Full Throttle Saloon

• Please log in to reply

197 replies to this topic

njbarmaid

njbarmaid

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 11, 2009 @ 12:26 PM

So I forgot that Rehab ended last week but look at what is in the time slot. I actually liked this show because it wasn't as pretentious as Rehab. It's hard to take Mike seriously at first cause the dredlocks are just a little distracting. The sister with the overalls reminds me of Mary from GND and Angie reminds me of a no-nonsense Holly.

Bethlyn

Bethlyn

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 14, 2009 @ 9:17 PM

I liked the show too. But imagine if Asshat Matt from Rehab went to work there -- finally he'd get the asswhooping he deserves -- and that's from the female bartenders!!

mrssoichiro

mrssoichiro

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 18, 2009 @ 4:21 PM

I'm enjoying this show with some reservations. I too couldn't help but compare Matt from Rehab and Mike. Matt would have shut down the entire saloon fired everyone for stealing including Mike.

Malibu65

Malibu65

Stalker

Posted Nov 20, 2009 @ 4:47 PM

I'm enjoying this show with some reservations.

Same here. I am thinking this show will resemble Rehab a lot more in the future.

Bethlyn

Bethlyn

Video Archivist

Posted Dec 4, 2009 @ 10:17 AM

You know, for a show that has everything right on paper, this has turned out to be pretty boring. I should LOVE this show, but I don't. Not exactly sure why, but there ya have it. I did *finally* figure out who the girlfriend reminds me of, something that's been bugging me since the first episode -- she sounds and looks like a younger Mary Murphy of So You Think You Can Dance. Whew, that one bugged me for awhile!

dogfish

dogfish

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 4, 2009 @ 11:12 AM

I'm not a biker and was wondering, what a new tire costs. The whole "burn-out pit" thing seemed kind of dumb and potentially expensive (new tires, thrown rods, cylinder scoring, etc).

ETA - maybe only guys who are going to buy new tires anyway and are certain the FTS mechanics have their size in stock do it?

Edited by dogfish, Dec 4, 2009 @ 11:14 AM.

Trojangirldance

Trojangirldance

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 9, 2009 @ 12:22 AM

I think Mike made the comment during a burn out "That's another 150 right there" when a guy's tire burst. I watch just because I have a thing about bikers, but seriously I don't know how Mike has managed to stay in business, he is an idiot. I wonder if Jesse is a partner and does the majority of the business that requires brain cells because Mike nor his family members working for him know jack about running a business. I also do not believe that everyone who works there is somehow scamming/stealing from him except his family members but the way it is portrayed that is how it seems.

One of my biggest problems is the bartenders were told what was and wasn't acceptable dress and behavior with patrons but then Angie (and her Flaunt team) walk around in bra and panties constantly (even when not performing) with the butts in patrons' faces and all over patrons. It's like they are afraid a bartender might take the attention off them, and for someone who wants to put it out there that she is a serious dancer why is the only dancing Angie does is pole dance style?

missmonkey

missmonkey

Just Tuned In

Posted Dec 14, 2009 @ 11:45 PM

I never got the impression that Angie is a serious dancer, if by "serious" we mean classically trained and performing in an established performance troupe, like ABT or Alvin Ailey or something like that. That's not to say that she is not serious about pursuing performance opportunities for Flaunt or that she doesn't take burlesque performance seriously. I think the style of dance is cute and it seems to be popular with the Full Throttle patrons. I do like her best when she sticks to performing.

That brings me to my question. Does Angie have an official position within FTS management? She'll say things like "we" when she talks about daily operations and has taken it upon herself to monitor the actions of the bartenders if something is amiss. Does she do that on her own to help Mike or is she actually a manager? I cringe when she takes on the mantle of responsibility when it appears that the only ones really taking the financial hits are Mike and Jesse.

Happyshooter

Happyshooter

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 9, 2010 @ 1:30 PM

Wow. They jumped the shark with the "10 minutes to band time" claim about the flaunt girl fight.

cherry malotte

cherry malotte

Fanatic

Posted Dec 29, 2010 @ 5:25 PM

Does this guy seriously make enough money off the alcohol sales to keep him going from one year to another? I was watching the reruns today on Tru and can't figure out how he does it considering how much staff he has and all the other overhead, and I did hear mention something he said about a second mortgage.

dirtyhippiegirl

dirtyhippiegirl

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 13, 2011 @ 1:48 PM

Anyone still watch this at all?

Just watched the season finale for 2010.

WHY would Michael think it's even in the realm of sensible or okay to give Fajita Mike a bucket with 150 shots of tequila?

MrsEVH

MrsEVH

Fanatic

Posted Jan 13, 2011 @ 4:37 PM

They left us hanging. I wonder if the show will be back. Will he sell the bar?

sosweety1011

sosweety1011

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 13, 2011 @ 4:56 PM

I don't watch the show, but I'm getting really tired of the same old commercial they run for it, over and over again. It's like the network only gave them funding for one or two commercials. And the guy with the dreadlocks - do my eyes deceive me, or does he have some moobs?

dirtyhippiegirl

dirtyhippiegirl

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 13, 2011 @ 6:51 PM

They left us hanging. I wonder if the show will be back. Will he sell the bar?

I bet it will if the ratings are okay. If he had sold the bar, I'm certain that they would have included that phone conversation. Also, according to the memorial graphic at the end, his sister passed away so I don't think spending time with his sister is suddenly a priority. (That sounded waaay harsher than I wanted it to, btw.) And my third assumption is that he won't sell it because it seems to be one of the things that keeps him from marrying Angie. He talked and talked and talked for two seasons about marrying her. When he didn't give her that ring on Jackyl night, I just knew it would probably never happen.

Also, the official website is still calling in Michael Ballard's FTS.

and sosweety1011 -- yes, Michael definitely has some moobs. And if he and Angie have kids, their kids' noses will be seen from space.

Bethlyn

Bethlyn

Video Archivist

Posted Dec 1, 2011 @ 10:07 PM

It's back! Only one episode so far, I think. Very strange editing, I couldn't really remember what happened last season, and they didn't do a lot of "previously on" info. They did make reference to something I had wondered about since the show first started airing -- Michael and Angie live in Tennessee most of the year, and either FTS is only open around the rally or they are absentee owners. I always wondered why everything was do so incredibly last-minute... they must only open for rally month and not be there the rest of the time. Still stupid how unorganized they are, though. And yet, I watch. Makes me miss that even-stupider Vegas swimming pool party show. Sigh, I gotta find something else to watch while working...

LemurCat

LemurCat

Video Archivist

Posted Dec 2, 2011 @ 12:51 PM

From what I understand, FTS is only open for the rally.

SSDD - Again with the Flaunt Girls drama. Again with Jesse threatening to replace them or pull them off the stage. More Fajita Mike drama.

bellaoriley

bellaoriley

Loyal Viewer

Posted Dec 2, 2011 @ 12:53 PM

I think they said last episode that they were open June thru the rally. The whole episode was mainly getting ready for the rally. He has had the place since 1999, so he may have bought it dirt cheap. I am more fascinate with the financial side of these "business reality" shows than anything else. I would love to see a behind the scenes episode that really details the business. They said 300,000 customers per rally. If the average customer spends $50, reasonable considering $5 beers, $150 tires, and $25 t shirts, that is $15M in revenue. And that doesn't include any money they may make when they charge for parking, or cabin rentals. Even with all the overhead, he should still be able to net a minimum of $3M of that.

gaPeach

gaPeach

Fanatic

Posted Dec 2, 2011 @ 1:17 PM

SSDD - Again with the Flaunt Girls drama. Again with Jesse threatening to replace them or pull them off the stage. More Fajita Mike drama.

No kidding. This episode was the same one I saw last season it's just 2011 now. Why do they come off as total idiots and that the rally just kind of snuck up on them again this year and they are not prepared. Really? No one can replace a falling down, door kicking, drunk fighting, shirtless Fajita Mike??? What? Yeah because getting a good resturant experinced manager is hard to come by these days. And ithe Fajit Bar is their big money maker but they did not make any arrangements for it to be up and running in time for the rally. Not looking too smart.

And the Flaunt Girls did look pretty bad when rehearsing but that could be editing to create more fake drama. Does Jesse not like Angie?

This show could be so interesting without the fake drama and the same tired old "We will be bankrupted if (insert disaster here) and lose EVERYTHING. Trying showing more of the people who come to the rallys and all the stupid silly stuff they do. Now that would be interesting.

LemurCat

LemurCat

Video Archivist

Posted Dec 2, 2011 @ 1:48 PM

This episode was the same one I saw last season it's just 2011 now.

And it looks like we're gearing up for another couple of episodes of sweating the weather. Seriously, if the next episode is another hour of tensely watching the rain gauge to see if Michael's insurance kicks in, I'm freakin' done.

bellaoriley

bellaoriley

Loyal Viewer

Posted Dec 3, 2011 @ 4:01 PM

No one can replace a falling down, door kicking, drunk fighting, shirtless Fajita Mike??? What? Yeah because getting a good resturant experinced manager is hard to come by these days.

In a way not being able to find good help makes sense. They are only hiring them for two weeks.

Bethlyn

Bethlyn

Video Archivist

Posted Dec 3, 2011 @ 10:00 PM

Ha, but the bartenders "can make $10,000 over the course of a rally!" If the Fajita Shack is one of their biggest income producers, a little planning ahead and revenue sharing would get them great staff for two weeks or a month.

saladshooter

saladshooter

Video Archivist

Posted Dec 9, 2011 @ 3:30 PM

If the Fajita Shack is one of their biggest income producers, a little planning ahead and revenue sharing would get them great staff for two weeks or a month.

I agree. I'm a bit baffled about how they run this business. They have the better part of a year to get their shit together for the rally, but by the time it rolls around nothing is ever ready to go. Why did they wait until 3 days before the rally to get the fajita kitchen set up? Or find someone to run it? And while they were running around freaking out about that, it looked like they still had construction in progress... The new bars being built should have been done weeks, if not months, before the rally. And then on opening day none of the bars had beer or ice in them when they opened?! Or cash registers?! And the t-shirt tent wasn't ready or open? Good Lord!
As for the whole 'missing bartender' debacle - how do you not call the local law enforcement and check if they have her when you report her missing? Or the area hospitals? I'm pretty sure they would know if she was in their system.
All I can say is wow. Just wow.

Bethlyn

Bethlyn

Video Archivist

Posted Dec 9, 2011 @ 4:09 PM

how do you not call the local law enforcement and check if they have her when you report her missing?

oh, but Michael called the sheriff before he dropped his cellphone in the tub of water, remember? The phone he'd had for 3 years that he had all his contacts and numbers in, but had NEVER backed up? You know, like a real businessperson would?

I forgot about the t-shirt tent of doom. Yeah, all of these shirts have to be folded and priced and stacked.... instead of, you know, putting up wall displays with prices and just having boxes of the different sizes for staff to pull shirts from. Like at a concert or a streetfair or anyOTHER place only open a few weeks at a time.

otterbon

otterbon

Channel Surfer

Posted Dec 9, 2011 @ 4:29 PM

I lived in Sturgis and worked the rally for a while when I was in HS/early college, so any questions about the whole thing I can generally answer :)

FTS used to be open year round at one point, they opened a small restaurant inside and had daily lunch and dinner specials--usually buffets. I don't know if they are still doing this or not, I moved in 2008 so they could have stopped that by now.

A lot of the businesses in Sturgis, especially the bars, are only open during the Rally and the months leading up. A few, like The Knuckle, are open year round, but for the rest of them it doesn't pay. The area is so small that they would go backwards in the winter months, and they make enough revenue in the summer that it works out to a pretty good profit.

I have always heard sort of mixed reviews about FTS, so I'm not too surprised to see the mess behind the scenes. I've only ever been out there in the off season when things are a lot quieter, so can't say I've seen their particular spectacle in person!

Pedaler

Pedaler

Video Archivist

Posted Dec 12, 2011 @ 3:26 PM

Even though this season seems to just be another repeat of prior seasons, I continue to be entertained by it.

From the previews, I am looking forward to the return of Fajita Lil. Maybe there will be some new drama.

I don't know how the ratings were for the other seasons, but the program seems to be doing OK in the first two episodes of this one. It was 6th and then tied for 7th in the 18-49 Wednesday night cable ratings.

AustinGuy

AustinGuy

Loyal Viewer

Posted Dec 13, 2011 @ 10:18 AM

I was at FTS the first week in July this year, near the end of a 11 day, 11 state motorcycle trip, (on a Yamaha FJR, not a Hardly). I was a bit surprised at what a dump it was, then surprised that I was surprised. It doesn't have to be nice, it's just a bunch of bikers showing up to drink too much. When I stopped in, approximately a month before the rally, it was open, but really just the main bar inside the entrance. You could grab a beer, and/or buy a T shirt or three, as they had a nice display set up next to the bar. It was possible to wander the grounds, and I did, again amazed at what a ramshackle dump it is. But, like I said, who cares? It's just a biker hangout for 10 days out of the year.

This season does seem to be more of the same, but dumber. The bit about Jesse coming to the brainstorm of jumping off the bridge was laughable, and if I hear "take it up another notch", one more time... And Flaunt? I guess that old saying of the camera adding 10 pounds is an understatement.

MrsEVH

MrsEVH

Fanatic

Posted Dec 15, 2011 @ 5:19 PM

I get tired of hearing how Flaunt is "taking it to the next level". By doing what?

saladshooter

saladshooter

Video Archivist

Posted Dec 15, 2011 @ 7:13 PM

By doing what?

Near as I can tell, that means they tore a few more holes in their mesh stockings.

bellaoriley

bellaoriley

Loyal Viewer

Posted Dec 15, 2011 @ 7:48 PM

I wonder how much money he lost, because he was too cheap to pay people to set the tshirt tent up a few days early.

Chutney

Chutney

Video Archivist

Posted Dec 18, 2011 @ 6:40 PM

I personally hope I'm never known professionally as "Food Item Chutney" EVER. Potato Chutney. Lasagna Chutney. French Fry Chutney. Hamburger Chutney. Fried Food Fair Item Chutney.