Victorious

• Please log in to reply

928 replies to this topic

HalfwayThere

HalfwayThere

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 25, 2012 @ 5:45 AM

the SNL ending

I think it was meant to be an All That ending (which is essentially the same thing), just as the dancing lobster was a call back to the Amanda Show.

I follow the cast on twitter, so I got the impression something absurd and ridiculous was coming and I really enjoyed it. I prefer plot-centric episodes, but it made me laugh and it was fun to just see the cast having such a good time. I adored "Shut Up and Dance" just because they all seemed to be enjoying it so so much.

Limbonaut

Limbonaut

Stalker

Posted Mar 25, 2012 @ 8:25 AM

I think thanking Lorne and musical guest Lady Gaga and the font for the closing credits made it an SNL thing.

Bad Thoughts

Bad Thoughts

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 25, 2012 @ 2:42 PM

Victorious is already somewhat random; the only thing that changed is that they turned this episode into a sketch comedy. If the writers wanted to truly play a prank on the fans, they should have written an episode with lots of substance.

Some more observations:

I think of Beck as being wooden, not tin.
I loved how they went '70s all the way down to the makeup.
Was Jade slithering?
Did we finally get a clear example of Trina's singing?
I expected that Trina was going to kiss the Gibby head.

Jeneral28

Jeneral28

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 25, 2012 @ 3:21 PM

I don't get this episode at all. Hopefully, there will be less of this kind of stuff. It makes The Breakfast Bunch look good.

jessied112

jessied112

Stalker

Posted Mar 25, 2012 @ 4:15 PM

Well, that was...interesting. A little weird and random, though. I did laugh when Drake Bell randomly showed up before the beginning credits. It was also fun to see characters from Dan's other shows, like Drake and the Dancing Lobster.

But overall, it was just a weird episode. How did a helicopter get inside the school? But I guess this episode was just a bunch of sketches. I guess Dan was trying to go back to his old roots for an episode. I did like the Wizard of Oz sketch a lot. Cat plays a great Dorothy.

That Dancing Lobster running around, though, was hilarious. I just noticed him in the background of Sikowitz eating apples and saying 'what's done is done' on the other side of the road. Seriously, it may be a random episode but I did find it hilarious as long as you don't take it seriously.

Too bad that's probably the only chance we'll hear Trina sing. She's not that bad of a singer :(

All in all, I liked it better than the Breakfast Club episode so I'll probably end up watching this again.

equinoxx

equinoxx

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 25, 2012 @ 4:16 PM

Did we finally get a clear example of Trina's singing?

I'd say it was more a sample of Daniella's. We've heard Trina's singing, on more than one occasion.

Kaoteek

Kaoteek

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 25, 2012 @ 5:02 PM

Loved the random, absurd and surreal nature of that nonsensical episode... even though i liked the iCarly one much more.

And Mr Belding !

CarolinaFiner

CarolinaFiner

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 25, 2012 @ 5:40 PM

I am coming in as a mom who has been watching Victorious for many months in the background :)

Why is Beck with Jade? She's not very pleasant, have there been any episodes where she is not such a pill?

Also, I find Jade to be a LOT like the old Josie and the Pussycats cartoon character, Alexandra. Anyway, cute show.

Cherith

Cherith

Fanatic

Posted Mar 25, 2012 @ 6:05 PM

Why is Beck with Jade? She's not very pleasant, have there been any episodes where she is not such a pill?

Well, you should check out the most recent episodes. But, he is a teenage boy and she is insanely hot so that is usually enough for them. Someone upthread compared it to them being the Head Cheerleader and Quarterback but in a arty theater kid context. Which, I think is spot on.

But, beyond that, she is intense which a lot of more passive people are into. I think Tori and Beck are similar people and they actually have similar reactions to Jade (except Jade is nicer to Beck so there isn't the hostility). They both get frustrated by her and angry at her but they deeply seek her approval. With Tori you see it in that she has done several things just for the reward of a hug from her. Beck actually gets pay off for it in returned affection so it makes sense for him to continue with the cycle until recently. Whereas Tori just keeps getting slapped in the face for her efforts so it makes sense for her to get sick of it.

Edited by Cherith, Mar 25, 2012 @ 6:19 PM.

Jeneral28

Jeneral28

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 28, 2012 @ 8:26 PM

Sort of semi-related "Take a Hint" entered the Billboard charts,

http://www.youtube.c...?v=6PtJ-9-6gSc

Bubbling under 100 though. Still at Number 8.

Bugs Meany

Bugs Meany

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 29, 2012 @ 2:00 PM

I'm not feeling the dark brown, almost black hair on Victoria. Mid-to-late season 2, when she had the medium brown hair with blonde highlights--one could not look any better.

Jeneral28

Jeneral28

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 7, 2012 @ 8:51 PM

So is the next episode next week?

Bugs Meany

Bugs Meany

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 11:31 AM

Wikipedia says yes.

Jeneral28

Jeneral28

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 15, 2012 @ 9:05 AM

Driving Tori Crazy wasn't great except for the Jade-offering-to-drive-Tori-to-school parts. From the offer to the ride through the desert to tori walking 11 miles to school. Great acting by Liz Gillies (and well Victoria Justice).

I don't like rap songs.

smind

smind

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 15, 2012 @ 9:21 AM

I thought Driving was one of the worst episodes yet. It was nice to hear Cat talk in a normal voice for a second, but it seems like they have no idea where they want to take this show.

Cherith

Cherith

Fanatic

Posted Apr 15, 2012 @ 9:34 AM

This show is just so inconsistent. When it is good it is fun. But it is bad just as often. Tonight was not good. Random is not funny in and of itself. Random can be awesome and funny. I don't need structure. But those bits have to actually be funny.

You know iCarly is dying slowly and painfully but, even though it hasn't been funny for some time, it is at least still more consistent than this show. And Season 3 of iCarly was legitimately good by even adult show standards. I can't think of any season of this show that has been consistently that good.

Jeneral28

Jeneral28

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 15, 2012 @ 11:09 AM

Well the worst episodes for me are:

1) Tori the Zombie

2) Rex Dies

3) Who Did it to Trina?

4) Tori Tortures Teacher

5) Terror on Cupcake Street

6) Car Rain and Fire

7) This one, Driving Tori Crazy.

And now the only great character is Jade. The only great character pairing is Jade-Cat, then Jade-Tori (which is dying off since they are making them friends). And by killing off Rex (giving him/it so little dialogue as of recent episodes), they are killing off the best parts.

Still Victorious rocks over iCarly (save the Sam/Jennette parts).

MegaJ

MegaJ

Stalker

Posted Apr 15, 2012 @ 11:23 AM

I actually liked this one. The Andre/Grandma part had me dying.

Slade347

Slade347

Fanatic

Posted Apr 15, 2012 @ 11:31 AM

Every time someone would say "why don't you get your license like a normal teenage girl" all I could think to myself was...there's still no guarantee that would actually give her access to a car. Maybe that's just a flashback to my own teen years coming into play.

I did laugh at the ride with Jade, as well as the mother's refusal to make these big breakfasts for just herself and not her daughters.

Oh and for me, this was one of the worst Kat episodes yet.

Jeneral28

Jeneral28

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 15, 2012 @ 12:20 PM

I actually dislike the sub-plots with Andre's Gradma. She's too predictable and bland.

I wonder why Tori never noticed the shovel through the rear-view mirror.

Cherith

Cherith

Fanatic

Posted Apr 15, 2012 @ 1:17 PM

I am glad they are backing off of the Rex stuff. If they want Robbie to become a kid that could seriously have a girlfriend then he needs to be more normal. And the dummy stuff is literally the most worn out oldest joke in the book. Like back to vaudeville without adding anything interesting (not to mention stealing entire scenes from Soap). It was a one note joke that was never going to go anywhere. So, I am glad they are backing off of it.

HalfwayThere

HalfwayThere

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 15, 2012 @ 1:49 PM

Aww, I liked this one (although to be fair, I'm really sick and on a lot of medication). It's not in my top 10 by any means, but it made me laugh. "Five Fingers to the Face" was a bad song, but it didn't seem like they were aiming for it to be good and I loved how it was the song Cat and Trina were singing in "Tori the Zombie."

I failed my driver's test the first time and my friends entirely made fun of me for months about not having a license, so that made me giggle a bit. Trina has her own car, so I'm sure they would have to share it when Tori got a license or the Vega parents (who seem to be well-off) would buy Tori her own car. And how cute was Trina when she was disappointed that Tori didn't want to drive to school with her? Vega mom making breakfast only for herself also made me laugh because I've had countless conversations with my mom along the lines of "You want x?" "Yes!" "Stove's right there."

As for the driving subplots:
-The way Beck generally responds to female attention just rubs me the wrong way. I hope he and Jade do stay broken up.
-I like Andre's while I was watching it, but afterwards, it didn't make much sense. Didn't he not have a car as of "Jane and Tori's Play Date?" He had to borrow Beck's to take his grandmother to the doctor. And what does she do all day while he's in school?
-I absolutely died during Jade's. Liz Gillies and Victoria Justice are just amazing and play off each other so well. Liz's creepy smiles through the whole thing had me rolling. And the shovel in the back, oh my god.
-Cat's subplot was an unnecessary repeat of the Sky Store debacle of "Robarazzi" and just shows how much she's plummeted downhill as a character.

Jeneral28

Jeneral28

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 15, 2012 @ 4:15 PM

Robbie can't have a girlfriend--he's just not shaped to have one. Rex is needed really.

Yes, it's a repeat of the Skystroe one and even worse. Bring back more Cat-Jade stuff.

Kaoteek

Kaoteek

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 15, 2012 @ 4:57 PM

You know iCarly is dying slowly and painfully but, even though it hasn't been funny for some time, it is at least still more consistent than this show. And Season 3 of iCarly was legitimately good by even adult show standards. I can't think of any season of this show that has been consistently that good.

Still Victorious rocks over iCarly (save the Sam/Jennette parts).

I still like (and enjoy) iCarly more than Victorious, at least as far as consistency and regularity go, but there's no denying that by working on two shows at the same time, Schneider has drained his creative juices, and scattered his best ideas to the point that both shows suffer from it, and are far less effective than they could be. And it won't go any better with Jennette's new show...

As for this episode... unfocused. And pointless.

Edited by Kaoteek, Apr 15, 2012 @ 4:57 PM.

Misslindsey

Misslindsey

Fanatic

Posted Apr 15, 2012 @ 5:52 PM

I was bored by this episode. It felt like nothing was happening. Was it necessary to have a whole episode revolved around Tori getting to school? I was really losing interest until Jade showed up, then lost interest again. I haven't been really liking to many Victorious episodes lately.

I still like (and enjoy) iCarly more than Victorious, at least as far as consistency and regularity go, but there's no denying that by working on two shows at the same time, Schneider has drained his creative juices, and scattered his best ideas to the point that both shows suffer from it, and are far less effective than they could be.

This. I still like iCarly better, it might have to do with fewer characters to focus on, so they get more chances to shine. I assumed Jennette's show would be when iCarly ends. Is this the last season or is there another? I have a hard time keeping track of seasons with these shows.

I am glad they are backing off of the Rex stuff. If they want Robbie to become a kid that could seriously have a girlfriend then he needs to be more normal. And the dummy stuff is literally the most worn out oldest joke in the book. Like back to vaudeville without adding anything interesting (not to mention stealing entire scenes from Soap). It was a one note joke that was never going to go anywhere. So, I am glad they are backing off of it.

I hate Rex. Hate. I am so glad that Rex has been showing up less and less. Honestly, I was questioning Robbie's sanity in so many episodes, because they all acted like Rex was real.

HalfwayThere

HalfwayThere

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 15, 2012 @ 6:09 PM

I watched it again and I still stand by liking it. Granted, the Jade bits could be overshadowing the rest of the episode (also, I just caught that, after Jade leaves her in the desert, Tori was chased to school by a beaver. What even is this show.)

Cherith

Cherith

Fanatic

Posted Apr 15, 2012 @ 6:30 PM

Robbie can't have a girlfriend--he's just not shaped to have one. Rex is needed really.

They seem to strongly be hinting that Robbie and Cat will get together at some point.

This. I still like iCarly better, it might have to do with fewer characters to focus on, so they get more chances to shine. I assumed Jennette's show would be when iCarly ends. Is this the last season or is there another? I have a hard time keeping track of seasons with these shows.

I definitely enjoy iCarly more (still). Victorious is more fresh but even if phoning it in iCarly cast has better chemistry and it doesn't feel so artificial. They haven't said if it is the last season even though Jennnette's show starts filming this summer. If they try to do iCarly without Sam we will know they have lost their damn minds.

Edited by Cherith, Apr 15, 2012 @ 6:34 PM.

Jeneral28

Jeneral28

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 15, 2012 @ 9:49 PM

I still like (and enjoy) iCarly more than Victorious, at least as far as consistency and regularity go, but there's no denying that by working on two shows at the same time, Schneider has drained his creative juices, and scattered his best ideas to the point that both shows suffer from it, and are far less effective than they could be. And it won't go any better with Jennette's new show...

As for this episode... unfocused. And pointless.

iCarly hs weak character interaction, with or withour relationships. Spencer is getting bland and Carly is way too predictable. I don't like Gibby's antics. iCarly misses reality in many areas and is simply losing it as the humour in the iCarly bits have marginal touch. It's also inconsistent by itself in telling the life of eah family.

Spread his creativity yes. Drake and Josh was good, Victorious ranks high amongst all. Season 3 is just not there that's all.

Robbie as character will have no life without a Rex interaction.

Robbie and Cat are far way.

MegaJ

MegaJ

Stalker

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 12:05 AM

Oh and for me, this was one of the worst Kat episodes yet.

I saw "Tori the Zombie" the other day and Cat was a different character. I like it when she isn't so completely idiotic and god, whatever director told her to start talking in this affected baby voice needs to be shot.

As for iCarly/Victorious, I'm liking Victorious more as it becomes more obvious iCarly pretty much has run it's course. Also, I notice Victorious gets the lion's share of the budget as well comparing episodes.

Kaoteek

Kaoteek

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 1:08 AM

Also, I notice Victorious gets the lion's share of the budget as well comparing episodes.

Well, what would you expect ? Not only is Victorious Schneider's newest toy (so far), but it's also the easiest to market, and to cross-promote with VJ's musical career, hence the more lucrative of the two. So of course the show is gonna receive more attention and money. :/