you. This is the mentality of the JS cast, IMO. I think they start to trash the people that they see as using them, which in a young mind is the worst thing even though it's hypocritical.

Edited by chillinbiss28, Sep 16, 2010 @ 1:00 AM.

BronxBomber

BronxBomber

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 16, 2010 @ 2:24 AM

I read that Mike refused to cooperate with production in Miami & also refused to comply with the rule that they NOT discuss their fame or careers. Mike apparantly spent too much time on the phone with his agent and talking to the press in Miami and that's why we're seeing a lot LESS of him in season 2.

I love The Situation, but here is a story confirming his and his agent's love of the media. The Sitch and his agent said that he is more famous than the real Kim Kardashian (we know that he's more famous than Kim's Staten Island "twin"). Here is the story according to US Weekly:

It seems that The Situation recently tried to cut a deal with for appearances and events and demanded $500,000 up front. When the source declined, it was explained to him that Kim Kardashian wouldn't even get that kind of money! "His manager's words were: 'The Situation is much larger than Kim Kardashian,'" said the insider. "We all laughed. He essentially believes he's the biggest star of the show."

I love you Mike, but no.

This kid is straight trippin' right now. He is not nearly as famous as Kim, he hasn't proven to be a big money draw beyond this year, Kim has a million things going on, and, while we love JS, there are millions of people who have never heard of Mike. I looked at the comment board of the US Weekly article and about 70-75% of the people who made comments said, "who is this guy?," "I've never heard of him before," and, "I know who Kim Kardashian is, but I don't know this guy." The rest were scoffing at his assertion.

People Magazine rated Kim number nine in their Top 25 Celebrity Hot List. She dates famous people. She is invited everywhere. She gets paid big dollars to show up at clubs all over the place. Kim is internationally known. I could go on and on, but I don't want to clown my man Sitch.

It has been widely reported that Mike is going to earn $5 million (USD), but I believe that is suspect. Much of this "income" is not guaranteed. It is based on projections of what Mike wants to be paid to do something (one thing listed as part of his projected earnings is $50k appearance fee because he is so in demand. As only A-Listers get those sorts of fees, Mike won't be seeing numbers like that. Further, that part of his projected earnings is also contingent on how many times he is hired. His "endorsements"with Vitamin Water seems to be just one appearance in a commercial and nothing more. Mike's agent also cites an alleged endorsement deal with Reebok. My peepers aren't the greatest, nor are my eyes everywhere, so if anyone has seen or heard of a Situation shoe or Reebok attire? Celebrities who have endorsements with clothing are always wearing it because that is part of their contract. Tiger Woods has a contract with Nike, so you do not see him wearing a Ping hat on the course. Has anyone seen Mike wearing anything other than Ed Hardy? I could be wrong, but all of this makes the story implausible. Regardless, none of this would make his fame or status up there with Kim; she's been in the game for years. I ride for The Situation, so I don't care if he is less famous and I hope he gets that paper.

shalom79

shalom79

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 16, 2010 @ 5:02 AM

I'm not sure that Kim Kardashian is at all internationally known (except maybe if you count Canada as international). When I go overseas they all have their own trashy celebrities. Not all of them shot to fame by getting pissed on in a sex tape but most of them have the same "careers" of dating athletes and going to parties as Kim does. Sadly she's no Paris who has appeared on Match and Hello and all those other publications.

To Southern's post, the comparison to Kardashian by Mike's agents is likely specifically related to pay scale. If Kim gets paid X for an appearance Mike's agents want X+1. It's about money not ego. Likewise the other side leaks stuff about Mike's big head to try to reduce the rate. Stuff that even boiler room agents will have access to are google trending of searches on the internet and the ability to track news, blog and media mentions. I'm sure they can make a case that the Situation is bigger ATM than Kim using whatever bogus statistics. I'm going to guess that Mike lasts longer on DWTS than Kim, who didn't get much popular support. That will be another chip that Mike's brother or whoever is his agent can play to hike his rate.

I think it's okay that Mike has a big head. Dreaming big and being delusional is what's probably gotten him this far. How many of these Viacom reality stars actually manage to do something with their careers? If MTV had their way the kids would be getting $10k a week and out the door after a couple seasons.

Danielle87

Danielle87

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 16, 2010 @ 7:17 AM

and that Mike comes across as being incredibly self-conscious and insecure.

That's something that's been obvious from the very first episode.

Anyway, I can't say I blame Mike for doing all he can to get his. I feel that he's the only one in the house who truly gets that they are on a reality TV show that will be old news after a while. It seems like he's the only one who is truly thinking about his future after the show, despite what the other castmates might say about how they are thinking of their future. For example, I just can't picture Sammi or Vinny planing ahead. I also think it is very telling how he was the only one, when the cast went on the View, to answer the question about what was his 20 year plan after the show.

ljenkins782

ljenkins782

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 16, 2010 @ 7:32 AM

Wow, I never thought I'd see the day when people were aspiring to be "bigger than Kim Kardashian." Lofty goal there, Sitch! I admit that my only exposure to her personality was her short stint at DWTS, but she struck me as a vapid, personality-free Paris Hilton clone.

I think it's okay that Mike has a big head. Dreaming big and being delusional is what's probably gotten him this far. How many of these Viacom reality stars actually manage to do something with their careers? If MTV had their way the kids would be getting $10k a week and out the door after a couple seasons.

Yeah, I have to give the kid credit for going for the brass ring when he sees it. But I'll be disappointed if it turns out to be true that he and Pauly are fighting in season 3 and that the vibe is totally different. That doesn't sound like a fun show to watch.

AsbestosChef

AsbestosChef

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 16, 2010 @ 8:48 AM

Whatever there is to say about the Situation, I only care about how much the guy entertains me on the show and out of the whole cast, he entertains me the most. His ridiculous facial expressions and reactions to things that happen are entertainment enough alone.

chrysanthemum

chrysanthemum

Fanatic

Posted Sep 16, 2010 @ 10:35 AM

I am typing this under duress. So embarrassed, so embarrassed, so embarrassed that I care about this show and its people!

A few pages back, several people mentioned Sammi's behavior (and nose) at the VMAs. There was an article about it, and I think this sums up how I feel about her situation perfectly: "SAY IT AIN’T SO, SAMMI! Please say, after all this, you aren’t still with that guy. As a friend of mine said — “MTV should start putting information about domestic abuse up at the end of ‘Jersey Shore.’”

Yes, Sammi — it’s that bad. And EVERYBODY KNOWS."

The sex stuff, the disrespect stuff, the promiscuity, the quick-to-judge / harsh-to-label stuff...it's not that I'm okay with it. It's just that I want the show to come with some sort of disclaimer. Sure, we laugh at Snooki and we may think Pauly is cute. But honestly, as a teacher? Seeing students (of all races) with pictures of Ronnie in their lockers, or if one of my children ever brought home a date like one of these people? ACK! We can laugh because we're grown and we recognize that they look silly. But to the culture who supports them (the MtV crowd), this show and it's "stars" are disastrous.

That said, I think it's interesting that despite all the hooking up that Vinny, Mike, and Pauly do (and then claim to do), none of these girls ever call. They don't have (though Mike did, last season) clingers. There is no enjoyment here. I have no doubt that the girls are getting their 5 minutes of fame too. Snooki and Angelina's "men" as well. I mean, even the girl who stopped hooking up with Mike midway through (because she suddenly remembers she has a boyfriend) may have, in fact, I don't know, made a bet with her friend to get in there and blue-ball him. It could happen. I mean, we know that that gelato shop probably never had as many customers as it does on the days when only the boys are working.

I think Mike is fully aware that this is all a game and can be over shortly, and is milking it for what it's worth. Ronnie, Vinny, Sammi, and Angelina take it too seriously to make me think they know they're idiots, therefore, their behavior, IMHO, is real. Snooki and Jenni and Pauly...sometimes they get it. Sometimes...they're high.

Mita_Jo

Mita_Jo

Fanatic

Posted Sep 16, 2010 @ 10:36 AM

Finally opened my August issue of Cosmopolitan and saw the spread they did with Mike and Pauly. Mike actually looked cute in one of the pictures :o.

I am not surprised about rumors of Mike getting the big head. He's the only one on track to make $5 Million, if that's to be believed. He's on DWTS and I heard he makes the most per episode. I hope it isn't true, but at the same time, this show probably only has one more season before its really done and then what? He may as well get the most out of whatever is left of his 15 minutes of fame.

In the pics of Sammi, it does look like her face is different, but I notice it more in her mouth. I don't know what you could do to your mouth other than collagen, but her lips don't look bigger. Her face looks thinner too. Maybe it is make-up. Whatever the case, we'll know for sure soon enough.

Five more episodes to go. I hope there's a reunion.

Edited by Mita_Jo, Sep 16, 2010 @ 11:14 AM.

Pacic

Pacic

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 16, 2010 @ 10:45 AM

According to this article, the gelato shop business was very bad during filming. They are probably hoping business will pick up significantly after the show is featured on TV.