Questions For the New and Forgetful: Why Are You Here Now?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

72 replies to this topic

Elli DC

Elli DC

Fanatic

Posted May 10, 2011 @ 10:17 AM

Yes, beakermuppet, you're right about that. It's a nickname for the Delta Delta Delta sorority, which is an actual sorority in the US. TV shows usually make up a fake frat or sorority so as not to risk offending the real organization, so it was surprising for them to name a real group.

ElectricBoogalo

ElectricBoogalo

Stalker

Posted May 15, 2011 @ 8:08 AM

I know that it's been mentioned several times that Elena's mother was very involved in the historical society, so I've been wondering if this was due strictly to marrying into the Gilbert family or if she came from another prominent family in Mystic Falls. I'm assuming she isn't a Lockwood, Forbes, or Fell (otherwise Elena would be cousins with Tyler/Caroline or Jenna wouldn't have dated Scum Fell and we would have heard about that by now). Has Miranda's maiden name ever been mentioned?

poddroid

poddroid

Video Archivist

Posted May 15, 2011 @ 8:13 AM

Miranda and Jenna were sisters. Jenna's last name was Sommers. So I assume that Miranda's maiden name was Sommers too unless they didn't share a father.

ETA

Just remembered that Miranda's maiden name is on her tombstone. In the "Sun Also Rises", there is a shot of Elena's parents' tombstone. It has the names Grayson Gilbert and Miranda Sommers Gilbert written on it.

Edited by poddroid, May 15, 2011 @ 8:21 AM.

femlyn2

femlyn2

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 4, 2011 @ 6:23 PM

Why do the Season One DVDs flash on a CBS logo at the end? Why wouldn't it just be the CW network?

Edited by femlyn2, Jun 9, 2011 @ 6:44 AM.

femlyn2

femlyn2

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 8, 2012 @ 4:52 PM

What happened to Elena owning the Salvatore boarding house? Should people (like Klaus) not be invited in? Or did this whole line get dropped?

confuzzled21

confuzzled21

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 8, 2012 @ 6:12 PM

What happened to Elena owning the Salvatore boarding house? Should people (like Klaus) not be invited in? Or did this whole line get dropped?

After she was killed by Klaus everyone's been able to enter the Salvatore house ie: Katherine to bring Damon the antidote, Rebekah when Klaus ditched her, and now Klaus. Apparently when she died, the human protection the house had through her died with her so the Salvatore house is open to everyone again.

ElectricBoogalo

ElectricBoogalo

Stalker

Posted Jan 9, 2012 @ 12:02 AM

Why do the Season One DVDs flash on a CBS logo at the end? Why wouldn't it just be the CW network?

The channel that a show airs on is often not the same company that produces the show. For example, Buffy the Vampire Slayer was produced by Fox but aired on the WB (and later UPN because after the five year contract with the WB was up, Fox allowed other networks to bid on which network would air the show). I'm pretty sure there's a Fox logo on the BtVS DVDs.

The Vampire Diaries airs on the CW in the United States but is produced in affiliation with Warner Brothers and CBS.

jediylva

jediylva

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 11, 2012 @ 4:56 AM

How come Klaus suddenly wants into Caroline's pants? Did I miss some build-up or did it just randomly happen?

luvprue1

luvprue1

Fanatic

Posted Feb 11, 2012 @ 6:18 AM

How come Klaus suddenly wants into Caroline's pants? Did I miss some build-up or did it just randomly happen?

Well now that Klaus is finally free from his father, he can now have a real relationship with a girl. By real, I mean without compelling them, or him having to run away because of his father chasing him. Klaus's whole purpose for having Tyler bite Caroline was so he can swoop in an play the hero, meanwhile making Tyler look like the bad guy. Klaus is into Caroline because he ( considering what Era he was born in) finds her beautiful,and she the only available vampire around him at the time.

Amisha

Amisha

Couch Potato

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 12:32 PM

I just started watching TVD and have a question about season 1 and the opening of the tomb.

I thought Bonnie and Grams worked together to temporarily unseal the tomb opening so Damon and Stefan could get out. Once they were out, I thought the seal spell was back in effect. If thatís the case, how did the other vampires get out? Or did Bonnie and Grams break the spell altogether? Was the plan just to close the opening with the heavy door and hope no other vampire tried to escape?

redbudrose

redbudrose

Fanatic

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 6:10 PM

I thought Bonnie and Grams worked together to temporarily unseal the tomb opening so Damon and Stefan could get out. Once they were out, I thought the seal spell was back in effect. If thatís the case, how did the other vampires get out? Or did Bonnie and Grams break the spell altogether? Was the plan just to close the opening with the heavy door and hope no other vampire tried to escape?

I think they thought their spell resealed the tomb as well. It wouldn't have mattered if Damon hadn't thrown the blood bag. They would have all still been mummified.

Amisha

Amisha

Couch Potato

Posted May 2, 2012 @ 8:28 AM

Ah, I forgot about the bag of blood. That makes sense if I don't think about how one half empty bag of blood could reanimate all the vamps. Of course, if there was enough blood for one vamp, he or she could have gotten out and brought back food for the others. In any case, it is not that important. I am in the middle of season 2 and trying sort it all out is giving me a headache.

Thank you!

ElectricBoogalo

ElectricBoogalo

Stalker

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 4:19 PM

You will find that sometimes you need to abandon linear logic or yell, "Why did/n't you guys _______?!"