Victorious

• Please log in to reply

928 replies to this topic

Magog

Magog

Fanatic

Posted Oct 26, 2009 @ 8:57 PM

This upcoming new show from Nickelodeon is about Tori Vega (an aspiring singer played by Victoria Justice) attending a performing arts high school in the Hollywood Hills.

Here is an article from the NY Post about the new show. The first episode will air early next yr (around January 2010).

NY Post - Victorious

I'll probably check out this show. But, I still don't see what is so special or likable about Victoria Justice. I never liked her on Zoey 101 (being Lola) & it helped turned me off from that show.

Talov

Talov

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 26, 2009 @ 9:05 PM

I'll probably check out the show too.

However, a girl who attends a performing arts high school in hope to reach singing superstardom? It just seems too much like something Nickelodeon has done before

Edited by Talov, Oct 26, 2009 @ 9:06 PM.

MegaJ

MegaJ

Stalker

Posted Oct 26, 2009 @ 11:34 PM

The show is built around a romantic triangle with Tori, school bad-boy Beck (played by Avan Jogia, one of Justice's real-life best friends ) and his on-screen girlfriend, Jade.

What can I say, Dan Schneider knows the audience.

Alright, time to IMDB/Wiki some of these actors:

The only Matthew Bennett I see is the guy from Battlestar Galatica. This might be the guy, I dunno. He might be playing a teacher. There was another Matthew Bennett in Spectacular! apparently...

Here is Elizabeth Gillies. who is mean girl Jade.

Leon Thomas played Harper on iCarly Saves TV.

Here's Ariana Grande, she was also in 13 along with Elizabeth.

Here is Avan Jogia's official website. He was also in Spectacular!

And here's Daniella Monet.

So I assume most of the show will be on the main triangle with Andre and Robbie being Those Two Guys.

Talov

Talov

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 3, 2009 @ 3:00 PM

According to Dan's twitter, the show will now premiere in March/April of next year.

mtkau

mtkau

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 3, 2009 @ 7:13 PM

A bad-boy in a performing art school?

Lizzie88

Lizzie88

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 27, 2009 @ 6:49 PM

Interview with Victoria on the set.

I have always thought she looks scarily like Nina Dobrev, so I'm glad I'm not the only one.

I'm not sure about this show. The cast seems bloated to me. I'm always wary of shows with more than 3 or 4 central characters running around and this show has 6 plus the parents. I guess we'll see.

ElleEstTrois

ElleEstTrois

Fanatic

Posted Dec 1, 2009 @ 2:23 AM

This upcoming new show from Nickelodeon is about Tori Vega (an aspiring singer played by Victoria Justice) attending a performing arts high school in the Hollywood Hills.

Original...

Magog

Magog

Fanatic

Posted Jan 19, 2010 @ 8:02 PM

First episode will air on March 27th.

MegaJ

MegaJ

Stalker

Posted Jan 19, 2010 @ 11:28 PM

First pictures of Victorious. Lizzie's comment about the cast looking bloated is correct, unless these characters can manage good subplots without Tori around. Also, add the fact that Tori's going to have two parents at home...

If it premieres March 27, I'm surprised Nickelodeon isn't already promoing the death out of this show.

Talov

Talov

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 19, 2010 @ 11:59 PM

I'm intrested in this show and will tune into see it. However, Nickelodeon is clearly not as original as it was before. It'll probably be like "Taina", but less urban.

Magog

Magog

Fanatic

Posted Feb 6, 2010 @ 1:57 AM

Here is the first preview of Victorious.

ONTD - Victorious Preview

I didn't like Taina, but it has to be better than Victorious. Victoria Justice is just plain vile & she's certainly isn't pretty.

Plus, I don't know who is that guy who's holding the puppet, but he needs to go away. I can already tell that I'm not going to like him.

MegaJ

MegaJ

Stalker

Posted Mar 21, 2010 @ 10:17 PM

The second episode of Victorious will premiere 4/11, at 8PM...that's a Sunday. So it looks like Nickelodeon's experimenting with premieres spread out through the entire weekend. Too bad they don't trust True Jackson to lead off Saturdays but oh well.

Talov

Talov

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 22, 2010 @ 12:12 AM

If I were apart of Nick, I would revamp SNICK and have this as the Saturday night lineup:

Victorious
The Troop
True Jackson VP
Big Time Rush

iCarly is doing well enough that it's Friday night slot obviously hasn't hurt it, so it should be kept that way. Just my opinion.

Edited by Talov, Mar 22, 2010 @ 12:13 AM.

Talov

Talov

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 27, 2010 @ 9:07 PM

Victorious just premiered, and it was decent. Nothing spectacular, but entertaining enough. The next episode doesn't air until April 11th.

redshirtx

redshirtx

Fanatic

Posted Mar 27, 2010 @ 11:28 PM

I thought it had a little promise, but I kept being distracted by how most of the girls in this first episode looked too old for high school. And Dummy Guy, who definitely won't take long to annoy all of us.

MegaJ

MegaJ

Stalker

Posted Mar 28, 2010 @ 12:20 AM

This was okay. Victoria Justice has grown to be a pretty good actress. I'm sure once everything is laid down, the show will get better.

I thought it had a little promise, but I kept being distracted by how most of the girls in this first episode looked too old for high school. And Dummy Guy, who definitely won't take long to annoy all of us.

Dummy Guy can go. The cast is kinda big, I feel like it could just work with just Tori, her sister, the bitchy chick, Andre, and maybe the spazzy chick.

lanter

lanter

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 28, 2010 @ 4:13 PM

So I watched the first episode and for the most part it was pretty decent.

The Good:
Victoria Justice does not annoy me, always a plus when it comes to the main character
Leon Thomas was great as Andre
The bi-polar chick was more funny than irritating
The A-Z improv game scene was fun to watch
The boho hippie teacher got a few laughs from me

The Bad:
Too damn many characters
Very cheesy musical number
A sister who adds nothing
The "love interest" came off as bland, but he only had a few lines so hopefully he will get more interesting
The mean girl looked distractingly like a younger, sober Lindsay Lohan

The first five minutes of the show dragged but it picked up after that. I did like that they got the musical number out of the way early, hopefully there won't be singing in every episode....I have Glee for that. The dummy guy didn't bother me but I could see that easily changing, he should be used sparingly. They should have just made it a boarding school, screw Zoey 101 comparisons, because there are enough characters without adding parents into the mix.

Overall, the pilot was better than I expected. It was certainly stronger than iCarly's first episode, then again I don't think that show hit its stride until the second season. I think this will do well for Nick, and I'll certainly check out the next new episode.

Magog

Magog

Fanatic

Posted Mar 29, 2010 @ 7:55 PM

The first episode got 5.7 Million viewers.

I thought that the first episode was so-so at best. The only thing I like about the episode was Jade pouring coffee at Tori. It was hilarious & Tori deserved it. She'll probably be the only person that I will like on the show.

The musical number wasn't anything to get excited about. It just proves that Victoria Justice can't sing or dance. Her acting on the show was mediocre & she's pretty irritating.

I find Andre to be very annoying. He's not charming & his presence really bugs me. I don't like him at all.

I also wouldn't mind punching Robbie & his dummy in the face. I don't know why Nickelodeon cast him on the show, but I really can't stand him He's not at all funny & he looks horrible. It took me only the first episode to be already sick of him.

MegaJ

MegaJ

Stalker

Posted Apr 11, 2010 @ 10:34 PM

So we had our official premiere earlier tonight. It was alright, though I think Dummy Kid is going to get annoying FAST. I predict that gimmick will be gone by next season. They're actually trying to use all the characters in every episode, I think. I think all the main characters showed up (and some DIDN'T have scenes with Tori, surprise). I actually think Tori is a pretty good lead, still a bit of a Canon Sue but so was Carly and she developed quite nicely.

Talov

Talov

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 13, 2010 @ 4:40 PM

I thought the newest episode was good too.

The show got 3.5 million viewers for the episode, also had the highest ratings in it's timeslot. Got higher ratings than Sonny With A Chance as well.

Edited by Talov, Apr 13, 2010 @ 4:41 PM.

redshirtx

redshirtx

Fanatic

Posted Apr 15, 2010 @ 10:09 AM

Finally got to see The Bird Scene last night, and I thought it was a lot better than the pilot episode. But it oddly felt more like an episode of iCarly in places (albeit one with a nice point at the end), especially Tori's freakouts--for whatever reason Victoria Justice's acting reminds me strongly of Miranda Cosgrove's in those moments when I'm not distracted by her looking about twenty years old. On the plus side, they really did a nice job of using nearly everybody in good ways--even Dummy Guy, who didn't grate here like he did in the pilot. Now I'm definitely curious to see where it goes...

MegaJ

MegaJ

Stalker

Posted Apr 19, 2010 @ 6:04 PM

Just caught the latest episode. I kinda love Trina. Dummy Kid was very creepy in this episode and I'm surprised Nickelodeon let them get away with such behavior. Tori continues to NOT annoy me surprisingly, again good use of all the characters.

Littlelamb86

Littlelamb86

Fanatic

Posted Apr 20, 2010 @ 1:24 AM

I like this show too...But my favorite character would actually have to be Jade. I know she can be kind of a bitch, but I like her.

What I like about this show is that they do use all their characters equally. Tori may be the lead, but at least the other charcters get their own little stories.

lynettefl

lynettefl

Stalker

Posted Apr 25, 2010 @ 8:38 PM

I wonder if VICTORIOUS eventually will go with a Tori-Andre coupling. Their chemistry is actually very good and much, much better than Tori's chemistry with Beck.

paulvdb

paulvdb

Fanatic

Posted Apr 28, 2010 @ 7:47 AM

I agree that Tori has better chemistry with Andre. Maybe her chemistry with Beck will improve if she actually gets some screen time with him. So far she seems to get the most screen time with Andre. I guess that could be an indication that they are actually going for a Tori-Andre coupling.

redshirtx

redshirtx

Fanatic

Posted Apr 29, 2010 @ 8:22 AM

Beck's still virtually a nonentity, other than his seeming tolerance-of-rather-than-affection-for Jade. Sooner or later they'll get around to fleshing him out, I suppose.

As for this past episode: it pretty much had me at "They cancelled the Internet!" (I now admit I was wrong, at least so far, regarding Dummy Guy--he's occasionally grated, but not really in relation to said dummy.)

Talov

Talov

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 29, 2010 @ 4:53 PM

Boy, did Robbie get action like no other on the "Stage Fighting" episode. Both Trina and Cat liplocks? Lucky boy.

Looks like next episode. Jade and Beck call it quits and yet Jade wants help from Tori to get them back together? WTF?

cathychameleon

cathychameleon

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 30, 2010 @ 3:05 PM

I now admit I was wrong, at least so far, regarding Dummy Guy--he's occasionally grated, but not really in relation to said dummy.

I think it would have been terrible if he was was always with the dummy, the choice to have him appear mostly without it was a good one I think.
Beck so far is IMO just a lame, stock 'love interest' character. Andre & Tori have more chemistry.

Slade347

Slade347

Fanatic

Posted May 3, 2010 @ 8:25 PM

One thing that bugs me about this show is that in an effort to make Tori look more talented (and to go for cheap laughs), they've made the sister come off as being so untalented that you can't believe for a second that she would get into a performing arts school.

Beck's still virtually a nonentity, other than his seeming tolerance-of-rather-than-affection-for Jade. Sooner or later they'll get around to fleshing him out, I suppose.

We got to see more of him in this most recent episode, yet he still came as off a nonentity to me. Perhaps it's just the actor, or more likely, I suspect, the writing, but as of right now he's clearly the weak link in the cast.

I am liking Jade, though, and her dynamic with Tori, who so far is proving to be a pretty good lead.

lanter

lanter

Couch Potato

Posted May 3, 2010 @ 8:59 PM

I am liking Jade, though, and her dynamic with Tori, who so far is proving to be a pretty good lead.

ITA. Jade is quickly becoming my favorite character, of course she kind of reminds me of Sam Puckett who I also like. Apparently I prefer sarcastic, slightly mean sidekicks to the "good girl" leads. No offense to Victoria who I don't mind.

After having more scenes, Beck is still just kind of there for me. If he was written completely out of the show it would probably take me a few episodes to notice. It could be the writing or maybe Avan Jogia is a passive actor whose surrounded by stronger personalities.

So Trina can't sing and she can't act and we haven't heard mention of her being able to dance or play a musical instrument....so how in the hell did she get into a highly competitive performing arts school? I'm guessing this mystery will never be addressed.

Edited by lanter, May 3, 2010 @ 9:07 PM.