Big Time Rush

• Please log in to reply

144 replies to this topic

Chrysaor

Chrysaor

Fanatic

Posted Aug 8, 2011 @ 3:12 PM

I admit, the facedown gag from Big Time Single made me giggle every time.

I don't even want to think about Big Time Breakup anymore because I've basically been drowned in "Worldwide" for a month as a result. I'm pretty sure the same thing will happen with BTSingle and "If I Ruled The World," but at least it's an upbeat number. "Worldwide" is a pretty song (especially on the album, which I shamefully admit to buying), but mother of suck is it ever a downer!

acsgrlie1

acsgrlie1

Fanatic

Posted Aug 19, 2011 @ 2:37 AM

I first started watching Big Time RUsh after seeing their "Worldwide" video and thinking how similar it looked to "I Want It That Way" but the boys had good voices and the song was catchy in its own right.
I really enjoy the show as well. I'm still catching a few episodes here and there so I don't think I've seen a whole season yet but I seem to be enjoying Season 1 episodes more than Season 2 episodes. It seems like they're trying too hard to be funny or maybe the jokes are more corny in the second season. There are still a few entertaining episodes and gags though.

I do hope the show is on the air long enough for the guys to tour again since I would love to see them live. Although, I'm sure I'll be the oldest fan there.

Edited by acsgrlie1, Aug 19, 2011 @ 2:37 AM.

dhb

dhb

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 19, 2011 @ 9:53 AM

Season 3 has already been confirmed. I'm sure there will be another album and tour.

bluegray73

bluegray73

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 19, 2011 @ 7:53 PM

The second album's coming out this fall, or so I've read. You hear all kinds of rumors when you get into fandoms predominantly run by tween/teen girls. "If I Ruled the World" is from the second album, and so is the leaked "Blow Your Speakers Out" (which I can't wait to get legally because...that shit's my jam now).

They still have a good bit of shows lined up for the next two months, mostly in the east. They'll be opening for the Biebs in Mexico soon, too!

acsgrlie1

acsgrlie1

Fanatic

Posted Aug 20, 2011 @ 1:18 AM

Season 3 has already been confirmed. I'm sure there will be another album and tour.

Glad to hear it!

Lord Seth

Lord Seth

Video Archivist

Posted Aug 21, 2011 @ 11:29 PM

I thought "Big Time Wedding" was hilarious. I think my favorite gag was when he explains that the reason they always throw the dirt around is so that they're always on Kerplankistan soil. I loved the ending also.

acsgrlie1

acsgrlie1

Fanatic

Posted Aug 22, 2011 @ 12:39 AM

My favorite part was when dirt boy said for them to wait for his signal to rush in to the wedding and then he starts throwing dirt at the guards yelling "That's my signal!" haha. Also, when James dropped the watermelon from the tower and it splatters on the ground and Kendall goes "OK you next!"

Chrysaor

Chrysaor

Fanatic

Posted Oct 2, 2011 @ 7:05 PM

A little late on "Big Time Rocker", but the Super Mario Bros. gag was pure awesome.

Chrysaor

Chrysaor

Fanatic

Posted Jan 31, 2012 @ 2:27 AM

I love that Carlos not only built himself a box house, but built himself a box house that is also somehow a TARDIS.

Kaoteek

Kaoteek

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 31, 2012 @ 3:40 PM

Agreed. As much as I don't really care for the boys' music, I gotta say there's an insanity and a cartoony feel (the constant mickey-mousing of the score helps a lot, even though it's sometimes too intrusive) to BTR that make it immensely enjoyable. In some ways, it reminds me of Parker Lewis Can't Lose, with (obviously) a more musical vibe to it. Also, I realy like the entire cast, they all seem to enjoy themselves, and not take themselves too seriously.

Edited by Kaoteek, Jan 31, 2012 @ 3:41 PM.

kcblue86

kcblue86

Fanatic

Posted Mar 11, 2012 @ 3:02 PM

Was I the only grown up watching Big Time Movie? I thought the story was good and crazy and fit well with the series. Sometimes when Nick and Disney do movies of their shows, the movies don't feel like something that could happen on the regular series. Carlos's dream was the best part to me. "Help!" and "Can't Buy Me Love" were the best of the Beatles covers to me. I thought it was kind of funny to have the whole movie be a Beatles homage while the show and movie have more of a Monkees vibe.

Kaoteek

Kaoteek

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 11, 2012 @ 7:10 PM

Was I the only grown up watching Big Time Movie?

Nope. Just finished watching it, too.

I thought the story was good and crazy and fit well with the series. Sometimes when Nick and Disney do movies of their shows, the movies don't feel like something that could happen on the regular series. Carlos's dream was the best part to me. "Help!" and "Can't Buy Me Love" were the best of the Beatles covers to me. I thought it was kind of funny to have the whole movie be a Beatles homage while the show and movie have more of a Monkees vibe.

Yup. Fun dynamic movie, with decent Beatles covers, enthusiastic actors, fun cameos (loved seing "Lurch" & Tahmoh Penikett), and a story well in line with the usual show, nonsensical, parodic & cartoony.

yagtaluda

yagtaluda

Just Tuned In

Posted Mar 14, 2012 @ 10:53 PM

I think I saw Tahmoh Penikett in the BTR movie. At least it looked like him. He was some sort of agent or security guard. Did anyone else notice?

Chrysaor

Chrysaor

Fanatic

Posted Mar 14, 2012 @ 11:14 PM

Yes, the MI6 agent in charge of the attack in the hotel lobby was Tahmoh Penikett. Gary Chalk was also the head of MI6, and Emma Lahana from Power Rangers Dino Thunder was Penny Lane. There were quite a few HITGs in this movie.

Edited by Chrysaor, Mar 14, 2012 @ 11:16 PM.

SmithW6079

SmithW6079

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 15, 2012 @ 7:44 PM

So the show's been back for a few weeks. Anyone watching?

I was a little worried because the first episode didn't impress me, but the last two were hilarious, especially the one where they move to Bel Air and the whole take-off on the "Prince of Bel Air" theme song. They even got Carlton (too bad they couldn't call the character by name).

In a way, though, I hate when shows do things like that -- move characters into new settings when we know they're going to end up back where they were at the beginning of the episode. There are too many wacky hijinx that can arise from being at the Palmwoods, and they would lose the great supporting cast there -- Camille, the Jennifers, Bitters, even the new girl Lucy.

dhb

dhb

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 6, 2012 @ 1:34 PM

Nickelodeon Greenlights Fourth Season of Big Time Rush

Well this is a nice surprise. I thought for sure that this would be the last season.

MethodActor05

MethodActor05

Stalker

Posted Sep 12, 2012 @ 1:59 AM

I kind of want an episode where they find a rival boyband from Britain has basically exploded in popularity, as a nod to the One Direction mania right now. They did a take-off on Zac Efron; I can see them being meta enough to cover One Direction.

MethodActor05

MethodActor05

Stalker

Posted Dec 18, 2012 @ 5:26 PM

I'm getting around to seeing the Lucy episodes. I enjoy Malese Jow, but I feel like she's taking a step back by being on Nick, and she sounds like she's pitching her voice unnaturally low to try and sound edgier and more grown-up, which just annoys me.

And man, the short hair is looking fantastic on James. But geez, other than Logan, all of these guys look like grown men now. I wonder if it's a deal where we're supposed to think these guys are eternally "16", or if they've reached their 20's and we're just not mentioning their ages anymore. Having Katie around makes the former hard to do..she is clearly heading straight into her teen years and time is clearly passing.

Edited by MethodActor05, Dec 18, 2012 @ 5:36 PM.

Shippaisha

Shippaisha

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 18, 2012 @ 8:31 PM

Arguably Kendall still looks the same as well. But you can tell Carlos is getting wirier, less cute and more edgy. And the way James looks now makes me wonder what the heck they were thinking with that lesbian hair (TM Ugly Americans) they started him off with at the beginning of the series. But I think he bulked up too much over the summer; his beach pictures looked like he was heading into full-on bodybuilder territory, and methinks the producers made him slim down a little for filming so that he wouldn't look too out of place in a Nickelodeon boyband.

MethodActor05

MethodActor05

Stalker

Posted Feb 4, 2013 @ 3:16 AM

I don't think Kendall really looks the same anymore. It might just be that they got rid of the side-swept bangs but the first season he completely looked 16 and I think he looks more his actual age now. I don't think it's to the point where he just looks out of place yet...James is totally heading to that point. James is a fantastic looking man, but that's the point- he no longer looks like a boy. I think the bulked up muscles and heavy tan is emphasizing that.

I checked Ciara Bravo's IMDB profile, and it says she's 15 now, which I can believe. She still looks young enough that I can buy her as a 7th/8th grade girl, but she's clearly not a little girl anymore. Have they done a "Katie goes on her first date" episode yet? It would actually be pretty hilarious.

I kinda hate that Kendall picked Jo, but Malese Jow really needs to get out of this orbit and more into Social Network-type stuff.

Finally...how incredible did Jett look as a woman? Man. He actually looked prettier than James.

Edited by MethodActor05, Feb 4, 2013 @ 3:32 AM.

SmithW6079

SmithW6079

Couch Potato

Posted May 5, 2013 @ 4:51 PM

There was a new episode this week. I'm glad I set my DVR to automatically record new episodes or I would have missed it. I like how they acknowledged all the other boy bands, especially those from the UK, and how to counteract the "threat" to their own success.

When Mrs. Knight basically threatens Griffin into backing BTR despite his intention not to, I was totally 'shipping them. It was funny how she kept getting caught by the boys, dancing to their music.

I didn't quite get Katie's dilemma. While they're the boys' girlfriends, there's no reason Katie can't hang out with Jo and Camille and talk about boys with them, though I did like how she and Buddha Bob are friends too.  

James is a fantastic looking man, but ... he no longer looks like a boy. I think the bulked up muscles and heavy tan is emphasizing that.

It was really noticeable on this episode. Now that he's rid of that awful helmet head hair, he's heading into fitness-model territory. I think Logan still looks cute and "youngish," but the rest of the boys are definitely growing up. Carlos lost his baby fat, but I think Kendall is still Kendall.

Bastinado

Bastinado

Video Archivist

Posted May 5, 2013 @ 6:12 PM

I didn't quite get Katie's dilemma. While they're the boys' girlfriends, there's no reason Katie can't hang out with Jo and Camille and talk about boys with them, though I did like how she and Buddha Bob are friends too.

Trying to be friends with Jo would probably be weird for Katie since she's her brother's girlfriend. And if things go south with them again, who does Katie side with? Camille is a slightly better option, provided Katie can deal with her off-kilter personality, but there's still whatever she has going on with Logan, who is basically also a brother to Katie.

I get that it would be casting economy to just make Katie closer friends with Jo and/or Camille, but I don't know how much they'd click personality-wise if we're staying true to Katie's character. Plus they're significantly older than she is, and I can understand how Katie might want her own friends rather than trying to integrate herself more into what is essentially Kendall's circle.

MethodActor05

MethodActor05

Stalker

Posted Aug 4, 2013 @ 4:20 AM

If that was the finale, I thought it was okay. I liked the bit about pairing Carlos up with Alexa Vega's nod to Spy Kids, and the bit at the end where Gustave and Kelly watch the boys from the wings.

It's definitely run it's course- other than Logan, these guys are seriously looking way too old to be on a kid's show. 74 episodes is actually better than what a lot of Nickelodeon shows get.

Edited by MethodActor05, Aug 4, 2013 @ 4:21 AM.

LT

LT

Fanatic

Posted Jan 6, 2014 @ 10:05 AM

Wanted to resurrect this thread to say that when Carlos gets his girlfriend, he doesn't fool around--Carlos Pena Jr. marries Alexa Vega.

MethodActor05

MethodActor05

Stalker

Posted Jan 11, 2014 @ 3:04 AM

Alexa Vega is on her second marriage before hitting 25, so let's hope this one takes. I do adore the woman, and hope she finally gets a break somewhere because she really is a wonderful, underrated actress.