Jersey Shore

• Please log in to reply

10031 replies to this topic

IvyDarling

IvyDarling

Stalker

Posted Nov 12, 2009 @ 11:55 PM

MTV's newest docu-soap exposes one of the tri-state area's most misunderstood species...the GUIDO. Don't miss the 2-hour premiere of 'Jersey Shore' on Thursday, December 3 at 10pm ET/PT.

Short commercial preview can be found here.

Edited by IvyDarling, Nov 12, 2009 @ 11:55 PM.

Bob Sambob

Bob Sambob

Fanatic

Posted Nov 13, 2009 @ 12:04 AM

I don't think I've ever been more excited for a show. Ever. Seriously.

Drew328

Drew328

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 13, 2009 @ 12:23 AM

Epic. I cannot wait. Now my friends who live outside of New York will finally understand what I've been dealing with all of my life.

slackerchick

slackerchick

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 13, 2009 @ 12:34 AM

My joy knew no bounds when I saw the commercial for this the other day. It's like Christmas, Easter, my birthday, and a summer down at the Shore all rolled into one!

daisy720

daisy720

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 13, 2009 @ 12:42 AM

Didn't MTV have a show on the True Life series called "I'm spending the summer on the Jersey shore" or something like that? This looks like the long version of that.

Oh God, so much good can come of this! Hilarity will ensue! (and I'm not being sarcastic)

Edited by daisy720, Nov 13, 2009 @ 12:43 AM.

jerseydevils

jerseydevils

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 13, 2009 @ 8:38 AM

Ugh. Saw the preview last night. I don't know where the hell I've been all my life but the only place I've ever seen people like that is on tv!! They have to be fake, right? Even the girls on "I'm Going to the Jersey Shore" or whatever that True Life was weren't this bad.

Dasha Sonam

Dasha Sonam

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 13, 2009 @ 10:18 AM

OMG, I'm actually excited for a reality show.

GoMavs41

GoMavs41

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 13, 2009 @ 11:26 AM

I haven't been so excited about a TV show before in my life. I hope we get a Staten Island show girls to replace The Hills and The City.

TFJessie

TFJessie

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 13, 2009 @ 11:49 AM

I too am so excited! As i saw somebody else say " I am curiously transfixed by these beasts...they are the chimps to my Jane Goodall." Love it!!

AFDiva

AFDiva

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 13, 2009 @ 12:14 PM

The tans, the hair gel, the knock off hand bags......Christmas!

IvySpice

IvySpice

Fanatic

Posted Nov 13, 2009 @ 3:21 PM

I don't know why it took MTV this long to figure out that the tacky are far more entertaining than the hip!

Now if they would just set one of these "docu-soaps" in a trailer park, my world would be complete.

nikitakitty

nikitakitty

Fanatic

Posted Nov 13, 2009 @ 3:38 PM

Now if they would just set one of these "docu-soaps" in a trailer park, my world would be complete.

I believe Cops has that market covered. Although I would totally watch it, too, if MTV did it.

jackiecarr

jackiecarr

Stalker

Posted Nov 13, 2009 @ 3:47 PM

Epic. I cannot wait. Now my friends who live outside of New York will finally understand what I've been dealing with all of my life.

Heh. I actually had to explain what a Guido is to my best friend a few years back. Which was odd, because I've been on the plane to Miami with enough of them when visiting her, but maybe they just don't get past South Beach.

The interesting thing is how guido culture never really evolves. Like you can spot a middle-aged guidette who was into Bon Jovi 20-something years ago a mile away. Put her next to her teenage daughter, and you've got the same tan, overdyed hair, tight trendy clothes, acrylic nails, gaudy jewelry, etc.

Edited by jackiecarr, Nov 13, 2009 @ 3:53 PM.

VaVaVoom

VaVaVoom

Fanatic

Posted Nov 25, 2009 @ 12:39 PM

Uh oh. There's a group trying to kill the show! Noooo!

Caramellica

Caramellica

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 25, 2009 @ 4:01 PM

I can't wait for this.

I'm so sorry for people from New Jersey. I feel your pain at being misrepresented but I gotta watch this.

I'm curious if the Guidos realize they're tacky and just own it or are they really lacking that self-awareness and actually think they're cool?

Edited by Caramellica, Nov 25, 2009 @ 4:02 PM.

Drew328

Drew328

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 27, 2009 @ 12:36 AM

Cast pictures are up. Can someone who knows hair explain to me what's going on in this picture? Is this a weave? Extensions?
http://www.mtv.com/p...580/photo.jhtml

IvyDarling

IvyDarling

Stalker

Posted Nov 27, 2009 @ 1:00 AM

Cast pictures are up. Can someone who knows hair explain to me what's going on in this picture? Is this a weave? Extensions?
http://www.mtv.com/p...580/photo.jhtml

It looks like a clip in piece to me.

teeveefiend

teeveefiend

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 27, 2009 @ 1:24 AM

I'm so excited for this show! Oh god the cast pics are just hilarious! This group looks more over the top than the cast of the True Life: Jersey Shore episode.

Edited by teeveefiend, Nov 27, 2009 @ 1:27 AM.

freakmagnet

freakmagnet

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 27, 2009 @ 8:59 AM

I love the commercial! What is with the fist-pumping?? Is that actually a thing to do? I mean, maybe you do it at a concert or something, but really, this is the activity by which you define yourselves? "Watch my show, man, SO MUCH fist pumping!" And then they show a bunch of fist-pumping clips and the one guy has a huge pit stain! This is going to be so good.

As an added bonus, the premiere of this show means MTV is showing the Jersey shore True Life episodes again and again.

jackiecarr

jackiecarr

Stalker

Posted Nov 27, 2009 @ 12:38 PM

The one with the blowout (Growing Up Gotti hair) has Cadillac down his side in their font. Go straight to douchebag.
Guidos
Oh dear, there's more. Pauly

Also, you know you're a guido when 3/4 of your male friends use the childish diminutive of their name well into adulthood- Ronnie, Paulie, Vinnie, etc.

Before the snark begins, I must say that I like that the girls look healthy and toned, but haven't bought into the "must be rail thin" mentality of the young women in the "The City" socio-economic milieu.

Ok, I need to see photos of Nicole during the winter, because the girl is like two shades darker than me (and I'm black) and the obviously fake blue contacts are killing me.
Nicole

Edited by jackiecarr, Nov 27, 2009 @ 1:11 PM.

Drew328

Drew328

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 27, 2009 @ 2:41 PM

Oh dear, there's more. Pauly

WOW. I missed that one. Skin rip, tribal and tramp stamp. That's the holy trifecta of bad tattoo-ness. And getting a brand name and logo tattooed on oneself is just sad, really and has wider cultural implications. I'm sure a sociol anthropologist would have interesting things to say about that.

Ok, I need to see photos of Nicole during the winter, because the girl is like two shades darker than me (and I'm black) and the obviously fake blue contacts are killing me.
Nicole

Weird airbrushing in the chest area.

Edited by Drew328, Nov 27, 2009 @ 2:43 PM.

jackiecarr

jackiecarr

Stalker

Posted Nov 27, 2009 @ 3:01 PM

WOW. I missed that one. Skin rip, tribal, and tramp stamp. That's the holy trifecta of bad tattoo-ness.

Don't forget the right arm. The R.I.P. BILLY cross is arguably more aesthetically pleasing than the others, but I still find it tacky to treat one's body as the cover of a memorial program.

Memorial tattoo

There's a two minute trailer up. One girl describes herself as "the Kim Kardashian of Staten Island". Keep reaching for the stars, folks.
trailer

Edited by jackiecarr, Nov 27, 2009 @ 3:11 PM.

VaVaVoom

VaVaVoom

Fanatic

Posted Nov 27, 2009 @ 4:16 PM

The guy in the trailer who says "I a good-looking, well-groomed Italian who is very, very good with the ladies," he's like 40, right?

"I'm a bartender. I do...you know...great things." OMG I cannot freaking wait! **pumps fists madly**

georgygirl

georgygirl

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 27, 2009 @ 5:34 PM

I will not watch...I will not watch...I will not watch...

Aw, but I so wanna watch, so I can join in on the hilarity to ensue in this forum!

jackiecarr

jackiecarr

Stalker

Posted Nov 27, 2009 @ 5:52 PM

There's a two hour premiere... Don't fight it, georgygirl.

georgygirl

georgygirl

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 27, 2009 @ 6:01 PM

There's a two hour premiere... Don't fight it, georgygirl.

Oh good Christ, these tools get a two hour premiere?!

Sanjari

Sanjari

Posted Nov 27, 2009 @ 6:53 PM

Bless MTV for giving me a gallon of hot mess in time for the holidays. And here I thought I'd have to go through a drought until February.

Jamie1

Jamie1

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 27, 2009 @ 9:04 PM

I truly cannot wait until this show. I am Italian and it just cracks me up how some of these people think they are so hot and that nobody can touch them. Frankly, they look pathetic and it just looks like this show is going to be a laugh fest, with us laughing soley at them.

DrivingSideways

DrivingSideways

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 28, 2009 @ 12:35 AM

Hahaha!

I just came into this forum because I am spending Thanksgiving with my family and I am bored out of my skull. You people are cracking me up! I can't wait to start Tivoing this show!

And 'Jolie' has a rather... unfortunate face. The trailer has me just stunned. It takes all kinds, I suppose.

MaryWebGirl

MaryWebGirl

Fanatic

Posted Nov 28, 2009 @ 1:37 AM

I saw another commercial for it, and I couldn't tell the basis of the show. Is it basically Real World: Jersey Shore, where they cast the show, or did they find a group of friends who already had a house to follow?