Damon Salvatore: The Hotness, It Burns

• Please log in to reply

1596 replies to this topic

vgerd

vgerd

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 27, 2012 @ 7:02 PM

Damn Esther. I wish there was some way Damon could find to torture Esther for eternity for what she did to Alaric.

Oh hell yes. This must happen. Maybe find a way to banish Esther and Klaus to some hell zone where they'll be forced to spend an eternity of torment together? Now THAT would be a fitting punishment for both of them.

redbudrose

redbudrose

Fanatic

Posted Apr 27, 2012 @ 11:04 PM

My heart broke for Damon, as he lost his only friend.

DigiKing

DigiKing

Fanatic

Posted Apr 28, 2012 @ 10:53 PM

I think she was referring to Damon/Rebekah sleepover. Which I think is pretty weak on Elena's part. She told him to get lost and he found another honeypot, and that is wrong somehow?

Of course it is (from her perspective). It robs her rejection of any power. She doesn't want to have to invest herself in Damon, but she still wants him to worship her, because it helps her. I don't think she does any of that consciously, but I think it was part of her motivation.

pepperclove

pepperclove

Couch Potato

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 10:14 PM

I realized during tonight's episode that, although I adore Damon and detest Stefan, I think I hope that Elena chooses Stefan. She and Damon are hot together, but I don't want her dragging him down. Yes, my Elena dislike has reached that level because I also still desperately want to see Damon get to be happy for a little while on the show (has he ever gotten to be happy for more than, like, one scene?). Just not with Elena.

vgerd

vgerd

Video Archivist

Posted May 5, 2012 @ 10:50 AM

I realized during tonight's episode that, although I adore Damon and detest Stefan, I think I hope that Elena chooses Stefan. She and Damon are hot together, but I don't want her dragging him down. Yes, my Elena dislike has reached that level because I also still desperately want to see Damon get to be happy for a little while on the show (has he ever gotten to be happy for more than, like, one scene?). Just not with Elena.

But Elena is who he wants. I'm at the point where I'd like to see him get the girl for once, and see him be happy for a bit. It ain't gonna last, after all. It's TVD. No one gets to be happy for more than half an episode.

pepperclove

pepperclove

Couch Potato

Posted May 5, 2012 @ 2:44 PM

That a good point, vgerd, and I definitely do want to see Damon get the girl (and even get chosen over Stefan). So I guess I'm torn again. My counterargument would be that sometimes Damon wants things that aren't good for him - the whole Katherine obsession comes to mind - and the writers have apparently gone to great lengths this season to convince me that Elena is Katherine without the self-preservation instincts, so I'm not convinced that Elena will be good for Damon. I guess I'm not convinced that she feels anything other than physical attraction for him. If I'm going to get behind Damon-Elena again, the writers are going to have to sell that Elena actually loves Damon because I don't see it right now.

That's also a good point that no one gets to be happy on this show, and it's part of what I love about it. It would be boring to just watch the characters sitting around being happy (well, except maybe Damon, who would still be awesomely snarky and gorgeous). But a number of the characters have gotten to be in happy relationships for at least a few episodes. Elena and Stefan were happy together for much of two seasons, Caroline and Tyler have been happy on and off before being torn apart (some might argue Caroline and Matt, too, although Matt didn't seem to like Caroline much when they were together), etc - whereas Damon hasn't gotten a real relationship yet, unless you count Andi, which I doubt most of us would. So he's due, I think.

redbudrose

redbudrose

Fanatic

Posted May 5, 2012 @ 2:51 PM

pepperclove, vgerd, I agree with both of your posts. I want Damon to be happy, so I want him to get the girl he wants. If she chooses Damon, I want him to get her out of his system because she will eventually go back to Stefan. After that, I want him to find a girl, that is a real love interest, not someone like Andie. Someone who loves him, and only him, a girl he is head over heels for. I don't think he can have that until he has something with Elena.

vgerd

vgerd

Video Archivist

Posted May 5, 2012 @ 4:42 PM

I want Damon to be happy, so I want him to get the girl he wants. If she chooses Damon, I want him to get her out of his system because she will eventually go back to Stefan.

I don't know about that. I think once Elena lets herself admit that Damon is the one she wants, she won't go back to Stefan unless something happens to tear them apart. Which let's face it, we all know will happen at some point.

After that, I want him to find a girl, that is a real love interest, not someone like Andie. Someone who loves him, and only him, a girl he is head over heels for. I don't think he can have that until he has something with Elena.

This, however, I agree with wholeheartedly. I think if something does happen to break them up, Damon should move on and find someone won't be one iota interested in anyone else but him.

SnowFox

SnowFox

Fanatic

Posted May 5, 2012 @ 8:15 PM

I want Damon to make the decision himself and call it a day. When Elena starts waffling around unable to choose, I want Damon to tell her to go be with Stefan, or whoever because he's not wasting another 145 years on someone. If Elena can't figure out what she wants, Damon will move on and find someone who can.

vgerd

vgerd

Video Archivist

Posted May 5, 2012 @ 11:56 PM

I want Damon to make the decision himself and call it a day. When Elena starts waffling around unable to choose, I want Damon to tell her to go be with Stefan, or whoever because he's not wasting another 145 years on someone. If Elena can't figure out what she wants, Damon will move on and find someone who can.

I could live with that, but I don't think it will happen. Now that Elena has indicated that she actually views being with Damon as an option, I think he'll wait for her decision. But if she chooses anything other than to be with him, I would hope he has enough self respect to move on.

Edited by vgerd, May 5, 2012 @ 11:59 PM.

SnowFox

SnowFox

Fanatic

Posted May 11, 2012 @ 1:28 PM

Poor Damon, holding Alaric in his arms as he dies for real, knowing that meant Elena was also dead. Maybe Alaric, Rose and Mason can come visit Damon as ghosts.

beakermuppet

beakermuppet

Couch Potato

Posted May 12, 2012 @ 2:14 PM

I'm going to assume that, even though Meredith bloodjacked Damon, he will be blamed for Elena turning. I mean everything else is his fault [/sarcasm].

redbudrose

redbudrose

Fanatic

Posted May 12, 2012 @ 5:51 PM

I'm going to assume that, even though Meredith bloodjacked Damon, he will be blamed for Elena turning. I mean everything else is his fault [/sarcasm].

You're so right!

Of course, he also should have tackled Bonnie so she could feed Alaric, not been the best friend at let Ric die in peace. He certainly never took his balls back and left Elena with a group of children. [/sarcasm]

Edited by TWoP Howard, May 12, 2012 @ 10:06 PM.
Added quote tags

SnowFox

SnowFox

Fanatic

Posted Oct 13, 2012 @ 5:53 PM

I want Damon to leave town. Next time there is a problem, which should be five minutes from now, I don't want Stefan to be able to say, "Damon's handling it, get Damon, call Damon, Damon's on it."

Matarreyes

Matarreyes

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 13, 2012 @ 6:58 PM

Yes please. At least, please explain to me why he is staying. By now, he should have figured it out that both Elena and Stefan are taking him for granted over his love for her. Stefan should do his own killing as required, and protect his girlfriend on his own. And Elena should accept Stefan´s help and get by with it, and not run to Damon every time there is something her ripper/blood addicted boyfriend cannot manage.

This is about the only storyline I would be looking forward to, but I already know it´s not gonna happen. He is my favorite character, but I am quickly tiring of him because his behavior is so doormatey of late. Get a clue: if a girl actively samples your kisses and later turns you down for a guy who recently had a killing spree, you should stop being her bodyguard and get yourself another occupation.

pepperclove

pepperclove

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 13, 2012 @ 7:41 PM

I completely agree, Matarreyes. Maybe Damon could leave town and meet up with Katherine and they could have crazy, snarky adventures? That would be so much more fun to watch than the "epic love" of Elena and Stefan and the pointless whining of Klaus. Elena didn't choose Damon despite everything he's done for her and his best efforts to change to be the man she wanted - and as you said, she rejected him after essentially trying him out. And she said this episode that she not only doesn't regret that decision, but considers it the best choice she's ever made. That's fine with me since Damon deserves someone far more interesting and fun than Elena, so writers, please just let him move on. (If you must get Damon and Elena together sometime in the future, so be it, but let Damon have other story lines for a while first. Everyone is sick of the current state of the triangle.)

I was a bit disappointed that Damon tried to kill Matt this episode, though. Biting him and using him as bait seemed perfectly in character, and I suppose lashing out and attacking him was, too, but it felt like a step back from where I'd like to see Damon be right now in terms of controlling his emotions. I liked the point that someone made in the episode thread that Damon was grieving all episode. He was so tense and angry the whole time - I thought IS did a good job with the body language of someone struggling with overwhelming emotions of rage and sadness, trying desperately to hold it together and only partially succeeding.

converse

converse

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 13, 2012 @ 8:19 PM

While I have re-watched Season 1 and 2, I deliberately have not watched season 3 again as Damon's personality change is just not must-see viewing. Julie Plec has said that Damon's devil-may-care attitude is coming back this season and I certainly hope so. Seeing him mope over Elena and Stefan is a waste of a great character. Here's hoping Damon finds someone to actually care about; I don't think it will be more, as I still think the Damon/Elena coupling will happen, sooner or later. Perhaps watching Damon in a real relationship will be the trigger for moving the triangle forward.

Fable

Fable

Fanatic

Posted Oct 13, 2012 @ 9:23 PM

I still think the Damon/Elena coupling will happen

Ick!!! I don't dislike either of them, but, if you ask me, she is just too Mary Sue for him, and even if they start to write her character darker, in my opinion, it will be too little too late! I think Elena and Stefan are exactly right together. Damon needs someone more like Rose or, yes, even Katherine!

Edited by Fable, Oct 13, 2012 @ 9:28 PM.

gingercharm21

gingercharm21

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 13, 2012 @ 9:56 PM

Was Damon always such a whiny little bitch? Everything is a huge dramatic production with him and his behavior was absolutely abhorrent in the first episode of season four. This show needs a character like Pearl to come around again and put him in his place. I'm trying to think back to the earlier seasons and although I remember the Kathryn obsession, I think I remember him being a little more composed.

It just comes across to me as: Why is he so melodramatic and basing his happiness on whether or not an 18 year old high-school girl reciprocates his "love"? Who is she really? He's lived for how long, met how many people, experienced so many events, and this is who/what his life is meant for now? It just makes no sense to me.

Edited by gingercharm21, Oct 13, 2012 @ 9:58 PM.

SnowFox

SnowFox

Fanatic

Posted Oct 14, 2012 @ 10:36 AM

Maybe Damon could leave town and meet up with Katherine and they could have crazy, snarky adventures?

I would watch that. I loved Damon and Katherine's road trip last year, and hated that it was cut short. It would have been awesome if Damon/Katherine/Jeremy said to hell with finding Mikael, and went off for an adventure with ghost Anna. Damon could have sent for Alaric, and at some point they all could have met up with Caroline and Tyler who both decided the best course of action was to get the hell out of Mystic Falls.

coxfire

coxfire

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 15, 2012 @ 5:09 AM

It just comes across to me as: Why is he so melodramatic and basing his happiness on whether or not an 18 year old high-school girl reciprocates his "love"? Who is she really? He's lived for how long, met how many people, experienced so many events, and this is who/what his life is meant for now? It just makes no sense to me.

Exactly. Damon supposedly "luuuuuuuuuving" Elena never made any sense, except providing the writers a semblance of "Triangle", which was never effective and became fast boring.

I could get that Damon loved Katherine: she was one of a kind back in the days, and matched his personnality once he turned. But Elena? At best she pitied him, but most of the time, she hates and disapproves everything he is, she is not fun, she constantly reminds him she loves his brother...

They completely screwed his character with his "luuuuve" for Elena and made him nothing more than her pet: he is allowed to bark/bite only when she tells him to, when it is in her favor, but gets slapped on the nose as soon as he deviates from "her" moral compass.

I wish the writers would finally admit the Damon and Elena is doomed and wouldn't work anyway, and allow both characters to evolve on their own.

Matarreyes

Matarreyes

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 15, 2012 @ 9:38 AM

I have no problem with Damon loving Elena during seasons 1-3. I do have a problem with him continuing to do so now. The girl alternates between telling him she loves his brother and expecting him to always be there for her, lecturing him on selflessness along the way. It´s high time he called her out on this bullshit and left her to her own devices for a while. The guy can love her and still walk away, and by now his pride demands it. If she maybe grows up in the interim, he can decide if he wants to give her another chance.

winter bird

winter bird

Loyal Viewer

Posted Oct 16, 2012 @ 12:23 PM

I want Damon to leave town. Next time there is a problem, which should be five minutes from now, I don't want Stefan to be able to say, "Damon's handling it, get Damon, call Damon, Damon's on it."

As much as I want this to happen, I don't think he will ever be allowed to leave. He must stick around and be the town punching bag for all eternity! I know that Damon has done some bad shit and it really can't be ignored... or easily forgiven, but it pisses me off when everyone is more than willing to let him do their dirty deeds as well and then act all self righteous afterward. It's just not right for him to be treated that way. Damon is better than I am because I'd be telling them all to go to hell and I'd leave nothing but a cloud of dust behind me as I go on my way away from all the idiots.

Limber

Limber

Fanatic

Posted Oct 19, 2012 @ 1:38 AM

I'm hoping that Elena's vamping will add a new layer to her understanding of both brothers. As a human, she gravitated to the brother who best fit her concept of "normal", and she constantly judged the one she saw as deviant. As a vampire, I'd like to see her realize exactly how much of Stefan's persona is a really carefully constructed shell around a much more violent core than she was ever allowed to see. That's not saying Stefan's horrible and deceptive, just that she saw what she wanted to see, and now I'd hope her perception is altered. And she's going to have to reassess her views of Damon as well, now she's actually experiencing the heightened emotions and can taste the difference between types of blood. She already appears to understand that Damon's the better resource for baseline vampire survival.

That last speech of Damon's was great. He's old, and Alaric at least got that aspect of him. I can't imagine how bizarre it would be to watch 20 year olds hold a memorial service when you've lived ten of their lifetimes in a row, lost everyone you've ever known or met, and they want to navel-gaze. His skin must have crawled right off his body.

And frankly, there is something fantastic about the boyfriend who will ensure your survival no matter what, regardless of your wishes. Elena gets away with too many stupid decisions because she's not challenged on them. Damon doesn't even pretend to agree with her when she puts herself at risk. He's economized over the years as to who he values and will protect, and she qualifies. Whether she wants to or not.

I can't even fault him for the blood-sharing thing, unless there turns out to be a much more significant factor to it than "it's enjoyable". Elena needed blood, his blood would do the trick, and her getting fed trumps him getting off as far as I'm concerned. Especially as he didn't drop her afterwards, and showed up with fresh clothes and a bloodbag when called. His interest was clearly her survival, and if he got off on the blood-sharing? Two birds, one stone, big deal.

SnowFox

SnowFox

Fanatic

Posted Oct 19, 2012 @ 8:08 AM

The only interesting part of this episode was Damon and Alaric. Did Damon make a promise to Alaric to stay in Mystic Falls and protect everyone if something happened to Alaric? Because Damon sounded like he wanted to leave, but couldn't because of Alaric.

I did like Damon telling Liz and Elena they couldn’t sit in Alaric’s spot. It would have been funny if Alaric was in the bar with Damon like he was at the cemetery.

It looks like Damon and Jeremy miss Alaric the most, and Jeremy knows it.

I wish someone besides Damon would point out that Stefan’s animal diet doesn’t work. It hasn’t worked for Stefan, Vicki, Caroline or Elena.

My Way

My Way

Stalker

Posted Oct 19, 2012 @ 10:37 AM

Julie Plec has said that Damon's devil-may-care attitude is coming back this season

Thank god! Damon should always be fun, even though in this episode he made me cry buckets.

As a vampire, I'd like to see her realize exactly how much of Stefan's persona is a really carefully constructed shell around a much more violent core than she was ever allowed to see.

I would like that too. Stefan is self deluded…when he is not in ‘ripper’ personality, he has convinced himself that he is really the nice one. He’s not. Maybe she’ll see more of that with this change.

It would have been funny if Alaric was in the bar with Damon like he was at the cemetery.

Awww. It was hard to tell if Damon knew Alaric was there or not, maybe he had faith. That’s kind of beautiful.

zizou

zizou

Fanatic

Posted Oct 21, 2012 @ 10:54 AM

Yes please. At least, please explain to me why he is staying.

It seems you got your wish granted. ;)
This last episode has convinced me that Damon will either leave or "die" during this season, there was too much foreshadowing.

SnowFox

SnowFox

Fanatic

Posted Oct 21, 2012 @ 10:59 AM

If Damon dies, I want the ghost Damon, Alaric and Mason show.

winter bird

winter bird

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 2, 2012 @ 1:01 PM

I am getting sick and tired of Damon being blamed for EVERYTHING. He is surrounded by nothing but hypocritical assholes. They walk around with their noses in the air after creating a mess and they know Damon will fix the shit because he's the only one in town that doesn't give a damn what other people think of him. They then have the nerve to demonize him for doing the shit that they were too fucking scared to do. Newsflash, every single one of y'all also have blood on your hands. You are no better than he is. Stefan is the worst offender when it comes to this and he has everyone on his side because he's the "good" brother. Give me a fucking break. This is why I want Damon to peace the fuck out and never look back. He is just hurting himself more by sticking around and taking care of a town that couldn't care less about him.

SnowFox

SnowFox

Fanatic

Posted Nov 16, 2012 @ 9:35 AM

After this latest episode, I want Damon to leave Mystic Falls more than ever. Elena still calling Damon for help, insisting she can’t call Stefan, and there is no one else to help her. Then Stefan telling Damon to work with Bonnie to help Elena, and then demanding Damon go find a missing Elena and save her. Then both Stefan and Elena acting like victims, and like they have a split personality or alter ego who is responsible for their choices. In the end, I just know no matter how much Damon helps them, these two idiots will blame Damon for any and everything that goes wrong.

Even though Matt probably hates Damon, and knows Damon hates him, Matt goes to Damon with information because he knows Damon will take action while everyone else waits around for Damon to take action.

It would be so great if Alaric’s ghost was hanging around Damon, and Damon knew it, and that’s another reason he orders Alaric a drink, and won’t let anyone sit in Alaric’s spot.