saladshooter

Video Archivist

Posted Dec 18, 2011 @ 7:07 PM

So no Fajita Chutney?

LemurCat

LemurCat

Video Archivist

Posted Dec 19, 2011 @ 11:26 AM

Does this mean Fajita Chutney won't be showing up three days into the rally, insulting everyone, and acting like a total asshole?

(I went to school with a girl named Chutney. The food jokes got really boring.)

von1974

von1974

Video Archivist

Posted Dec 19, 2011 @ 2:04 PM

I think the thing with Jessie and Angie is that Angie uses her relationsip with Michael to get her way then they are in conflict. I think that Jessie resents it but he accepts it and ignores her as much as he can. Angie, from what I've seen, doesn't do too much of anything. She's the co-founder of the Flaunt girls but I don't see her doing alot with them except when it's time to get on stage and when Jessie's threatening to fire them, she's in charge of the bartenders but she doesn't do alot with them. I suspect that if she and Michael weren't involved she wouldn't have a job.
I find it very interesting that none of the people who run the individual shops have their crap together either when it comes to getting ready for the rally. Why wasn't the T-shirt shack ready, why wasn't the Fajita shack ready? Can those people not get onto the grounds and get set up without someone letting them in?
What drug is Fajita Liz smoking? Fajita Rusty or whatever his name is, who's probably going to have a heart attack or something next episode, has been there for two months getting everything ready and she comes in late and wants to change everything and boss everybody around. Really! I would have handled that totally differently. I would have fired Fajita Liz since she couldn't be there on time.

Edited by von1974, Dec 19, 2011 @ 2:05 PM.

monica67

monica67

Just Tuned In

Posted Dec 19, 2011 @ 2:49 PM

I realize there are unique challenges for a business that makes the bulk of its money is such a short period of time but is the unorganization of the individual shops and other parts real or fabricated drama for our "viewing enjoyment"?

saladshooter

saladshooter

Video Archivist

Posted Dec 19, 2011 @ 4:07 PM

Fajita Rusty or whatever his name is, who's probably going to have a heart attack or something next episode, has been there for two months getting everything ready and she comes in late and wants to change everything and boss everybody around.

I thought they didn't ask Rusty to take over the shack until two or three days before the rally started...
Besides being 'late', I only heard Liz complaining that they were offering hot dogs now (which apparently weren't selling that well) and it was taking up counter space. Did something else happen and I missed it?

Chutney

Chutney

Video Archivist

Posted Dec 19, 2011 @ 7:50 PM

Fajita Chutney does have a nice ring to it, but I think I'll stay with my day job. As appealing as being a butthead to everyone sounds.

You knew a person named Chutney? Wow. I thought Jennifer (my real name) was bad!

von1974

von1974

Video Archivist

Posted Dec 22, 2011 @ 10:45 AM

After watching the marathon I am convinced that Angie can't stand Jessie. I don't know why but she can't. I think that Jessie accepts Angie as Michael's gf but that's about it, they don't seem to have a relationship outside of Michael. I agree with Angie that Jessie made a committment to Breanna and he should have been there but, at the same time, when Jessie wasn't there Angie or Bree or somebody should have done a sound check themselves because it was thier behinds that were on the line, not Jessie's. I find it funny that Angie is now saying that Flaunt may not want to work with Jackyl when Jessie really hasn't been wanting to work with Flaunt to begin with but when Jessie tries to call in the perfect angels, (because you know he will) she'll have a fit about that.

orangemm

orangemm

Fanatic

Posted Dec 22, 2011 @ 11:20 AM

What about that "wedding"?. Give me a break. That Rusty or whatever his name is, is nothing but a big baby. He did more boo-hooing than anything.

Edited by orangemm, Dec 22, 2011 @ 11:22 AM.

von1974

von1974

Video Archivist

Posted Dec 22, 2011 @ 12:07 PM

I believe that rusty has other issues and that working at FTS is increasing them as it seems to do with everyone who works there except for Michael and Jessie.

bellaoriley

bellaoriley

Loyal Viewer

Posted Dec 22, 2011 @ 3:35 PM

Rusty is reality gold. I know people who run 10 miles a day that don't wear out shoes, but he wears holes in his shoes running a fajita stand for 3 days. I was waiting for him to blame passing out on the drink that Liz gave him. They need to show more bikes like they did in season 1. The flaunt girls are ugly and can't dance.

Crunchberry

Crunchberry

Video Archivist

Posted Dec 22, 2011 @ 4:02 PM

The flaunt girls are ugly and can't dance

Thank you. I asked my husband why didn't they just strip, they'd make lots more money from those drunken bikers that way. Once you're good and drunk you can't really see that well, right?
Their 'dancing'? It ain't working for them.

MrsEVH

MrsEVH

Fanatic

Posted Dec 22, 2011 @ 8:33 PM

Bree is a little beefy to wear that skimpy outift.

bellaoriley

bellaoriley

Loyal Viewer

Posted Dec 22, 2011 @ 8:45 PM

Bree is a little beefy to wear that skimpy outift.

They are all beefy. They probably look good when they are on stage, it's just seeing them on tv as a viewer.

HappyBoy1981

HappyBoy1981

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 22, 2011 @ 10:03 PM

Thank you. I asked my husband why didn't they just strip, they'd make lots more money from those drunken bikers that way. Once you're good and drunk you can't really see that well, right?
Their 'dancing'? It ain't working for them.

Think about what this place is. Its nothing but a huge biker bar, not a high end gentlemens club. You're going have run of the mill skanks dancing, not ex-Playboy models. And thats what the clientele like in places like that.
Besides, your husband may be telling you they're ugly but he's still looking. Thats written in the husbands handbook.....tell the wife "Oh those are nasty ugly hags" while you're getting an eyeful.

Crunchberry

Crunchberry

Video Archivist

Posted Dec 23, 2011 @ 1:30 PM

"run of the mill skanks dancing"

That sums it up perfectly. I still wonder, why do they not have strippers? Is it not legal to actually strip there? Anyone local know about this?

And, FWIW I don't mind my husband getting an eyeful. If someone gonna allow everyone to see, why not look?

Edited by Crunchberry, Dec 23, 2011 @ 1:31 PM.

HappyBoy1981

HappyBoy1981

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 23, 2011 @ 8:50 PM

Stripping and strip clubs are legal in Sturgis as in other parts of South Dakota. Since the owner is all about making money for himself, I doubt that he has much interest in the wellbeing of the girls.

bellaoriley

bellaoriley

Loyal Viewer

Posted Dec 26, 2011 @ 8:47 PM

Stripping and strip clubs are legal in Sturgis as in other parts of South Dakota. Since the owner is all about making money for himself, I doubt that he has much interest in the wellbeing of the girls.

I don't know about this, IIRC there was a previous episode where Michael was concerned about someone taking off her top, specifically stating that he was worried about losing his liquor license.

tatertrot

tatertrot

Channel Surfer

Posted Dec 26, 2011 @ 10:36 PM

IIRC, the girls at the other bar were equipped with pasties. Perhaps that's the difference?

saladshooter

saladshooter

Video Archivist

Posted Dec 31, 2011 @ 3:18 AM

I dunno about that... The girls Jesse had 'advertising' his whiskey were topless - they were only wearing paint.

Pedaler

Pedaler

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 4, 2012 @ 1:28 PM

From last week, poor Rusty. I can't believe that the hospital let him go. Usually, they would keep someone with that condition overnight. I wonder if it was an insurance (lack of) issue.

There may not be much activity on this board but the ratings for the program sure have gone up lately. Back on December 7, Sons of Guns on the Discovery Channel had their winter premiere opposite Full Throttle and won the ratings battle, 3.159 million viewers to 1.489 million. But last week (December 28), Full Throttle outdrew Sons of Guns, 2.266 million viewers to 2.134 million.

It still feels like all the drama is just a repeat of past years, but I'm still entertained.

von1974

von1974

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 4, 2012 @ 1:36 PM

Count me in on the "Bree is too beefy to wear that" train. I was confused as to why she was even in the group. How many Flaunt girls are there anyway? The two or three I've seen, including Angie are pretty enough and thin enough but Bree really doesn't go. You'd think with all that hula hooping her waist would be a little smaller. I'm just saying. That my be why Jesse is trying to replace them.

gaPeach

gaPeach

Fanatic

Posted Jan 5, 2012 @ 1:31 PM

I can't believe there are no posts from last night's show...........wait yeah I can.

Do they ever plan anything? EVER? How could Jesse not know that no bars were set up the night before? He stays at the FTS all he had to do was walk back there and see if the crews were out there working. And what? We need extra people to work it? Ice? Cold beer? Food? Oh crap.

I know they create some of the drama but most of that did not look manufactured at all. What a clusterfuck!

Oh and Rusty is nothing but a drama queen. I really wanted to like him, but he is more of a girl than I am. I did not believe he passed out and had siezures for real. I totally think he faked it for attention because one of his cooks passed our earlier and I think he just talked himself into feeling dizzy and then passing out.

I like Mike Ballard he seems like a nice guy but this show makes him look like he couldn't find his way out of a paper bag.

Ok, I hope the other 3 people that watch this show check in soon.......

saladshooter

saladshooter

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 5, 2012 @ 2:31 PM

Here I am!

I agree with you on the Throttle Fest mess. It sounds like it was primarily Jesse's idea to do this but he didn't seem to realize he was going to need to hire some more people to set it up or staff it. And what the hell was up with that 'no in and out' thing? Seriously? You can't stamp their hands so they can bounce back and forth between the bar and the concert out back? And who were the other bands? It looked like the whole thing was set up just to showcase Jesse's kid...again.
Add to it that I'm always amazed when people decide to throw a big outdoor concert event in a big open field during a heat wave and then don't provide any shade for people anywhere.
It was nice of him to come up with some umbrellas for the beer vendors, but why wasn't the beer set up under a big tent instead of sitting out in the sun? It would have made the ice (when it finally got there) last longer...
So we've got a bunch of hot miserable people in a field they can't leave without forfeiting the money they spent to get in, nothing to feed them and nothing but hot beer to drink. That's a recipe for disaster.

And what's the big deal with him wanting to jump off the stupid bridge anyway? "It's going to be amazing! People will drink so much after seeing this!" Really? Really?! Why would seeing some dude jump off a bridge into an airbag inspire me to drink more?

And more drama from the t-shirt lady. For crying out loud, I could have had that tent set up in less than a day and run it with 2 people! Just grab 2 of each kind of shirt and hang them all up so you can see the front and back of them, number them and have people tell you which one they want and what size. Then you just fish them out of the boxes you keep behind the counter and ring 'em up! But nooooo. We have to neatly fold and tag each and every t-shirt and put them out on tables for people to paw through and mess them up, and then require a bunch of people to help refold them & watch the merchandise so it doesn't just walk out the door. If Mike has a brain at all he won't have that vendor back next year.

And all that shit last week with Nugent's crew... they kept acting like it was a big surprise that there needed to be a private VIP section for them (and Ted), and that they were expected to feed them, etc.. This shit wasn't in Ted's rider? If it was, well then tough shit guys, you should have read it more thoroughly - and if it wasn't, then just tell them to piss off and put it in writing next time!

Rusty...yikes. Who schedules their wedding to take place at and during a festival they have to work at? And then when you fall sick to heat stroke or heart attack or whatever and they say to take the night off, you walk out of the hospital early and go back to work at the festival? I can understand bailing on the hospital if you feel the danger has passed (I don't like hospitals either) but how do you not take the night off and spend it taking it easy with your new wife? I doubt that marriage will last very long.

Phane00

Phane00

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 5, 2012 @ 3:18 PM

Number Two, checking in.

I gotta agree with saladshooter, ThrottleFest was a complete clusterfuck. And Mike is the only one I don't blame for it.

Michael seems to be the only one there with any sense (other than those staff members who choose to stay mostly off camera). He's absolutely correct when he claims that he's the only answer man there. Everyone keeps calling/confronting him for answers for everything. If I had to do that all day for the entire run of the rally, then you'd better believe that my butt would do it in an air conditioned office like he did.
Unfortunately, thanks to Jesse and the unprofessional professional, Frank, he had to answer for ThrottleFest as well as the bar. The only mistake I saw on his part with ThrottleFest was his option to keep the saloon open. Either close the bar and host ThrottleFest or close ThrottleFest and open the bar (Though he clearly wanted option B). They did not have enough personnel to run both at once, and I truly think that Mike knew that ahead of time. But he still came in and saved the day.

Jesse is one of the most entertaining characters on the show. He seems like a great guy who would be awesome to hangout with for a day. However, I'd sooner kiss Meatball's butt than go into any business venture with Jesse, especially if he's to be a managing partner. Business-wise, he's such a freaking screw up that I wonder how the man makes any money ever. Jesse James Whiskey? Why couldn't that have been pushed before Mike ordered the alcohol? That could have saved Mike thousands of dollars from purchasing whiskey from other suppliers, and Mike would have sold it at his bars rather than forcing Jesse to give it away. Ignoring Bree's cry for help? Sorry, Bree, Jesse can't come and help you like he said he would because he wanted to play downtown. And ThrottleFest... he waits until the morning of the show to even check on the show's status? He should have been checking in every night, especially since he doesn't do anything during the concerts. And his solution to all these problems? Call Mike.

And then there's Frank. He's the one I truly blame for all of the problems with ThrottleFest. What the heck has Frank been doing the whole time during the rally? ThrottleFest was his baby. Mike has the bar, and Jesse is Jesse. He's supposed to be the professional one of the bunch. So why did he drop the ball? For example, if he knew that he needed more staff why did he wait so long to get them? He could have been picking up former bartenders and barbacks for a one time gig. No In-and-Outs? You have no shade, no bars, no drinks, no food, no security, and the line is a mile long. Why can't guests go in and out? Guests are getting freaking wristbands at the gate. If you allow them to leave temporarily, then they won't be so pissed when they return. Plus, the line would no longer be a mile long. But all he kept thinking about was losing beer sales. Twit.

bellaoriley

bellaoriley

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 5, 2012 @ 10:00 PM

I wonder if Michael was goaded into having the festival and then in the end just tried to screw the other two. I don't see how the festival helps Michael.

gaPeach

gaPeach

Fanatic

Posted Jan 5, 2012 @ 11:02 PM

Why can't guests go in and out? Guests are getting freaking wristbands at the gate. If you allow them to leave temporarily, then they won't be so pissed when they return. Plus, the line would no longer be a mile long. But all he kept thinking about was losing beer sales. Twit.

I can kind of understand their thought process that they did not want people leaving to get drinks at FTS since they were not set up yet. But he was telling people no to go in yet since they had the no in no out rule and to come back later. Well, where did they think the people were going to go? To the FTS to drink until they got set up. They were going to lose some money on beer but at least if they let people come and go People would be most likely to stick around once it looked the the beer was getting close to being set up at the ThrottleFest. And of course people would not be pissed two ways to Sunday.

Phane00

Phane00

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 9, 2012 @ 10:46 AM

I wonder if Michael was goaded into having the festival and then in the end just tried to screw the other two. I don't see how the festival helps Michael.

It only kinda helps Michael. The Fest was being held in an open field close to the saloon. As many people that the bar can hold, an open field will hold far more. In theory, the idea is to get a massive number of people there to see the many acts, and buy tons of alcohol. That would be a group of people outside of those in the bar itself. It was a gamble on getting lots of money in one go, and they got lucky with a push.

Michael probably could have done more for it, but it was really on Frank and Jesse's shoulders to get the Fest under way. Plus, he saw there would be a benefit to not helping as much as he could have. Customers waiting to get inside and buy food and alcohol would head to his saloon rather than wait for the Fest to finish getting setup. And he makes the full amount from sales in the bar than the third he'd get at the Fest.

nikkishs

nikkishs

Just Tuned In

Posted Jan 9, 2012 @ 12:29 PM

I completely understand the "no ins & outs" rule, but they should have only inacted that rule once everything was set up CORRECTLY at Throttlefest. No way should you be able to corral individuals into an open field w/o food or drink and then tell them they aren't allowed to go get anything without having to pay to get back in.

I'm not sure about everyone else, but I am so over Jesse... he's way to over the top and can't seem to do anything right. He always wants to blame everyone else for his screw ups, always has an excuse. If he wasn't a part of the show, I'd be just as happy.

misterbfd

misterbfd

Fanatic

Posted Jan 9, 2012 @ 4:50 PM

Put me down as "I think Bree looks great". I am attracted to females with a little more "substance" if you will, and I'd watch her wear that stuff all day long.

Phane00

Phane00

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 12, 2012 @ 10:41 AM

Jesse is still entertaining. Around customers and on stage he keeps the crowd happy. But he's like a big kid. He likes to play more than doing his chores. And while that's fine for a kid, Jesse has responsibilities, but doesn't do shit.
Last night, I felt bad for the other members of Jackyl. These poor guys keep having to cover Jesse with everything, from his latest stunt, to his son's band, to the antics. If I was in his band, I would have shot him years ago.

If Michael is banking on the Jackyl show and the last day of the Rally to make up the $33k loss, then he's already done. His best chance was on Ted Nugent's night and ThrottleFest. I thought he did fine on Nugent night but he got his butt handed to him at ThrottleFest. He's screwed.
Oh and he needs to freaking bend a knee already to Angie. If he got that worked up over a tattoo, then he should get her a ring for her troubles.