Bonnie Bennett: Witch in Training

• Please log in to reply

1100 replies to this topic

wildling

wildling

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 12:53 PM

I'm convinced any good story needs a good conflict: Underwold's was the licans vs vampires war, Lost's was the eternal battle between good & evil, even Twillight has something other than which guy Bella marries to.

Other than forcing Bonnie to bend her will to comply the Salvatores's, The Vampire Dairies has no conflict methinks.

Yeah, I was thinking of the licans. It's a shame, but the TVD werewolf vs vampire arch was such rubbish.

TVD is what happens when soap writers try to build a supernatural world.

I'd say when bad soap opera tries to pose as supernatual drama. I see Twillight as a soap opera and it's nowhere nearly as bad.

dragonfirelance

dragonfirelance

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 10:07 PM

I don't think you need a supernatural war or a good vs. evil conflict to keep a supernatural show good, but this show is more of a supernatural teen drama than a teenage supernatural show like Buffy. TVD's conflict comes from the protagonists staying alive and trying to navigate the supernatural world they live in. They are no heroes or villians just people with different agendas. I think there's plenty of good material on the show if the writers mind it. Elena's guilty suicidal inclinations and the fact that as the doppleganger she can never have a normal happy life. Bonnie's anger over the losing her mom again to her mother's own issues combined with saving Elena plus what is she going to do with the power she has. Caroline and Tyler truly coming to grips with the concept that they are immortals and are going to have to leave MF within the next decade and that their old lives are gone. That's not even including the vampires.

wildling

wildling

Fanatic

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 12:11 PM

...this show is more of a supernatural teen drama than a teenage supernatural show like Buffy.

I don't see how that could be any excuse because The Secret Circle is also a supernatural teen drama, it doesn't mean the witches have to be trapped in a bad soap opera or be reduced to guess star in their own plots.

The thing with Bonnie is that I feel like I'm watching a remake of Buffy in which the slayer isn't allowed to fight vampires, much less have a coflict with them, she isn't allowed to compete with other slayers either, she isn't allowed to have a mentor/teacher and, most of all, she isn't allowed to interact with her werewolves, medium and vampires friends.

If Buffy existed to serve whoever vampire/werewolf Spike & Angel were dating that was her problem, but Bonnie can't be denied of her own conflict with the Salvatore, or be reduced to a plot device in her own story because that's not good material the way I understand it.

Edited by wildling, Apr 12, 2012 @ 12:18 PM.

luvprue1

luvprue1

Fanatic

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 5:10 PM

I don't see how that could be any excuse because The Secret Circle is also a supernatural teen drama, it doesn't mean the witches have to be trapped in a bad soap opera or be reduced to guess star in their own plots.

True. Bonnie is the only character I know who seem to only be making a cameo in her own Bonnie centric episode.
Here's a article that talks about the problem with how the character is written.

The Treatment of Bonnie Bennett

I think the when the writer wrote Bonnie as some being so moral they wrote themselves into a corner. There is no room for someone totally moral on a vampire show where most of the character are written in shades of grey. They keep trying to keep Bonnie as upright and moral, when she no longer can play the moral card, since she hanging around killers. ( Caroline,Damon,Stefan) Bonnie should be viewing people in shades of grey by now.

wildling

wildling

Fanatic

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 6:31 PM

The thing with Bonnie is that I feel like I'm watching a remake of Buffy in which the slayer isn't allowed to fight vampires, much less have a coflict with them, she isn't allowed to compete with other slayers either, she isn't allowed to have a mentor/teacher and, most of all, she isn't allowed to interact with her werewolves, medium and vampires friends.

If Buffy existed to serve whoever vampire/werewolf Spike & Angel were dating that was her problem, but Bonnie can't be denied of her own conflict with the Salvatore, or be reduced to a plot device in her own story because that's not good material the way I understand it.

True. Bonnie is the only character I know who seem to only be making a cameo in her own Bonnie centric episode.

I think the problem has grown far beyond that. Bonnie's plot has been trimmed and shortage according to that article of yours. From Damon's love interest and Katherine's rival, she's now the text message on the left corner of a phone screen and I can't start on her witchcraft without repeating myself.

I'm not asking for the second coming of Lost, I know the show too well to expect each individual character to star in its own individual plot, but if they are going to re-write a character then I expect something better than this, far better than this.

Edited by wildling, Apr 13, 2012 @ 1:14 PM.

poddroid2

poddroid2

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 13, 2012 @ 8:54 PM

It all comes down to racism. That is why Bonnie is being treated like this. That is why her emotional scenes are given to Caroline. That is why she is missing from eps right after something important has happened to her. That is why her emotional reactions are conveyed to us via other characters. That is why we know less about her than Matt even though she is part of the A story constantly while Matt is a glorified extra. I like him but what is his purpose exactly? Oh well, I don't know what anyone's purpose is on this show anymore.

They are racist either consciously or subconsciously and are unwilling to do anything about it. The entire entertainment industry is racist (and homophobic and misogynistic). That is why there are barely any leads who aren't white on TV shows and movies. It is why people of color are very often the maids or best friends who are only there to act as helpers to the lead white characters. This is why people are ok with setting a show in the South, like this one, and having only one main token black character (Bonnie). Where is Bonnie's dad? Dear Lord, give me patience to deal with this level of ignorance and denial. Artistic license does not excuse selectively erasing people of color.

Seriously? This is a Southern town, right? They actually film in a town that has a significant black population so it is not like the issue is not right in their face everyday. Racism is why the character of Bonnie got downgraded in development in the TV show when compared to the book. That is why a show that sets a lot of its story in the Civil Era and 1000 AD actively denies the existence of slavery and Native Americans. They use some actual history but deny any history that has anything to do with non-whites. Such ugliness is up there with holocaust deniers. After Matt Davis' comment on Twitter about Jews being upset about Bonnie's treatment, I am looking forward to the ep of TVD that will be set in WWII Germany. The concentration camps will actually be boarding schools and gated communities where only non-Jews live and form random love triangles.

Rue|Tokenism &The Bonnie Bennett Problem

Excellent vid by a young woman on the treatment of Bonnie among other characters of color. She also talks about Asian characters and gay characters

Fave part.

The thing about it is that these little things you do [tokenism and treating POC characters terribly] lead to stuff like that - of people saying why is Rue black?, why is she there?, I don't care that she died anymore because she is a black girl... It is a problem and the media perpetuates it constantly. It is allowed because everyone has a million excuses on why something cannot be racist because, for some reason, it is more insulting to be called racist than to actually deal with racism. And, because we have been taught to expect nothing, when we get anything, it is like gold. And that is wrong. It is a problem... I feel like there is a Richter scale of racism for people where only a lynching or a real hate crime is seen as serious but anything that is subconscious or not overtly hateful, is like whatever *handwave*... It is not about the fact that there is no lynching or KKK people or burning crosses. It is about what it is telling about a group of people to a majority who already feels this way.

Edited by poddroid2, Apr 13, 2012 @ 9:15 PM.

NickyJean

NickyJean

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 15, 2012 @ 3:55 AM

Hello everyone. I just got through reading the Racialiousarticle on Bonnie and even did a reply on my Tumblrabout it. The point of my post was that I think Plec has a problem with Bonnie's Philosophy on hating all Vampires and she has every reason too. Caroline is an exception not a rule. Someone has to hate the Vamps and it can't be Sheriff Forbes, or the Mayor for obvious reasons. So when someone has to state the obvious it has to be Bonnie.

I even pondered the thought on what if Evil Alric killed Abby while Damon turned Bill. At least then we would have seen an apology scene that may have not been so easily received. I think Plec hates bonnie for the same reason others on this board despise her character so she only puts her in things that push her agenda. You have to even wonder if maybe that Plec is using Damon to actually and purposefully drive a wedge between Bonnie and Elena with Caroline drawn more to the middle. It wasn't that long again in Season one when Caroline felt like the outcase because bonnie and Elena were sharing so many secrets with each other Witches and vampire stuff and NOT including her for obvious reasons, but still it's important to note that the tide has turned to where Bonnie is the outcast and it is only because Caroline was turned that she was allowed past the velvet rope.

--Edit--
Also what makes me think this isn't about race was because I came across the article about Elena being ok with Genocide and killing all the vampires save those she knows and cares about. It never crossed MY mind for one minute, that there are other good vampires. I mean sure there are better ones then Damon but on the scheme of things they only view us as food. Even Lexi and Lee showed there was only one way for that love story to end. Consider the thousands of people just being saved from one line of vampires being destroyed, and there is a doubt that all vamps should go? Really? That perspective floored me. Good Vampires? Never heard of it. Can you imagine this conversation with Bonnie? The only one I would feel bad about is Caroline. I would actually want to give her a stake with ever original tied down and see how SHE would handle this moral delima of her life/or lack there of, over every vampire being destroyed. Considering her father walked into the sun, I find it very difficult to believe that she wouldn't start playing Russian Roulette with the Originals.

When you take Bonnie's hate on for vampires and try and tell her there are some good ones out there that deserved to be saved. I'm sure she would ask How many people died for that vampire to become a good person and re-evaluate his life. Stefan/Damon are all about saving Elena, but I'm a firm believe that Bonnie's about saving everyone and eradicating vampires would do that.

Plus my main point is Bonnie can't support the Love Triangle which according to Plec is the "heart" of the show.

Edited by NickyJean, Apr 15, 2012 @ 4:07 AM.

wildling

wildling

Fanatic

Posted Apr 28, 2012 @ 1:50 PM

From the episode thread:

As used to as I am to Damon's non-apologies to Bonnie, we're talking about the same guy who said he would kill her off if that's what it takes to save Elena and, this time, it was a win/win situation for it would've saved Bonnie's mother as well. Damon knows it, Bonnie knows it, even my dog knows it and yet I haven't heard a single line to justify why Damon didn't take the obvious call in this matter when all the people involved knew what that call was.

...I understand her right to be angry but I would love to know what other choice there was other than turning her or Abbie, or letting Elena die. The witches had to be turned or they would still be witches. Damon did make another choice, they staked Kol. They spent the time trying to find another way. It would have been nice if Damon could have been more sincere in his apology but everything that happens is not his fault.

Then again, it was Damon who swore he would kill Bonnie before losing Elena and it was Damon the one who changed the terms of engagement as he and Bonnie established them; I'm 99.9% sure Bonnie had no problems with dying if that would spare her own mother and I'm a 100% sure she actually said as much regarding Elena, which makes not to kill/turn her a blatant contradition of everything Damon has stood up for so far.

So, while an hypocritical apology sounds almost like a standard issue between them, the not-to-kill her part is completely out of character and, as far as I can tell, there's no justification for it.

Edited by wildling, Apr 28, 2012 @ 2:00 PM.

redbudrose

redbudrose

Fanatic

Posted Apr 28, 2012 @ 2:39 PM

Then again, it was Damon who swore he would kill Bonnie before losing Elena and it was Damon

That's not exactly what he said. He said if he came down to it the two of them, he would choose Elena. Just like Elena would save Jeremy over Tyler, or Alaric or Mayor Lockwood. Everyone, has people that they are closer to then others. It's not weird to think you would save the person closest to you if you had to make a choice.

luvprue1

luvprue1

Fanatic

Posted Apr 28, 2012 @ 4:38 PM

Then again, it was Damon who swore he would kill Bonnie before losing Elena and it was Damon the one who changed the terms of engagement as he and Bonnie established them; I'm 99.9% sure Bonnie had no problems with dying if that would spare her own mother and I'm a 100% sure she actually said as much regarding Elena, which makes not to kill/turn her a blatant contradition of everything Damon has stood up for so far.

Damon said that given a choice between saving Elena,and saving Bonnie, he would always chose Elena. However when Stefan and Damon found out that they had to break Esther's connection to the Bennet's line. Stefan thought that they would have to "Kill' one of them. He thought one of them had to die. Re watch the episode, you will see that Stefan was talking about killing them. However Damon is the one who figure out that you had to turn one to prevent Esther from channeling the Bennett power. If Damon had just killed Abby instead of turning her, Esther would have still been able to channel the power of the Bennett line. But adding a vampire in the mix broke the connection.

northern eye

northern eye

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 28, 2012 @ 8:13 PM

Since Esther was up and running on Bennet power for a good portion of the last episode, snapping Abby's neck now seems a little pointless.

luvprue1

luvprue1

Fanatic

Posted Apr 28, 2012 @ 8:51 PM

Since Esther was up and running on Bennet power for a good portion of the last episode, snapping Abby's neck now seems a little pointless.

She not running on Bennett power anymore. She is dying. Esther use the Salvatore family crypt for a source of power. At this point we do not know why the Salvatore family crypt is a power source, but I'm sure we will find out later.

I was glad that we got to see Bonnie's house for the first time,and that they mention her father. Maybe one day we will find out his name. Hey, does anyone know if Bonnie slept with Jamie? It seem like she did, but it also seem way too soon.

Edited by luvprue1, Apr 28, 2012 @ 8:54 PM.

wildling

wildling

Fanatic

Posted Apr 28, 2012 @ 9:27 PM

Damon said that given a choice between saving Elena,and saving Bonnie, he would always chose Elena...

Yet a choice was given and Bonnie's mother was killed instead. I'm not arguing who's to blame, I'm not arguing if it's more merciful to kill only the daughter or mother & daughter to spare both the suffering, I'm not even arguing that to turn one broke the connection: what I'm saying is that, given the choice, Damon acted against everything Bonnie was told he was going to do and the 'apology' did nothing as far as an explanation goes.

Edited by wildling, Apr 28, 2012 @ 9:29 PM.

Munchiewoman

Munchiewoman

Fanatic

Posted Apr 28, 2012 @ 9:58 PM

Yet a choice was given and Bonnie's mother was killed instead. I'm not arguing who's to blame, I'm not arguing if it's more merciful to kill only the daughter or mother & daughter to spare both the suffering, I'm not even arguing that to turn one broke the connection: what I'm saying is that, given the choice, Damon acted against everything Bonnie was told he was going to do and the 'apology' did nothing as far as an explanation goes.

Damon acted against what Bonnie was told he was going to do?? First off, Bonnie wasn't even involved in the Damon's choice conversation. Damon didn't tell Bonnie he was going to do anything, he told Elena if he had a choice, he'd choose Elena. It's not like he went into the various possible choices of who could actually be in danger and said "If it's you and Bonnie, Bonnie's dead. If it's you, Bonnie and someone else, Bonnie is still toast because I just don't like the witch." You're making it sound like he "promised" to kill Bonnie or even wanted to kill Bonnie. All he said was that if he had no choice but one that meant either Bonnie or Elena died (not Bonnie and her mother, Bonnie and Elena), he'd make the choice that saved Elena. There's no violation of anything he ever said to Bonnie. There was no intent to kill Bonnie, just an intent to save Elena. I don't see how that is in any way "going against" what he told Bonnie. And, frankly, even if it IS going against something he told Bonnie, are you now arguing that Damon's wrong for NOT killing Bonnie as you think he said he would??

And the apology very clearly explained that Elijah was the one who forced this on them and that Elena would die if they hadn't taken action. And as others have said, Bonnie was railing against Damon for his choices, but this was actually the least damaging, since at least her mother gets to live on in some fashion. Even if she's an abandoning bitch. Every other scenario would leave someone dead dead.

Viva Elijah

Viva Elijah

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 28, 2012 @ 10:06 PM

Also what makes me think this isn't about race was because I came across the article about Elena being ok with Genocide and killing all the vampires save those she knows and cares about. It never crossed MY mind for one minute, that there are other good vampires. I mean sure there are better ones then Damon but on the scheme of things they only view us as food. Even Lexi and Lee showed there was only one way for that love story to end. Consider the thousands of people just being saved from one line of vampires being destroyed, and there is a doubt that all vamps should go? Really? That perspective floored me. Good Vampires? Never heard of it. Can you imagine this conversation with Bonnie? The only one I would feel bad about is Caroline. I would actually want to give her a stake with ever original tied down and see how SHE would handle this moral delima of her life/or lack there of, over every vampire being destroyed. Considering her father walked into the sun, I find it very difficult to believe that she wouldn't start playing Russian Roulette with the Originals.

I think is a really surface way of looking at Bonnie's character. It's not just about the particular details in Bonnie's dialogue or actions. It's the composite of her character. The way she is portrayed. She doesn't get to express her own emotions. She has Elena and most often Caroline to do that for her. Her character is called upon to do the bidding of Elena, Stefan, Caroline, and Damon and any other vampire who runs through the town. When she does get a major arc, she somehow manages to become secondary in it. As poddroid2 said, it may be conscious and it may be subconscious, but the way Bonnie's character was written is racist. Julie Plec may not understand the nuances behind that and it's a shame, but that doesn't make it any less true. Like her post mentioned, racism isn't always lynching. Racism is always obviously physical hate based actions. Sometimes racism is insidious and it's embedded into our every day lives in ways we cannot see unless we are victims in it. The same is true of classism and homophobia. Based on her tweets, Julie has responded to fans concerns about Bonnie's character with hypocritical statements regarding Bonnie's love interests. Yes, it could be that Julie Plec herself identifies with Elena's view of supernatural creatures rather than Bonnie's, but in the larger picture of service, storyline and treatment of Bonnie's character it is representative of a larger trend of the way that people of color, particularly women of color are treated in television and film. As sidekicks. As maids. Etc.

wildling

wildling

Fanatic

Posted Apr 28, 2012 @ 10:16 PM

Damon acted against what Bonnie was told he was going to do?...

The way I see it, unless Bonnie was told Damon was going to kill/turn whoever it takes to keep her alive that's exactly what happened: she doesn't need an apology, she needs a damn good reason for it. And, frankly, so do I.

Edited by wildling, Apr 28, 2012 @ 10:19 PM.

Suspectno1

Suspectno1

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 29, 2012 @ 11:58 AM

Hey, does anyone know if Bonnie slept with Jamie? It seem like she did, but it also seem way too soon.

I dont think she did, I would be side eyeing the writers so hard if they already did considering there was literally no build up and they had like one minute of screen time together.
Also not really a fan of the couple, I feel like the writers just wanted Bonnie to have someone for awhile a way to please fans maybe. We have Elena and Caroline who have two love interest and it feels like the writers remembered Bonnie is single and decided to pair her up with Jamie.

Edited by Suspectno1, Apr 29, 2012 @ 12:04 PM.

redbudrose

redbudrose

Fanatic

Posted Apr 29, 2012 @ 12:56 PM

At this point we do not know why the Salvatore family crypt is a power source, but I'm sure we will find out later.

They told us the crypt just happened to be built on the hot spot, which is there because that was where Klaus killed Esther. When a witch dies a violent death it releases some energy into the earth in that spot, like the 100 dead witches that were burned

Yet a choice was given and Bonnie's mother was killed instead.

Damon never told Bonnie about his choice, and he also never said when comes down to Bonnie and anyone else, I will always choose someone else. Given what he said about choosing Elena over Bonnie, it makes perfect sense he would choose Bonnie over her mom. He had no relationship with her.

wildling

wildling

Fanatic

Posted Apr 29, 2012 @ 1:29 PM

Damon never told Bonnie about his choice, and he also never said when comes down to Bonnie and anyone else, I will always choose someone else.

It's no secret that Bonnie has a very public beef with vampires in general - and Damon in particular - ever since the show started, it's also no secret that Damon reciprocates her in kind and both characters have been very verbal about it, therefore I think it makes perfect sense for Bonnie to assume that, whenever it comes to this, she's toasted: As of now, Damon has no reason to choose her over her mother.

Edited by wildling, Apr 30, 2012 @ 12:43 AM.

ladym05

ladym05

Fanatic

Posted May 2, 2012 @ 7:22 PM

Also not really a fan of the couple, I feel like the writers just wanted Bonnie to have someone for awhile a way to please fans maybe. We have Elena and Caroline who have two love interest and it feels like the writers remembered Bonnie is single and decided to pair her up with Jamie.

As a Bonnie fan, I was asking for some character development and they gave her a boyfriend. I am so disappointed, I hate the character of Jamie and have a deep developing fear that he will be back for season 4. I am also sad that in 2012, when you talk about the development of a young woman it translates into a boyfriend. I would have preferred for Bonnie to remain single and get introduced to her father. Btw, what father in the world is going to leave his teenage daughter home alone for months on end.

doram

doram

Couch Potato

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 12:05 AM

Well, he's more race appropriate than Jeremy so I'm sure we'll get more makeout scenes between Jamie and Bonnie than we had for Jeremy and Bonnie.

NickyJean

NickyJean

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 3:25 AM

Love isn't just blind but color blind. I would hope that as a TVD fan a person would want someone story appropriate for Bonnie no matter the race. that comment above hurt my heart.

Viva Elijah

Viva Elijah

Video Archivist

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 7:40 AM

Well, he's more race appropriate than Jeremy so I'm sure we'll get more makeout scenes between Jamie and Bonnie than we had for Jeremy and Bonnie.

Love isn't just blind but color blind. I would hope that as a TVD fan a person would want someone story appropriate for Bonnie no matter the race. that comment above hurt my heart.

Thanks, NickyJean. I'm not sure what was race inappropriate about Bonnie and Jeremy. The first comment is baffling and worrisome.

ETA: There actually isn't anything remotely race inappropriate about Bonnie and Jeremy. Their relationship making people uncomfortable does not make it inappropriate.

Edited by Viva Elijah, May 3, 2012 @ 8:09 AM.

doram

doram

Couch Potato

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 3:45 PM

?

I guess the irony in my comment wasn't clear which is the unfortunate by-product of communicating without tone or facial expressions.

How "color blind" love on TV is and the probematic portrayal of Bonnie's romantic life as a Black woman, and the romantic lives of Black women on TV in general will be better discussed in the 'Race Card' thread.

pjamma

pjamma

Stalker

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 11:22 PM

I don't see how Jamie is more race appropriate then Jeremy. Sure, Bonnie and Jamie are the same race but that does not mean they are more suited for each other, IMO.

TWoP Howard

TWoP Howard

TWoP Moderator

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 12:38 AM

The poster was using "race appropriate" as a sardonic commentary on how the network, and TV in general, handles mixed-race pairings, which, if you didnít pick up on it the first time, was explained in the second post. It doesnít need any more discussion here. Get back to talking about Bonnie, please.

luvprue1

luvprue1

Fanatic

Posted May 11, 2012 @ 8:09 AM

I actually love Bonnie in the season finale. She was really kick ass. I like that she made a decision that had nothing to do with Damon and wasn't all about Elena. It also seem like Bonnie will have some character development next season.

NickyJean

NickyJean

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 11, 2012 @ 9:46 PM

My only issue with Bonnie going dark is the principle of the magic in this show. Abby did the spell tapping into dark magic and then abandoned her daughter and home. I believe she stated as punishment her magic had abandoned her. If that is the case, Bonnie can't really do anything that the Magic's don't approve of or they can leave her. I believe a more plausible answer may be that Abby after she did that spell for one reason or another turned her back on magic and chose not to practice it any longer. Whether it was because Abby tasted the dark and liked it or feared it, her running from it makes more sense. It's why I can't figure out why Witches work for vampires or even Can work for vampires if the Magic can be stopped in some fashion by a higher power.

Also I don't mind Bonnie gaining her own agenda, but I don't want her to go destroy the world evil. Right now the group is really fractured at the moment. Damon and Stefan are going to be at odds over the fact that Elena is a vampire and I'm sure Damon will completely blame Stefan for that. Jeremy and Matt went rouge and kidnapped Elena. Bonnie and possibly Tyler, saved Klaus in a way that will impact not just the group but definitely Caroline. They have all betrayed each other hoping to save/help the group. This would be the perfect way to start next season by driving a deeper wedge into that group. The council using the divide to get Matt, Jeremy and Bonnie on the side of humans. A well placed vision of living through the lives of everyone Stefan has killed might make Bonnie a bit more inclined to help the Council save the lives of every day not Elena people. Maybe Jeremy seeing the ghost of people that have died at the hand of Caroline, Tyler, Stefan, and Damon, might slowly drive him mad. Matt might be faced with a tragedy of Kol or Damon having a bad day and might be too late to save people. Either way these people are ripe for the taking and Bonnie could be at the center of it.

wildling

wildling

Fanatic

Posted May 12, 2012 @ 11:22 AM

I actually love Bonnie in the season finale. She was really kick ass. I like that she made a decision that had nothing to do with Damon and wasn't all about Elena

I'm just glad The Secret Circle got cancelled because this show could finally get some of the witchcraft back.

Edited by wildling, May 12, 2012 @ 11:23 AM.

NickyJean

NickyJean

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 12, 2012 @ 12:55 PM

I'm just glad The Secret Circle got cancelled because this show could finally get some of the witchcraft back.

Have to disagree. Plec could learn so much from TSC especially about not having Love triangles, using an ensemble cast, and I did like their magic-verse or magic rules better. The way Plec uses magic in TVD is part of the reason Bonnie is seemed more of a tool/plot device. Even in the finale she was in the Bamon scene because she had to spell the casket and luckily give her a bit of lines about how Klaus screwed over her life, and then with the reveal of the Klaus/Tyler spell.