Victorious

• Please log in to reply

928 replies to this topic

Talov

Talov

Couch Potato

Posted May 4, 2010 @ 12:39 PM

this Sunday's "Victorious" got 3.3 million viewers, getting higher ratings than any other show in it's timeslot.

BaggythePanther

BaggythePanther

Channel Surfer

Posted May 7, 2010 @ 1:18 AM

Jade and Beck remind me of the characters Effy and Freddie, from the British tv show Skins. Even a little more so after the last episode. Like others, I really like Jade. I like that the dynamic is slightly different than Carly/Sam because Jade is only nice when she needs something. They almost seem more like frienemies.

As for Tori's sister: Tori got into the school because of one good performance right? Who said her sister didn't get in because of one good audition?

I wonder if VICTORIOUS eventually will go with a Tori-Andre coupling

I hope not. I really like them as friends right now, however future plots may change my mind. But I would like to see a guy and girl just be friends for once.

Anyone notice the Jerry Trainor cameo?

redshirtx

redshirtx

Fanatic

Posted May 8, 2010 @ 9:47 PM

I'm kind of surprised Jerry didn't get a speaking cameo, come to think of it.

As for tonight's episode: Trina and Kat singing in the car. The return of disco. It was so utterly random it was hilarious.

lanter

lanter

Couch Potato

Posted May 8, 2010 @ 11:32 PM

I really found tonight’s episode to be funny. Pairing Cat and Trina together was a good move, their car scenes greatly amused me. Tori’s frustration with them over the phone actually made me laugh out loud, morons indeed. I have been pleasantly surprised at how well the large cast has been utilized.

I wasn’t crazy about the episodes “song” but when they put out the show’s soundtrack, and you know they will, it’s going to sell.

thearchduke

thearchduke

Channel Surfer

Posted May 9, 2010 @ 9:09 PM

I liked the song from the new episode. Thought it was catchy.

So far I'm liking most of the cast, though I think Tori and Beck are the weak links. He's pretty and bland and not given much to do, and her exasperation/confusion thing is wearing a bit thin. I think that may just be the actress's acting.

The car scenes in the new episode were the highlight, especially announcing they were on speakerphone, the singing, and stopping for ice cream.

redshirtx

redshirtx

Fanatic

Posted May 10, 2010 @ 10:01 AM

What was the song Trina and Kat were singing in the car, anyway?

Talov

Talov

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 4, 2010 @ 9:05 PM

Love how they made fun of TMZ on tonight's episode with Rob's "Robarazzi". All in all, good new episode and Tori with the stuff on her armpits being caught by the robarazzi was hilarious.

Slade347

Slade347

Fanatic

Posted Jun 4, 2010 @ 11:28 PM

"My uncle and uncle in San Francisco." Hmm....between that and the girl on girl kiss on iCarly, Dan was definitely pushing the envelope tonight.

Nice job of making fun of both TMZ and those useless luxury item stores. Oh and plus points for the rare sighting of a parent on a Nick show.

Talov

Talov

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 5, 2010 @ 1:06 AM

Oh and plus points for the rare sighting of a parent on a Nick show.

Well, Big Time Rush has Kendall's mom, just saying.

Talov

Talov

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 7, 2010 @ 11:53 AM

Good news for the ratings of "Roberazzi": nearly 6 million viewers tuned in, giving the telecast the highest ratings ever for "Victorious", even higher than the 5.7 million it got for it's series premiere. "Victorious" also more than doubled a new WOWP (which was airing at the same time) in the ratings with kids and teens.

redshirtx

redshirtx

Fanatic

Posted Jun 10, 2010 @ 12:49 PM

The big thing that stuck out about Robbie-razzi was that Robbie's constant companion disappeared entirely halfway through it; he would have been a perfect addition to the Robarazzi crew. The "depila-Tori" scene was a close second (and somewhere way behind that was what looked faintly like Beck getting a hint of a personality via picking on Jade).

Talov

Talov

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 27, 2010 @ 12:14 AM

The new episode hit the spot in terms of entertainment. Truly entertaining, from Tori and Trina's catfight over the waterbottle in her bag to Cat's fun day with a group of horny guys while her friends were trapped in an RV, this episode was something else.

redshirtx

redshirtx

Fanatic

Posted Jun 27, 2010 @ 6:23 AM

I can't help thinking that I should have recognized the RV dad from somewhere, but I couldn't place him...and Cat's horny new friends weirded me out for some reason (I can't put my finger on it; they just seemed off somehow). That's the only nitpick I had with this loony little episode, though I am surprised they went all equal-opportunity eyecandy the way they did. (Not that that really hurt the catfight...)

fernsehen

fernsehen

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 27, 2010 @ 1:42 PM

When that catfight was done, both girls still had their flip-flops on. How did that happen? I'd have expected at least one to fly off in all the activity.

Fatty McButter

Fatty McButter

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 16, 2010 @ 11:27 AM

I've started watching this show & I think it's kind of cute, but I just saw what I guess was the pilot or the first episode and I'm confused. I'm probably overthinking it, but how is it that Trina is the talented one, so she goes to Hollywood Arts, but (at least in the pilot) doesn't appear to be able to sing, but Tori (who I guess is supposed to be the "untalented" one) gains enough confidence in 2 seconds to be able to rock out on the "Make It Shine" number, changing it from a ballad to a dance song? And could that production have looked any more Las Vegas strip show?

HarlowQuinn

HarlowQuinn

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 16, 2010 @ 11:54 AM

how is it that Trina is the talented one, so she goes to Hollywood Arts, but (at least in the pilot) doesn't appear to be able to sing

Maybe she's talented in a different way (just a guess.) Andre is a good song writer and Beck likes acting. Trina can't act or sing, but she definitely has enough confidence to think that she should be at Hollywood Arts even if it's sort of delusional.

Fatty McButter

Fatty McButter

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 22, 2010 @ 10:20 PM

Maybe Trina has some other talents, but it really bothers me that she hasn't shown them yet -- other than a talent for being self-absorbed and selfish (the birth"week" episode) -- and even Jade says "talent" would be a good present for her. Wouldn't Hollywood Arts have some kind of audition process (a la "Fame")? How did Trina get in if she can't sing or dance or act (as seen in the one-woman show where she's in "Chicago")? She's a character they could dump quite easily.

That said, I really like how they're showing the friendship between Tori and Andre. No hidden tension or drama (although I wonder if that's because they're interracial).

So is Dan Schneider like the Lord of Nickelodeon now? How many shows does he have on that channel?

Talov

Talov

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 23, 2010 @ 10:04 AM

(although I wonder if that's because they're interracial).

Considering Andre's black and Tori's latina, I wouldn't say it's interracial. For some strange reason, I see a future romance between those two. Either Tori and Andre or Tori and Beck.

lanter

lanter

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 24, 2010 @ 2:09 AM

Maybe Trina has some other talents, but it really bothers me that she hasn't shown them yet -- other than a talent for being self-absorbed and selfish (the birth"week" episode)

We have definitely seen that she can’t sing, act, or write (a play). However, I don’t remember her dancing. Did I miss an episode? I have been holding on to the idea that she must be a great dancer since she can’t do anything else that would explain her getting into an L.A. Performing Arts High School.

Considering Andre's black and Tori's latina, I wouldn't say it's interracial. For some strange reason, I see a future romance between those two. Either Tori and Andre or Tori and Beck.

This is a tricky subject. Nickelodeon has had interracial relationships on some of their shows, most notably on the series “Unfabulous.” The black and (half) Asian “best friend” secondary characters ended up together. Also, the lead actresses’ main love interest throughout the series was of Indian/European descent. However I do not remember a black actor/actress ending up with a lead character on any of their shows…please correct me if I am wrong. The actor who plays Beck is obviously not (fully) Caucasian, and the actress who plays his girlfriend appears to be very white. No offense meant, I really do adore Liz Gillies. However, they are not the leads. If the actor who plays Andre were much lighter skinned and had the same chemistry with Victoria, I think that the show would delve into furthering their relationship. That being said, the series isn’t even half-way through their first season. It seems that a lot of viewers like Jade/Beck and Tori/Andre but no new episodes have been filmed since the show started airing and fan reaction poured in. I do give Nick, and Dan, much more credit than Disney in that I think they seriously consider what the fans want. Not that they kowtow to online fanatics, but they do keep an open communication and it seems to have paid off in terms of ratings and quality. As of now, we’ll probably have to wait for the rest of the seasons unfolding to see where they are going with the relationships.

So is Dan Schneider like the Lord of Nickelodeon now? How many shows does he have on that channel?

Right now it’s two, iCarly and Victorious. I like both shows; they have a sarcastic edge to them that amuses me. Considering that I am old enough to remember Dan from his time on “Head of the Class,” I should bypass both shows but I don’t. What can I say, it beats watching 2 ˝ Men. Ah, screw the justification. I like what I like and these shows make me laugh. Plus, my niece considers me to be a cool Aunt because I can talk Nick with her.

Fatty McButter

Fatty McButter

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 25, 2010 @ 1:17 AM

Dan Schneider has only two shows on Nick? For some reason I thought it was more. Maybe it's because I like "Big Time Rush" too that I assumed he had a number of shows on the channel. (Don't care for "iCarly" though.)

Ah, screw the justification. I like what I like and these shows make me laugh.

I don't even try to justify it. I like kids' shows, and I like "Victorious" and "Big Time Rush" on Nick; "Wizards of Waverly Place" on Disney (I've even gone from "dislike" to "neutral" on "Good Luck, Charlie" on Disney). I would watch "Sonny with a Chance," but only for the "Mackenzie Falls" mini-episodes.

kariyaki

kariyaki

Stalker

Posted Jul 29, 2010 @ 5:34 PM

Dan Schneider has only two shows on Nick?

Only two shows currently, but he's had a bunch in the past: Drake & Josh, Zoey 101, Kenan & Kel, the former of which reruns on TeenNick all the time, along with What I Like About You, also a show that Schneider helmed.

Fatty McButter

Fatty McButter

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 31, 2010 @ 11:57 PM

I'm enjoying this show, and I find the actors to be pretty engaging, as well as the characters -- except the sister; they've gone out of her way to show that she's a no-talent, shallow loser, and it bugs me that she's in a high school for performing arts (even in "Fame," the fat black chick doesn't get it, but hot Anthony does).

Every time I see Tori sing "Make it Shine" in the pilot episode, I can't help thinking that in 20 years, she's going to be singing it in Vegas with the exact same choreography and the exact same gay go-go boys (except then they'll be shirtless). However, I would love to hear it as a ballad, since that's the way she's start off singing it. I think it'd be really pretty.

And what was with "Tori the Zombie," the episode where they had to perform that play and the author shows up? Were they trying to parody pompous Broadway playwrights? Because the play, as performed, was absolutely awful. The only good thing was the musical number.

Also liked the episode "Stage Fighting," but mostly for the very last scene, with Derrick the security guard. That man can move. That was some serious pole dancing.

"Survival of the Hottest" is funny, but it is a little creepy with Cat and the horny beach boys -- dousing her with water guns, the "Ghost" parody, the "cherry" Italian ice (but I liked that she got to have some fun with someone other than the regular group).

Edited by Fatty McButter, Aug 1, 2010 @ 12:24 AM.

BaggythePanther

BaggythePanther

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 8, 2010 @ 4:02 PM

However I do not remember a black actor/actress ending up with a lead character on any of their shows…please correct me if I am wrong.

I know this was touched on a little while ago, but I still wanted to add something. This isn't exactly what you're talking about, but on True Jackson, the lead character is black and the main love interest is white. So there is an example on Nickelodeon of an interracial relationship front and center.

Also, loved the Ghost reference in 'Survival of the Hottest'. Great wink to the older fans. I'm starting to like this show more than iCarly. I just wish they'd start showing new episodes again.

MegaJ

MegaJ

Stalker

Posted Aug 9, 2010 @ 1:36 AM

Something I read awhile back, production is halted while Schneider and co. crank out iCarly's season of episodes so I'm thinking Nickelodeon is holding on to the episodes they have in the can.

redshirtx

redshirtx

Fanatic

Posted Aug 9, 2010 @ 5:37 PM

And it's not like Nick isn't already terminally random with airing new episodes of anything--though you'd think they'd want to take it easy with their newest show. I suppose it depends on how many more eps have actually been completed...

Fatty McButter

Fatty McButter

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 26, 2010 @ 8:43 PM

A new episode was on last night. Mostly enjoyable, but Robby's dreams about an abusive Max were disgusting, and the overabundance of snot nauseated me. They got fairly graphic on the crossbow through the hand bit too.

I liked the beginning with the piccolo, and the "No, no" of everyone.

The Plot Device

The Plot Device

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 10, 2010 @ 11:42 PM

The last 4 new episodes have done pretty well at expanding both Jade and Beck's characters and their overall relationship. I do enjoy that they have just gone overboard with Jade as the Goth who likes pain with her disappointed "oh" when told the pucca fish foot treatment won't hurt.

Going forward, though, I think they have to get rid of Rex. I was hoping the Robbie having Nightmares episode would lead to him realizing he doesn't need the puppet. I think Robbie as a potential foil for the rest of the gang would be much more effective without the puppet gimmick holding any character development back.

Nickelodeon needs to either start cranking even more new episodes out or stop airing 4-6 episodes of the show a day. They seem to play every episode at least 3 times a week. It gets worse with the way that they seem to only rerun certain episodes of iCarly, so it seems like Nick during the day is one big deja vu rerun machine.

Talov

Talov

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 20, 2010 @ 8:01 PM

I was hoping the Robbie having Nightmares episode would lead to him realizing he doesn't need the puppet. I think Robbie as a potential foil for the rest of the gang would be much more effective without the puppet gimmick holding any character development back.

It seems to me that Robbie is the "Screech" of this group. Hopefully he'll grow out of that shell within the next several episodes.

Nickelodeon needs to either start cranking even more new episodes out or stop airing 4-6 episodes of the show a day. They seem to play every episode at least 3 times a week. It gets worse with the way that they seem to only rerun certain episodes of iCarly, so it seems like Nick during the day is one big deja vu rerun machine.

I agree wholeheartedly. Nick seems to air whatever gets the top ratings or they're "favorites". They don't air "True Jackson, VP" (which has 51 episodes aired) during the week at all minus Saturday nights (and not even every Saturday) while "Victorious" only has 12 episodes aired and Nick reruns those on a regular basis, along with airing "Spongebob Squarepants" and "iCarly" ad nauseum.

Edited by Talov, Oct 20, 2010 @ 8:02 PM.

Talov

Talov

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 12, 2010 @ 3:14 PM

Lots of new things happening.

Brand new hour long Victorious movie, Freak The Freak Out is premiering Nov. 27th while they're will also be an upcoming crossover movie of iCarly and Victorious (called "iParty With Victorious", which was filmed a few months ago), premiering next year.

redshirtx

redshirtx

Fanatic

Posted Nov 27, 2010 @ 1:10 PM

Freak The Freak Out wasn't bad, though I can't help thinking that Trina's B-story could have been funnier somehow after the halfway point (and that they could have used the Northridge girls a bit more).